Roaming Rangers Nowadays

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Posted by: khaeroup.1924

khaeroup.1924

Hello everyone!

I’ve seen lots of rangers playing longbow+sword\dagger in WvW lately, they have a good resistance, a good condition cleansing and even a good damage (from both condition and direct damage).

So far, from watching them, i understood they play a build like X.X.6.6.X (i’m quite sure, survival of the fittest + emphatic bond), Troll Unguent as healing, muddy terrain, lightning reflex, signet of the wild and entangle (i even some of them with rampage as one). Weapons, as i said before, longbow\sword+dagger

However i haven’t seen this build posted anywhere…any ideas of what build they’re running?

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

XX66X is pretty rarely a LB build. It might be someone’s custom dueling build.

Typical WvW LB builds that aren’t pure glass and aren’t dueling builds would be 6X6XX for empathic bond and toughness or 6XX6X for survival of the fittest and vitality. The 6 in marksmanship is taken almost 100% of the time because you need read the wind for arrows to hit consistently.

XX66X is usually a condi build, and you might be mistaking a shortbow for a longbow.

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

LB without the LB traits is pretty meh. Also LB = power build. There’s no reason to use a LB in a condi build.

The only 2 builds I usually see are:

Never seen a trap ranger but I heard that build works too (check metabattle.com).

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

so its a celestial build? ive seen it work with longbow. if it has everything you say it has it probably is similar to something like this.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAT8YjEq0waLL+rQ1ag+ga9CEAjd7d4HuBWTwAqA-TlCFABB8AAUS5AWKBpU9HAuAAIpkwKlYks/QGaGiTHApAeUaE-w

With this build you can get somewhat decent damage from power (probably hit close to 6k from rapid fire on squishies. Its condi damage comes from the amount of bleed on crits that can be produced. Could very well be using krait runes.

Bad Elementalist

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

khaeroup.1924

I’m sure it’s a longbow :s All the rangers I met with that build had the longbow (stealth, arrow shower)…and I believe it’s really similar to the build blackhat linked..

EDIT: FrownyClown maybe it’s a celestial, but I remember those ranges removing conditions while using lightning reflexes :\

However let’s hope someone with that build will show up and solve the mistery

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

If they’re using a LB and removing condis with LR, then it’s 6XX6X. It’s not focused at all on condi damage though, and if their dagger is causing moderate condi they’re probably mixing in some celestial gear to round their stats out.

Anything else is a custom build that multiple rangers won’t all be running.

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

This build hits almost just as hard as full zerkbow but has way better survivability. Why do people think it’s a condi spec? It’s not always one. I use it as a zerk set up.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQJATRjUq0yaDLesQ1aABhaVA0+FChl1dTcDfNA-TpBFwACuAAIOCA12fYxhAoaZAAPAAA

Can easily swap out signet of stone with renewal and emp bond with bark skin depending on the situation.

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

This build hits almost just as hard as full zerkbow but has way better survivability. Why do people think it’s a condi spec? It’s not always one. I use it as a zerk set up.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQJATRjUq0yaDLesQ1aABhaVA0+FChl1dTcDfNA-TpBFwACuAAIOCA12fYxhAoaZAAPAAA

Can easily swap out signet of stone with renewal and emp bond with bark skin depending on the situation.

Why not take tankier gear and traits that benefit your LB?

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

I seriously wouldn’t put it past a majority of players to run LB on a condi trait setup. Because, LB is a must in WvW (or so they would have you think).

LB just…angers me as a Ranger. Not because it is hard to beat, but the opposite. Now granted I have come across a few good Ranger’s that know how to use it. The rest…the rest all trail someone else and rapid fire you. If you catch them alone they die in just a few seconds.

It’s Anet’s fault for not including swappable skills to begin with. LB must be power and SB must be condi. If you do the opposite you might as well just be afk, as that is how effective you will be.

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

More likely to be 60260. SOTF with 2+ survival utilities and the SE trait is more than enough condi cleansing IMO.

downed state is bad for PVP

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

This build hits almost just as hard as full zerkbow but has way better survivability.

That is actually completely false.

You’re missing 200 power from Marksmanship, 5% damage from Eagle Eye, 10% attack speed from Read the Wind (not to mention, you’ll be missing most of your shots without it), could also swap one of those out for piercing arrows which is a 5-fold increase in damage in zergs, 300 ferocity and 300 precision from Skirmishing, and 20% CD reduction for Longbow, 10% damage from the minor, and you’re missing the greatsword burst combo from Moment of Clarity.

