Ruby Ranger

Ruby Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: JKatz.1230

JKatz.1230

I just reached Ruby as Ranger (Condi Survival) and I just notice that I haven’t seen any Ruby Ranger, beside 1 in premade (and imo, if you premade you should be in Ruby by now).

So any Ruby Ranger main out there? What build do you use? How do you feel about the climb so far?

IGN: Mint Elbolt (Asura Ranger)

Ruby Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Yo. Shout Ranger (power) here. Its been rough especially since im trying to reach diamond only solo queing without relying on druid to carry me >.<.

Feels like alot of the elite specs have soft counters coming out there kitten. But its doable. Just takes alot of patience and your going to definetly have to outskill your opponents.

I will say one thing. Next time someone says I run a no skill build after the adaptations to my playstyle I have had to make so far I am just going to laugh haha.

Its been pretty satisfying so far. Even if it is rage inducing. But my main goal is soloqueing as a shout ranger all the way to diamond.

Ghost Yak

Ruby Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: FriendlyInvader.3126

FriendlyInvader.3126

Got to ruby using druid and MM/BM. There were some other ranger mains[I’m assuming because that’s all they used] that were ruby that I got matched up against a lot on the way up.

Ruby Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Mouse.7382

Mouse.7382

Congratz!
Midway thru sapphire on soloq mm/sk/bm. I wanted druid to work either as full time heals or mix with LB. Clearly for me druid only rewarding with organized grp and raids. I’ll prob never make it past ruby as the meta has no place for such a traditional build.

Ruby Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Sin Siduri.6302

Sin Siduri.6302

Hit Ruby this morning with my main Cele Druid. Mostly solo queing. I love the level of competition at this rank, though being able to lose tiers is gonna hurt!

Ruby Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

hit it the day before yesterday, using this build (granted, I did group up with 2-3 others occasionally. but I only got maybe 2 tiers of sapphire at most, doing so)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATWnMqAVsgVsCmsCUtgFGBDOqWV7qNjrNQIgpA8tCAlMtKA-TpBFABCcBAY4QAswRAo99HgqMAAPAAA

Though after some testing (cough getting wrecked by diamonds/legendaries cough) I’ve made some drastic changes to it.

You can definitely tell what the strongest classes are by what you see most in ruby and higher, IMO.

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Ruby Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Mostly solo, second most duo, and a few premade queues playing a splattering of stuff. But mostly when solo/duo i run this for fun: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATWnUqA1CiVsAmsActgFGBDupOV7qPPhhVLjJc9tCAl8s0A-TZBFwACuAAEOEAF3foaZAAPBAA

Ruby Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

You guys/gals find that you are facing the standard pre-made and group composition now and more difficult to win? Like hitting a wall because you are not joining the easy mode classes?

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Ruby Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

You guys/gals find that you are facing the standard pre-made and group composition now and more difficult to win? Like hitting a wall because you are not joining the easy mode classes?

Besides a couple VERY select metas ranger has always been a against this wall. Its nothing new. Granted I think its a little less intense now as there are viable options they just aren’t as optimal. Hopefully there will be a mid-season balance patch to even things out. Then ranger would be in a good spot again.

Ruby Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Vatlaaw Fierceshot.5713

Vatlaaw Fierceshot.5713

Hit ruby about a week ago.

Ruby Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Pvt Frosty.6973

Pvt Frosty.6973

Already out of ruby. Climbs been fun.

SoloQ and DuoQ winrate way higher than TripleQ-PremadeQs. W2B better Friends xD

Many Builds used, always druid though. Just too good of a traitline.

Just Filthy Kasuals – Bowscoooped!
YouTube / Twitch

Ruby Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

W2B better Friends xD

Lol. Made me giggle. Not nice though (just kidding )

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Ruby Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: twojackson.5607

twojackson.5607

I’ll be at legendary soon. just hit 2nd bracket. you lot lucky you don’t face Solid Snake…

SHADOWJEDI — currently undefeated in over 100 official wager duels.

Ruby Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

I just got to Ruby this morning, the climb has been very pleasant, thus far. Druid seems to be performing really well compared to before HoT. The team utility is nothing short of sweet.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Ruby Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Rome.3192

Rome.3192

Solo queued to ruby using Thief/Druid. Playing with Crusader MM/BM Druid.

Thief

Ruby Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Tealots.6095

Tealots.6095

Glad to hear that build is successful. I’ve been running Marauder with MM/WS/Druid, but I think MM/BM Crusader is a more efficient manner. Did you use LB/GS or Staff/GS?

Ruby Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Just hit Sapphire, wasn’t using my Ranger till a couple days ago though. Was initially running Hybrid DPS Druid (marauders) which did ok, but it wasn’t great. I then swapped back to my Pre-HoT Power Ranger, with a smokescale lol.

It was actually quite amazing, I took down bunkers solo, or they ran. I have a solid advantage of range against Reapers, and rarely ever have trouble with em unless they blindside me while I’m focused elsewhere.

Not enough sustain to deal with a good Tempest, and certain high dmg burst builds still hurt a lot, but honestly, I’m loving it.

I’m almost always top or close to top score, and have been getting a lot of double pip wins.

Running LB/GS MM/BM/WS if anyone cares, using marauders ammy

Ruby Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: JKatz.1230

JKatz.1230

I haven’t been active lately but after patch, the Ruby climb has been pretty easy actually. So turn out a lot of Ruby were there because they rely on OP Rev and Chrono. I guess we Ranger get a head start here.

The only annoying one is Tempest but as long as your team know when to burst a tempest down, it shouldn’t be too hard.

Or bring along a Bristleback (also I do like to Wyvern for the knockdown vs rez meta currently, it’s buggy as kitten though). I do like Smokescale for its do everything purpose but in PvP Bristleback and Wyvern might be the deadly combo for all Ranger builds.

IGN: Mint Elbolt (Asura Ranger)

Ruby Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

I was 1v1’ing a druid, had him down, was standing next to him, but his bristleback was standing next to me…. it didn’t end well lol.

Ruby Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Rome.3192

Rome.3192

Glad to hear that build is successful. I’ve been running Marauder with MM/WS/Druid, but I think MM/BM Crusader is a more efficient manner. Did you use LB/GS or Staff/GS?

Pretty sure Celestial meta Druid with Sword/Torch swap is better, but Crusader is fun. I use GS/Staff. Staff combined with SotW gives me a really good CAF uptime. CAF #5 is sooo good.

Thief

Ruby Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Just an update on my previous reply. Finally managed to make it to diamond using only shout utilities and without the druid elite spec. The last 3 pips took me several outs of getting to 1 pip away and then back down to 3 away >.<. I got a lucky stronghold match that pushed me over for it though (cheers)

I ended up swapping to a full zerk amulet with trooper runes though. It improved my damage massively from the marauders amulet and I still had over 17k health so I wasn’t really gank bait. The extra damage goes ALONG way towards gibbing people. And I had several really good combos where I managed take out druids and dragonhunters in one burst.

Ghost Yak