SOTP nerf a bit uncalled for

in Ranger

Posted by: arnitheking.8427

arnitheking.8427

I’m not sure what to think of this patch. What stands out is the nerf to SOTP (even in wvw), I don’t really understand why it had to be nerfed? No salt I’m just honestly wondering

in Ranger

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Because no balance patch without a nerf to core ranger …
At least i can keep my heal skill in WvW.

(edited by UmbraNoctis.1907)

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

God forbid we have decent access to stability.

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

God forbid we have decent access to stability.

Already can’t get into parties with Guardians in WvW because they are reserved for GREN classes.
Anet nerfs our personal stability and only thing we brought to a zerg.

If there’s a logic to these actions, it’s completely over my head.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Probably because it was a 48s CD that gave us and our pet 25 might, pulsing stability, fury, swiftness, and regen, it was pretty kittening strong. Wasn’t really expecting the nerf, but I’m not too surprised it was nerfed.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

25 might, pulsing stability, fury, swiftness, and regen,

That is pretty much baseline for every class at the moment.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

And that’s the problem they seem to be trying to address…. very very very slowly…

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

And that’s the problem they seem to be trying to address…. very very very slowly…

Starting with ranger….

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Starting with ranger….

YEP
Anet is live testing stealth and stability nerfs with the ranger. And will stay only with the ranger.
Remember this words.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I know they nerfed SoI as well but you would think they would aim it at the ones that can share it out to a group first.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

It’s not TOO bad. I usually save my SotP for when I think I’m really going to need it, while I know many PvPers use it liberally. So I’m biased.

The one that is going to hurt is the CA recharge.

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Starting with ranger….

YEP
Anet is live testing stealth and stability nerfs with the ranger. And will stay only with the ranger.
Remember this words.

That’s a bit unfair. Look at the HaO boon share nerf, Mesmers got it immediately after haven’t they?

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

Ok well, after trait changes in 2015, they cut the boon duration in half when they reduced the cooldown by half. From 20 seconds of boons at a 120 second cooldown to 10 seconds at 60 seconds.

If they’re changing the cooldowns again, shouldn’t the boon duration be adjusted to compensate? So the new duration for SotP should be 12.5 seconds of boons on a 75 sec cooldown.

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

Ok well, after trait changes in 2015, they cut the boon duration in half when they reduced the cooldown by half. From 20 seconds of boons at a 120 second cooldown to 10 seconds at 60 seconds.

If they’re changing the cooldowns again, shouldn’t the boon duration be adjusted to compensate? So the new duration for SotP should be 12.5 seconds of boons on a 75 sec cooldown.

Well, no, the point of a nerf is to make the skill less effective. If they increased the duration of the boons applied in addition to its’ recharge, that wouldn’t be as much of a nerf.

Stormbluff Isle

in Ranger

bloodpyrope.8630

Well, no, the point of a nerf is to make the skill less effective. If they increased the duration of the boons applied in addition to its’ recharge, that wouldn’t be as much of a nerf.

I just find it ridiculous that the skill’s CD to boon duration ratio was fine for 4 years of the game until suddenly they decided it was OP.

It’s not like WhaO where they changed the functionality of the skill (boon share) so it became OP in comparison with it’s CD. Rampage as One’s core functionality has not been changed at all.

If the druid traitline is what’s causing it to become unbalance, then nerf druids. Don’t nerf base skills that haven’t been changed since released.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I can only assume that if people continue to see SotP as an issue when killing or being killed by a Druid, we’ll probably have a change that’s consistent with what bloodpyrope wrote.

Only, it would be 15s buff duration on a 90s cooldown. Which, the past considered, is still better than 120 seconds.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I’d be fine with the increased cooldown if they’d just remove the kittening cast time…

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

I just find it ridiculous that the skill’s CD to boon duration ratio was fine for 4 years of the game until suddenly they decided it was OP.

It’s not like WhaO where they changed the functionality of the skill (boon share) so it became OP in comparison with it’s CD. Rampage as One’s core functionality has not been changed at all.

If the druid traitline is what’s causing it to become unbalance, then nerf druids. Don’t nerf base skills that haven’t been changed since released.

To play devil’s advocate, when RaO was initially changed to a 60 second cooldown, it was also changed to a shout, which allowed you to further decrease its cooldown through trating. So, now if you have it traited, it’s boon to cd ratio is as it was at launch; if you have it untraited, it’s boon to cd ratio is worse than at launch. However, the functionality gained by WHaO, in conjunction with RaO and fortifying bond, allowed for incredibly easy might stacking, which is why it was nerfed.

I am not supporting these changes, just giving you perspective onto why they were done.

Stormbluff Isle

in Ranger

bloodpyrope.8630

To play devil’s advocate, when RaO was initially changed to a 60 second cooldown, it was also changed to a shout, which allowed you to further decrease its cooldown through trating. So, now if you have it traited, it’s boon to cd ratio is as it was at launch; if you have it untraited, it’s boon to cd ratio is worse than at launch. However, the functionality gained by WHaO, in conjunction with RaO and fortifying bond, allowed for incredibly easy might stacking, which is why it was nerfed.

