Scrapper Gyro Vs. Spirits

in Ranger

Posted by: Elenire.7306

Elenire.7306

What does everything think on the scrapper gryos compared to ranger spirits?

Elenire Manyshot – Dragonbrand Ranger
Band of Exiles [BoE]

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

Beyond “they’re both bad”, does it really matter?

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

No one saw this thread coming.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

Gyros are delicious. Not big on alcohol, though.

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

That’s not entirely true because of the Engi toolbelt mechanic. While some of the gyros alone seem “meh”, a few of them actually bring some cool toolbelt utility to tack on to their basic function.

in Ranger

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

they are both worthless if the gyros are as easily killable by stray cleave or aoe as spirits are. that remains to be seen.

in terms of pure utility, the gyros supposed move intelligently…

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

No one saw this thread coming.

Excuse me sir, my sarcasm detector seems to be broken. Can I borrow yours?

Also, @thread….

- Gyros can move, some can’t. They have a limited duration (15 seconds or less). They all have the same kill skill. They have substantial health. Can be targeted and killed. Attacks enemies or Buffs players. (also has different tool belt skills)

- Minions can move, have an infinite duration. They have different kill skills. They have enough health and armor to take a few hits. Can be targeted and killed. Attacks enemies.

- Banners can be picked up and moved. They have a limited duration. They have no kill skill. They have no health and last until the duration ends. Can’t be targeted. Buffs players.

- Spirits (Current) can’t move. They have a limited duration (60 seconds). They have different kill skills. They have low health and little armor, and could be traited to take a hit or two. Can be targeted and killed. Buffs players.

- Spirits (Past) could move if traited. Have an “infinite” duration (could be summoned immediately after 60 second duration ended, except elite). Their unique skills could be used repeatedly after cooldowns and were not kill skills. They have low health and little armor, and could be traited to take a hit or two. Can be targeted and killed. Buffs players.

- For all, Kill skills either attacks enemies or buffs players.

They all have positives and negatives, except Banners, which seem to be better than all of them. Personally, I would prefer the old Spirits to all of them.

(edited by Chrispy.5641)

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

That’s not entirely true because of the Engi toolbelt mechanic. While some of the gyros alone seem “meh”, a few of them actually bring some cool toolbelt utility to tack on to their basic function.

Engineers can’t afford to bring a meh utility for a half decent toolbelt skill. Our utilities are already in too high demand, since we need them for weapon swap as well as everything else.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

If just Spirits’ Cast Times actives were instant and would apply the effect on death – I’d find them viable.
Now they can be fine if the enemy is bad or will be useless if your enemy uses both of his eyes.

Also, I hate ANet for stealth-nerfing them. From everything I can get over with – I can’t stand stealth-nerfing. If I’m getting nerfed (unfairly) I have to know about it. keeping it to themselves is the highest level of toxic nature I hoped I’ll not suffer from in this game after it made me leave WoW several years ago.

I believe Gyros will be better since they were designed as an Elite spec (meaning they’ll buff it if it sux) rather than already luckluster abilities that got nerfed with pre-HoT patches (thanks Anet).

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

Engineers can’t afford to bring a meh utility for a half decent toolbelt skill. Our utilities are already in too high demand, since we need them for weapon swap as well as everything else.

I’m not indicating that they’re must haves, but that doesn’t mean they’re bad. Bulwark and and Shredder could see some really good application in certain areas.

in Ranger

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

All i see, they destroyed spirit ranger to create Scrapper Gyro’s, GG anet you don’t surprise me any more.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in Ranger

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

To put it simply they are totally different.

Spirit are unmovable passive minion with an active that you barely use. Passive effect depend of what the allie do.

Gyro are following minions which are more valuable for their tool belt skill or their Nature’s vengeance equivalent trait. Passive effect do not need the allie to do anything at all (look more like a signet passive effect).

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.