Rox's Quiver/Bow skins on the 30th

in Ranger

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Ranger

Posted by: PsionicDingo.2065

PsionicDingo.2065

Holy cats, I may have to replace my toy bag. Even if I’ll still be rocking a sling shot.

My psychic knife. The focused totality of my psychic powers.

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

I’m not sure if I’ll replace my ascended quiver with it… I need to preview first, but I’m afraid it won’t fit my armor :/

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

We can buy an entire armour set for 500 gems, hopefully the weapon skins will be priced similarly to them.

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

I’m sure they will be, if not…I’d still buy it lol

RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Ranger

Posted by: scanz.4536

scanz.4536

Disappointed with this to be honest. A lot of us with ascended quivers have had to put a lot of time, effort and gold into getting one and now anyone can just go buy one with gems. Sigh, nice one ANet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Disappointed with this to be honest. A lot of us with ascended quivers have had to put a lot of time, effort and gold into getting one and now anyone can just go buy one with gems. Sigh, nice one ANet.

I got my ascended literally 1 day before the announcement.

in Ranger

Terkov.4138

Quiver =/= quiver. I still like ascended more and I don’t see reason to don’t give ppl cheaper option.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Could be worse… they could have given them out for free as Living Story rewards (I can’t believe I’m saying that would be worse). Depending on how many gems they cost (or if you need to gamble on chests) they might end up being more expensive than the existing quivers (they certainly look cooler).

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

You realize that the rox quiver is just a skin and ppl with the ascended quiver have a back item with ascended status, so the ones that spent time/gold on their ascended will still have the advantage over the others, I don’t see the problem with that.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

scanz.4536

You realize that the rox quiver is just a skin and ppl with the ascended quiver have a back item with ascended status, so the ones that spent time/gold on their ascended will still have the advantage over the others, I don’t see the problem with that.

Well I would hazard a guess that the majority who have an ascended quiver got one for aesthetic reasons because there’s much cheaper options for back pieces.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

You get these stats for 20% of the effort.

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

What are you guys talking about? It’s just a SKIN, aesthetic only, there aren’t going to be any stats, Anet isn’t gonna put a BP w/ ascended stats in the gemstore for purchase.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

What are you guys talking about? It’s just a SKIN, aesthetic only, there aren’t going to be any stats, Anet isn’t gonna put a BP w/ ascended stats in the gemstore for purchase.

This.

I actually transmuted over my ascended quiver anyway. It’s an awesome quaggan now. Fear.

in Ranger

scanz.4536

You’re missing the point. Not sure why anyone would get an ascended quiver for the stats, they can be obtained for much cheaper via other options. Most will have a quiver for aesthetic reasons and until now the only way to do so was to invest a lot of time and effort into it. However, now you’ll just be able to buy one off the gem store.

in Ranger

Terkov.4138

But why would it be the only quiver? It’s still unique skin and if someone wants it, he has to make it. Rox’s one is just another back item, and the fact it is a bag with arrows doesn’t make my asc quiver any less pretty for me.

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

You’re missing the point. Not sure why anyone would get an ascended quiver for the stats, they can be obtained for much cheaper via other options. Most will have a quiver for aesthetic reasons and until now the only way to do so was to invest a lot of time and effort into it. However, now you’ll just be able to buy one off the gem store.

Why wouldn’t someone get an ascended quiver? It’s cheap and you dont have to spend 500 hours and 3k+ relics to make a shiny backpiece when all you need is some gold and materials to make the quiver. I’m a ranger, I want arros not some shiny orb on my back. It’s aethetic, a skin, it has no stat value. You’re the one missing the point.

in Ranger

Posted by: achensherd.2735

achensherd.2735

I got my ascended quiver for the aethestic and to be able to have more AR. This is just a skin with no inherent stats or ability to increase AR. Big difference. Granted, I have wanted this skin ever since I laid eyes on it, but I’m not going to trade my ascended quiver (including its skin) for it. I guess I better save up for another ascended quiver to transmute this skin onto. :P

in Ranger

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

…so? They’re not taking that away from you are they?

I can’t understand this mentality. It sounds like an 8 year old kid throwing a hissy fit in a playground…

When you made your quiver that was the only thing available. Nobody said they wouldn’t add anything in the future. You had two options: wait and see, or go ahead and make it. You made it. You got what you wanted. Nobody’s taking it away from you. ANet isn’t turning your ascended into a normal skin are they? Are you suggesting that ANet should never add any content ever again, lest people might think “oh that’s nicer looking than what I have! ANet has wronged me!”. It’s not even the same skin.

