Roaming Regen Druid (Build)

in Ranger

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Hey guys!

I’ve been gone for about a year, I used to put up Roaming Ranger vids pretty frequently, before I took them down to render them in better quality, and they had over 30k views. My original build was somewhat the first of its kind, along with Faux, the RRR build (Roaming Regen Ranger) back before it was popularized, or so I believe. I recently came back to test out the new Druid spec. I must say, I love it! Let’s face it, core ranger was pretty Garbo. Druid added some amazing utility to the line and increased survivability and group capability, although I have been a solo roamer since beta, but, druid adds a very nice aspect to the solo roaming scene. Feel free to see some old videos in sig below.

A lot of Druid builds I’ve seen have focused on Zerk and heavy dps focused, so get in and get out, this is for those that love to be in the heat of battle, and enjoy whittling your opponent(s) via attrition based combat. I prefer this over one trick ponies that are glass cannons. I will be making a video of this build within the coming week. This build focuses on the constant uptime and healing power for REGEN.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNEQRAsf3YnEqA1CitsAWsCUtglCBDerWWXrPdhcXAoJeNsOBD4A-T1RHABKp8LR1f0Y/B30PEwTAAgTCgcKB7GcAMABIABAO8wDP8wDbABEQABEgUAQM2C-w

Roaming Regen Druid

Pros of build:
>Tons of regen
> 3 stun breaks
> MOAR HEALING
> High toughness
> Tons of healing power
> Decent condi dmg

Weapons: Axe/Dagger & Sword/Torch. A lot of people dislike this weapon combo, but I love it, it’s extremely fluid and offers a multitude of benefits.

Pros:
> 2 evades, one on each weapon set
> Offers chilled, crippling, might, AoE weakness (with trait), poison, bleeding, and burning, and plenty of combo fields and projectile finishes. So a lot of condis and utility.

Cons:
> Not as mobile as GS
> Lacks blocks
> Lacks HUGE hits
> Lacks KD unless using specific pet
> Lacks stuns

Trait lines:

Beast mastery: I chose this line for a few reasons.
> Shouts apply REGEN (which again is the main focus of this build)
> Faster pet swapping & increased pet damage
> Weakness on use of F2 abilities
> Honed Axes: Gain Ferocity while wielding an axe in your main hand. Winter’s bite is now an AoE skill. Axe skills recharge faster. Chill is so amazing, this is a no-brainer, especially vs. multiples.

Wilderness Survival:
> Oakheart salve, too good. Gain regen when you suffer from poison, burning, and bleeding. 5% damage reduction while you have REGEN up, which is all the time, I’ll take it!
> Protection on dodge roll
> Ambidexterity: Gain condition damage while wielding a torch or dagger. Torch and Dagger skills recharge faster. +150 condition damage and -20% reduction on both torch and dagger skills
> Bark skin: more damage reduction, coupled with regen and protection this is nice for avoiding initial bursts.
> Empathetic bond: Less conditions on you, pretty self-explanatory.

Druid:
> Druidic clarity: Removes 13 conditions from you when entering Celestial being form, pretty OP and amazing for those times when you get Condi bombed.
> Natural Stride: the run speed is really nice, and as long as you don’t have cripple, immob, chilled on you, it still works. I don’t really like too much swiftness sin builds, due to Necros turning it into cripple, but whatever.
> Ancient Seeds. Using Glyph of equality not only adds a clutch daze, but when you attack them you can stack even more bleeding and immobilize on them.

Skills:
Troll Unguent: More regen!

Protect Me: Shouts for regen and swiftness, more regen! Breaks stun

Lightning Reflexes: Breaks stun, cures Immob, makes sure Natural Stride maintains speed effect, Vigor more more dodges, more dodges = more protection.

Glyph of Equality: Dazes people, clutch, attack during daze to stack more bleeding and immobilize from Ancient Seeds. Breaks Stun

Entangle: Great Elite for multiples, more bleeding, more immobilize.

Apothecary Armor & Accessories: Tons of healing, toughness, and condition damage. I prefer this over Dire or Settler etc. because of the healing power which turns your Druid healing and regens into a healing powerhouse.

6/6 Dwayna Runes: More Healing, more Regen, Regen duration +20%, Regen when struck, regen when using a heal. MOAR REGEN.

Weapons: Dire: Just for more Condition damage. You can always go dire armor or accessories as well, but you will miss out on healing power.

Weapon Sigils: I take Doom & Geomancy. I am always close to my enemy, so the Geomancy inflicts some nice stacks of bleeds along with Axe 2. Doom is just amazing, constant poison on your foes. This is why I did not take Refined Toxins trait in Wilderness Survival line. I’m all about pressure and this offers that, constant poison and chill on your foes can turn a fight real quick.

