SPvP Druid Build

SPvP Druid Build

in Ranger

Posted by: Nick.7621

Nick.7621

Variation from ROM’s sPvP build. Good damage, good cc, good mobility, good sustain. Countered by condition pressure when leaving celestial form.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJARWnUqAVsilsCOsActgl/AD+s+WvrLvuMQA4JN8DGelMtzA-TZRHABE8IAYZ/BsLDAwRAQgLAAA

Pack runes, Two Handed Training, and Clarion Bond synergize extremely well with Remorseless since every time you get a fury boon proc you get: Opening Strike, Alpha Training, and Precise Strike. Because you have constant fury application you will stack an easy 20-25 vulnerability. If properly combined with CC you can do an upward to 80% (or 100-105% more depending on the vulnerability stacks) more damage which is massive with Maul. I would recommend you Hilt Bash pet swap to proc Clarion Bond (for the fury to get opening strike) and then using Maul. Because of the constant fury application there is no need to run Intelligence runes on your great sword.

Advanced tips:

Staff 5 is a water field, you can blast it with staff 3, leap through it with great sword 3, or you can blast on pet swap due to Clarion Bond trait.

Try using Glyph of the Tides and using staff 4 to CC people off point and immobilizing them (I would recommend doing this after they use a stun break).

Glyph of Equality has no cast time, therefore you are able to proc it mid any animation.

The third great sword auto attack is an evade and you can cancel it mid attack by sheaving it, once unsheaving the auto attack 3 will commence, you can do this up to 3 times if timed correctly giving you 3 evades.

Use Strength of the Pack when using Celestial Avatar Form for the stability so you can proc your heals.

I could go on and on about the use of this build, but you will learn when playing it.

-Mortal Wombat X

(edited by Nick.7621)

SPvP Druid Build

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Very nice build , one suggestion putting sigil of intelligence on the GS .
i know the Gs and the fury means you’d get a Crit from the opening strike but if you want any follow up attacks to be crits you won’t get that extra damage in making the most of the Crusader amulets furosity damage.

opening with Hilt bash or maul is covered by opening strikes but the second is not which can effect quite a bit of damage , if you have to open with Hilt bash after a CC.

plus then opening with a Maul means it will crit pretty much everyone it hits with intelligence or atleast allow a follow up crit cleave.

SPvP Druid Build

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Very nice build , one suggestion putting sigil of intelligence on the GS .
i know the Gs and the fury means you’d get a Crit from the opening strike but if you want any follow up attacks to be crits you won’t get that extra damage in making the most of the Crusader amulets furosity damage.

opening with Hilt bash or maul is covered by opening strikes but the second is not which can effect quite a bit of damage , if you have to open with Hilt bash after a CC.

plus then opening with a Maul means it will crit pretty much everyone it hits with intelligence or atleast allow a follow up crit cleave.

I’d take intelligence and that quickness sigil.

Leeching steals (pun harhar) a crit from intelligence sigil I think and an extra dodge, on a weapon stacked with evades and blocks, is probably not needed.

SPvP Druid Build

in Ranger

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Is there a particular reason you chose Bristleback?

SPvP Druid Build

in Ranger

Posted by: LegallyBinding.4937

LegallyBinding.4937

I use a similar but tankier build for my Druid. Also, I think Zephyr’s speed is much better than Beastly Warden in most situations. The quickness works very well with staff auto and can help you stomp, rez, and get stability on in a pinch.

SPvP Druid Build

in Ranger

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

Mistsim posted a similar build ages ago:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/MoC-Druid-pvp/first#post5758909

Though in his case he used hydromancy sigils and the daze on staff swap to proc Ancient Seeds. It worked pretty nicely, but conditions destroy you and you don’t even have a high health pool to cushion you from the condi damage.

I sort of gave up on that after dying one too many times against condi heralds, but it’s probably one of the druid build that I find semi-fun to play.