Request build for dungeons.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eliteseraph.4970

Eliteseraph.4970

Ok, so I’ve looked at a lot of the builds posted here in the forums, and they’re almost all completely out of date, or designed for sPVP and WvW. I couldn’t really find one that’s useful when you’re interested in building for dungeons and fractals.

Is it simply that any build works well? Or that rangers don’t have that one perfect build for fractal runs like other classes? Or did I just miss it somehow?

I’ve been pretty happy with the BM Cleric/apothecary builds for WvW that people like Tupro have posted. And I’m mostly a sPVP/WvW kinda player. Haven’t done much dungeon/fractals at all. Are those builds going to work just fine in both areas? Do I even need to swap gear or spec at all?

Any help or input is much appreciated.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kootje.9271

Kootje.9271

In fractals u can use every build, same as in pve. Depends a lot on ur playstyle.
I’ve done fractals in cleric and in zerk, both work, one dishes out more damage and the other one has more survivability. Just try it with ur current set and u’ll notice fast enough what u want to change to be more effective.
It’s also dependant of the group ur running with.

Proud member of Dutch-Finest Guild on Far Shiverpeaks.

If it ain’t dutch,… :P

in Ranger

Eliteseraph.4970

Alright, cool. I was looking to drop some gold on a full equipment set, and I didn’t want to go and spend a crapton of money and find out later that I really needed something very specific.

I guess I’ll run with my cleric gear for now, and change as I get more experience with dungeons.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kootje.9271

Kootje.9271

An option is always to first try what suits ur playstyle. Then finetune it with traitchoices and different approaches in the mists on the golems. Andalso worth the try in pvp, cuz ucan finetune ur build based on xp in there. Doesn’t cost a cent to try different sets there. And youtube has a lot of vids of different rangerbuilds which ca help u decide whatsuits u best. Gl

Proud member of Dutch-Finest Guild on Far Shiverpeaks.

If it ain’t dutch,… :P

in Ranger

Eliteseraph.4970

An option is always to first try what suits ur playstyle. Then finetune it with traitchoices and different approaches in the mists on the golems. Andalso worth the try in pvp, cuz ucan finetune ur build based on xp in there. Doesn’t cost a cent to try different sets there. And youtube has a lot of vids of different rangerbuilds which ca help u decide whatsuits u best. Gl

Like I said originally, I’ve already spent some time looking at quite a few builds online here from the forums, and on youtube. I didn’t find much that was current, and specifically targeted at dungeon runs. There’s a few older builds centered around power and either the longbow or shortbow, but I’m not sure if those still work with the current patch or not.

Oh well, I guess the best way is to give it a whirl.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nexorian.5342

Nexorian.5342

Which runes would you guys suggest for zerker shortbow/longbow dungeon build?

in Ranger

Posted by: Olaf Soul Can Haz.4689

Olaf Soul Can Haz.4689

I would use runes of the ranger imo or if money is a little tight just put ruby orbs on your armor. Runes of the scholar are also popular but you need to be at above 90% hp more than 50% of the time for them to be better than runes of the ranger (scholar gives +10% more dmg while health is above 90%, ranger gives +5% dmg all the time). Runes of the ranger are also cheaper that scholar.

in Ranger

Nexorian.5342

Which sigils would you suggest on weapons? shortbow/longbow

in Ranger

Posted by: Olaf Soul Can Haz.4689

Olaf Soul Can Haz.4689

longbow: I use sigil of force (+5% dmg) because I like the guaranteed extra damage rather than having to build up stacks or relying on crit procs. Though if you want the most amount of damage, sigil of bloodlust would be the best at 25 stacks (adds +250 power).

Shortbow: depends on if you are going strait damage or condition damage but you can never go wrong with sigil of force.

in Ranger

Nexorian.5342

Going for straight damage – power, precision and crit damage.