Rubber Banding|Ranger short bow '3' skill

in Ranger

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

Does anyone else have serious ‘rubber banding’ when using the short bow ‘3’ skill?

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

That is intended functionality. Is shoots you away from your target a small amount.

Ranger | Elementalist

in Ranger

Posted by: hunterkiller.5419

hunterkiller.5419

I don’t like it at all. Last time it was tight, moving you away and landing on your feet.. now you just slide after landing that affect combos and movesets

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

It is annoying.. Works OKish when facing the target and evading backwards but when running away and using it to shot backwards I end up jumping back and forth for several seconds.

Whats even more fun though is I started using my theif again the other day.. try using that skill on their SB more than once in a row.. now that is glitchy as kittens.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

It’s the same on thief, they broke it..
They decreased the dodge-window, but in my opinion, they should’ve decrease the casting time with it..

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in Ranger

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

That is intended functionality. Is shoots you away from your target a small amount.

Source?

It seems very much like a bug to me, considering the fact that you have basically no control of your character while you’re moonwalking and not evading anymore. It is also new behavior introduced relatively recently, either the June 3rd or May 20th patch.

It also affects thief shortbow 3, and pretty strongly negatively affects survivabilty/responsiveness of both classes.

Edit: This post would seem to confirm it as a bug

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

(edited by Halcyon.7352)

in Ranger

Pure Heart.1456

I’m not sure we’re taking about the same thing…
By “rubber banding” I mean the game ‘jumps’ (teleports) you to where it thinks you should be after bad network lag… at least, that’s how I perceive it.

in Ranger

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I just want it to work more smoothly.

Now I’ve had it leap me back, take a few steps forward, then backpedal really fast. Not to mention getting walked off the edge of Skyhammer a few times during the effect.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Ranger

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

By “rubber banding” I mean the game ‘jumps’ (teleports) you to where it thinks you should be after bad network lag… at least, that’s how I perceive it.

Rubberbanding is where you jump back as expected, but then the game returns you to the location where you jumped from and puts your skill on CD (meaning if you used it to get away from that big OHKO, you just got placed right back into that OHKO).

Happens pretty frequently with SB3 if there is even a slight hint of latency.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Ranger

Pure Heart.1456

Rubberbanding is where you jump back as expected, but then the game returns you to the location where you jumped from and puts your skill on CD (meaning if you used it to get away from that big OHKO, you just got placed right back into that OHKO).

This!

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Rubberbanding is when you experience such a tremendous amount of latency that you effectively disconnect from the server momentarily. You often can continue to walk forward and may not even notice that you are lagging but will then shoot back, or “rubberband”, to where the latency started assuming the game doesn’t auto boot you.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rubberbanding

Easy to perceive in GW2 because, while you can keep walking as normal, server-side skill queue means you can’t use any actions during the event and most other players will either freeze in place because they weren’t moving before it started or will look like they are running into objects with “auto run” enabled because the client hasn’t received updated info on the direction they are moving or actions they are performing.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Well, they broke ride the lightning on Ele a year ago and still haven’t fixed it, I wouldn’t hold my breath…

downed state is bad for PVP

in Ranger

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

This happens with most movement skills like leaps. When it hawpens with hornets sting and it gets me killed I am not impressed at all.

in Ranger

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

This happens with most movement skills like leaps. When it hawpens with hornets sting and it gets me killed I am not impressed at all.

Yeah, any skill that changes your character’s location, especially ones not tied to a target and their location, is susceptible to rubberbanding if you have even a small amount of latency.

Server: Devona’s Rest