Roaming/Dueling Vid

Roaming/Dueling Vid

in Ranger

Posted by: Lucente.5071

Lucente.5071

Hi guys,

I felt like sharing some escapades from last night in OS. A couple of 1v1 duels and some 3v3’s with TBT guild from Fort Aspenwood. Let me know what you think!

http://youtu.be/_bktaWFV5Y0

Corrupted Moneybagz – Thief / Moneyz – Warrior
[vT] Violent Tendencies

Roaming/Dueling Vid

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

You did well mate. =]

Correct me if I’m wrong, but you are on EU right?

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

Roaming/Dueling Vid

in Ranger

Lucente.5071

We are actually on NA. We used to be #1 guild on GoM and transferred to Yaks Bend Last week. I work till 3am CST so I dont get online till about 4am CST. :P

[vT] Violent Tendencies

Roaming/Dueling Vid

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

We are actually on NA. We used to be #1 guild on GoM and transferred to Yaks Bend Last week. I work till 3am CST so I dont get online till about 4am CST. :P

You probably left GoM at the right time. They are getting wreckt…

Then again I have little room for people that bail on servers.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Roaming/Dueling Vid

in Ranger

Lucente.5071

Yeah I feel the same way. We have been on GoM since day 1 of the game. The problem is that the GoM community want to go a different direction to our guild. We want to be competitive in WvW and go to T4 amd beyond but the community wants to be in bronze league.

[vT] Violent Tendencies

Roaming/Dueling Vid

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

I’m going to take a stab at your build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNBjYDbkQlyVrXxhFqWDsHUrDgC4sb1DsH4RIFKZU7A-TlCEABcv/QsKBZS5nBPAAWU/pDdDAcEAO4CA8wBBIMTQBAQA4oDdn38nJFAYLjA-w

Is that it?
I was 10 off of your health pool.

Traits I noticed:

Marksmanship
– Read the Wind
– Eagle Eye
– Steady Focus
- No Signet Mastery

Skirmishing
– Trap Potency
– Quick Draw
- Primal Reflexes

Wilderness Survival
– Shared Anguish
– No Offhand Training
– No Martial Mastery

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

Roaming/Dueling Vid

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

Yeah I feel the same way. We have been on GoM since day 1 of the game. The problem is that the GoM community want to go a different direction to our guild. We want to be competitive in WvW and go to T4 amd beyond but the community wants to be in bronze league.

Many left Ehmry Bay for similar reasons. Ironically they soon found out that the grass isn’t always greener. Wish you luck though. Also props for using Obsidian Sanctum for what it was patched to do. It is actually good to see.

Side note – and I may be derailing the thread – skill isn’t what separates the various leagues. It is wall clock coverage. No more, no less. Hoping this will be addressed when the expansion hits but don’t expect it to.

Roaming/Dueling Vid

in Ranger

Lucente.5071

I’m going to take a stab at your build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNBjYDbkQlyVrXxhFqWDsHUrDgC4sb1DsH4RIFKZU7A-TlCEABcv/QsKBZS5nBPAAWU/pDdDAcEAO4CA8wBBIMTQBAQA4oDdn38nJFAYLjA-w

Is that it?
I was 10 off of your health pool.

Traits I noticed:

Marksmanship
– Read the Wind
– Eagle Eye
– Steady Focus
- No Signet Mastery

Skirmishing
– Trap Potency
– Quick Draw
- Primal Reflexes

Wilderness Survival
– Shared Anguish
– No Offhand Training
– No Martial Mastery

Not bad! Your pretty close. I use a Celestial back piece to round off the stats. I could use zerk but the difference is minimal. Food is Omnomberry Ghost for the crit + lifesteal/true damage although I do use the nopales from time to time as it intensifies the soft CC. Other pet is Wolf. Moa for the 100% fury up time when combined with WH. Spider is also good for the imobilize

[vT] Violent Tendencies

Roaming/Dueling Vid

in Ranger

Posted by: BarnabeJonez.6023

BarnabeJonez.6023

Stomp + Block too OP.
In all seriousness, this build is scary. If I saw you while on my thief, I think I’d just run.

Roaming/Dueling Vid

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

Stomp + Block too OP.
In all seriousness, this build is scary. If I saw you while on my thief, I think I’d just run.

You wouldn’t see him unless he was carrying a sign

Roaming/Dueling Vid

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

Stomp + Block too OP.

You wouldn’t see him unless he was carrying a sign

Although I meant to say earlier I don’t get the back piece.

Roaming/Dueling Vid

in Ranger

Lucente.5071

I forgot to mention that I was running SB/LB in the 3v3 matchups. I am suprised no one caught that and started trolling lol. A simple WoR would have been a pain in the butt.

As far as the back piece goes, yes a zerker one would be better but I personally like the number of stats that the celestial one gives and doesnt affect my dps in a significant way.

[vT] Violent Tendencies

Roaming/Dueling Vid

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

I forgot to mention that I was running SB/LB in the 3v3 matchups. I am suprised no one caught that and started trolling lol. A simple WoR would have been a pain in the butt.

As far as the back piece goes, yes a zerker one would be better but I personally like the number of stats that the celestial one gives and doesnt affect my dps in a significant way.

