Rolling a ranger, what class?

in Ranger

Posted by: Canz.3250

Canz.3250

Straight to the point, wich class do you think ranger really looks/plays good on? Ive tried silvary and norn, the norn seems the most legit lore wise but i dont like being huge, plus some animations dont look so good to me. Silvary seems okay but im not really buying it (dont really know why). so, again, wich class do you think the reanger really looks/plays good on? (no humans pls, already have one) Thanks

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

“RACE” …. which race

Pretty much the only Race that does benefit Ranger in any fashion, is human b/c it’s the only one with real active condition removal that the Ranger was never properly given despite being the 2nd or 3rd best class in the first guildwars at dealing with conditions.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Think you mean Race. And I’d say Charr or Norn.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Ranger

Posted by: Canz.3250

Canz.3250

yes, Race, my bad

in Ranger

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

If you want damage go Norn as a race, their animal spirit benefit power build for rangers, im talking about bear. there was a video here once that show case that, you can maybe find that on youtube.

If you need the condition cleansing that apparently all Rangers whine about we lack, then I guess go for Humans, cause they have prayers that cleanses condition.

Depends on your preference and what you’re looking for. Aesthetic wise, lore, or skills.

I went for Sylvari, because of the nature theme.

Attachments:

Success is my only option, failure is not.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aerathnor.8305

Aerathnor.8305

I like sylvari for the nature theme and because he fits with a fern wolf (fav pet). Only issue is the sheathed running animation looks like you have a stick in an uncomfortable place.

Norn is a solid choice, but I too hate being that big.

in Ranger

Posted by: DiamondMeteor.8345

DiamondMeteor.8345

Charr for Might stacks. Human for Condi-Removal. Sylvari for Immob.

Ranger / Revenant – Crystal Desert

in Ranger

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Yep, as some have said, human. Prayer To Kormir will save your behind a lot. Pets may be slow and rarely a contribution to damage, but I like to keep them alive anyway… Which is why I don’t use the active Signet of Renewal to pull all conditions to my pet. I’d rather not kill it.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: KeyOrion.9506

KeyOrion.9506

If you decide Kudzu as a legendary, probably Sylvari would be the way to go. Still I’m human, because, well, just didn’t see any other reason why not.

When I’m cute, I can be cute. But when I’m mean, I can be very very mean.

in Ranger

Posted by: Syn.8617

Syn.8617

Asura and Charr look awful in most medium armor, but they’ve still got a handful of good ones. The other races have a large selection of excellent armor, pick whatever you want.

Attachments:

in Ranger

Posted by: Sneakier.9460

Sneakier.9460

If you want WvW, consider a azura

Technoblade+Moment of Clarity+Concussive Shot= 6s daze

Lore Wise+ armour wise= Norn

It’s like humans but with a different lore

Will you anwser the call of the wild?

Pic related, norn look very good in medium armour

Attachments: