SB + S/D Carrion Ranger WvW/PvP Build

in Ranger

Posted by: xTristan.1043

xTristan.1043

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNEQNAV8YjUqlqy1ldLbyyhdYR1etDkHIrnEIS7gH/567FPsSF-TVSAABgqSAtKBj+iK41+Dyo7ACzfQp8DgnUQQq7QKAIWWB-w

In this build I use Carrion gears + Undead runes.
This build has high mobility with many evades.
You are dancing around your target.
Pets with chill helps a lot.
I have managed 2v1 before. (Not commonly but it comes)

I know this build isn’t perfect so I would love some input
I’ll take any criticism, I know your trying to help me

EDIT: I have been thinking about using Rabid instead of Carrion for a Condi/Power build but I think Condi/Power is the way to go

(edited by xTristan.1043)

in Ranger

Posted by: xTristan.1043

xTristan.1043

Anything? o: I need criticism lol

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Well.. I havent used carrion much, and not at all outside of PvP, so I cant claim to be an expert.. but a few comments are these:

1) IMO SB is not a good condition weapon without precision. I would take Axe + Torch as your other set, especially since you didnt take a torch in the first place and burning is invaluable on any condition build.

2) Following on from that, with SB doing so little and being only 900 range, I’m not sure piercing arrows is of much value. I’d move 2/4 trait points out of MS into pretty much any other traitline, but if you really dont want to I’d at least change Piercing Arrows for SotB.

3) You say Undead Runes on the post and have Nightmare Runes on the build, but regardless I think Krait might suit you better.

4) Those sigils of agony are really not worth it. I’d swap them for Geomancy in a heart beat.

5) Skills wise.. you have an odd set but I cant see any particular reason why it couldnt work. Like I said, I’d take SotB over Piercing Arrows to get more use out of the Signet, or I’d move 4 MS traitpoints to WS, get SotF and then swap your spike trap for MT or Sharpenning Stone. Oh and I prefer TU over HaO but.. HaO isnt that bad really so I guess thats up to you.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: irk.2047

irk.2047

I would highly recommend switching Signet of Stone with fire trap. If you are going to have condition damage, I would suggest using it.

also, with s/d as part of your build, I would recommend changing some of your traits to get benefits from their ability to evade more often.

here’s my carrion build
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAV8YjUq0uaLLmrQ1aABhaVA0OGS2Ugd9WBbQJ7qC-TpBFwAIOCAG3fAyDAIyFAIaZAAHEAA

in Ranger

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

@irk,
Why do you have two sigils that rely on critical chance, when your critical chance is only 18%? Given that those sigils’ effects then only activate on another chance, they’ll almost never pop.

in Ranger

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Heal as one is a bad heal. Take Troll or Spring instead. Maybe switch Spike trap for Muddy terain (it’s survival so fits more your trait disposition).

Snow Crows [SC]