Pets: I prefer spiders for immob & more poison, or birds for the Chill. You can stack a lot of chill with this build.

Thanks all for taking the time to read this. The build is in the link below, feel free to leave feedback! My older videos of core ranger with a similar build are in my sig =)

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

(edited by Furajir.3815)

in Ranger

Posted by: Zoia.3678

Zoia.3678

I haven’t really tried druid much myself, even though I have two lv 80 rangers, so can’t comment much on that. I was thinking if maybe it would be better with We Heal as One instead of Troll Unguent?
According to the build, WHaO will heal for 7856 every 16 sec, while TU will heal you for 10100 every 25 sec. That’s potentially 491 hp/s vs 404.
You should still get plenty of regen, if not more, and I’m wondering if maybe you could switch out Dwayna runes for Rune of the Water. I know it’s not the most popular rune, but I’m actually running it myself on my pew pew boon duration ranger and love it.
Even though it would mean 10% less duration on regen, I think you’ll still have more or less perma regen. Instead you’ll get 20% on all other boons.

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

Wonderful suggestion on the Heal as One, didn’t even realize it was a shout. More boon duration might also be nice, I will deff give it a try! Not to mention a much lower RUT on it vs. Troll Unguent. How much is the heal for the 6/6 Water Runes? Thank you.

RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

(edited by Furajir.3815)

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

because you have two shouts with Heal as one plus protect me gives enough Aoe regen for everyone .

rune of water is a good choice if you didn’t have Druid speced that CA form with 0 healing power , still heals for a lot but it takes up nearly the whole asteral bar with your High healing power you could easly Heal many more people using the AA in the Celestial form so I suggest Runes of the Monk to increase the outgoing healing by 10% .

in addition to the druids Mender Ability , Heal as one plus Cultivated Synergy (heal allies when you us a heal skill ) that Bumps it up to 5 people meaning a additonal 10% ontop of the runes , so after the first heal as one all outgoing healing is increased by 10% per tick or skill ect and that quickly overpowers / heals for more than runes of Water.

with the amount of healing and Energy gained from those heals and the condi Bursts from bonfire ect you’ll have more than enough Energy to entre CA form every time its off cooldown which provides you with a burst of Healing+ condi removal using seeds of life which heals more allies increasing the mender stacks even more you’ll be averaging 6-8 mender stacks with the heal as one cooldown+ CA.

also don’t forget the Seeds of life is a Light field so projeciles remove condis and grants Retailiation/ light aura if you leap(which means the more you tank the more you pump out Vun and gain more Retailiation to support Outgoing damage too , look at Pets with Projecile Finisher AA’s like the Devours then or swap to a pet with a Quick Leap finisher,
Devours which have 2x shot autos each a 20% chance to projecile finish so using that pet can help support with condi removals.

your build will look like this
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNEQRAsf3YnUqA1CitsAWsCUtglCBDerWWXrNxrh1J4pLk7CAD4A-T1RHABAcSAC4JAE0+DypEMR1fcT/gSK/CAgAsb6mupbgf+zf+zf+z2tu1tu1tuJFAEjtA-w

your heal from Cultivated Synergy should heal for more than 6 on water runes after building up mending stacks.

heres the Water rune 6th formula (The bonus 6 heals for 690 + 0.5 * Healing Power at level 80 and has a radius of 600) the difference though is its 600radius rather than Cultivateds 300yards.

you could use both Cultivated + runes of water for a AoE double Heal 1.3k+1.3k+7.35k from heal as one, first regen tick heals for around 308ish since its 11seconds totals 10.2k every 16seconds going by your healing power.

swapping lighting reflexes for Guard might play out can’t pass up a 50% damage reduction and might which you can copy from the pet, with all those regen ticks going out and the Cultivated synergy both of these plus protection on dodge Makes Heal as one Worth way more and sustains longer between cooldowns.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Take a look at the Superior Runes of Durability. Especially since you have a few shouts.

I considered that armor along with minstrels but ended up going the route of celestial ascended and fine tune with food, sigils, and accessories. I found the sweet spot to be running toughness, healing power, and power accessories. I’m around 800+ healing power, 23k life, and 3200 toughness. The name of my game is to just chill and let my pets do all the work If I’m with a group of people, then I just swap to support and keep them alive.

NM – 2, 1, 2 (Instinctive Reaction, Evasive Purity, Protective Ward)
Beastmastery – 3, 2, 2 (Resounding Timbre, Natural Healing, Zephy’s Speed)
Druid – 1, 2, 2 (Druidic Clarity, Seed of Life, Lingering Light)

If you haven’t check out some of the other sigils HoT offers. There are many that help tune builds. Oh, for me it is staff/LB. That way I’m always ready with CaF if needed. Staff just seems to generate it faster…

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

snip…
…snip

That build actually works very well in roaming WvW. There is food that cleanse a condition when cast a heal so you can make it up for the lack of burst cleanse.
Other choice is to use Wilderness survival instead NM so you can use the survival skills to burst cleanse and also to add more attack thus the druid/ranger is really lacking unless you go for full glass.