Na, I wouldn’t troll over that

Side note, and if you really are, how are the trap runes with the zerk setup? I wouldn’t have thought to try those with that setup. I run them but it is with a LB/S/T condi solo roaming build. I would expect your condition damage to be moot/low with a full zerk set so maybe it is a wash or a bonus. Figured I’d ask.

Roaming/Dueling Vid

in Ranger

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

I’m not even going to comment on the duels.

In the 3v3’s if that group was even half way smart, they would have targeted you and you’d be dead every time. You have zero escapes from stun lock.

Roaming/Dueling Vid

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

If played well it’s surprisingly hard to focus the person down. I know because there’s a Ranger against me in my current matchup who runs around like this, or at least very simular.

I have to say most of our encounters so far he’s won simply because the extreme range and amazing access to stealth makes catching them a real task. That said though, you are right, that if you do manage to catch the person it can be over for them very quickly. I’m on my trap build and if I do manage to get him caught in my traps for 3-4 seconds that’s often a lethal dose of conditions, not to mention over 10 seconds of chill, none of which can be cleansed.

So, yeah… Has obvious weaknesses but it is not as easy to exploit them as you might imagine.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

Roaming/Dueling Vid

in Ranger

Lucente.5071

I’m not even going to comment on the duels.

In the 3v3’s if that group was even half way smart, they would have targeted you and you’d be dead every time. You have zero escapes from stun lock.

For the most part you are right, if they changed who they focused the fight would be different. While I dont have any way of getting through a stun lock. The key is to be pro active and not get locked in the first place. I wouldnt be running SB/LB if I had been focused in the previous 3 rounds thats for sure.

Ranger has plenty of escapes with sword/traps to keep people away. If I had been focused, I have enough tools to kite while the other 2 members of my team CC or kill the other. If not I can add more by changing moa for spider, adding Ice sigil or hunters instinct (14 sec cripple @ 50% HP).

Every build has a counter. For me, other pewpew rangers or P/D condi thieves are tough.

[vT] Violent Tendencies

Roaming/Dueling Vid

in Ranger

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

I’ve been destroying LB trapper rangers all night, it’s a horrible build. Please don’t post videos of you killing bad players with it, trying to show how it’s good.

Roaming/Dueling Vid

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

I’ve been destroying LB trapper rangers all night, it’s a horrible build. Please don’t post videos of you killing bad players with it, trying to show how it’s good.

Lol. Isn’t that the same thing if I was to say I’m killing pew pew zerker rangers? Or any other combination of X vs. Y build? Or anyone posting a video that isn’t the same trait/gear layout as yours?

Just wondering.

Roaming/Dueling Vid

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

What Tricare may be getting at (albeit in a forward way) is that since LB is currently a ‘meta’ weapon, it gives rise to builds that normally would not see the light of day otherwise.

Such as LB trapper or dual bow. In WvW such builds are often accompanied by bears. Because bears are meta for all the wrong reasons.

Roaming/Dueling Vid

in Ranger

Lucente.5071

I can understand that. In reality there are not many weapon choices for Power Rangers. Granted SB/LB is a poor combination because its so easy for other classes to shut down the DPS.

Now to say that its a poor build because peoples skill level is different doesnt mean the build is bad. The people that use metabattle and copy builds 9/10 times dont understand the mechanics or qwerks behind them that make builds sucessful. Other times theres just strait hard counters, in this case heavy condi pressure. Dont get me started on bears……

[vT] Violent Tendencies

Roaming/Dueling Vid

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

I think it is sub-optimal because of the way the game works. LB is a ‘power weapon’, if you stick that with condition skills or traits you end up losing effectiveness.

This is not to say you can’t hybridize. I myself run with ~1900 power on a condition heavy build (~1750 condition damage in WvW with food / buffs). The problem lies with the weapon itself.

It is sort of like taking torch on a power build. Sure it would function, but you also are not gaining nearly as much as you would by just taking a ‘power weapon’.

We forum users also know how to mess with builds and min/max. The average LB Trapper just throws flame trap or something in with trapper runes, a bear, and a LB.

Roaming/Dueling Vid

in Ranger

Lucente.5071

I think it is sub-optimal because of the way the game works. LB is a ‘power weapon’, if you stick that with condition skills or traits you end up losing effectiveness.

This is not to say you can’t hybridize. I myself run with ~1900 power on a condition heavy build (~1750 condition damage in WvW with food / buffs). The problem lies with the weapon itself.

It is sort of like taking torch on a power build. Sure it would function, but you also are not gaining nearly as much as you would by just taking a ‘power weapon’.

We forum users also know how to mess with builds and min/max. The average LB Trapper just throws flame trap or something in with trapper runes, a bear, and a LB.

I think that is a fair statement. It is not as optimal as it could be, you certainly lose a lot of stats by using the trapper runes. However there is something to be said for the level of survivability and kite potential it provides. Ranger isn’t really designed for close combat unless you specifically spec for it or condi. Therefore whatever you can do to keep the distance between you and your opponent is ultimately going to be an advantage.

I just want to say thanks to everyone for providing the feedback and being able to have a respectful discussion on the subject. Not often found in these parts.

[vT] Violent Tendencies