Roaming Ranger Without a Bow

in Ranger

Posted by: OptimistPrime.9283

OptimistPrime.9283

I am curious if there would be any sort of possibility for a viable ranger that does not use range as a roamer. Possibly with an emphasis on evasion?

Anyone know if this would even be a possibility? Or if it is already a possibility, whether or not it is already a thing?

Darkhaven’s giant purple cat thief thing

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

Paundro did a sword/greatsword cleric build for roaming. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfEWpvAlu68

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Ranger

Posted by: Bambula.3649

Bambula.3649

most of the non bow builds are much stronger

Orga for [WUMS]

in Ranger

OptimistPrime.9283

How very interesting. I notice that it was posted in July. Do you think it is still relevant?

most of the non bow builds are much stronger

Ahah reaaally. I should have assumed, but that is very good news.

in Ranger

nagymbear.5280

How very interesting. I notice that it was posted in July. Do you think it is still relevant?

Errm, I’m not actually sure it is him in the video. Maybe his account got closed on teh youtubez. nvm, it is him. I think it should still work. The gist of it is Dwayna runes and high healing power. Pet damage got nerfed in the meantime though. It will get you slower kills than the condi counterpart probably, but should work still.

(edited by nagymbear.5280)

in Ranger

OptimistPrime.9283

Errm, I’m not actually sure it is him in the video. Maybe his account got closed on teh youtubez. nvm, it is him. I think it should still work. The gist of it is Dwayna runes and high healing power. Pet damage got nerfed in the meantime though. It will get you slower kills than the condi counterpart probably, but should work still.

Why thank you! I will have to check it out

in Ranger

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

I’ve been using GS + axe/axe since I made my ranger months ago, and its proven more versatile than using a bow. GS has the evades / movement skill, and axe/axe has the ranged component needed + a pull and a reflect. Good weapon synergy between them.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

In general, strongest builds for Ranger doesn’t contain any Bow. The less bows you bring = better you are atm lol

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Rangers trait lines allow you to completely avoid pre/crit when maxing power/toughness and condition damage. You can go 30/0/30/0/10 or 30/0/20/0/20 with signets and swords, depending on how much you like pets. You can tank like/better than a guardian this way with natural evades and signets.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in Ranger

Archon.6480

In general, strongest builds for Ranger doesn’t contain any Bow. The less bows you bring = better you are atm lol

Not true, bows shoot through targets and spam conditions trough targets. With the right sigils and allies, no weapon does more damage against mobs. No weapon comes close even…

Jade Quarry – Esparie

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

Stronger doesn’t mean more damage. Sword have great stability. The evades alone make it a stronger choice.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

in Ranger

Bambula.3649

^yes serraphim

@archon we do not say the only good build are without bow, but most of the stronger build are without and dont need any bow

Orga for [WUMS]

in Ranger

Posted by: Nado.8324

Nado.8324

in Ranger

Posted by: Zoia.3678

Zoia.3678

I’ve been running this build, or variations of it, for months now, and it works well for solo roaming. It’s nothing unique, as I’ve seen others have posted similar builds before.
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQRAsY3fnAV0FclFKWwaZAp9gTMvzjVwQcP8vOJELZTRA-jEEBogCiIOwUFQEGAEBhOvDK5bIr5QglRFRjVPLyqaAaGYqUJ1YG2eGyrQZVKglkGB-w

It has mostly cel pieces in it there, but I’ve often used more rabid and apo parts as well and haven’t noticed that much of a difference. As long as I have around 3100-3200 toughness and 600 healing power, I feel I have good survivability. I’ve had enemies invite me and tell me my regen is insane, so I guess it’s not too bad.

Having no condi clears makes it almost impossible to fight some necros, but I don’t run into those too often. Some mesmers give me a hard fight as well, but it often ends in a draw. Melandru runes + Leek Soup(I’m too cheap for the best one) usually take care of conditions well enough.

I’ve experimented with lots of different gear and feel I’ve finally(well, almost) have a build that has a good combination of survivability and damage. I’m always trying to lower tough/HP a little to get more offense, but every time I do, I run into someone that butchers me and I go back to more defense again.

Edit: I often use Primal Reflexes as the Skirmishing trait, for more vigor, instead of Sharpened Edges.

(edited by Zoia.3678)

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Sword dagger axe torch
Sword torch axe dagger

Both are better than bow builds for roaming in most any case. A (rare) example of bow being better is shortbow with x-x-10-x-20 with pet condi dmg and feline bleed on crit. Then you shortbow 4 for extra bleed stacks.

