Runes of Trapper + Ranger Trap broken!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Britto.6374

Britto.6374

Ty Anet for add a idiot little dmg per pulse at Spike and Frost Traps.

Stealth is totally broken now!

in Ranger

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

While it makes staying in stealth harder, I recommend using hunters shot -> laying a trap where they wont step on it until they are chasing you out of stealth.

Although I would love it if they changed the dmg of spike and frost traps to being one time front loaded.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

in Ranger

Posted by: BolshoiBooze.3406

BolshoiBooze.3406

Rune of the trapper also simply doesn’t work with healing spring for some reason.

in Ranger

Malchior.1928

Rune of the trapper also simply doesn’t work with healing spring for some reason.

That is being fixed as we speak.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

in Ranger

Britto.6374

Really, i don t know why Anet destroy Trapper Rune…no sense stealth now with dmg per pulse on traps…for Fire trap ok, but for frost and spike…stealth work only far from enemy…no sense

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

That damage is way too low. I agree with that.

Triggered traps should break the stealth though. We don’t need another class with permastealth bullkitten.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

…Although I would love it if they changed the dmg of spike and frost traps to being one time front loaded.

Yeah, that would be miles better.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

What you used to do with frost now you can do with HS, when they debug it ofc.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

They didn’t destroy trapper runes. Just now you use it in order to set up traps ahead of time without being seen. Once healing spring is set youl be able to drop your healing spring before running in and planting traps around an unaware opponent. Or by dropping target early in the fight and setting things up before he cant start ccing you.

Its not meant to be a perma stealth get away free thing like so many people have been using it for. It was meant to be a way of further improving the trap laying “sapper” playstyle. I can’t even say im sorry to see that now you cant just spam them and gain long stealth times combined with super speed. Maybe people will use them as traps now.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Malchior.1928

I definitely think it’s better to have all traps do damage one time when triggered.

When they fix healing spring though, we will hopefully have 1 trap that doesn’t reveal us when we stealth.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

(edited by Malchior.1928)

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

There is really no benefit to you to have traps pulse direct damage at all, if there is, I cannot see it. imo, way better to have it be a spike damage on all of them.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

The benefit is to trigger on hit effects basically, sigils or traits can trigger for extra bleeds/torments/poisons or whatever. It’s actually very handy for that reason.

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Ignoring healing spring, trap runes are not really broke. You just have to get used to the new play style and mechanic is all. You could also look at it has a glass half full argument because now you gain a trait point back because now you don’t have to trait for it…

I loved the runes prior to patch. Not many people ran them let along ran them with a long bow. So it was unique. It is still unique but you really need three traps to pull it off and play smarter. They excel at close combat by people trying to get into your face and allows you some distance.

There are a few builds here that I am toying with and tweak out of ignorance really but in the end I’m trying to find a good balance for solo roaming yet do ok when in a group of 5. Target assist – kill.

Right now one is:

Skirmish: 3,2,1
Wilderness: 2,2,1
Nature: 2,1,2
axe/torch/lb – healing spring, flame, spike, storm spirit, and entangle
Rabid armor/exotic – accessories are celestial/ascended

Other one is:
Skirmishing: 3,3,2
Wilderness: 2,2,3
Beastmaster: 1,1,1

Same armor/accessories/weapon set. but I swap out storm spirit for frost trap. Weapons stay pretty much the same or at times I’ll go double bow with LB/SB. Just depends really.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Malchior.1928

The benefit is to trigger on hit effects basically, sigils or traits can trigger for extra bleeds/torments/poisons or whatever. It’s actually very handy for that reason.

Auto attacking is more than sufficient for this though. So it’s probably better to not pulse physical damage on traps.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

in Ranger

Britto.6374

Anet add trap dmg to delete perma stealth and nerf runes…very bad idea:(

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

The new Frost Trap for trapper rune will be HS , they just need to fix it. Even without it from what i have seen, trapper rune is still very viable build.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Auto attacking is more than sufficient for this though. So it’s probably better to not pulse physical damage on traps.

They removed the direct damage from thief traps for this very reason, so they are not revealed.

The fact that you cannot take Sharpened Edges with Trapper’s Expertise now, kinda nullifies the condi application on hit.

If they have to do direct damage, they would be far better if all the direct damage went off on the 1st pulse and not over time, imo ofc.

in Ranger

Posted by: rollnb.8346

rollnb.8346

They wont fix it bro, they are too lazy for that fix. Instead they decided to fix Rune description in GW2 Wiki http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Trapper
It says “The skill Healing Spring does not trigger the rune’s effects.”

R.I.P.

in Ranger

Malchior.1928

They wont fix it bro, they are too lazy for that fix. Instead they decided to fix Rune description in GW2 Wiki http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Trapper

R.I.P.

You are silly :P. The wiki is not official. It states how things are currently implemented. And currently, healing spring is bugged to not work with the runes.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

R.I.P.

You are silly :P. The wiki is not official. It states how things are currently implemented. And currently, healing spring is bugged to not work with the runes.

IT’s marked as NOTE not kitten BUG there.
And Anet are fixing only Bugs :|

in Ranger

Posted by: Adamarius.7549

Adamarius.7549

R.I.P.

No dude silly i s only you, because it is official GW2 Wiki – > read the name.
And he is right, they pretend it’s not a bug.

So think twice before you write anything.

in Ranger

Malchior.1928

“Welcome to the official Guild Wars 2 Wiki, the comprehensive reference written and maintained by the players.

take a chill pill

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

in Ranger

Posted by: Adamarius.7549

Adamarius.7549

“Welcome to the official Guild Wars 2 Wiki, the comprehensive reference written and maintained by the players.

take a chill pill

Yes it helped me. Thank you, and thanks to a dude that made a Bug prefix for that description.

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

It really is a matter of opinion as to if they are broke or not. We all agree there is a change with regards to how they work. Trait toss or manually set. Beyond that, does it matter?

Seriously, I was one who always had the trait so I could toss at will. It took me a few days to adjust but I don’t see it as a game breaker. In fact, I am starting to like them better because it makes me have better situation awareness. By that I mean keep the enemy at range and the way they work now they do wonders vs. thieves / stealth.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)