Search and Rescue

Search and Rescue

in Ranger

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

Search and Rescue is a great skill, its really useful to run in WvW especially when a commander is being pin sniped or an ally goes down you can just search and rescue that person from range, pull them to you and res them.

The one thing I dislike about this skill is the range. The range on the skill is 600 while this range is perfectly fine for sPvP but when you come to WvW the 600 range on Search and Rescue feels to little.

I have talked to many druids and also in my personal opinion the range on Search and Rescue when you come to WvW should be 900 since 600 is too little and 1200 would be too much.

900 range in WvW would be balanced because there is a lot of range pressure. You have eles, necros, guards, revenants, etc with strong dps range weapons. Having 900 range on search and rescue will only feel too much and unbalanced solely in sPvP since teams/players runs a lot more melee weapons than range while in WvW you have both range and melee so I think range on Search and Rescue in WvW should be 900.

Search and Rescue

in Ranger

Posted by: Xia.4530

Xia.4530

Have 300 more range would make the skill a lot more viable in WvW. I also think making the skill focus downed party/squad members before randoms would help a lot. I run the ability in WvW and it is very annoying when I use it to rez a squad mate and instead I pull some random.

Search and Rescue

in Ranger

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

I’m sure that random appreciates it.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

Search and Rescue

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

S&R was destroyed by the incompetent that nerfed that skill, same with most of the double nerfs this profession suffered.

Range and CD wich made the skill absolutely trash to any gamemode (even raids..)

But exactly that is being going on with the ranger from launch.

I’m sure that random appreciates it.

~ Kovu

That’s the idea to change the general perception of the profession.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

(edited by anduriell.6280)

Search and Rescue

in Ranger

Posted by: Prime Shock.9386

Prime Shock.9386

How about a different direction,
- Reduced the cooldown to 20 or 30 seconds base
- Pet enters a defensive stance for a small amount of time, ie it stops attacking
- Pet will pulse heal to downed allies while in said stance, 3-5% every 1-3 seconds for 10-12 seconds. Not sure where the limits should lie, I imagine something akin to reapers transfusion trait.
- Pet takes reduced damage from condi and power, ignores movement affecting conditions, but can be hard cc’ed out of the stance.
- Healing range is about 180-300 from the ranger. Again not sure of how much is too much.

The idea behind this change would be to bring it alongside the necro transfusion trait. It heals a total of 18% over 9 pulses quite quickly. While this change would result in a higher heal over a longer period of time. The short cooldown makes it more enticing for healers to bring, while the pet still remains vulnerable.

Search and Rescue

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

How about a different direction,
- Reduced the cooldown to 20 or 30 seconds base
- Pet enters a defensive stance for a small amount of time, ie it stops attacking
- Pet will pulse heal to downed allies while in said stance, 3-5% every 1-3 seconds for 10-12 seconds. Not sure where the limits should lie, I imagine something akin to reapers transfusion trait.
- Pet takes reduced damage from condi and power, ignores movement affecting conditions, but can be hard cc’ed out of the stance.
- Healing range is about 180-300 from the ranger. Again not sure of how much is too much.

The idea behind this change would be to bring it alongside the necro transfusion trait. It heals a total of 18% over 9 pulses quite quickly. While this change would result in a higher heal over a longer period of time. The short cooldown makes it more enticing for healers to bring, while the pet still remains vulnerable.

What about this:

• pet’s take the ally closest to your target and teleport to you.
  • The pet ressing is not like full speed like now, but while on combat, so it takes longer for the pet to resurrect alone that it would be done for another player.
  • range go back to 1200 or remove it completely.
  • CD in 60.
  • goes to elite slot.
  • strength of the pack reduce CD base to 45 seconds and reduce effect to 6 seconds instead 9. Goes to the utility slot.

Now we have a reason to use S&R because is useful and the ranger gets a half decent way to get stab. With all the CC all the classes are spamming right now the absolute lack of stability cringe my gears….

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!