Bows generally have less control over condi / dmg application and apply less as well. Take ranger vs ranger. You cant time condis to empatic bond while the s/d a/t can stack 11 bleeds and 6s burn in 2s after empatic bond ticks. His condis will last and yours will not so you will die.

Power builda are generally garbage for roaming. You can only kill with luck or bad opponents.

Ranger | Elementalist

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Sword dagger axe torch
Sword torch axe dagger

Both are better than bow builds for roaming in most any case. A (rare) example of bow being better is shortbow with x-x-10-x-20 with pet condi dmg and feline bleed on crit. Then you shortbow 4 for extra bleed stacks.

Bows generally have less control over condi / dmg application and apply less as well. Take ranger vs ranger. You cant time condis to empatic bond while the s/d a/t can stack 11 bleeds and 6s burn in 2s after empatic bond ticks. His condis will last and yours will not so you will die.

Power builda are generally garbage for roaming. You can only kill with luck or bad opponents.

I agree, and not to derail the thread at all, but since you’re here, help end an internal debate of mine if you don’t mind; traps or spirits?

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yes of course it can be done. There are many rangers roaming with LB/Sw-D or SW-WH

Although personally I always have LB as an alternative (traited max range).

About 50% of the players I encounter solo, are running away from me, so chasing them all over the map trying to get in melee is boring and stupid. If I can kite/range kill with a LB, it’s good. If they come close I swap to whatever I use for melee offhand.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNAR8YjEVV2JW+Vs2BimiJZJmiEpo3j0z+2nxKlI7B-jUCBYjCyUgQUDwEGAJqFRjtMsIasqaLqWfET9CQKgyFGB-w

this build is fun, and you can use a variety of weapon combinations, the main idea is to snare you opponent as often as possible so you pet can wreck them.

i switch to A/A – A/WH to flip camps and i either use GS – S/B, GS – S/WH or GS – SB depending

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

I use Axe/Axe and Greatsword in a Trap Build when roaming.

Also, here’s the most noob (and also one of the laziest) of shortbow builds that everyone should know about ::: You should take Rampager or Rabid gear and a Shortbow. Add in Sharpened Edges from Skirmishing, Keen Edge from Marksmanship, and an Earth Sigil. Depending on easily controlled circumstances (and some not controllable at all), your shortbow can have up to 4 bleeds stack each hit on its autoattack before you ever consider utility skills, pets, or your Elite.

in Ranger

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Can check my sig for 2 bm regen condi videss as well. Axe/Dagger and Sword/Torch

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Ranger

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Sword dagger axe torch
Sword torch axe dagger

Agreed with your condition weapon choices, but my God are you way off about power builds not being good for roaming.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fext.3614

Fext.3614

A ranger without a bow… maybe thief? Warrior? Or if you want pets, necro? Why would you need a ranger if you do not want to use bows?

in Ranger

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

A ranger without a bow… maybe thief? Warrior? Or if you want pets, necro? Why would you need a ranger if you do not want to use bows?

Ranger is the pet class not the bow class, a warrior is much better with LB than ranger.

Imo the best thing for a roaming ranger are :

Condi build :

s/t + sb
s/d + a/t

Power build :

s/d + gs
s/wh + gs

in Ranger

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

Ranger is the pet class not the bow class, a warrior is much better with LB than ranger.

Imo the best thing for a roaming ranger are :

Condi build :

s/t + sb
s/d + a/t

Power build :

s/d + gs
s/wh + gs

dont forget the hybrid build

s/wh + axe/torch

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

What is a good spvp warrior LB build, I’d like to test this against my ranger build?

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Ranger

Posted by: Demus.4218

Demus.4218

I run a Axe/Warhorn Sword/Torch condi crit hybrid with celestial gear to great effect.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQRBHhx+1JQFVWmYhVQsWGIaP4k5PP7hh4ficFGVJjqC-j0CBoiBEbMy00wkHAEIQEBgJqFRjtupIasqaER1qkYGxFRrGA-w

It has loads of conditions, almost 100% fury and swiftness up time in combat if your swapping correctly (as soon as you’re off cooldown). With the 60-70% crit chance and 90% crit damage you’ll be seeing mostly 800-900 damage auto attack. Each crit grants your pet might and plants a bleed.