Personally i don’t like sword because of the lack of control, not just the lock you in place AA but also because the unreliable leaps that can move you pass your target down a cliff or zerg’s bomb. If Anet someday decide to fix it i would consider the weapon again. Axe mainhand is really lacking also, but is good for people in walls or some zergs. Unfortunately because of the lack of speed is not a weapon you can use to kill 1v1 (in my experience up until this date).

The staff with 2700 power does around 1K damage. Not really much. But again is our only weapon we can use for reliable mobility.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

snip…
…snip

That build actually works very well in roaming WvW. There is food that cleanse a condition when cast a heal so you can make it up for the lack of burst cleanse.
Other choice is to use Wilderness survival instead NM so you can use the survival skills to burst cleanse and also to add more attack thus the druid/ranger is really lacking unless you go for full glass.

Yeah, I love the build. I can’t take credit for it though. I borrowed it from a post in our forum somewhere, then tried my best to make it work with Celestial armor and long bow. It is really fun though and can manage most fights.

Mind if I ask what food? I’ve been using healing regen (mango pie I believe) when I remember. I’m dead in the water with regards to other buff we can use (stones, oils, crystals). And my sigil choices could be better. Doing some PvE events in HoT to try a few of those sigils out. I think they look promising.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Posted by: Jarettellis.7813

Jarettellis.7813

Love that you are trying to bring back the RR build. Had so much fun with that build pre-HOT in WvW. So much fun experimenting with that build to perfect it. Since HoT came out i’ve been trying to create druid version of the Capuchin evade ranger mixed with RRR. Had some success with that combo pre HoT. This is what i came up with in inspiration of both your RR build and the evader one.

Sorry about hijacking your thread.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAV8YnEqA9CitCCusActgFGBjJcd0CAwN1paX95JMsaZl480A-T1hHABJp8bn9HSR9nAuIAAcEAiTJ4yPAASBYm0I-w

Vikings with Attitude (Zerk)

in Ranger

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

Holy kitten Furajir! Where have you been?!

This is great to see the RRR builds surfacing again. I remember Faux’s video of an up-leveled player trying their hardest to kill him, all the while Faux just danced. I still have my gear form the old builds; going to go hit up WvW and see how things play out.

Good stuff, thanks again.

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

(edited by Expiatus.4210)

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

Just workin on life brother good to see a familiar name! I need to do some tweaking to the build, so far it’s decent, but the amount of condi cleanses people have now and the power creep is super real.

Im starting to see why most are lb/staff for the cheese.

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

Here is an updated version. Need more feedback guys if you please.

> Swapped Entangle for RaO
> Swapped to Dire armor for more toughness+condi dmg
> Still deciding between Durability runes for more toughness and regen/protection on hit or Water runes for more healing
>Can’t decide on what 3rd skill to use. I’m between glyph of tides, muddy terrain, or another shout like Guard for more dmg reduction.
> Swapped TU for Heal as One

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNEQRAsf3YnUqA1CitsAmsCctglCBrJeNseBPdhoVAAerWWXrFALD-T1RHABypEc89HUS5HAnEAGV/xN9DB8EACAcAsbdrbdDs7u7u7u7WKAIGbB-w

(edited by Furajir.3815)

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

> Still deciding between Durability runes for more toughness and regen/protection on hit or Water runes for more healing
>Can’t decide on what 3rd skill to use. I’m between glyph of tides, muddy terrain, or another shout like Guard for more dmg reduction.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNEQRAsf3YnUqA1CitsAmsCctglCBrJeNseBPdhoVAAerWWXrFALD-T1RHABypEc89HUS5HAnEAGV/xN9DB8EACAcAsbdrbdDs7u7u7u7WKAIGbB-w

looks pretty perfect to me , though added a smokescale(might transferance realy+that opening attack also added a stealth option to the build nothing hits Hard like a Suprise bonfire+CC combo on ancient seeds ) or Wolf .

you could get away with smokescale+wolf due to axe being a Projecile per bounce it’ll have a 60% chance to proc per AA if its always hits 3 targets which is quite a bit of condi removal , plus having a wolf you’ll have a trigger for ancient seeds too.

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

looks pretty perfect to me , though added a smokescale(might transferance realy+that opening attack also added a stealth option to the build nothing hits Hard like a Suprise bonfire+CC combo on ancient seeds ) or Wolf .

you could get away with smokescale+wolf due to axe being a Projecile per bounce it’ll have a 60% chance to proc per AA if its always hits 3 targets which is quite a bit of condi removal , plus having a wolf you’ll have a trigger for ancient seeds too.