But hey, you do almost the same damage.

With a build like yours, you’re better off running soldier and just trolling.

(edited by Larynx.2453)

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

For LB stuff in wvw, i go 6×6xx, with marksmanship for the LB traits (1500 range and piercing most of the time) and wilderness survival because wvw is a savage place and this is a great trait line to increase your survival chances. Depending on the mood and the pets i’m sporting, i swap between Empathic Bond and Bark Skin. Gear is all celestial with traveller runes because i can’t be bothered carrying a different armour set for each build. Well, almost: i have a dedicated set for stealth trapping, which isn’t that great but happens to be hilarious.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Personally i prefer 6/2/6/0/0 or 6/0/2/6/0 when playing power lb build, but i know x/x/6/6/x builds work very well too with lb, especially vs condibuilds and in outnumbered fights. The survability is great even with full zerk gear and the damage is still decent.
6/6/x builds are usually only good for ganking and killing noobs (and because there are lots of noobs in wvw it can work well too).

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Lettuce.2945

This build hits almost just as hard as full zerkbow but has way better survivability.

You’re missing 200 power from Marksmanship, 5% damage from Eagle Eye, 10% attack speed from Read the Wind (not to mention, you’ll be missing most of your shots without it), could also swap one of those out for piercing arrows which is a 5-fold increase in damage in zergs, 300 ferocity and 300 precision from Skirmishing, and 20% CD reduction for Longbow, 10% damage from the minor, and you’re missing the greatsword burst combo from Moment of Clarity.

Care to duel then? I’ll show you just how good it is. I’ve been dueling high tier pvpers with it. So…Maybe l2p for you? And 200 power from marksmanship? Maybe you should re read the traits.

Here’s some visual aid (comparison)

Your stats:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQJATRjUq0yaDLesQ1aABBYdgWYDA-TpBFwACuAAIOCA12fYxhAoaZAAPAAA

Mine:

Let’s compare benefits of both. Hm, I think mine’s better.

(edited by Lettuce.2945)

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Lettuce.2945

Why not take tankier gear and traits that benefit your LB?

It’s an spvp build. Can’t tell from the set up? And I do have a wvw build that I use but I’m not sharing it for several reasons, one being that it’s a guild build (roaming).

(edited by Lettuce.2945)

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

You’re awfully defensive lettuce…

I’d still like to know why none of your traits benefit your weapon. Your arrows are strafable, your skills recharge longer, you have no bonus damage, etc. I wonder if you’d be better off going damage with your traits and taking something like valks, cavs, soldiers etc.

LB rangers when well played are already extremely durable assuming they aren’t meant to stand on point. I’m not really seeing what you’re gaining here?

It looks like a dueling build where you outlast the other guy, not so much a PvP build.

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Lettuce.2945

You’re awfully defensive lettuce…

I’d still like to know why none of your traits benefit your weapon. Your arrows are strafable, your skills recharge longer, you have no bonus damage, etc. I wonder if you’d be better off going damage with your traits and taking something like valks, cavs, soldiers etc.

LB rangers when well played are already extremely durable assuming they aren’t meant to stand on point. I’m not really seeing what you’re gaining here?

It looks like a dueling build where you outlast the other guy, not so much a PvP build.

Honestly, just try it out and you’ll see the benefits almost immediately. And why are you constantly referring to wvw stuff? I’m talking about pvp atm. My links are spvp…I just said I’m not sharing my wvw build for several reasons and you are constantly commenting on my “wvw” build when it’s a spvp one. Can’t you see the set up?

Ranger as a zerk is already strong in itself. The traits are meant to be defensive in order to enhance its survivability to condis and other zerks as well. You would be amazed at how useful bark skin and emp bond can be when you swap between the two depending on the situation. Once you try it out, you’ll see the benefits. I strongly advise it.

Dodging removes poison and blind. Survival of the fittest removes 2 condis on use and gives fury as well which has a higher crit rate than a full zerk bow since you can perma fury with rune of the pack. Bark skin allows for more dmg reduction vs zerk classes when you drop below % hp. It makes a difference. When traiting into vitality, and then taking the strength of stone trait, it allows for you to close the gap with the 200 power difference in a full zerkbow build. Whenever you get stunned or such, you get stealthed which is super useful for kiting around and regaining your composure on top of the already short cool down from longbow 3. Having a lower cool down on longbow skills doesn’t really matter if you play ranger correctly…You are supposed to swap weapons regularly if you want to survive. Sharpening edge auto is just an automatic cleanse for you at times and the bleed does stack nicely with entangle despite being zerk.