Try Torch 5(fire field), swap, Wh-5 (blast), wh-4 (17 hits), axe 2 (5 hits), Sic Em, Axe 3(chill). For nice pet burst damage. Also try with RaO.

in Ranger

Rym.1469

Not true, bows shoot through targets and spam conditions trough targets. With the right sigils and allies, no weapon does more damage against mobs. No weapon comes close even…

Oh, boy..
To begin with, to make your arrows pierce you have to pick Piercing Arrows trait which is 20 points deep in MM, you have to either lose Eagle Eye (the only advantage roaming ranger has – outraging opponents) or Spotter.
So you dump 20 points and your arrows pierce. Now, who gives a flying kitten about it? It may work only with Mesmers maybe, but good Mesmer should kill any Ranger built around bows.
You pierce… What? You’re a kitten roamer, your goal is mostly 1v1, 1v2, we’re not talking about zergfests. Nobody 9 a clue of brian will ever stand in line when fighting with you just to allow you for imba pierce. And if it comes to damage, every single other class will do more damage than you, piercing with your shortbow. I have yet to meet some group of people, who in active fight stand in line, turned back to you… Seriously, DS Power Necromancer which I play can get piercing by adept trait in mandatory line, which not only allows you to pierce, but also apply 2 stacks of vun each Life Blast hit, lasting long time. And yea, even in balanced build Life Blast crits for 5-7k every 1,5 second and has better piercing radius

You speak about shortbow stacking good bleeds. Now tell me, why does nearly none apart from Spirit Ranger spam build and maybe some controll specs run Shortbow? It has amazingly poor condition application, requiring you to not face your opponent. When you kite someone, he’s facing you so you apply nothing.
If player is fighting with someone else, the no-brainer he has to do when he sees you with your pitiful, little pony bow is to simply face in your direction and continue fighting. Suddenly, your bleed application goes down to nearly zero and he can ignore you.

Please, don’t even try to argue with me about bows in WvWvW roaming. I’ve put about 150 hours in roaming with Bow specs on WvWvW, killed tons of players with them.
Still, after 19567 death because of weapon not working, skill breaking, pet being useless and trying to craft working tactics with my builds vs. decent opponents in meta builds, being roflstomped because of broken class….
I gave up and came back to my Necromancer. Now I have a lot of fun with Power specs roaming. Most of things do work, I face meta builds with success, pets obey commands in most of the times I need them, I can kite.
Unless something big happen, I can’t see myself coming back to Ranger. Running with Conditank builds and spamming #1 all day without any proper tactic (because none work better than spamming)… Not for me, lost faith

in Ranger

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Oh, boy..

Please, don’t even try to argue with me about bows in WvWvW roaming. I’ve put about 150 hours in roaming with Bow specs on WvWvW, killed tons of players with them.
Still, after 19567 death because of weapon not working, skill breaking, pet being useless and trying to craft working tactics with my builds vs. decent opponents in meta builds, being roflstomped because of broken class….

I gave up and came back to my Necromancer.

I do quite fine w/ my SB + S/WH Crit Bleed Build. I can toss out 14-16 stacks of bleed in about 3-4s… w/o the use of a pet and while facing someone.

The reason you’re on your Necro is becuase it’s EzMode like Warrior. Just saying… and not judging. We all like ezmode from time to time.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Ranger

Rym.1469

DS Power Necromancer ez-mode? I’d like to see hou, roaming with it and fighting other roamers. I don’t play fotm condition build, you know. And I’ve said that.
Yet, you bother only to quote “Necromancer”

Also, I guess your build works around “Hunter’s Call” Warhorn mostly and that’s the source of spike bleeding, I do agree. But not shortbow itself, as a weapon with no keen edge or sharpening stone. Shortbow in your build is mostly a weapon you switch to after spike to do any damage, since Sword is mobility and evade. You don’t run pure conditank build either, mostly rabid and rampager I guess because you need a lot of precision.

I know your build and as I said – it’s core is Warhorn, Shortbow is “placeholder”. You won’t maintain high bleeding stacks against decent opponent with shortbow as it is now.

in Ranger

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

I know your build and as I said – it’s core is Warhorn, Shortbow is “placeholder”. You won’t maintain high bleeding stacks against decent opponent with shortbow as it is now.

Ok. =]

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Ranger

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

a warrior is much better with LB than ranger.

Whahahaha please tell me what makes your statement true.

in Ranger

nagymbear.5280

Well, warriors have 2 pretty good builds with longbow. What about rangers? Playing longbow ranger is more fun as longbow warrior, but fun is subjective.

in Ranger

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

what a troll…

Ranger LB: its a power weapon with no combo fields, easy to dodge and interrupt, we all know power ranger is not as good as a condi ranger in roaming, the only time I lost against a LB ranger was with my lvl 6 engineer.