Get over yourself.

(edited by ProxyDamage.9826)

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

…so? They’re not taking that away from you are they?

I can’t understand this mentality. It sounds like an 8 year old kid throwing a hissy fit in a playground…

When you made your quiver that was the only thing available. Nobody said they wouldn’t add anything in the future. You had to options: wait and see, or go ahead and make it. You made it. You got what you wanted. Nobody’s taking it away from you. ANet isn’t turning your ascended into a normal skin are they? Are you suggesting that ANet should never add any content ever again, lest people might think “oh that’s nicer looking than what I have! ANet has wronged me!”. It’s not even the same skin.

Get over yourself.

This.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jericho.4598

Jericho.4598

Really, are people really complaining over a skin? I obtained an Ascended Quiver a few days after they were available and I cannot wait for Rox’s quiver. It looks way better than the ascended one in my opinion but I am going to keep both.

As far as Rox’s bow goes, it will be available too. I am going to buy both. Now I just want to know if the bow is longbow or shortbow or if you can use the skin for either like Aether looking exactly like Azureflame. I have Aether.

Rangers. We inherit the wild.

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Broken link. Please repost!

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Ranger

Posted by: Silverkung.9127

Silverkung.9127

That quiver skin come for real?Dam I must trans gold for gem again -*-…

in Ranger

Posted by: Pedra.4381

Pedra.4381

I certainly plan on getting one.

JonPeters.5630:]I do still believe ranger is the profession in most need of improvement…

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

Yes, they have announced 4 new weapon skins available on the 30th, Brahm’s mace/shield and Rox’s Quiver/Bow

in Ranger

Posted by: Laurelinde.4395

Laurelinde.4395

Hmm interesting…but a guildie gave me a pink quaggan backpack he got in a Black Lion chest and I would be loath to transmute over her! <3 Coo!

<- dork

/wave @ Terkov

Laurelinde & Cookie/Beorna Bearheart
[TWG] – Gunnar’s Hold
Always remember Wheaton’s Law

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Broken link. Please repost!

Copy paste the link and it will work.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Ranger

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

Personally, I’m glad they added this.

I understand why those with Ascended Quivers might not like this, right now if you see a Quiver you know that it’s an Ascended that someone had to go out and put some effort into getting. With the Skin, now anyone can have that look, I get that.

I’m one of those people that wants the quiver look, but I wasn’t willing to get an Ascended Item just for the look. People talk about how easy the Ascended Quivers are to get, maybe I’m missing something but I found them ridiculously hard to obtain especially just for a look. To get the Ascended I have to either grind forever for 250 T6 Mats or buy them for a ton of gold. Now I can just get the skin and put it over my Exotic Guild Backpack and be done with it.

If I had dropped almost 100G on Mats to make a Quiver I might be a little put off by it, but as said before you’ll still have the stats. I can get the skin, but it’s still going to have Exotic stats so it seems fair to me. The difference in stat from the exotic to the Ascended isn’t worth the time or money to me so I’m happy with the skin.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

in Ranger

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I am happy for any new skins they throw our way, this game is in dire need of them!
Also braham’s mace and shield are bloody amazing. They have my money.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

I hope they put more stuff in the gemstore frankly I don’t understand why they haven’t already it’s mostly bullkitten town clothes, who the hell buys that? stuff you can transmute to real armor will sell 10times better so from their perspective it’s certainly a good idea.

in Ranger

Posted by: Morphic.7045

Morphic.7045

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

Guess you’ll find out tommorow won’t ya pal?

in Ranger

Morphic.7045

Guess you’ll find out tommorow won’t ya pal?

I pray sir. I farmed for the zerker version of the quiver awhile ago and I’m not even slightly bothered by this, Having an easier way of getting a second quiver for my other builds will be a welcome addition if this is even true.

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

No need to pray.

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

Shouldn’t it be made of a mob that you can’t have as pet? I dunno, might get awkward. I recently started using devourers you know…

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Ranger

Morphic.7045

No need to pray.

What makes you so sure?

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

No need to pray.

What makes you so sure?

