Sand Lion

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Found the Sand Lion on the east edge of the map next to the road.

Attachments:

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

A pulsing blind, damaging roar, that’s half the cast speed of the Jungle Stalker. Oh, dear lord – please update the Jungle Stalker’s F2 Anet!

Looks cool. I need to jump in right now to get it. Thanks for the info!

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

A pulsing AoE blind that does quite a bit of damage… that’s really good.

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Posted by: Dragon.4782

Dragon.4782

Now to find the cheetah and rock gazelle!

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Let me update. After trying it, the CD feels way too long and the blind pulses happen too quickly to be worth it. The damage is actually subpar. Not a good pet in its current state.

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Seems all right to me. Only able to test it in the PvE demo map where mobs hit once every second or so.

This would be more suitable against rapid, multi-hit attacks from opponents in PvP/WvW and to help a bit securing a stomp.

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

CD is way too long.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Unless you’re hitting a group, this doesn’t seem much better than the bird blind to be honest.

Birds are also going to be much better in BM since their Swoop skill is listed as 1200 range which is a massive gap closer if that’s accurate and actually moves our body to the target.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

CD is way too long.

Agreed. Reducing it down to 20s or 25s would be better.

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Posted by: Adenin.5973

Adenin.5973

Unfortunately not tamable…

Attachments:

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Off topic but I presume this beta works like HoTs and if you use transmutation charges or appearance kits, you will still have them on your main account?

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Adenin.5973

Off topic but I presume this beta works like HoTs and if you use transmutation charges or appearance kits, you will still have them on your main account?

That’s how it works

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I like the Sandlion, i think it’s F2 is super strong, but the CD seems really long, really wish it were 30s CD at most, not 35.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

It’s nice, but I don’t think it’s great. I’ll have to see how it performs on actual players.

I was looking at the combat log and trying it against various mobs, usually buffing it with Maul before using the F2.

The highest amount of damage it managed to pull off with a bit of Might and Maul buffed ( + Beast Mastery ) was 5.1k. That’s solid damage and all, and it’s nice that it blinds, but you can do the same with Tiger + just running a trait to give it Blind if you really want.

I suppose the benefit is in that it hits 3 times, and quickly, so it could be nice to prevent a succession of attacks. But I’m kind of underwhelmed to be honest. I agree that it needs a lower cooldown to be more appealing. Otherwise I’ll be sticking with Tiger.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Just a noob question, how do you guys access the new map?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Just a noob question, how do you guys access the new map?

You have to make a character on the 2 “demo” slots that appeared at the end of your regular characters.

The sand lion is odd. It feels like it might be decent for both PvE and PvP, but sort of niche. I’m glad it exists even if I might not use it.

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Posted by: borya.2964

borya.2964

Also the tooltip is wrong. The puslsing damaging roar deals 35 to 40 % at least less damage all the time whether the damage is increased / buffed or not. With 15 stacks of mights (warhorn + WaO), for exemple, you can’t expect more than 3 × 1450 whereas the tooltip says 3 × 2472 etc. So it can’t do critical hits for sure.

Coffin Rehearsal X – Bunker Roaming Ranger
Tchuu Tchuu Im A Train [TCHU] – Gandara
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChUmRHtHLgPckvtrPImxK3A

(edited by borya.2964)

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Is there any delay from pressing F2 to the application of the 1st blind?

ie any point using GFtE with Sand Lion?

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Also the tooltip is wrong. The puslsing damaging roar deals 35 to 40 % at least less damage all the time whether the damage is increased / buffed or not. With 15 stacks of mights (warhorn + WaO), for exemple, you can’t expect more than 3 × 1450 whereas the tooltip says 3 × 2472 etc. So it can’t do critical hits for sure.

When a tooltip says 3x 2472, that’s three strikes totaling 2472, not three strikes of 2472.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Sand Lion

in Ranger

borya.2964

It’s 3 puslsing damaging roars with something like a 1/2 sec interval, each hit applies one stack of blind (it means that the mob can left the 300 range after the first hit, so it will only be 1 hit + 1 blind). The fisrt pulse begin at the end of the activation time, 1 1/2 sec.

Sand Lion

in Ranger

borya.2964

When a tooltip says 3x 2472, that’s three strikes totaling 2472, not three strikes of 2472.

Nope.

Edit : I mean yes, ineed you’re right.

(edited by borya.2964)

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

It’s 3 puslsing damaging roars with something like a 1/2 sec interval, each hit applies one stack of blind (it means that the mob can left the 300 range after the first hit, so it will only be 1 hit + 1 blind). The fisrt pulse begin at the end of the activation time, 1 1/2 sec.

I think GFtE applies immediately upon using F2 so that is actually pretty cool, 4 applications of blind in 3s could be pretty handy. We shall see.

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Nope.

He’s right man, otherwise my Whirling Defense is doing 101,520 damage haha!

Edit: Oh I saw your edit.

Sand Lion

in Ranger

borya.2964

And i did an another mistake : the 1, 1/2 on the tool tip is the channel activation time so it’s 3 pulsing hits during 1, 1/2 sec, so yes the first hit is almost instant i would say.

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

And i did an another mistake : the 1, 1/2 on the tool tip is the channel activation time so it’s 3 pulsing hits during 1, 1/2 sec, so yes the first hit is almost instant i would say.

Well, it will combine nicely with Companion’s Might and Sharpened Edges in any case.

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Posted by: Dragon.4782

Dragon.4782

That is one massive gazelle, i dare say it is a Kudu.

For those that don’t know gazelles are actually super small irl with some growing no heavier than the average domestic dog. Kudus though are relatives of gazelles that are the size of deers and/or elks depending on what type of kudu we are talking about.

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Where is the pic of the actual lion tho? :P I am just as interested in that.

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Adenin.5973

Attachments:

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Kewl.

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Ok, so the Sandlion is able to hit more than one target (their F2), which makes it unique among cats, and the blind is pretty nice. However, I bring cats for their superior single target damage (and buffs), so I still think the F2 cd is too long for Sandlions.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

(edited by OGDeadHead.8326)

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Ive also noticed a wierd behavior. When something goes behind them ive sometimes seen it actively TURNING. Basically rooting it in place doing nothing for a few seconds while it adjusts then starts moving again. Havnt seen this behavior in other pets.

Ghost Yak

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Vavume.8065

Thankyou, I’m hoping it looks better in game because it almost looks like its made from rock in that screenshot.

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Thankyou, I’m hoping it looks better in game because it almost looks like its made from rock in that screenshot.

I think that’s the intention. It’s not a lion that lives in the sand, it’s a lion made out of sand. The pet looks very rocky.

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Actually Sand Lion is better than I thought.

The activation is alot faster than I thought, damage is decent, and it pulses blind 3 times.

I can see some good usage in PVP.

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Vavume.8065

I think that’s the intention. It’s not a lion that lives in the sand, it’s a lion made out of sand. The pet looks very rocky.

Yeah that makes sense, it’s a pity tho, I wanted a proper Lion

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

There are sand lions cub in the demo map, and they look like complete normal lions. So I dunno.

The cooldown on the F2 is a tad too long.

Sand Lion

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

There are sand lions cub in the demo map, and they look like complete normal lions. So I dunno.

That’s what I was referring to. They look like they’re made out of sand/rock and not flesh. The other cats we have all use basically the same model with different colors, the sand lions’ have a new one which is very sharp, jagged, and shiny.