Sad Beastmarster Druid

Sad Beastmarster Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

It saddens me a bit that the very mechanic that I rely the most on, is often broken, unreliable and and miss often – the pet.

Just to make some examples…

The pet is my heaviest DPS that I have, (since I’m not only a beastmaster but also Druid) Recently the smokescake was destroyed – again. It was awsome before the last change. Time to change pet – again, back to some of the old pets.

Many of the new pets are broken:

Both new wyverns have too slow AA and tail swipe – wich makes the miss.

Fire wyvern misses due to not taking target, with it should do. It also has a slow cast time wich also makes it miss.

Bristleback: Misses due to broken projectile mechanic.

An Electric Wyvern that dont even fly and misses targets. That pet would have been better as a dolyak (or other horned, headbutting creature) due to its mechanic. It too misses its target due to the electric field being centered around the pet. When the pet charges it often run PAST its enemy and the field ends up missing compleatly.

I had hopes for pet AI to be updated with HoT to be in par with our new enemies, to e able to actually hit targets, to hit YELLOW targets (such as doors etc). But no…

The synergy between the skills and Traits and the pets is very poor, at least when it comes to druid. and Druid is still a pet class.

Pets names till dont save…..

Any other Beastmasters that feel left out out there?

Kima & Co

(edited by Frostfang.5109)

Sad Beastmarster Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

It saddens me a bit that the very mechanic that I rely the most on, is often broken, unreliable and and miss often – the pet.

Just to make some examples…

The pet is my heaviest DPS that I have, (since I’m not only a beastmaster but also Druid) Recently the smokescake was destroyed – again. It was awsome before the last change. Time to change pet – again, back to some of the old pets.

Many of the new pets are broken:

Both new wyverns have too slow AA and tail swipe – wich makes the miss.

Fire wyvern misses due to not taking target, with it should do. It also has a slow cast time wich also makes it miss.

Bristleback: Misses due to broken projectile mechanic.

An Electric Wyvern that dont even fly. That pet would have been better as a dolyak (or other horned, headbutting creature) due to its mechanic. It looks awsome and have a working mechanic why i actually use it, despite it being a bit odd.

I had hopes for pet AI to be updated with HoT to be in par with our new enemies, to e able to actually hit targets, to hit YELLOW targets (such as doors etc). But no…

The synergy between the skills and Traits and the pets is very poor, at least when it comes to druid. and Druid is still a pet class.

Pets names till dont save…..

Any other Beastmasters that feel left out out there?

Same boat.

Same problems.

Same disregard for all of us who have been waiting for fixes and new pets, both of which are huge disappointments.

Don’t count on your pet in PvP or WvW… PvE is where you will shine now and nowhere else.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Sad Beastmarster Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I’m playing a beastmaster druid too . . . and I feel exactly the opposite about the Smokescale. I guess your mileage may vary . . . or something. . . .

As far as the other pets? Yeah, the wyverns just suck. No getting around that. Slow, clunky, bugged. The bristleback tends to miss if the target is either on a higher or lower plane, so that’s a wash too.

Either way, I’m still happy with my pet and my class. Not as happy as I could be, but as a ranger I’m used to it.

That might be telling though.

Gone to Reddit.

Sad Beastmarster Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

bump !
Totally agreeing.
All these issiues are requested since launch.
Plus: Make the pet controllable for the ranger please Anet we are begging you for 3 YEARS!

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

Sad Beastmarster Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

in case of fire wyvern I like it the way it works now – sure you have to be aware of where wyvern is before smashing f2 but it also allows you to set that fire field wherever else instead of ontop of that guy I happen to atack right now…

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Sad Beastmarster Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

I named my fire wyvern “Nearsighted” b/c no matter where he is when I hit F2, he always drops the fire field on top of me instead of the mob he was attacking.

Headdesk

Sad Beastmarster Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

I stayed out of the druid thingy and kept up with a beastmaster build. It seem that the new pet are subpar so I just kept my good ol’cats and this work just fine. So yeah, Pet UI need work and new pets need balance.

I still want them to allow us to be able to disable some of our pet’s skill but honestly I’m satisfy by the huge buf to survivability in PvE.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Sad Beastmarster Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Electric Wyvern
CC pet. Wing Buffet and Lightning Assault, which leaves a Lightning Field, which can be leaped through for more CC.

Bristleback
Ranged sustained damage pet. Don’t use F2, it’s broken. Just let it do its thing.