Warrior LB: it can work on condi build and a power build, it has combo field + blast + projectiles + immobilize + aoe dmg, warrior is already more tankier and has more hp than ranger, it can cure conditions such as cripple faster and theres more sinergy on traits ( precision and condi damage on the same trait is good for LB ), it has also a better burst.

Do you really think LB ranger is better than LB warrior in roaming ? why ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

I run a Axe/Warhorn Sword/Torch condi crit hybrid with celestial gear to great effect.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQRBHhx+1JQFVWmYhVQsWGIaP4k5PP7hh4ficFGVJjqC-j0CBoiBEbMy00wkHAEIQEBgJqFRjtupIasqaER1qkYGxFRrGA-w

It has loads of conditions, almost 100% fury and swiftness up time in combat if your swapping correctly (as soon as you’re off cooldown). With the 60-70% crit chance and 90% crit damage you’ll be seeing mostly 800-900 damage auto attack. Each crit grants your pet might and plants a bleed.

Try Torch 5(fire field), swap, Wh-5 (blast), wh-4 (17 hits), axe 2 (5 hits), Sic Em, Axe 3(chill). For nice pet burst damage. Also try with RaO.

I bet that build does very nice damage. Lack of speed as a WvW roamer always concerns me though.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Ranger

Forzani.2584

what a troll…

Ranger LB: its a power weapon with no combo fields, easy to dodge and interrupt, we all know power ranger is not as good as a condi ranger in roaming, the only time I lost against a LB ranger was with my lvl 6 engineer.

Warrior LB: it can work on condi build and a power build, it has combo field + blast + projectiles + immobilize + aoe dmg, warrior is already more tankier and has more hp than ranger, it can cure conditions such as cripple faster and theres more sinergy on traits ( precision and condi damage on the same trait is good for LB ), it has also a better burst.

I like my LB Warrior better than my LB Ranger. Come to think of it though if the Warrior could have the Ranger LB that might be the best of both worlds.

Warrior LB does do crazy damage though both 1v1 and vs multiple enemies.

in Ranger

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

what a troll…

A very one sided comparison when you’re looking at the potential damage output…

in Ranger

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

What is a good spvp warrior LB build, I’d like to test this against my ranger build?

Hambow and GS/LB are both viable for warrior atm.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Pretty hard to compare anything to warriors atm. I think its universally understood they are the pinnacle class right now, which will change no doubt.

But Ive never felt threatened by a warrior with a bow. Not when I can knock him back any time I want, disappear into stealth, cripple him (make him use his evades) with barrage, or just dps him down from out of his range. Theres so many ways to put him on the defensive, I dont care much that he can aoe better. Every weapon is supposed to be viable in some way or else it wouldnt be an option.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Ranger

Posted by: Demus.4218

Demus.4218

I bet that build does very nice damage. Lack of speed as a WvW roamer always concerns me though.

You know, I used to run it with SoH instead of Sic ‘Em, but I found that it doesn’t actually make a difference. The thing about running in WvW is that you’re often in combat, so the sword 2, evades and regen are what really keep you alive. Because of all of the swiftness and gap closers out there, SoH’s 25% doesn’t always save you. You can get away from any one person without it, and any group that can catch you would have caught you anyway. Give it a try.

That said, if you want to maximize mobility you can always run sword and great sword.

in Ranger

Forzani.2584

You know, I used to run it with SoH instead of Sic ‘Em, but I found that it doesn’t actually make a difference. The thing about running in WvW is that you’re often in combat, so the sword 2, evades and regen are what really keep you alive. Because of all of the swiftness and gap closers out there, SoH’s 25% doesn’t always save you. You can get away from any one person without it, and any group that can catch you would have caught you anyway. Give it a try.

That said, if you want to maximize mobility you can always run sword and great sword.

I agree if the horde wants to catch you, they will. I think it comes down to a couple of things.

1. If you notice the zerg and use GS to swoop away, most times they will abandon the chase. They know they can eventually catch you but it will take some time. usually not worth it for them. Just like the two guy out in the forest and a bear gets after them. You don’t have to outrun the bear, you just have to outrun the guy your with.

2. Rangers get a little slack at times. If it was a thief, the zerg will chase until they catch him or the thief uses his invisibility and gets away.

in Ranger

Archon.6480

^yes serraphim

@archon we do not say the only good build are without bow, but most of the stronger build are without and dont need any bow

Good point. I agree totally. I alternate to GS and Sword torch. It is stronger than bow builds for sure. I misunderstood “strongest.”

