Returning, Trying to find a build

in Ranger

Posted by: Rimu.7105

Rimu.7105

Hello everyone, Im trying to find a good build to use for… mostly PvE/PvM..whatever peopel are calling it now… if it also doubles for raiding, then that would be amazeing, but right now PvX… what would be recomended?

Condintion or Power based?

(edited by Rimu.7105)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sigfodr.9576

Sigfodr.9576

condition axe/torch + shortbow. With full viper armor/tinkets/weapons is very strong atm. Can be used both as old ranger or as druid trait settup.

http://qtfy.eu/build/ranger is the raid builds. For open world/fractals you can swap skills or a few traits to make yourself more tanky if you want. But you are already nicely tanky on ranger/druid with pet so

in Ranger

Posted by: kniklz.9483

kniklz.9483

Condi builds are the way to go for rangers in PVE. axe/ torch and shortbows finally got some loving.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Condi builds are the way to go for rangers in PVE.

For organized stuff. For open world and/or zerging, LB + GS is still significantly better.

And of course the obligatory “anything works and it doesn’t really matter”.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sister Saxifrage.7361

Sister Saxifrage.7361

While anything DOES work in open world, most people would like to at least start with a build with some kind of track record and that would see them be wanted in a group setting once they’ve mastered it. Even if they then modify it to their liking.

For example, I like the basic meta condi ranger: shortbow, axe/torch, and traps, and I keep Quick Draw to practice my rotation. But instead of Beastmastery, for open world I like to take Druid 133, mostly for that sweet, sweet Natural Stride.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

While anything DOES work in open world, most people would like to at least start with a build with some kind of track record and that would see them be wanted in a group setting once they’ve mastered it. Even if they then modify it to their liking.

In farming situations the raid condi build won’t get you any tags, but for solo open world, ya anything will work.

It’s also worth pointing out condi is only meta for raids and high level fractals, which is a really small subset of players. For example at something like 5 or 6k hours I’ve never even made a full viper set for ranger because I find it so boring and generally do other content. If I want to dungeons or low level fractals I use the power build, which doubles for WvW gear. For low level group player, power is the better build again.

in Ranger

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

I get kitten for this but I am still using celestial with traveler runes for most pve. Let’s me change my build on the fly to be decent at whatever I need to do, without hauling around 3 different sets (power, condi, healing). Not optimal or meta, but very enjoyable, and I haven’t had any problems handling any content so far. Note that I am not doing high end fractals or raids right now, if I did, I’d make a more focused set of gear.

Edit: Also means I don’t have to make a new set when I go to try out wvw.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

@Bearshaman, ascended cele armor was the best decision I ever made for WvW. It lets you do basically anything, and just customize with trinkets. It was like legendary armor stat swapping.

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

@Bearshaman, @Fluffball, that is true. Very underrated set unless you are into min and max type stuff. I also use celestial. The only time I have personally run into some minor trouble is when I want to go more into conditional damage but that is because I don’t have enough ascended weapons (for whatever reason) so that limits my choices at the moment.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

The min-maxing is barely even a concern with cele, since druids get great use out of every stat. But anywho, way off topic.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

I’m the same with cele it is most versatile armor for druid in wvw. Cele with durability runes is a jack of all trades and master of them too

in Ranger

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

… I have never felt so validated… <3