Make sense?

(edited by Lettuce.2945)

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

Lettuce, I’m assuming you’d use something like this in WvW:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAT8YjEq0yaHLOsQ1aAChaVA0OGK2j1dSMDbdBraA-TlCEABaq+TK6GC/BAQwFAoJlfOcEAyZ/BAOIADYCqBlgBAQAYoDdo38mJFgdDjA-w

This build works and can be pretty strong when played correctly. I’ve seen it being used well before, but, like most people, I like my RtW. =]

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Lettuce.2945

Lettuce, I’m assuming you’d use something like this in WvW:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAT8YjEq0yaHLOsQ1aAChaVA0OGK2j1dSMDbdBraA-TlCEABaq+TK6GC/BAQwFAoJlfOcEAyZ/BAOIADYCqBlgBAQAYoDdo38mJFgdDjA-w

This build works and can be pretty strong when played correctly. I’ve seen it being used well before, but, like most people, I like my RtW. =]

It’s a cool build but not even close. My stats are significantly higher than most. Just 100 less armor though. And I use lb/gs.

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I’m not referring to WvW stuff? Where did you get that?

Anywho, I have lots of experience using XX66X with berserker, but I use the traits to augment my weapons. You’d be just a durable using a valks amulet using 60260 or some other mix of offense and defense, and do a lot more damage. Clearly you aren’t interested in that type of gameplay and that’s fine. Whatever works for you.

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

You can always run something like my hybrid trapping huntard build with LB and hybrid condi/power with trapper runes.

But it doesn’t have much condi removal, though.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Lettuce.2945

I’m not referring to WvW stuff? Where did you get that?

Anywho, I have lots of experience using XX66X with berserker, but I use the traits to augment my weapons. You’d be just a durable using a valks amulet using 60260 or some other mix of offense and defense, and do a lot more damage. Clearly you aren’t interested in that type of gameplay and that’s fine. Whatever works for you.

It’s about clears and such. The build was made in the sense of being in an outnumbered fight. You could be super DPS but if you don’t trait for clears and such…It’s hard to stay alive when you are focused. We both know how much people hate rangers. Amirite?

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Posted by: Samis.1750

Samis.1750

Per Lettuce.2945:

It’s an spvp build. Can’t tell from the set up? And I do have a wvw build that I use but I’m not sharing it for several reasons, one being that it’s a guild build (roaming).
….

Well, since the original poster title is “Ranger Roaming Nowadays” and since he specifically mentions WvW in his post, I would ask “Can’t read the post?”. Then you add your unwillingness to share your WvW build … lol.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Samis.1750)

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Lettuce.2945

Per Lettuce.2945:

….

Well, since the original poster title is “Ranger Roaming Nowadays” and since he specifically mentions WvW in his post, I would ask “Can’t read the post?”. Then you add your unwillingness to share your WvW build … lol.

This would be the part where I say read the entire OP…he’s asking what kind of builds do they generally run. I gave the traits. The gears are very optional. It’s your own personal preference how zerky or tanky you want to go.

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Posted by: borya.2964

borya.2964

You are confusing solo roaming/small scale roaming (where you have to expect 1 vs x and hard fights while being first target almost every time) and a zerg fight (confortably seated in the backline).

But hey, …

Coffin Rehearsal X – Bunker Roaming Ranger
Tchuu Tchuu Im A Train [TCHU] – Gandara
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChUmRHtHLgPckvtrPImxK3A

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

It’s about clears and such. The build was made in the sense of being in an outnumbered fight. You could be super DPS but if you don’t trait for clears and such…It’s hard to stay alive when you are focused. We both know how much people hate rangers. Amirite?

Sure I get what you’re doing. You have to ask yourself if a half bunker ranger with low spike potential and no AoE is a better slot than a celestial ele or something though, which has both more damage and more sustain.

Glass LBs are popular because they out spike most other builds currently being run, and condi rangers are significantly tankier than your build.

I think you’d be better off taking a celestial amulet and using axe/dagger on swap or something like that, using the LB just for opportunity support like if you were holding home on foefire and moved to support mid from the cliff. Although the arrows wouldn’t land consistently from that distance without RtW.