Jade Quarry – Esparie

in Ranger

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

My Sig

All ya need to know about roaming without a Bow

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQRAnf8YnAVkYZlFWBxaZgYVAQtHTy8Y69I9rv9lMqmA-j0BBoODimkO0kHBKTqIasFTFRjVPjIqWvETKgFlGB-w

You can trade Sic’Em for whatever

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

in Ranger

Archon.6480

ROFL, oh OK. Those LB warriors are sooo dangerous!

Jade Quarry – Esparie

in Ranger

Archon.6480

Pretty hard to compare anything to warriors atm. I think its universally understood they are the pinnacle class right now, which will change no doubt.

But Ive never felt threatened by a warrior with a bow. Not when I can knock him back any time I want, disappear into stealth, cripple him (make him use his evades) with barrage, or just dps him down from out of his range. Theres so many ways to put him on the defensive, I dont care much that he can aoe better. Every weapon is supposed to be viable in some way or else it wouldnt be an option.

Yeah, LB Warriors in WvW are defenseless targets.

Jade Quarry – Esparie

in Ranger

Archon.6480

Oh, boy..
To begin with, to make your arrows pierce you have to pick Piercing Arrows trait which is 20 points deep in MM, you have to either lose Eagle Eye (the only advantage roaming ranger has – outraging opponents) or Spotter.
So you dump 20 points and your arrows pierce. Now, who gives a flying kitten about it? It may work only with Mesmers maybe, but good Mesmer should kill any Ranger built around bows.
You pierce… What? You’re a kitten roamer, your goal is mostly 1v1, 1v2, we’re not talking about zergfests. Nobody 9 a clue of brian will ever stand in line when fighting with you just to allow you for imba pierce. And if it comes to damage, every single other class will do more damage than you, piercing with your shortbow. I have yet to meet some group of people, who in active fight stand in line, turned back to you… Seriously, DS Power Necromancer which I play can get piercing by adept trait in mandatory line, which not only allows you to pierce, but also apply 2 stacks of vun each Life Blast hit, lasting long time. And yea, even in balanced build Life Blast crits for 5-7k every 1,5 second and has better piercing radius

You speak about shortbow stacking good bleeds. Now tell me, why does nearly none apart from Spirit Ranger spam build and maybe some controll specs run Shortbow? It has amazingly poor condition application, requiring you to not face your opponent. When you kite someone, he’s facing you so you apply nothing.
If player is fighting with someone else, the no-brainer he has to do when he sees you with your pitiful, little pony bow is to simply face in your direction and continue fighting. Suddenly, your bleed application goes down to nearly zero and he can ignore you.

I gave up and came back to my Necromancer. Now I have a lot of fun with Power specs roaming. Most of things do work, I face meta builds with success, pets obey commands in most of the times I need them, I can kite.
Unless something big happen, I can’t see myself coming back to Ranger. Running with Conditank builds and spamming #1 all day without any proper tactic (because none work better than spamming)… Not for me, lost faith

Wow, you totally won that debate with yourself. Next time read my post before responding. Roaming and solo roaming are different. Since when does the word mob refer to less than 5 people. You should always roam with a friend or two and if you want to solo roam (and nerf your server for being a moron) you should come up with some wired 1v1 build with the OP runes that are not allowed in PvP (like perplexity) then you can steamroll the other morons running around like chickens in WvW…

Jade Quarry – Esparie

in Ranger

Bambula.3649

why would it nerf your server if you solo roam? Oo

Orga for [WUMS]

in Ranger

nagymbear.5280

Wow, you totally won that debate with yourself. Next time read my post before responding. Roaming and solo roaming are different. Since when does the word mob refer to less than 5 people. You should always roam with a friend or two and if you want to solo roam (and nerf your server for being a moron) you should come up with some wired 1v1 build with the OP runes that are not allowed in PvP (like perplexity) then you can steamroll the other morons running around like chickens in WvW…

From what I know mob also refers to mobile target/object. And by solo roaming (if you are yakslappin’, and flipping camps, taking out guads, you DO help your server.

Also if solo roamers are chiken, than zerglings are sheep. You can achieve a ton as a single player.

in Ranger

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

I have found that signet spamming for a big burst on GS skills then switching to 1h sword (or shortbow) to finish the target off is easily some of the most fun you can have in the WvW/PvP side of this game.

You’ll want to zerk it up as much as possible of course. You’ll be playing sort of like a non-stealth thief.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.