Smoke Scale
all-round utility pet. on-demand Smoke Field, gap closer with burst and 1s knockdown on 20s cooldown (canines have 2s knockdown on 40s cooldown).

Tiger
DPS pet. No CC at all however.

Fire Wyvern
Bit of a mess. on-demand Fire Field + some CC.

Sad Beastmarster Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: LegallyBinding.4937

LegallyBinding.4937

Yea Beastmaster feels pretty lame now. Only Smokescale did decent burst damage before its more recent nerf (“change”). Cats still are pretty good but die so fast in PvP they are hard to use.

Wyverns and Bristleback are unusuable in PvP because of poor mechanical implementation.

Sad Beastmarster Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: naediian.8569

naediian.8569

I’m with you guys…

After the recent change to smokescale (nerf) and the lack luster effort to fix pets, I’ve pretty much given up hope on Ranger. Decided to throw in the towel and play another class until they fix pets (and i’m not holding my breath).

Sad Beastmarster Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

The first problem is you are relying on the AI. In the best case scenario it can only account for 30% percent of your potential dps. I run the BM line in my build and my pets (smoke scale and bristle back) are amazing.

I run a zerker set up with Druid and skirmishing as my two other lines. I can easily break bar most champs when soloing and my pets can dish-out pretty good damage and tank at the same time.

For PvP these two pets have replaced my k9’s. With ancient seeds its gg. With the burst of my pets and myself only Guardians and Warriors have a chance of surviving a second set up.

The second problem is if you bought into the idea that healing is actually doing something. If your out putting 1million in heals with a healer build you miss the opportunity to deal almost twice that in damage. Healing doesn’t affect reviving or rallying. A well timed stomp or revive can trump a half a million worth of healing.

It comes down to how you use your pet and whether you augment or support them. To say x pet doesn’t cc whatsoever when you have traits like beastly warden that would allow it to taut every 15 seconds, is an example of not supporting or augmenting your pet.

Which is fine ,but if dps is a top priority and cc is low: its stands to reason your build maybe lacking in the cc department.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

Sad Beastmarster Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: terrorshard.3854

terrorshard.3854

smokescale was awesome….hate this change…

Sad Beastmarster Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

(laugh) Poor Irenio. He must be pulling his hair out now. Just can’t win. That’s said, I love the smokescale now. Kills better than ever and faster.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Sad Beastmarster Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Rap Tiger.1257

Rap Tiger.1257

Well They nerf this pet attacking skill 3 Also Took me 8K in just reloaded this attack in 30s, not my wolf and leopard Took much the same damage to “sic”, signet wild and beastmaster.Smoke Scale was very strong that way and any ranger no finger can bring down the other, especially with druid healing quickly

Sad Beastmarster Druid

in Ranger

Frostfang.5109

Plz, anet. give our pet useful skills that actually hit the target, at least most of the time.

Kima & Co

Sad Beastmarster Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

The gave you the ability to immobi for 5 sec every 10 seconds, what more do you need?

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

Sad Beastmarster Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

i get a lot of use out of the wyverns, i find them to be quite adequate tanky pets. they are clumsy with their attacks, but the wing beat really pays off when it does hit.

I wish Fire Wyvern f2 was any use at all though

Ranged sustained damage pet. Don’t use F2, it’s broken. Just let it do its thing.

Bristleback F2 is wonderful for Strength of the Pack…

Sad Beastmarster Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

I’ve started using the Electric Wyvern in PvP on Druid. Love this thing. It works best if you approach your foe at a 30 degree angle so the pet ends up behind your foe. You can also start by dodge rolling straight through them, if you like to b-line your enemy. The wyvern charge is insta-cast so you can have it plow through them—from behind—at just the right time, if you are crafty. Pets work best if you can get your opponent between you and them.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Sad Beastmarster Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

Wish Wyverns were working. They are the best looking ascetically. D;

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

Sad Beastmarster Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

They are working. Probably not the way you like, though. Stick with cats.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Sad Beastmarster Druid

in Ranger

Frostfang.5109

Cats (and birds) are too squishy IMO… thats why I prefer drakes or something similar in most cases. Also its is fun to actually have some aesteticly cool pet. Cats are just – cats.

And I don’t agree with that wyverns are working. If they did, they would hit their targets far more often.

Kima & Co

Sad Beastmarster Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: blastroderm.6581

blastroderm.6581

Wait, they need the smokescale :/. kitten I was looking forward to getting one.