"Search and rescue" i like it

in Ranger

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

So i was doing some pvp, battle of kyhlo, and i was on close. My team m8 went down on mid so i gs3 leap and staff 3 to the clocktower. Im standing downstairs outside and press search and rescue and my team m8 instantly teleported to me for a ress.

Awesome skill, saved many lifes today

in Ranger

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

It’s like the pet becomes a super sayan pet and teleports anything close to 1200 range! So good.

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

in Ranger

Posted by: TheydonBois.9208

TheydonBois.9208

And made Allies Aid a useless trait in the process.

in Ranger

Posted by: WilnerGW.3275

WilnerGW.3275

But how will work the Allies Aid trait on nature magic?

You will start to revive you ally then it will…teleport him to you??

in Ranger

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

It would be cool if Allies Aid allowed you to just click on a downed player within 1200 range and activate Search and Rescue with Interact, much like Function Gyro does.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

It would be cool if Allies Aid allowed you to just click on a downed player within 1200 range and activate Search and Rescue with Interact, much like Function Gyro does.

I still think that double the revive speed on a 45 (36) cooldown is not really that bad at all.

Why should it get buffed more than this? This was pretty much a 95% buff to the trait. I don’t see a reason why should it get improved any further.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: WilnerGW.3275

WilnerGW.3275

I still think that double the revive speed on a 45 (36) cooldown is not really that bad at all.

Why should it get buffed more than this? This was pretty much a 95% buff to the trait. I don’t see a reason why should it get improved any further.

The shout was buffed, but the trait itself as it works is almost useless now.

I agree with you, maybe its not fair buff even more the shout. But the TRAIT itself needs a rework. Or just replace this trait by anything else…

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Probably…but I’m curious:

If 2 allies were downed and you targetted one that was a little ways away and then started rezzing the other, would it teleport the other ally to you as well?

And yea, if you’re already running S&R, this would be a completely redundant trait.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Probably…but I’m curious:

If 2 allies were downed and you targetted one that was a little ways away and then started rezzing the other, would it teleport the other ally to you as well?

And yea, if you’re already running S&R, this would be a completely redundant trait.

The description of the adept trait has not changed. As far as I can tell allies aid does the same thing it used to. Meaning it is useful in the exact same fashion it was before.

If someone would care to test it please do so. But from what I can tell its exactly the same as it was previously.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

IIRC the pet had to run to the downed player first, now it just appears and rezzes immediately.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

WoW, Search and rescue is amazing now.

in Ranger

Posted by: mambastik.8735

mambastik.8735

WoW, Search and rescue is amazing now.

‘Enemy mid-stomp’

yoink mine now! I love this skill so much.

But now we need to talk about Allies’ Aid. It’s still showing the old 60sec+ cooldown, and the teleport mechanic would be useless since you’re already standing on top of them reviving. Perhaps instead of Search and Rescue, it should be the other shouts like Guard! or Protect Me! instead?

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Allies’ Aid is still a useful trait. It has the same functionality as the old version, which means you can start to revive a player, stop, and start fighting while your pet does the rezzing. Or you can speed up the rez by continuing it with your ranger and pet together.

in Ranger

mambastik.8735

Allies’ Aid is still a useful trait. It has the same functionality as the old version, which means you can start to revive a player, stop, and start fighting while your pet does the rezzing. Or you can speed up the rez by continuing it with your ranger and pet together.

Yes agreed, still useful. However you lose 3/4 the functionality (no teleport, no regeneration, point-blank distance required vs. 1200) and… at double the cooldown? It doesn’t really make sense. I guess the only real pro is the +10% revive speed that the new S&R doesn’t have?

I mean, at an untraited 85 second cooldown, who would actually take this trait?

(edited by mambastik.8735)

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

I don’t really find myself needing to rez teammates very frequently so the 85 second cooldown isn’t that bad. The teleport functionality also isn’t needed since it activates when you begin rezzing.

Just because the shout it’s based on got buffed doesn’t mean the trait is suddenly useless. It’s exactly as useful as it use to be.

in Ranger

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

Gotta say, this is one of the few times when Anet hit a perfect balance for skills between PvP and PvE. Not only is this awesome for PvP, but I just finished running 70+ fractals with half the recommended AR spending the entire time spamming this off cooldown porting people away from fractal finishers.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Used it during a shatterer event where some ppl tend to drop like flies. The skill was used off cd during the whole event.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

mambastik.8735

I don’t really find myself needing to rez teammates very frequently so the 85 second cooldown isn’t that bad. The teleport functionality also isn’t needed since it activates when you begin rezzing.

