Rune of the Dolyak Question

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Does the #6 effect build up Astral Force Reliably like SotW?

If yes, then I think its a very good alternative in freeing up a utility slot

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Yes, I’m 90% sure it does.

There are food effects that work too.

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Yes, it does.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

Thanks guys, so do they grant you the same amount of astral force? (assuming 0 healing power)

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

So Signet of the Wild heals you and your pet as long as each is not at full health. However, dolyak signet can proc the heal minor trait in Druid every second as well. If signet of the wild does this too then SotW is slightly better, but dolyak, regen, and natural regen from BM are enough to always have astral force ready in order to go into celestial form off of cool down. Which is why every ranger in pro league at the moment runs them.

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

So Signet of the Wild heals you and your pet as long as each is not at full health. However, dolyak signet can proc the heal minor trait in Druid every second as well. If signet of the wild does this too then SotW is slightly better, but dolyak, regen, and natural regen from BM are enough to always have astral force ready in order to go into celestial form off of cool down. Which is why every ranger in pro league at the moment runs them.

Which minor trait?

in Ranger

Eurantien.4632

Live vicariously.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Live vicariously.

Well that sounds like a bug to me, but I’m not complaining.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Can confirm.
NEITHER
Signet of the Wild or Rune of the Dolyak triggers the minor Druid trait Live Vigorously.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

in Ranger

Eurantien.4632

Can confirm.
NEITHER
Signet of the Wild or Rune of the Dolyak triggers the minor Druid trait Live Vigorously.

This is correct ^^.

My bad y’all.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Can confirm.
NEITHER

This is correct ^^.

My bad y’all.

Just curious, if Rune of Durability was still available in PvP; do you think it would be a better choice over Dolyak?

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Can confirm.
NEITHER

This is correct ^^.

My bad y’all.

Just curious, if Rune of Durability was still available in PvP; do you think it would be a better choice over Dolyak?

But it doesn’t?
If you’re looking for passive CA regeneration, you’re best bet would be a shoutbow build to grant regeneration to allies.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Can confirm.
NEITHER

This is correct ^^.

My bad y’all.

But it doesn’t?
If you’re looking for passive CA regeneration, you’re best bet would be a shoutbow build to grant regeneration to allies.

….your answer doesn’t make any sense to me. Did you mean “isn’t,” as in, is not available? That would make much more sense to me lol.

I asked because I’m gearing my WvW Druid right now and while there are a ton of other options and opinions on the subject of what build to run in WvW, I’ve been debating these two runesets, so I figured I’d ask the question, since the stats provided are nearly identical.

(edited by jcbroe.4329)

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

Can confirm.
NEITHER

This is correct ^^.

My bad y’all.

2 Different sets and 2 Different pros:

If you take traited shouts naturally durability will be better because of the boon duration.

It is also good when you have fortifying bond traited so more boons for your pets via the number 4 proc, and ultimately giving you 40% boon duration. Another important thing is that you get the resistance which rangers do not naturally have. Resistance will be around 1.5 seconds with NM.

Dolyak Imo is better building builds lacking Astral force generators like SotW or Traited shouts. Since you free up a utility slot. Also Dolyak is not like regen that can be stripped or corrupted.

Dolyak + Staff is more than enough to generate AF, now you have so much flexibility in the traits and utility slots

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Can confirm.
NEITHER

This is correct ^^.

My bad y’all.

If you take traited shouts naturally durability will be better because of the boon duration.

It is also good when you have fortifying bond traited so more boons for your pets via the number 4 proc, and ultimately giving you 40% boon duration. Another important thing is that you get the resistance which rangers do not naturally have. Resistance will be around 1.5 seconds with NM.

Dolyak Imo is better building builds lacking Astral force generators like SotW or Traited shouts. Since you free up a utility slot. Also Dolyak is not like regen that can be stripped or corrupted.

Dolyak + Staff is more than enough to generate AF, now you have so much flexibility in the traits and utility slots

Well the big thing in WvW that I’m noticing is that you aren’t really short on Astral Force ever (this is my most offensive build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJAWRnUqA1CiVsCOsActglOB7pFEqWYwr0Y6N1pvFAKclMtzA-TVyGABkfBAmU9HDOEARqLAgHAwdKBLf/hCOCALp8DA-w ), but the Durability Runes can provide you nearly permanent Protection between procs of Protective Ward, the runes, and Protect Me.

At least, I think that’s their selling point, but I can’t tell if the benefit is too marginal compared to the guarantee-able and constant Dolyak benefits.

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

Can confirm.
NEITHER

This is correct ^^.

My bad y’all.

Well the big thing in WvW that I’m noticing is that you aren’t really short on Astral Force ever (this is my most offensive build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJAWRnUqA1CiVsCOsActglOB7pFEqWYwr0Y6N1pvFAKclMtzA-TVyGABkfBAmU9HDOEARqLAgHAwdKBLf/hCOCALp8DA-w ), but the Durability Runes can provide you nearly permanent Protection between procs of Protective Ward, the runes, and Protect Me.

At least, I think that’s their selling point, but I can’t tell if the benefit is too marginal compared to the guarantee-able and constant Dolyak benefits.

Your build looks great, but I mean this is just me but, you have clerics gear and have perma prot too, yes that would make you super tanky but I would just get a different gear since the perma prot will still cover your defences.

Also why healing power gear?

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Can confirm.
NEITHER

This is correct ^^.

My bad y’all.

Your build looks great, but I mean this is just me but, you have clerics gear and have perma prot too, yes that would make you super tanky but I would just get a different gear since the perma prot will still cover your defences.