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Lettuce.2945

Sure I get what you’re doing. You have to ask yourself if a half bunker ranger with low spike potential and no AoE is a better slot than a celestial ele or something though, which has both more damage and more sustain.

Glass LBs are popular because they out spike most other builds currently being run, and condi rangers are significantly tankier than your build.

I think you’d be better off taking a celestial amulet and using axe/dagger on swap or something like that, using the LB just for opportunity support like if you were holding home on foefire and moved to support mid from the cliff. Although the arrows wouldn’t land consistently from that distance without RtW.

Like I said, I’m more than glad to demonstrate how good the build is. You can use your glass ranger or condi ranger against it. The spike is nearly the same as a glass ranger. I don’t know why you are too stubborn to even try it out in real pvp. Everyone’s said the same thing to me, then tried it and ends up using it themselves for tpvp.

(edited by Lettuce.2945)

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Like I said, I’m more than glad to demonstrate how good the build is. You can use your glass ranger or condi ranger against it. The spike is nearly the same as a glass ranger. I don’t know why you are too stubborn to even try it out in real pvp. Everyone’s said the same thing to me, then tried it and ends up using it themselves for tpvp.

read it all and yes i have already tried this Version then moved on its good it does a great amount of damage though i’d like more swiftness but that is not a problem when you have friendly warroirs with a warhorn nearby.

i can say it does the job and is useful you may as well fight it not for winning rights ect but for the experience of knowing what it can do in a Real situation reading about somthing and using it are two different things.

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I’m not talking about dueling, I’m talking about PvP. I guess to simplify this question, what are you bringing that an ele doesn’t do significantly better?

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Lettuce.2945

I’m not talking about dueling, I’m talking about PvP. I guess to simplify this question, what are you bringing that an ele doesn’t do significantly better?

What are you bringing to the table being a full glass ranger other than being downstate food? No, seriously, try it out. I already said it twice now. I’ll say it one more time. I have a friend who has over 3k hours on ranger. He tried my build and is now using it in tpvp and called it his favorite build for zerker. So…Try it before you knock it. If you have questions, play it and see it answered. You are welcome for the build though. Now stop arguing with me and try it.

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

6k from rf is not too much. With zerk you deal 10-12k if not dodged. Luckily we dont need to trait for signets but you need to put 6 on marksman because without that traits lb is just meh

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

khaeroup.1924

Ok guys, i managed to ask the build to one of those ranger, his build (not sure other rangers use the same one) is full zerk + traits 0.5.3.6.0 …°-°"

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Posted by: Snoozey.2790

Snoozey.2790

Hey guys,

New to ranger. I have played Guardian 100% map completion at launch and switched to d/d ele. I main the ele and do solo roaming/duo roaming.

Just starting back up and using a ranger this time. Currently just doing SPvP to get a feel for the class. I really would like to use longbow/sword+Horn. I was wondering if you can solo/duo roam with those weapons. I was leaning towards a trapper set up?

How well does that set up work? Would I be using Rabid? I have ascended Rabid box to use. Also any help with a generic build would be great!

Thanks!

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Posted by: Tuomas.6284

Tuomas.6284

@ Khaeroup

I use 6/4/4 with lb/sword+dagger when roaming on a power build. Mostly knights armor and zerker trinkets with a few slots changed around to round out my stats for personal preference. Sigil of blood+omnom for some extra sustain and I much prefer mostly knights armor over zerker gear against competent roamers and 1vsx fights. Sword for kiting and dagger for the cripple, evade and poison. Thats just the setup I feel the most well rounded with when solo roaming but different strokes etc… I think you can’t go very wrong just equipping knights gear and zerker trinkets and adjusting from there with what you feel you are lacking.

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

What are you bringing to the table being a full glass ranger other than being downstate food?

He is bringing PEW PEW PEW. Otherwise known as instant death regardless of class. This does, of course, have requirements and restrictions so use at your own risk. If I am playing un-ranked and solo it does require smart play but even then I don’t find myself being downstate more than anyone else.

On the other hand if I’m paired up with a guild member/friend it is another story all together because the combo of CC + RF + Rampage as One = instagib.

Any full zerker class in s/tPvP or WvW has high risk vs. reward. Some players are better at it, while others are not. Having no dog in this fight I’m solely commenting on what a zerker brings compared to the other build and say it isn’t just a downstate player. That is just a bit of a wider blanket statement. They are attempting to bring in a higher DPS or Burst to take the enemy out as quick as possible.

