Round One - Fight! (AFK-soloing champions)

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon Hawk.9406

Daemon Hawk.9406

Let me start of by saying this really just boils down to a stupid stat test, and it’s slow. This is also not an exploit — I’m not really AFK.

That said, I’ve been amusing myself by setting up pet vs. champion fights. The rules are:

• If the champion goes under 1/3 health, the pet wins.
  • If the pet dies, the champion wins, obviously.
  • If I go under half health while not defending myself, the pet forfeits.
  • The pet is allowed my traits and Signet of the Wild, but no other assistance.
  • The champion is allowed adds that it summons, but no others.

Results with the Champ Icebrood Fish:

• Armor Fish: Pet wins.
  • Devourer: Pet wins.
  • Drake: Champ wins, tested twice. This was sad.
  • Bear: Ignored, as expected. I used polar as it has a bit more power.
  • Cat: LOL
  • Shark: Mostly ignored. Repeatedly feared the champ into me. Bloody fish!
  • Jellyfish: Ignored. Somehow I thought it wouldn’t be.

Results with the Champ Ice Drake Broodmother:

• Devourer: Champ wins.
  • Drake: Champ wins, tested twice.
    If it didn’t have ice breath, it probably would be possible. No further testing planned.

Results with the Champion Corrupted Quaggan:

• Devourer: Would have won. Had it under 50% health when another player jumped in. It’s a DE, and jumping in is completely understandable, but further testing had to be postponed.

Results with the Champion Ooze King:

• Devourer: Likely would have won. Had it to 60% health when another ranger jumped in. I pulled back, letting him take it. It completely ignored his bear. The other ranger struggled with it for a while, and then the Champ Risen Giant joined the fray. We both watched the Champs duke it out, but the giant won, of course. Testing with DE champions is hard.

Results with the Champion Risen Megalodon:

• Armor Fish: Instantly obliterated.
  • Devourer: Nearly instantly obliterated.
    No further testing planned.

Like I said, this basically boils down to whether or not the pet can hold aggro (mostly through toughness) and can mitigate enough damage (through toughness) to let passive healing be sufficient to keep it alive. If so, it wins, as none of these champions do any healing. It’s stupid, but I find it funny.

I plan to do more pet vs. champion. Do you want to hear the results? Maybe contribute some of your own? Give me ideas for champions to sacrifice my pets to?

Garik Ravenclaw
Support Beastmaster Ranger
http://garik.fastmail.fm

(edited by Daemon Hawk.9406)

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

I want to hear the results, these are interesting experiments Although I would be spamming F2, it makes the results more relevant.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

also maybe add the trait that transfers boons to pet and the 33% regeneration trait together with healing spring.

in Ranger

Daemon Hawk.9406

I want to hear the results, these are interesting experiments Although I would be spamming F2, it makes the results more relevant.

Sounds like a good idea. F2 might make a difference for the Fern Hound, in particular. I might try some tests with that, especially in marginal cases.

Garik Ravenclaw

in Ranger

Daemon Hawk.9406

also maybe add the trait that transfers boons to pet and the 33% regeneration trait together with healing spring.

I do something like that when I’m actively healing it. My build notes are at http://garik.fastmail.fm/boon_swap.html if you have an interest.

Garik Ravenclaw

in Ranger

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

There is a lot you can do to help your pet from a distance without ever hitting the target yourself, pick several from this list.

1. Heal your pet.
  2. Activate its F2 ability.
  3. Invest in Healing Power.
  4. Invest in Boon Duration.
  5. Buff pet with Beastmastery & Pet Traits.
  6. Buff pet with Signets.
  7. Buff pet with Dodge Rolling (Protection and/or Might).
  8. Buff pet with Weapon Swapping traits and gear.
  9. Buff pet with Warhorn.
  10. Buff pet with Rampage as One.
  11. Buff pet with “when you use Healing skill” gear.
  12. Buff pet with “when you use Elite” gear.
  13. Buff pet with on-taking-damage traits/gear (requires you fighting something close.)
  14. Buff pet with on-critical traits/gear (requires you fighting something close.)
  15. Buff pet with Sword chain (requires you fighting something close.)
  16. Buff pet with environmental weapon such as Plasma.
  17. Buff pet with boons from teammates.
  18. Buff pet with boons from Spirits (requires you fighting something close if spirit is not near pet.)
  19. Buff pet with Healing Spring regeneration.
  20. Buff Pet with Shouts.
  21. Inflict 10s of Weakness on pet’s next attack with Winters Bite (longer with Malicious Training.)
  22. Inflict Bleeding on pet’s next 3 attacks with Crippling Shot.
  23. Increase the damage of your pet’s next attack (Signet, Greatsword, or Trait.)
  24. Grant Swiftness with Hunter’s Shot

I’m currently saving up ecto’s to make a complete set of Giver’s because Healing Power, Boon Duration both help the pet, and Magic Find helps me when the pet kills something… sounds perfect for when the pet is doing all the heavy lifting and my other stats mean absolutely nothing.

Tip: You can use Guard often to grant your pet a very long Protection, just hit F1 and it will immediately return to hitting its target.