I run exclusively with my guild group, and while I have the full damage gear and play a pretty decent gank character, in the grand scheme of things, my single target damage is much less important than doing something like keeping the frontline/backline up, so the healing power lets me drop multiple big heals on multiple people, and with just one or two other druids, it lets our group run more offensive oriented gear.

At least, that’s the theory/logic to it. I also don’t have any problem oneshotting people with a GS/pet combo, just like in PvP, so I don’t miss out on much.

Actually, if you look at the gear values, you’ll see I’ve essentially recreated the Mender’s Amulet from PvP, but with toughness over vitality.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Can confirm.
NEITHER

This is correct ^^.

My bad y’all.

I run exclusively with my guild group, and while I have the full damage gear and play a pretty decent gank character, in the grand scheme of things, my single target damage is much less important than doing something like keeping the frontline/backline up, so the healing power lets me drop multiple big heals on multiple people, and with just one or two other druids, it lets our group run more offensive oriented gear.

At least, that’s the theory/logic to it. I also don’t have any problem oneshotting people with a GS/pet combo, just like in PvP, so I don’t miss out on much.

Actually, if you look at the gear values, you’ll see I’ve essentially recreated the Mender’s Amulet from PvP, but with toughness over vitality.

I revised your build Jcbro
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAW8XnUqA1CiVsCmsCctglOBDelOTvpO9tAQh7pFEqWYlMtzA-TlyGQBO7gA8LlQTS9H8oEkcXBgIpboc7PsElNEUpAAeAABAQAu5NzmtZwQ/5P/5PHa38m38m38mlC4bpWA-w

its tougher/more Vit/ more condi clears / higher healing stat + longer durations for only slightly less power but that won’t make much of a difference since your running in a guild group longer sustain is much better and those blinds / pulls into a WD pumping out Retaliation+vun as a bonus % damage you can Heal and CC at the same time with the Whirling bolts on the waterfields plus reflect any incomming projeciles.

yes the root on Off-hand axe might be situations but if you trust your team mates to dive when they say and make a good push you can , Staff 3 in heal+blast>CA>trigger seeds of life buff up Grace of land then pull as many as you can using reverse glyph of tides and then trigger weaponswap PoS pull a called target then WD into a waterfield planted by the secondary healer ect its Rampantly Flexible in what the situation has to offer.

with the blinds and higher tankiness you can live without Signet of stone on this type of druid build , you have 2 stunbreakers inside CA form and 2 outside of CA form plus one on use of CA form and a AoE push to get out of chokes or tight spaces which also adds buffs+ increases the mender stacks for more Outgoing healing and 15seceonds at 4k + 30% outgoing its a extra 1.2k over 15seconds extra 80hps persecond totaling a ovrall hps of 346 per second ontop of staff AA ect this generaly means after all natural mender stacks, you can tick 1k per second when combined with Staff AA (so you won’t have to stay AA’ing for long to heal up and the Seeds of life from the glyphs will also heal for 1.491k up from 1147hp per glyph after the 30% boost.

hope this helps

Kelfar_Zenos.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Can confirm.
NEITHER

This is correct ^^.

My bad y’all.

I revised your build Jcbro
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAW8XnUqA1CiVsCmsCctglOBDelOTvpO9tAQh7pFEqWYlMtzA-TlyGQBO7gA8LlQTS9H8oEkcXBgIpboc7PsElNEUpAAeAABAQAu5NzmtZwQ/5P/5PHa38m38m38mlC4bpWA-w

its tougher/more Vit/ more condi clears / higher healing stat + longer durations for only slightly less power but that won’t make much of a difference since your running in a guild group longer sustain is much better and those blinds / pulls into a WD pumping out Retaliation+vun as a bonus % damage you can Heal and CC at the same time with the Whirling bolts on the waterfields plus reflect any incomming projeciles.

yes the root on Off-hand axe might be situations but if you trust your team mates to dive when they say and make a good push you can , Staff 3 in heal+blast>CA>trigger seeds of life buff up Grace of land then pull as many as you can using reverse glyph of tides and then trigger weaponswap PoS pull a called target then WD into a waterfield planted by the secondary healer ect its Rampantly Flexible in what the situation has to offer.

with the blinds and higher tankiness you can live without Signet of stone on this type of druid build , you have 2 stunbreakers inside CA form and 2 outside of CA form plus one on use of CA form and a AoE push to get out of chokes or tight spaces which also adds buffs+ increases the mender stacks for more Outgoing healing and 15seceonds at 4k + 30% outgoing its a extra 1.2k over 15seconds extra 80hps persecond totaling a ovrall hps of 346 per second ontop of staff AA ect this generaly means after all natural mender stacks, you can tick 1k per second when combined with Staff AA (so you won’t have to stay AA’ing for long to heal up and the Seeds of life from the glyphs will also heal for 1.491k up from 1147hp per glyph after the 30% boost.

hope this helps

Kelfar_Zenos.

Thanks! I knew there was a gearing setup that was more optimized than what I was running.

I alter everything else like you described just based on the mood I’m in and the encounters we’re in lol, but having a second opinion on it definitely helps me to default a setup better, so yeah, I really appreciate it

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

I run a set of Durability runes in WvW, they are almost too perfect. They are mated to my celestial ascended set and I use the accessories to adjust stats accordingly. I pretty much run with toughness/healing power though so I’m tanking and just go for outlasting them while I scout, flip camps, and what not. Because it is also high in healing, over 1k, it is easy enough to keep groups or zergs topped off.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)