To comment on the thread, I try builds all the time from this forum. My comfort level though is trying to keep PvP and WvW builds similar so I don’t have to think so much between meta’s. Isn’t getting old a b!tch

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I don’t actually run LB at all in PvP, nor was I trying to bash lettuce (despite what he seems to think!) I just think it’s really important to look at a build honestly enough to judge whether your spot is better filled by someone running a more conventional build or even a different profession. Usually the meta builds are the meta for a very good reason.

I have no doubt I could 1v1 someone while running lettuce’s build, but I still wouldn’t run it on a team slot.

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

Just roam over to a tower and wait for a necro, ele thief to roll by and press the rapid fire button. (Be 100% crit, power and crit multiplier specced.) If they survive run out and do the rooty elite skill and pew pew them a couple more times.

Ranger = Cheezor

I actually quit playing power ranger as it was literally an I win button that was reset every 8 seconds. Now my ranger is a trapper…and actually pure cheese as well…stand in 3 traps, let a thief attack me drop them again and watch him die. I’ve done this many times…Never even touched my weapon skills. Complete passive kills are the best!

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Lettuce.2945

I don’t actually run LB at all in PvP, nor was I trying to bash lettuce (despite what he seems to think!) I just think it’s really important to look at a build honestly enough to judge whether your spot is better filled by someone running a more conventional build or even a different profession. Usually the meta builds are the meta for a very good reason.

I have no doubt I could 1v1 someone while running lettuce’s build, but I still wouldn’t run it on a team slot.

Try it.

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

Try it.

Lettuce – let it go. Outside looking in he isn’t really picking an argument with you. Just debating based on his play and understanding. At the end of the day agree to disagree. No harm, no foul.

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Lettuce.2945

Try it.

Lettuce – let it go. Outside looking in he isn’t really picking an argument with you. Just debating based on his play and understanding. At the end of the day agree to disagree. No harm, no foul.

Players that aren’t willing to try things out will never improve. So his loss. I did say it first here. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a meta shift to that soon.

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Players that aren’t willing to try things out will never improve. So his loss. I did say it first here. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a meta shift to that soon.

The old LB meta was 60260, which is the same concept of what you’re running (sturdier LB.) It went away because full glass became so viable, and people got better at playing it. I’ve been roaming with the LB in WvW since the beginning, so I have a pretty good idea of how to survive while playing glassy builds.

I’ve run berserker XX66X for hundreds of hours roaming in WvW, so I know exactly the capability of your build. I’m not missing out on not using this in PvP because I know what it does and don’t feel it fits in to a team comp. I could alter it in any of half a dozen ways to make it fit my criteria and preserve what you’re trying to accomplish with making a sturdier build.

It just doesn’t make sense to me to get 100% of your damage from an amulet rather than percentage damage boosts, shorter skill recharges, instant-hit arrows, things like that. Even your melee swap is being neglected trait-wise.

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Well all this ranger setups are not wrong, but aren’t efficient either.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAT8YjEq0yaDLGsw1ag9gadAUAnd7h4G2BWDcBraA-T1BFABC8QAQa/R5RSKxW4IAAwFAoQ1fuSJYAgDAnf+5nf+5RKA9UGB-w

Dude just go with 6 2 6 0 0 build and make sure you get yourself
~ reflex
~ signet of stone…
~ 3rd utility is optional HUNT/RENEWAL/MUD
~ ELITE RAO ( dont bother taking Entangle, every person that is not kittened will simply dodge or stealth to avoid it)..

Let me explain why mud terrain is ok, but not so awesome as every one advertise it as viable, every skill that ranger has is basically CASTING from 3/4 and up to 2 seconds. It’s so easy to break rangers combination. so i always avoid mud terrain, i rather have 25% speed and 150% extra damage on your pet, it’s is just insane, who ever will get close to you, will either get feared or stomped hard. 3rd utility is always nice to have rune as Hunt Or Renewal.
If you decide to take Renewal for condi removal, you can change wilderness XI rune for XII to get 50% reduced damage when under 25% HP.

And almost always use Troll Unguent. when you drop below 80-85%. I almost don’t use heal as one, because i benefit more from TU then Heal as One, because when you take 50% HP damage to heal up again it’s mostly to late already.

Key of this build is s/d, you’ll be very very squishy with this build, but on the other hand u’ll be extremely pain in the kitten because you can dodge and kite every incoming damage if you can time it correctly.

