Search & Rescue - The new F5

in Ranger

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

Search and Rescue should not be a utility skill but a pet skill F5!

The ranger’s pets should have this skill as default. It should work like the F2 skill with appropriate cool down time and be trait-able through the Beastmastery tree.
As it is now, you occupy 1/3 of the skill slots available for a skill that has a cool down time of 85 seconds and doesn’t benefit the ranger at all! Also the pet revive at a considerably slower pace than players. The revive should be at the same level and pace as a player.

The ranger needs some profession specific skills that make them stand out, in a good way. Not being an unwanted profession in groups. There are many posts in the forum describing groups kicking rangers because of lack of contribution. However I totally disagree that rangers are a total waste in groups. We can contribute with a lot if played right. But we do need some love and fixing.

I strongly believe making Search and Rescue to a pet F-skill would do a lot for the rangers in groups. It’s a skill that doesn’t benefit the ranger directly at all. It only buffs the group’s survivability. Therefore making it to a pet F-skill wouldn’t make the ranger overpowered. I also believe it’s a simple procedure for the devs to implement this new feature.

I hope Anet read this!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: WeWantWaffles.2873

WeWantWaffles.2873

That sounds kinda nice. But I could be happy with it as a utility skill if only:
- The cooldown wasn’t a minute and a half. Even if it was 10 seconds it would have limited uses
- The pet didn’t bug out so much; it often runs up to the body and stands there doing nothing.
- The revive rate was boosted a bit more. I know it gained a bonus, but I didn’t feel it.

A combination of those three would have me use it, and even then, in general pve it’s not something you’ll commonly need. Seems awfully limited for a guild wars 2 skill :)

in Ranger

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

they did nothing to address shouts this patch.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in Ranger

Posted by: Pneg.7302

Pneg.7302

I think a lot of the current pet-related issues are due to not only the lack of a reliable AI, but also the lack of letting the Ranger control the pet in a more specific manner. Things working like your suggestion, to some extent, “Guard!” and so on should really just be more F"x"-commands.
But I really dont think that this would be balanced unless it was a Grandmaster Trait in the Beastmastery-tree. It would fit great there in my opinion:

“Search and Rescue”

Adds a “Revive”-command to your pet. 60 sec cooldown..

Think of this as a way to avoid having to spend your precious Utility-slots on something that isn’t even close to being a reliable skill with a cooldown of 85 sec untraited.

(edited by Pneg.7302)

in Ranger

Posted by: AlexRD.7914

AlexRD.7914

While i totally agree with the OP, you guys that are saying that the revive rate needs to be buffed are wrong.
The revive rate has been increased by at least 100%. How many of you know, there was a delay between the actual patch and the patch notes. Seeing that the patch notes stated that search and rescue was going to get buffed ( and i i always like to know by how much ), i tested it out on someone fully dead and it took him about 60 seconds to get fully revived.

After the patch, it took my pet 30 seconds for him to revive a fully dead person.
If that’s not a good buff, then i don’t know what is.

in Ranger

Posted by: raptor.1064

raptor.1064

It’s not a good buff because S&R is still a waste of a skill slot, making it suck slightly less doesn’t help

in Ranger

Posted by: Pneg.7302

Pneg.7302

It’s not a good buff because S&R is still a waste of a skill slot, making it suck slightly less doesn’t help

Read my post!

in Ranger

Posted by: Reggie.2481

Reggie.2481

with the beastmastery trait that gives pet improved healing, not sure if that influences it, and 30 in beastmastery my pet revive heal ticks for over 1k. Its a pretty fast revive.

Im not sure however. Wasn it before that when your pet was dead he still would revive ? I could swear if he gets killed during revive he doesnt rezz. Not sure if this was like that before.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ridgeblader.7135

Ridgeblader.7135

Im not sure however. Wasn it before that when your pet was dead he still would revive ? I could swear if he gets killed during revive he doesnt rezz. Not sure if this was like that before.

Fairly sure that if he dies during the revival you have to wait and pop skill 3 again to revive him and have him heal again.

However I have experienced times in PVE when I will call for my pet to revive me once I am down and he will run over and just stand there and do nothing. It may be a bug on the AI but it is painful.

My Brown Bear is my saviour though. He can take a crap load of damage which is great while he is reviving me and getting wailed on by some mob.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

False, both search and rescue and Sick’Em were buffed this patch, both of these shouts are now really hard for me to give up now…

@OP as much as I’m screaming yes at my computer I don’t think it’ll happen, it’d be to powerful for a ranger to be able to super Rez someone/ Rez 2 people simultaneously without a single draw back.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

False, both search and rescue and Sick’Em were buffed this patch, both of these shouts are now really hard for me to give up now…

@OP as much as I’m screaming yes at my computer I don’t think it’ll happen, it’d be to powerful for a ranger to be able to super Rez someone/ Rez 2 people simultaneously without a single draw back.

Being a ranger isn’t drawback enough?

in Ranger

Posted by: Batlav.6318

Batlav.6318

not benefiting the ranger oO revive is to help your team not to benefit from it
If all are dead the ranger is next u know ?
and other classes also need to swap 1 of 3 for revive also so…

SFR

in Ranger

Posted by: Zeoli.3402

Zeoli.3402

To be honest, It would be nice to see the ability to slot a F5 shout, so we would have to choose one of them and would not have access to the others. which would make the choice an interesting one. however this would mean that we would need more skills…. which may not be a bad thing seeing as we lack any utility defend button (excluding signet of stone with traits)

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

To be honest, It would be nice to see the ability to slot a F5 shout, so we would have to choose one of them and would not have access to the others. which would make the choice an interesting one. however this would mean that we would need more skills…. which may not be a bad thing seeing as we lack any utility defend button (excluding signet of stone with traits)

Protect me is one of the best defensive utilities out there, granted its probably animal abuse, but still!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna