Remorseless improve/QoL

Remorseless improve/QoL

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

We all know the minor trait of MM where the pet can apply openingstrike too.
It should definetely be merged with the first minor and one minor should be: When getting fury get openingstrike.
And Remorseless should get the change instead of apply OS when getting fury you should get unblockable for a short duration when getting OS.

Opinions?

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

Remorseless improve/QoL

in Ranger

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

As much as I would love this, it probably wouldn’t happen as rangers would become the slayers of all blocking classes, due to how much unlockable we would have access to, and then everyone would cry and we’d immediately would get nerfed.

I would love for OS to be re-appied every time fury is applied to you making remorseless very very nasty.

They should make moment of clarity unlockable though since its only 1 attack and if your traited for it you have to have the ducking stars to align to pull it of right anyways

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

Remorseless improve/QoL

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I’m with Eleazar. Attack of Opportunity would be better off as an unblockable as it is a single attack with a +50% damage boost. Would make Moment of Clarity and Signet of the Hunt more attractive while keeping unblockable access limited.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Remorseless improve/QoL

in Ranger

InsaneQR.7412

I’m with Eleazar. Attack of Opportunity would be better off as an unblockable as it is a single attack with a +50% damage boost. Would make Moment of Clarity and Signet of the Hunt more attractive while keeping unblockable access limited.

Yeah sounds reasonable, how about that OS could interuptt an attack? With an ICD of about 10s or so it could come in handy and has synergy with attack of opportunity without being OP.

Pale Raiders united.

Remorseless improve/QoL

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

i agree. Also there is no need of so much unblockable as the problem here are also de immunities. Warriors have around 12 seconds immu plus 4 seconds shield block.
I would make remorseless to apply extra damage when we are under fury, like 10%. Also an increase of movment speed of 33% when we are under fury (like under swiftness)
So in resume: with remorseless while under the effect of fury the ranger would get: 33% movement speed +.10% damage.
This way we can we can stop using bunker traits to have what should be basic mechanics access (ranger needs the extra speed to make up for the lack of damage)

The interrupt thing should be linked to active abilities and not passive.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Remorseless improve/QoL

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

I dont think “Remorseless” needs additional improvments, its one of the only things at the MM traitline that works. If we are talking about the MM traitline, they should focus on bad traits and signets. I like the desighn that out our pure “unblockable”, uptime is via pet. They should find another way to make the MM minors reusable in combat in non Remorseless builds(like via brutish seals like it was in beta).

Remorseless improve/QoL

in Ranger

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

No disrespect to anyone but most of these suggestion are not very well thought out for several reasons.
Giving remorseless a cd would destroy any synergy with rapid fury application and thus reduce the burst intervals (at the moment while under sotp you can push out a uber maul every 3 sec, not to mention synergy with other classes such as revenant), all gone. Not to mention remorseless refreshes on your pet as well when it does on the player (this is why tiger is the best pet choice for it) so not only do you cripple the player burst but the pet burst as well.
Then we have making remorseless a blend of swiftness and steady focus, just why? it’s not like ranger has a lack of swiftness and making another version of steady focus (and predator’s onslaught to some degree) is redundant.
The fact that big bursts can be blocked is a good thing, counterplay is a good thing that this game needs more of not less which is why an almost passive unblockable effect is a bad idea especially when it removes counterplay to a 5-8k maul and 8-10k furious pounce, imagine if elementalist fresh air combo was unblockable.

Remorseless is a burst trait and it needs to remain as such, the only thing that needs to change is the rest of the marksmanship line which is lackluster and the unreliable pet(s) that have synergy with it.
Make the ‘fury recharges opening strike’ part a minor trait so that the minors are self sufficient and leaving remorseless as just a 25% damage increase on opening strike. The only thing that makes sense adding to it would be ‘opening strike also inflicts cripple for x seconds’ or another debilitating effect so that you and your pet can stick on the target more easily, you know be remorseless with your offence.

see no evil ,until i stab you

Remorseless improve/QoL

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

Simple.

Merge the first two minors, add a new minor trait that refresh OS on weapon swap. The entire problem with the minor traits is that they are the only minor traits in the entire game that literally lose their functionality once you have made your first attack, unless you’re running Remorseless.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

Remorseless improve/QoL

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

This is one those simple fixes that I’m sure Anet would go aboard with if someone was to finally nudge them enough to see the glaring issue with the Marksmanship minors.

Merge the first two minors, add a new minor trait that refresh OS on weapon swap. The entire problem with the minor traits in the first place are re-use while in combat when not running Remorseless.

Naaa, weapn swap is a skrimishing thing which actually refreshes OS if tied with Remorseless.