I am not supporting these changes, just giving you perspective onto why they were done.

All fair points, but remember RaO change to shout were made way before druids were even a thing. It sat through months of being fine before HoT was released. Then sat through all 4 seasons of leagues as well.

I still remember when rangers were pretty much pingpong balls because we had such terrible access to stab and on a 2 minute cooldown as well. I can see why they would want to nerf how often we can get access to stab, but when we do pop the skill, the duration shouldn’t be changed. kitten it’s like 2 more seconds.

Not to mention it’s just bad balancing to balance around a CD reduction trait. It pretty much then pigeonholes you into needing to take that trait instead of any of the competing ones.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

Ya ,seems unjustified but not completely unworkable.

in Ranger

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Zero reason for this nerf and it’s basically screwing more with zerker Ranger, which REALLY doesn’t need the nerf.

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Ya it got recharge nerfed along with WHaO because they are shouts and celestial shout druids were the ones being pitchfork-mobbed. I hate SotP, seriously I’ve been interrupted upto 3 times back to back trying to cast that kitten thing. The sad part being is that the interrupts were just random spam everything on op druid and hope it dies scenario.

in Ranger

Posted by: beatthedown.2651

beatthedown.2651

Some nerfs are justified but this one just proves that anet has no clue what ranger desperately needs. Safestomps or cleave. Ranger has none of that. Ressing in sPvP is already out of hand, so you take away more Stability? And good luck vs. Mace Condi Warr…

As a Solo/Duo Roaming class Ranger is neat, but I rather play power Mesmer right now since stomping in outnumbered fights is already frustrating. You have quite a bit of stealth but this one can be countered easily.

Give us some options here. There are sooo many core traits that suck monkeyballs. Why no insert some Stability ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Lanaja.6718

Lanaja.6718

I’m really annoyed after this update. The viper condi (axe/torch-shortbow for example) is now completely useless for raids. Of course, if you are full heal everything is going to be more smooth in raids, but if I compare the damage output to a viper-necro a viper-ranger becomes quite useless with the nerfed healing (patch has reduced the base healing power, but increased healing-power contribution, that is only good for full heal).

Not enough damage in comparison to other condis and now also not enough healing to give groups a reason to choose a viper-druid.

It’s so sad, after years the ranger finally had a few builds the people really wanted in their groups and now there stays again only one functionality, the healer. Great. (kitten , viperranger was so fun to play…WHYYYYYYY????)

Of course I’m not a pro and there might be other ways for the ranger but I don’t see it in raids right now.

I dream of a great beastmaster-elite spec. Something that really only a ranger-profession can provide. Maybe more pets at once with stampedes as skill, more mighty boons over F2 for groups and so on….well, wouldn’t that be great to finally really have a beastmaster? :-)

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I’m really annoyed after this update. The viper condi (axe/torch-shortbow for example) is now completely useless for raids. Of course, if you are full heal everything is going to be more smooth in raids, but if I compare the damage output to a viper-necro a viper-ranger becomes quite useless with the nerfed healing (patch has reduced the base healing power, but increased healing-power contribution, that is only good for full heal).

Not enough damage in comparison to other condis and now also not enough healing to give groups a reason to choose a viper-druid.

It’s so sad, after years the ranger finally had a few builds the people really wanted in their groups and now there stays again only one functionality, the healer. Great. (kitten , viperranger was so fun to play…WHYYYYYYY????)

Of course I’m not a pro and there might be other ways for the ranger but I don’t see it in raids right now.

I dream of a great beastmaster-elite spec. Something that really only a ranger-profession can provide. Maybe more pets at once with stampedes as skill, more mighty boons over F2 for groups and so on….well, wouldn’t that be great to finally really have a beastmaster? :-)

Our condi damage is top of the class when you drop Druid, going condi on Druid is more to bring some off healing + GotL buff while not forfeiting all your damage.

Also, a beast master elite spec with “minions” (pets) would be my dream.

in Ranger

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

If ANet skills team sees too many players running the same utility slot (SotP), they nerf it. If ANet skills team sees no players running it, it gets buffed. This has been the mode of operations for changes for 2+ years now.

This general rule applies to all classes and even pours over to traits. It’s taken in a vacuum to an extent and only applies to single class changes.

By the way, SotP change is still 2 years behind Signet of Rage / Warriors cooldown nerf so don’t think it’s not ANet’s first time at the shooting gallery.

What seems to have changed in ANet’s mentality is Druid was supposed to be the focused healing class for (HoT) raiding but they made the cooldown nerf for Celestial Avatar game wide because of Druidic Clarity and Celestial Shadow (when those two traits probably should have been nerfed instead).