Wonderful suggestions on the pets, wasn’t really factoring them right now. Did you have an opinion on runes? I was leaning more towards durability for the added tough+vit, I could have 2k heal power but doesn’t seem to help vs more bursty classes.

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

Still unsure of the swap from Entangle to RaO, it’s really great vs multiples and bombing someone.

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Still unsure of the swap from Entangle to RaO, it’s really great vs multiples and bombing someone.

You’ll gain Tons of energy after your Regen’s+heals Ramp up which will allow 1 luna impact Every 10-15seconds Aoe Daze in a team fight against Casters this is much more Vauled so you’ll need Rampage as one for the Stability mostly as Druids of this build type will get Focused heavy after a few mins of a match , people will want you dead asap before you ramp up your might damage+regen times.

entangle maybe usefull but you have ancient seeds every 10seconds which is a short enough cooldown to lockdown Prime targets, you can then just change the wolf to a Krytan hound for the immobo and Daze lock with Luna impact + Axe AA to prevent Casting , its not as Effective as a Entangle CC but stenght of the pack Provides you with everything you need for Survival to Damage and extra Regen time.

as you put you could take Muddy terrain + krytan hound to regain the Aoe soft CC and still keep the Might ramping which powers Bonfire damage.

give it a few matches or swap out the Elite according the opposing teams comp , if you think they have little Hard CC take Entangle or if they have classes which have a lot use SotP.

for runes i usally go with
Runes of the Trooper : (for Shout condi removals for the team as you are supporting/condi bombing just being around team mates makes them tanky as well if you are running Guard, with natural strider this will make sure you are never slowed down for any longer than a short time)

Runes of Aristocarcy (its just might durations and Condi damage, using this just means you won’t run out of might without Sotp)

runes of leadership (are a strange new rune , its got boon duration which you need , it also has Condi clear on Elite use which can be very strong Using Sotp+that regen bonus it grants regen+swiftness+ 2 other condis converted to boons , 4 boons total or in other terms 4% damage boost for Classes set up for boon % damage, its the hybrid rune it helps pretty much everything for a support/damage build. ( I used this and it did great in 2vs2’s or higher)

Durability is a good option but it still lacks the Required Stability for the amount of pressure you’ll be taking , also the amount of boons you are re-applying you won’t realy need the Resistance i don’t think is worth it , if you can Remove it or sustain with regen then remove with Troopers or Leadership runes.

in your build the rune choice is ether going to be condi bomb/suport(krait/Undead/Aristocarcy/Durability (the resistance it applies will allow team mates to put more pressure on without worrying about condi bombs, but after that first wave no condi clears so take Verdent edtching) or sustain Support offensive second with the condi(trooper/leadership)

ether way Druids a hybrid play style (if you go with the sustain support option i’d swap Natural stride for Verdent Edtching(one light field in a mash up or vs a Condi comb group with Leadership or trooper can clear a lot of Condis.)

in the end its what suits you best.

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

This will be for pure solo wvw roaming

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

mm ok so ether

Krait runes with Verdent etching(you need some condi clear) (condi bomb option)
Trooper (damage/sustain option) enough shouts to deal with reapers chill damage)

or

Aristocracy ( this will scale your Might through the roof every heal as one Increasing Burst damage / dps of both you and pet)

Durability gives you the best of both worlds you could deal with most things thrown at you while roaming , maybe try Celestial shadow instead to help you gap close/ avoid more condi applications since you have perma swiftness and could have a 2xStealth options.

celestial shadow will also let you repostion fast/recover fast + stunbreak clear condis(clarity) the GFTO button , (since you have 2x stealths with this set up you won’t have Verdent etching giving away your postion ether)

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

By perma swiftness, you mean just using shouts to get around?

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

mm ok so ether

Krait runes with Verdent etching(you need some condi clear) (condi bomb option)
Trooper (damage/sustain option) enough shouts to deal with reapers chill damage)

or

Aristocracy ( this will scale your Might through the roof every heal as one Increasing Burst damage / dps of both you and pet)

Durability gives you the best of both worlds you could deal with most things thrown at you while roaming , maybe try Celestial shadow instead to help you gap close/ avoid more condi applications since you have perma swiftness and could have a 2xStealth options.

celestial shadow will also let you repostion fast/recover fast + stunbreak clear condis(clarity) the GFTO button , (since you have 2x stealths with this set up you won’t have Verdent etching giving away your postion ether)

I may try the aristocracy, seems pretty good. With hat I’d be up to almost 1700 condi dmg and could still wear apothecary and boost my healing back up. I’d miss out on the 20% boon dur though.

(edited by Furajir.3815)