Remorseless improve/QoL

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

This is one those simple fixes that I’m sure Anet would go aboard with if someone was to finally nudge them enough to see the glaring issue with the Marksmanship minors.

Merge the first two minors, add a new minor trait that refresh OS on weapon swap. The entire problem with the minor traits in the first place are re-use while in combat when not running Remorseless.

Naaa, weapn swap is a skrimishing thing which actually refreshes OS if tied with Remorseless.

I knew someone would mention that.

Does it even matter? If you’re already running remorseless AND skirmishing, you’re already set for days with opening strikes. Except you won’t be, because running both those traitlines aren’t a competetive option in PvP. And the way Anet keeps balancing this game, it never will be.

Refresh on weapon swap gives you a reliable source of reapplication of OP in PvP, and as far as PvE goes, it reapplies vuln – that’s at least something compared to what it does now. That is frankly a way better, easier, and more balanced suggestion than anything else I’ve seen over the last few years, and at point I don’t really care if it redundantly stacks with a trait in skirmishing (if you’re running Remorseless..)

That is unless they go back to the brutish seals idea they had before HoT. But it doesn’t look that’s on the table.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

Remorseless improve/QoL

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

True, but reusing mechanics is very cheap and boring. also, merging minors is an unnecessary power creep. Thats why I mentioned “brutish seals” making signets to activate OS. 1)Brutish seals could use a buff, its sucks atm. 2)This mechanic was implemented before by A.net. 3) it will give use to obsolete signets like SOTH. 3)not a powercreep as you need to take BS over MoC. It will probably be used in LB builds tied with lead the wind. GS builds will go MoC/Remorseless.

Remorseless improve/QoL

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

True, but reusing mechanics is very cheap and boring. also, merging minors is an unnecessary power creep. Thats why I mentioned “brutish seals” making signets to activate OS. 1)Brutish seals could use a buff, its sucks atm. 2)This mechanic was implemented before by A.net. 3) it will give use to obsolete signets like SOTH. 3)not a powercreep as you need to take BS over MoC. It will probably be used in LB builds tied with lead the wind. GS builds will go MoC/Remorseless.

It isn’t cheap and boring when it synergizes with what we have. Already mentioned skirmishing, which have three traits revolved around weapon swap. We got an additionally one with the staff trait in the druid line, and it wouldn’t surprise me if we get more of them with upcoming elite specs. Thematically fitting and something we already have been working with. What’s more fitting than regaining an “opening strike” on your first shot with the weapon you just swapped out into anyways, eh?

And as far as powercreep goes? In most cases, pretty much all cases, merging traits would be a powercreep. But we’re talking about merging two traits that does the same thing, except one of them is for our pet, a mechanic that is already taxing our direct damage. It’s a relic from the past and belongs in the trash bin together with the old “signet now affects the ranger aswell” grandmaster we had. I doubt merging these two specific traits would cause much of a powercreep.

Like I said, unless they reintroduce the brutish seal ideas. I’ve been an advocate for that since I first saw the idea. Signets needs something anyway, that is true.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

Remorseless improve/QoL

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

It isn’t cheap and boring when it synergizes with what we have. Already mentioned skirmishing, which have three traits revolved around weapon swap. We got an additionally one with the staff trait in the druid line, and it wouldn’t surprise me if we get more of them with upcoming elite specs. Thematically fitting and something we already have been working with.

And as far as powercreep goes? Hardly. We’re talking about merging two traits that does the same thing, except one of them is for our pet, a mechanic that is already taxing our direct damage. It’s a relic from the past and belongs in the trash bin together with the old “signet now affects the ranger aswell” grandmaster we had.

Like I said, unless they reintroduce the brutish seal ideas. Signets needs something anyway, that is true.

All is true, dont get me wrong, we agree on most points. The staff trait in not weapon swap is only swap to staff which different enough i guss… regarding bad minors being relic of the past i agree, but i prefer solutions that invokes trade-offs and build diversity. Changing the minors will just make the existing remorsless builds stronger which we both agree is not real the issue, but to make non-remorsless builds reuse opening strikes. Brutish seals will give optins for both remorsless builds and non remorsless builds to get more opening strikes, but it will cost you MOC which very viable for the existing remorsless builds.

Remorseless improve/QoL

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

No, merging the minors would make the minor traits relevant regardless of whether you went with remorseless or not, ergo it wouldn’t “only” make remorseless builds stronger. This is not the kind of traits you make a trade off on, minors should work indepedent from grandmasters unless all three grandmaster affect the minors in different ways (if they buffed Brutish Seal to grandmaster level, and added an effect to Lead the Wind aswell, that’s obviously something they could’ve went with..)

If you ask me, you could easily implement both the weapon swap and the brutish seals reapplication. I’m not suggestion weapon swap as the only alternative, I’m suggestion it as something that should be there baseline when picking marksmanship regardless of the build. I don’t find it overpowered, and it works with what we already got.

