*SERIOUS RANGER BUGS* Requires Urgent Action

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

poor rangers. so im not sure if the community is aware of this, but many ranger aoe’s only affect 3 targets instead of 5. is this new or has it always been this way? please submit reports and bump this thread. we dont need this =)

- Muddy Terrain only affects 3 targets! not 5, like any other ground targeted aoe.

- Path of Scars also only pulls 3; Storm Spirit’s Call Lightning only affects 3 targets. Lightning Reflexes also damages only 3 targets. point blank shot kb’s 3 targets only.

- traps are fine. barrage is fine. whirling defense is fine. please check on piercing arrows.

if some of these things are intended, it really should be stated in the tooltip. but i see no reason why MT and LR should only affect 3 targets. this is pretty nuts if intended. ele staff spam affects 5, guard walls affect 5, Earth Shaker affects 5. you get the idea.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in Ranger

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

Lightning Reflexes shouldn’t even DO damage. The only thing that effect is good for is getting smacked by retaliatory effects like Shock Aura or Retaliation.

I know, not entirely related to your post, but it’s something that annoys the crap out of me; I despise useless effects that could be removed to make room for something else.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Whaaaaat? LR doing dmg is the biggest reason I beat Liadri so easily. Also great for bow gap creation and damage avoidance. Traited, it’s a stun break almost every 30s.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

Whaaaaat? LR doing dmg is the biggest reason I beat Liadri so easily.

trololo

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Think what you want, I don’t care. LR pwns orb pull. I beat Liadri in about an hour (Probably about 7 tries). I really didn’t find her difficult at all but then again I have almost 2500 hours on ranger along with almost every dungeon armor in the game. I’m pretty good at PvE, not ashamed to brag about that. I’m an old school platformer at heart (mega man which was super hard) and, listen, after you play I want to be the guy or Super Meat Boy, you realize how easy gw2 pve is.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

(edited by Chopps.5047)

in Ranger

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

These are all balanced this way because we have a pet, a naturally strong and AoE based profession mechanic.
Okay now I’m trolling, my bad :P
Anyways,
I’ll test all of these when I get on today.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

seriously, MT needs to hit 5 people. or at least these things need to be in the tooltip. and no matter how tightly packed the mobs are, it’s always 3. so it’s not a range issue.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

Whaaaaat? LR doing dmg is the biggest reason I beat Liadri so easily. Also great for bow gap creation and damage avoidance. Traited, it’s a stun break almost every 30s.

I perfectly agree with Chopps; LR is excellent for too many reasons: stun break, evade and damage (which is higher than you think).

Also it’s perfect in order to keep up steady focus and deserve/increase endurance for essential situations.

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

LR doing damage is fine. It’s similar to blink for Eles which is one of the key parts of their burst chain. While the ranger can’t follow it up with anything meaningful (yet…?) it doing damage is fine.

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

stop derailing please…most people know how good LR is. lets talk about bugs and testing.

my question is: why should all of staff ele skills, for example, hit 5 people? why should guardian walls and immobilizes affect 5 people? why should Earth Shaker hit 5 people? while ranger aoe’s affect only 3.

in Ranger

Atherakhia.4086

stop derailing please…most people know how good LR is. lets talk about bugs and testing.

my question is: why should all of staff ele skills, for example, hit 5 people? why should guardian walls and immobilizes affect 5 people? why should Earth Shaker hit 5 people? while ranger aoe’s affect only 3.

They shouldn’t. I’m at work or I’d have tested it already

As for piercing arrows, I’m pretty sure that doesn’t even have an AE cap so can hit 5+ targets (where weapons usually hit 3?).

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

IF it is intentional, then I’m sure their reasoning is: the Ranger has a pet.

IF that is true, then ArenaNet has reached a new low and I have to congratulate them on it because I didn’t know they could sink any lower.

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

It doesn’t sound like its intended. But what really gets me is…. how did you test LR only hitting 3 guys?

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

It doesn’t sound like its intended. But what really gets me is…. how did you test LR only hitting 3 guys?

stacked a bunch of mobs around me, packed them tight. saw only 3 numbers pop up. same thing with Storm Spirit

in Ranger

Posted by: SisiXuan.4178

SisiXuan.4178

Bonfire only hit 3 as well.
And isn’t whirlwind defense only hit 3?

Btw how come guardian’s leap of faith can hit 5.

in Ranger

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Lightning reflexes does actually hit only 3 targets. Whoever is/was working with rangers should have stayed mopping floors at McDonalds :P
Yeah, the damage in lr isn’t the point but still , sometimes it feels theres someone in the dev team who was just hired randomly from the street when he was walking past the building

All is vain.

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

Bonfire only hit 3 as well.
And isn’t whirlwind defense only hit 3?