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/news/1119-flame-frost-retribution-updates-guild-missions-wvw-abilities-new-gem-store-items/

I’d laugh if they’ll troll people with this though, like making the skin usable only on quivers.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sher.6804

Sher.6804

For those who’d like to see what the quiver looks like in game i put together a short video. Also i can tell you that it is possible to put the skin on most if not any back item. I put my quiver over my ascended fractal back. All is good.

Rox’s Quiver Showcase

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

I want to caution a warning for people with female human characters before buying this quiver, I was looking forward greatly to getting this only to find this happens /cry

Attachments:

in Ranger

Pedra.4381

I bought Quiver for my Asura Ranger and applied it to my exotic backpiece. It did not appear however (checked and unchecked appearance toggle several times). Logged out, and back in, still nothing. Tried it naked wearing only the Quiver, nothing. It finally appeared on my character several hours later after dying and respawning in WvW.

It is only visible while looking at the character from the world view, it is still invisible in the Hero panel.

JonPeters.5630:]I do still believe ranger is the profession in most need of improvement…

in Ranger

Aridia.3042

I want to caution a warning for people with female human characters before buying this quiver, I was looking forward greatly to getting this only to find this happens /cry

Yeah it looks kind of funny on my toon also. It’s wearing it way too high so the arrows are sticking above the head. It should be closer to the body and with the daggers/arrows lower.

in Ranger

Aridia.3042

I bought Quiver for my Asura Ranger and applied it to my exotic backpiece. It did not appear however (checked and unchecked appearance toggle several times). Logged out, and back in, still nothing. Tried it naked wearing only the Quiver, nothing. It finally appeared on my character several hours later after dying and respawning in WvW.

It is only visible while looking at the character from the world view, it is still invisible in the Hero panel.

IIRC quivers never showed up on the hero panel ever. So that’s normal.

in Ranger

Pedra.4381

IIRC quivers never showed up on the hero panel ever. So that’s normal.

Thanks, did not know that. I bugged it in game when it originally happend (totally invis) and received an email from ArenaNet saying they were aware of this issue.

in Ranger

Posted by: ampy.1387

ampy.1387

best quiver skin and short bow is cool too.

Music is the Weapon of the Future.

ïryss | Engineer

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

You trade one grind for the other. In the time it takes you to grind 1850 fractal relics and gotten lucky for the rng drop vials you could have farmed the gold doing something much more profitable than fractals (which are one of the most time inefficient earning methods).

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

Yeah it looks kind of funny on my toon also. It’s wearing it way too high so the arrows are sticking above the head. It should be closer to the body and with the daggers/arrows lower.

I agree or rather it’s plain to big if you have a female human don’t know what race you play, also you can see how far out it floats around when idle on my screenshot it even gets worse than that one shows, this happened to the other quiver too but it wasn’t as annoying because it was both smaller and flat.

I go back to my old wish that each bow should come with it’s own quiver (just cosmetic) that way it could be designed to fit on your back together with a bow better and it would go away if no bow is equipped so it’s not blocking a big nice greatsword for example.

in Ranger

Posted by: Soja.5918

Soja.5918

Cry more, really. I’d really like an ascended quiver for myself one day, but its costs in time and resources are akin to a mini-legendary. That is ridiculous for what should be the most basic piece of stowing equipment for a ranger. I just dropped for Rox’s quiver and slapped it on my exotic backpiece, wham bam thank you ma’m.

The Crystal Desert beckons us. Ascension awaits us.

Keirlann Aurion – Ranger – Chieftain of the Ace Guard [AceG]

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

Cry more, really. I’d really like an ascended quiver for myself one day, but its costs in time and resources are akin to a mini-legendary. That is ridiculous for what should be the most basic piece of stowing equipment for a ranger. I just dropped for Rox’s quiver and slapped it on my exotic backpiece, wham bam thank you ma’m.

Are you talking to me? because well I actually payed 20g lose the ascended quiver I worked so hard to get for one that is floating about midair, very very stupid indeed and now you deny me my tears aswell!

Attachments:

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Rox quiver looks good on my character . I am quite happy

Attachments:

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

Rox quiver looks good on my character . I am quite happy

Doesn’t look as bad there the problem is it doesn’t stay that way it flies out very very far from your body when she moves in idle and it looks terrible, big armor makes it somewhat better if you like that, I don’t however and your shoulders are equally oversized and poorly fitting along with many other pieces for human females in my opinion boots and gloves especially from that same set.

Each to their own and I just didn’t want anyone to get it without knowing and get terribly disapointed like me.