Enjoy and feel free to kick some butts

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

(edited by Firelysm.4967)

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAT8YjEq0yaDLGsw1ag9gadAUAnd7h4G2BWDcBraA-T1BFABC8QAQa/R5RSKxW4IAAwFAoQ1fuSJYAgDAnf+5nf+5RKA9UGB-w

~ reflex
~ signet of stone…
~ ELITE RAO ( dont bother taking Entangle, every person that is not kittened will simply dodge or stealth to avoid it)..

Let me explain why mud terrain is ok, but not so awesome as every one advertise it as viable, every skill that ranger has is basically CASTING from 3/4 and up to 2 seconds. It’s so easy to break rangers combination. so i always avoid mud terrain, i rather have 25% speed and 150% extra damage on your pet, it’s is just insane, who ever will get close to you, will either get feared or stomped hard. 3rd utility is always nice to have rune as Hunt Or Renewal.
If you decide to take Renewal for condi removal, you can change wilderness XI rune for XII to get 50% reduced damage when under 25% HP.

And almost always use Troll Unguent. when you drop below 80-85%. I almost don’t use heal as one, because i benefit more from TU then Heal as One, because when you take 50% HP damage to heal up again it’s mostly to late already.

Key of this build is s/d, you’ll be very very squishy with this build, but on the other hand u’ll be extremely pain in the kitten because you can dodge and kite every incoming damage if you can time it correctly.

You have like 40% crit chance… Would be better to mix soldier/berseker armor set to avoid been so glass?? The 201% ferocity will not do much in this cases…

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

~ reflex
~ signet of stone…

I edited the stats:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAT8YjEq0yaDLGsw1ag9gadAUAnd7h4G2BWDcBraA-TlCEABPpUIOdDEcBASU9ntUCy0+jyEDeCANpkAgDCQWKhCAgAczbmNbzghO0hO0hO0G6QH6QH6QLFQFLjA-w

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Why are people taking Entangle over RAO? Thieves are immune to entangle due to ports as well as eles, mesmers have staff to port out of it too on a low cd.

Without RAO’s stability, you get CC’d to death by hammer+axe/mace warriors. I guess entangle is nice against engineers and necromancers or groups of people. But for duels I see entangle as a weaker option against several classes.

I’m also curious on what pets are people using. Are we using spider+dogs for CC?

Just roam over to a tower and wait for a necro, ele thief to roll by and press the rapid fire button. (Be 100% crit, power and crit multiplier specced.) If they survive run out and do the rooty elite skill and pew pew them a couple more times.

Ranger = Cheezor

I actually quit playing power ranger as it was literally an I win button that was reset every 8 seconds. Now my ranger is a trapper…and actually pure cheese as well…stand in 3 traps, let a thief attack me drop them again and watch him die. I’ve done this many times…Never even touched my weapon skills. Complete passive kills are the best!

How are you dropping thieves who actually bother to save their dodges for your rapid fire channel or who run perma evade sword builds or pistol whip specs with high uptimes of invulnerability?

or D/P thieves who actually daze your rapid fire channel?

(edited by Zenith.7301)

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

I use wolf/spider.

I also use entangle – but that is on my trapper/condi. I use RAO with zerk / pew pew pew build.

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Why are people taking Entangle over RAO? Thieves are immune to entangle due to ports as well as eles, mesmers have staff to port out of it too on a low cd.

They are most definitely not immune, they have to use skills to get out. Either they use the teles to get out and can’t use them in another emergency, or you’ve already forced another emergency and now they can’t get out of entangle. That’s one of the main reasons I almost always use MT, drakehound and wolf, regardless of what build I’m running.

You can’t just spam entangle and expect it to land on anyone. They’ll just dodge it if nothing else.

Roaming Rangers Nowadays

in Ranger

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

~ reflex
~ signet of stone…

You have like 40% crit chance… Would be better to mix soldier/berseker armor set to avoid been so glass?? The 201% ferocity will not do much in this cases…

I play high risk high reward, no point playing something what doesnt bust my adrenaline Having that in mind gives me extra motivation for no failure and you know by your own, that if you forgive yourself 3 hits u are gone, same with you, 200 extra armor for 200 less power wouldn’t change a thing.

Ranger is not made to take hits unless you want to play it that way, but then again i wouldn’t go for what i’m running, learn to play flawless brain AFK is not the way to go, that’s why rangers are hated

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

(edited by Firelysm.4967)