Btw how come guardian’s leap of faith can hit 5.

exactly. reason is rangers are ANet’s unwanted child.

in Ranger

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

Think what you want, I don’t care. LR pwns orb pull. I beat Liadri in about an hour (Probably about 7 tries). I really didn’t find her difficult at all but then again I have almost 2500 hours on ranger along with almost every dungeon armor in the game. I’m pretty good at PvE, not ashamed to brag about that. I’m an old school platformer at heart (mega man which was super hard) and, listen, after you play I want to be the guy or Super Meat Boy, you realize how easy gw2 pve is.

Good ol’ Chopps, you’re hilarious.

in Ranger

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

The only two I have a problem with are Muddy Terrain and Call Lightning. They should affect 5 targets. Otherwise, the 3 target limit is fine.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Oh no…. LR only hits 3 targets, the horrors…. God what I’d give for how it worked in GW1…. Evade + Attack speed boost? Yes kittening please!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

Most melee attacks which cleave will only hit 3 targets. So Lightning Reflexes and Path of Scars only affecting 3 targets sounds right.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cleave

Other AOE attacks (including melee whirls) hit up to 5 targets. So Call Lightning and Muddy Terrain should be hitting 5. If those two are bugged, then likely the active effects from the other spirits are bugged as well.

in Ranger

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

If this hasn’t been done, someone also make a post about this in the bug section. We all know they’ll never see it here.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

Oh no…. LR only hits 3 targets, the horrors…. God what I’d give for how it worked in GW1…. Evade + Attack speed boost? Yes kittening please!

muddy terrain not hitting 5 people is a pretty kitten big deal. the point is their attitude toward the profession. it’s not just one skill that’s terribly bugged, it’s a whole slew. we’ve been fed scraps since launch.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

muddy terrain not hitting 5 people is a pretty kitten big deal. the point is their attitude toward the profession. it’s not just one skill that’s terribly bugged, it’s a whole slew. we’ve been fed scraps since launch.

Are you -sure- MT doesn’t hit 5? I coulda sworn it did…

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

yea man, 100% sure. it’s either a bug, or it’s been there all along (i havent used the ability for a few months until recently).

in Ranger

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

maybe I’ll sound strange or what but I have guardian alt and…

what hells by the heck sake? and what immobilises?
guardian have only 1 “aoe” immobilise and that is skill from hammer other immoblis guardian have are single target skills so the cannot affect “5 targets”
also guardian have actually one “wall” – and that’s wall of reflection there is not possibility to talking about target cap because only things that WoR is doing is reflecting projectiles and this don’t have actuall cap (it can reflect for 10 and more players if they will try to shoot through it)
maybe You meant wards… but also that would be first thing I heard about target caps on wards – seriously I’ve never had situation that placed line of warding agains zerg and somebody cross it becuase “he was the 6th and the cakitten ”

so I advice to think more before calling another cass skills to comparision

about OT – I’m not using muddy terrain so I cannot tell about max targets – also I’m rather not using spirits in PvP. only thing named I’m using lastly is whirling defence – but I’ve never managed to have more than 3 targets in AoE range so also I cannot confirm or deny their number of targets cap….

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

maybe I’ll sound strange or what but I have guardian alt and…

what hells by the heck sake? and what immobilises?
guardian have only 1 “aoe” immobilise and that is skill from hammer other immoblis guardian have are single target skills so the cannot affect “5 targets”
also guardian have actually one “wall” – and that’s wall of reflection there is not possibility to talking about target cap because only things that WoR is doing is reflecting projectiles and this don’t have actuall cap (it can reflect for 10 and more players if they will try to shoot through it)
maybe You meant wards… but also that would be first thing I heard about target caps on wards – seriously I’ve never had situation that placed line of warding agains zerg and somebody cross it becuase "he was the 6th and the cakitten "

so I advice to think more before calling another cass skills to comparision

about OT – I’m not using muddy terrain so I cannot tell about max targets – also I’m rather not using spirits in PvP. only thing named I’m using lastly is whirling defence – but I’ve never managed to have more than 3 targets in AoE range so also I cannot confirm or deny their number of targets cap….

I meant wards. Wall = ward from the popular “4 wall” build. but I also meant hammer 3. Ive trapped 4-5 people with it many time. I also main a guard.

Secondly I DO use muddy terrain extensively and I HAVE tested this and I CAN confirm it. It only affects 3 targets at a time.

My whole point is other better balanced professions dont have to put up with this. In fact, guards are still enjoying the pure of voice bug. Rangers have so many problems and we have so few things to bring to the table, and even these things are broken for us. It’s frustrating and I just wanted the devs to see this issue and repair it, or clarify their intent with these utilities.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

Ahem.

“Submit profession bugs to the game bugs forum.”

just sayin

in Ranger

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

I would trade Lightning Reflex’s damage for movement condition cure more than anything. Although I will admit LR as a utility is pretty boss aside from that.

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

Im not debating the usefulness of these skills. Theyre bugged is all im saying. Test it and submit bug reports guys.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mauvelence.6870

Mauvelence.6870

They’re working as anet intends them to, if you want a class that can hit 5 targets at once with their skills you need to play ele or necro.

in Ranger

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Nope. Not bugged to me. Working as intended.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

They’re working as anet intends them to, if you want a class that can hit 5 targets at once with their skills you need to play ele or necro.