Remorseless improve/QoL

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Make the ‘fury recharges opening strike’ part a minor trait so that the minors are self sufficient and leaving remorseless as just a 25% damage increase on opening strike.

I’m down with this simple change. Nothing major and the Remorseless GM will be a simple damage boost for a minor trait mechanic since the refresh is moved as a minor. Opens up more avenues and might produce a few variant build types.

Remorseless improve/QoL

in Ranger

InsaneQR.7412

Make the ‘fury recharges opening strike’ part a minor trait so that the minors are self sufficient and leaving remorseless as just a 25% damage increase on opening strike.

I’m down with this simple change. Nothing major and the Remorseless GM will be a simple damage boost for a minor trait mechanic since the refresh is moved as a minor. Opens up more avenues and might produce a few variant build types.

Could definetly live with this one. Just felt kinda blunt just with bonus dmg but more versatile traitline this way then now.

Pale Raiders united.

Remorseless improve/QoL

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

@Lazze.9870
I think brutish seals change will be enough, and its also a well deserved buff. But if you realy looking into a native way to re-activate OS, they can bring back another old mechanic. Re-activate OS on stealth, this should get a massive CD, like 15-20 sec, as we have so meny stealth options ATM and its a native buff.

@Wondrouswall.7169 @InsaneQR.7412
This will just kill the Remorseless trait, making “Predator’s Onslaught”, straight out better. Also, I agree thst non Remorseless builds should get an option to re-use opening strike in mid combat, but not to spam it the way Remorseless builds do.

Remorseless improve/QoL

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

This will just kill the Remorseless trait, making “Predator’s Onslaught”, straight out better.

Nah. They buffed Predator’s Onslaught and it’s still primarily used in PvE. The above merge and trait split would change nothing on PO as it just allows more access to Opening Strike with a chance of different build variants.

If anything, it would just encourage people to choose Remorseless and Marksmanship in PvP and WvW more because the bonuses are there as minors. Now we can freely choose the burst while longbow builds would stick to Lead the Wind.

Don’t forget how rampant -% condition and movement-impending durations that are available that makes PO less effective. Not to mention, Anet could do the good ole’ wonky balancing and nerf PO down to 10% in PvP and WvW to make Remorseless stand out.

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

Remorseless improve/QoL

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Predator onslaught need also an extra to make it work as in pvp it’s impossible to keep those conditions on the target because the rangers lack of options to apply them.
There is an adept trait that could work if instead 30 seconds cd the OCD would be in line with the cripple duration it applies.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Remorseless improve/QoL

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

Predator onslaught need also an extra to make it work as in pvp it’s impossible to keep those conditions on the target because the rangers lack of options to apply them.
There is an adept trait that could work if instead 30 seconds cd the OCD would be in line with the cripple duration it applies.

If you’re struggling to get something out of a damage modifier that acts on cripple, immobolize, chill,, taunts, fears, stuns and dazes as a ranger, you’re doing something seriously wrong.

Predator’s Instinct obviously needs a change, and any buff to it would help PO even further. But PO is good enough as it is now.

Remorseless improve/QoL

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

@Lazze.9870
I think brutish seals change will be enough, and its also a well deserved buff. But if you realy looking into a native way to re-activate OS, they can bring back another old mechanic. Re-activate OS on stealth, this should get a massive CD, like 15-20 sec, as we have so meny stealth options ATM and its a native buff.

While I do agree stealth is another possibility (one that I always thought they could have kept as a part of Remorseless), that internal cooldown isn’t necessary unless they’re giving the ranger more stealth down the road (and I’d keep it at 10 seconds for starters). We currently have three stealth options, reliant on a weapon, a pet and an elite spec. I get your concern about powercreeps, but we’re talking about a relatively weak specialization line (I run it all the time, but still) in a game that won’t see those drastics powernerfs that you want to see.

Remorseless improve/QoL

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

@Lazze.9870

While I do agree stealth is another possibility (one that I always thought they could have kept as a part of Remorseless), that internal cooldown isn’t necessary unless they’re giving the ranger more stealth down the road (and I’d keep it at 10 seconds for starters). We currently have three stealth options, reliant on a weapon, a pet and an elite spec. I get your concern about powercreeps, but we’re talking about a relatively weak specialization line (I run it all the time, but still) in a game that won’t see those drastics powernerfs that you want to see.

You are probably right, you convinced me on the 10 sec ICD. When you thing about it, it’s kinda funny we have 3 minors that togather produce 1 guaranteed crit of ranger’s full dps(ranger+pet) and 10 vulnerability, once a fight. I think it’s less value than a sigil.