Just because the shout it’s based on got buffed doesn’t mean the trait is suddenly useless. It’s exactly as useful as it use to be.

No argument here, it definitely is still useful. But it still doesn’t solve the problem of redundancy. You use S&R to teleport a downed ally, then when you begin reviving… you use S&R again? That’s a broken mechanic, simple as that.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

No argument here, it definitely is still useful. But it still doesn’t solve the problem of redundancy. You use S&R to teleport a downed ally, then when you begin reviving… you use S&R again? That’s a broken mechanic, simple as that.

It’s not a broken mechanic.
It was one of the most useful traits for sPvP when nobody used S&R.
Now the only thing that stays is cosmetic tooltip in traits and people consider it broken.

No, the trait doesn’t have to be the same functionality as the ability. It is a huge help in reviving a downed ally, thus in no need of further improvement.
If you think the mechanic is broken, think again. The most useful PvP trait in that tier got buffed by 95% (in terms of cooldown reduced) and you can’t suck it up because it doesn’t do anything flashy like the new S&R that fought it’s way into useful utility slot?

in Ranger

Posted by: Hepatolith.6389

Hepatolith.6389

It’s not a broken mechanic.
It was one of the most useful traits for sPvP when nobody used S&R.
Now the only thing that stays is cosmetic tooltip in traits and people consider it broken.

No, the trait doesn’t have to be the same functionality as the ability. It is a huge help in reviving a downed ally, thus in no need of further improvement.
If you think the mechanic is broken, think again. The most useful PvP trait in that tier got buffed by 95% (in terms of cooldown reduced) and you can’t suck it up because it doesn’t do anything flashy like the new S&R that fought it’s way into useful utility slot?

I think i understand where he comes from.
for example: your ally gets downed 900 Units away, you use search and rescue, your pet will port said ally to you and starts rezzing. now when YOU start rezzing as well having Allies’ aid traited you will use search and rescue again which will result in both being on CD and thus making Allies Aid kinda … just a 10% increased rezz Speed trait when using SaR before.
Note: i’m not saying the functionality of Allies’ Aid should be changed, but i think it should be looked at and changed to no activate the SaR of the trait if SaR shout is active already. (don’ know if something like that is possible, as i have no clue of coding.)

Cayline Oakheart, Ranger – Drakkar Lake
Covenant of Bloodthirst [IvsI],
Favorable Winds [Wind]

(edited by Hepatolith.6389)

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

I think i understand where he comes from.
for example: your ally gets downed 900 Units away, you use search and rescue, your pet will port said ally to you and starts rezzing. now when YOU start rezzing as well having Allies’ aid traited you will use search and rescue again which will result in both being on CD and thus making Allies Aid kinda … just a 10% increased rezz Speed trait when using SaR before.
Note: i’m not saying the functionality of Allies’ Aid should be changed, but i think it should be looked at and changed to no activate the SaR of the trait if SaR shout is active already. (don’ know if something like that is possible, as i have no clue of coding.)

Cooldowns are separated.

in Ranger

Hepatolith.6389

Cooldowns are separated.

You’ll still double cast it if you use SaR (shout) to port your ally to you and when you then start rezzing it will activate again (trait), which will result in both being on CD or am i mistaken?

Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Hepatolith.6389

Cooldowns are separated.

Yeah sure, but if i use the shout to port an ally to my Position and then start to rezz him myself alongside the pet, the trait will activate too which would result trait and shout being on CD or am i mistaken?

Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Cooldowns are separated.

Yeah sure, but if i use the shout to port an ally to my Position and then start to rezz him myself alongside the pet, the trait will activate too which would result trait and shout being on CD or am i mistaken?

Oh, you meant that one.
Yea, that is a nuisance. But then again, I didn’t find myself in this position often. My bad for not realizing your message on the 1st go.

Now I see your point. Yup, it’s a bad design.

in Ranger

Hepatolith.6389

Cooldowns are separated.

Oh, you meant that one.
Yea, that is a nuisance. But then again, I didn’t find myself in this position often. My bad for not realizing your message on the 1st go.

Now I see your point. Yup, it’s a bad design.

Yup, and that’s what this threat revolves around i guess, a bad design decision for rangers, so nothing we should be surprised about.

Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Yup, and that’s what this threat revolves around i guess, a bad design decision for rangers, so nothing we should be surprised about.

Well, yea. There’s too much of that kind of bad design that any more of it just adds another battery to the atomic bomb.
I guess I became kinda sterile to these jokes from ANet.