Or warrior, or guardian, or Mesmer, or thief, or engineer

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

Lol that made me laugh. Thanks.

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

Alright, tested Muddy Terrain and all four spirits. Just go to the grouped golems in the Mists and plop one in the middle. If it hits them, their name turns red.

All of them are limited to 3 targets. This isn’t a radius issue. Stone Spirit generates its own muddy terrain-like mud, and there were 6 golems standing within the mud. Only 3 of them were affected.

So either it’s a bug and they should be affecting 5 targets, or someone at Anet made a very convincing argument that spirits are performing melee attacks.

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

i find it interesting how the QA seems to be, by far, the worst for this particular profession. and this isnt one ability, it’s a whole bunch. imagine, if ele’s static field or warr’s Earth Shaker only affected 3 people. the forums would explode and it would get hotfixed the next day.

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

I find it strange to bring necors and guardians into the thread. AoE skills should hit 5 targets, end of story. I hate that people try to derail this thread, when someone took the time to test this, and drew everyones attention to it, as we didn’t even notice this. The fact that we have aoe skills (not many to begin with) that only hit 3 enemies… it just amazes me. Get your kitten together ANET!

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Ranger

Atherakhia.4086

Muddy Trap was def 3.
Poison Trap was 3.
Torch 5 is 3.
LR is 3.

I’ll check concussive and crippling shot later. I’ll confirm knockback also.

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

Muddy Trap was def 3.
Poison Trap was 3.
Torch 5 is 3.
LR is 3.

Thanks. Lets not let this thread move off 1st page until dev addresses this.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Muddy Trap was def 3.
Poison Trap was 3.
Torch 5 is 3.
LR is 3.

Thanks. Lets not let this thread move off 1st page until dev addresses this.

This thread will be on the first page for a looooooooooong time then…

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

We’ve been second class citizens since launch. Enough is enough.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

We’ve been second class citizens since launch. Enough is enough.

I’m more dumbfounded they went back on their “warriors should have bad condi removal” and “necros shouldn’t have burst” statements, but haven’t shown us like any love…

I mean sure, signets got fixed (calling it a buff means you’re diluted enough that they should’ve been a 120s CD signet in the first place), and traited spirits aren’t bad anymore… But that hardly saves our utility list pool from being kitten compared to any other prof…

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

In the early days they used to hit everyone, then AoEs got nerfed to 5 people, i guess the fact so little rangers use those skills, no one noticed they only hit 3, i guess they could get fixed to 5 wouldn’t change anything for me, lackluster skills all round imo..

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

would make all the difference for Storm Spirit bombs and Muddy Terrain. 2s immobilize on 5 people is huge (if timed well, guaranteed kills), and Call Lightning can hit twice in a middle of a zerg when the spirit is destroyed, so instead of 3k x3, it would do 3k x5 damage.

i think Path of Scars also hits/pulls only 3 people, which would be a huge kitten . im gonna test this soon.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

would make all the difference for Storm Spirit bombs and Muddy Terrain. 2s immobilize on 5 people is huge (if timed well, guaranteed kills), and Call Lightning can hit twice in a middle of a zerg when the spirit is destroyed, so instead of 3k x3, it would do 3k x5 damage.

i think Path of Scars also hits/pulls only 3 people, which would be a huge kitten . im gonna test this soon.

Being in Australia with 300+ ping time, 2 sec anything is useless… by the time i’ve used it go to use my next skill its over and done they are on me again, my spirits are dead from AoE before they even get to use call lightning..

I’m glad you found these but to Fix them you need Anet willing and able, also Anet seem to just hate and ignore anything Ranger these days..

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

for zergs, u can use the trait that allows spirit actives to go off when spirit dies. thats what i used when testing Storm Spirit. currently, Call Lightning is only affecting 3 targets, and the damage wouldnt be bad if it affected 5.

in Ranger

Posted by: Pendleton.6385

Pendleton.6385

Has anyone posted this in the official bug forum?

MT, poison trap, torch 5, and spirits only hitting 3 has to be a bug. This makes me wonder even more about the randomness of the spotter trait.

How can something like this pass QA?

Tarnished Coast
~ Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

MT, poison trap, torch 5, and spirits only hitting 3 has to be a bug. This makes me wonder even more about the randomness of the spotter trait.

I wonder if this is a stealth nerf to the aoe cap / cleave cap, as my ranger, guardian, and warrior cleave moves only hit 3 people instead of 5

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

i posted in bug forums. it dropped to 3rd page by the end of the day. just keep this bumped. i’ll get video footage if thats what they need.

it does sound like some kinda stealth cleave nerf that just wasnt applied to other profs.

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

I wonder if this is a stealth nerf to the aoe cap / cleave cap, as my ranger, guardian, and warrior cleave moves only hit 3 people instead of 5

Cleave only hits 3 people to begin with.