See fellow rangers? Don't give up!

in Ranger

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

I usually always play my ranger and it is troublesome that I still see people(especially rangers!) thinking our profession isn’t threatening to others. Quotes from enemy players who I skirmished in WvW from this weekend:

“Ran into a Longbow/Greatsword Ranger with Wolf Form about 7 times, was only able to kill him once I think. Was an IoJ ranger from [Prot], many are curious about your spec; nice job kiting!”

“IOJ is definitely where there fun has been! Taking a breather before tonight!!! I have a new hero…Ranger from IOJ <3”

“Yeah, I finally had to give up. Whatever you are doing, keep it up… you’re hard as kitten to catch/kill. After the first few fights, we were telling people in TS not to bother chasing you, that they would just end up alone and dead :p Good luck to you!”

“Ran into you one on one on Sunday morning while I was roaming and flipping camps. After Ho told everyone to stop chasing you I engaged you thinking, “Come on, it’s a ranger… He can’t be that good.” MAN WAS I MISTAKEN. It was a glorious 2 minute stalemate of blood and sweat and totally changed my views on the viability of rangers in WvW. I didn’t know bunker/CC rangers could be so annoyingly good! You’ve inspired me to go back to my ranger and try out the greatsword again.
Hopefully we’ll meet each other again out in the battlefield

Don’t give up! I finally developed and mastered (though i am still learning) a build I like playing. You can too!

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

in Ranger

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

/123456789101112131415

in Ranger

Joey.3928

lol not sure if sincere or trolling.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Bellocchi.4593

Bellocchi.4593

My RANGER is in the top percentage of all RANGER!
Well, gotta go show some other people how great my RANGER is!
See ya!

in Ranger

Joey.3928

Whatever guys

Just trying to offer motivation for others who may have given up or thought their ranger was useless.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Arekai.5698

Arekai.5698

If it’s praise, it’s trolling.

in Ranger

Posted by: zargnath.9524

zargnath.9524

Sounds really good mate. But how did you get your hands on these quotes? Also, would you like to share your build?

Also I’ve never seen the ranger as useless and don’t get what people are talking about. I definitely win more than 50% of my 1v1 in WvW.

Gnarl Blackfur – Charr ranger
Bob – Four legged shapeshifter
HeXagonis [HeX]

in Ranger

Joey.3928

Sounds really good mate. But how did you get your hands on these quotes? Also, would you like to share your build?

Also I’ve never seen the ranger as useless and don’t get what people are talking about. I definitely win more than 50% of my 1v1 in WvW.

It is in the WvW forum here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Jan-25th-DR-vs-EB-vs-IoJ/page/2

As far as my build, I use mostly cleric stats with some precision thrown into some of the accessories (forget which kind). I just changed over to runes of the flock though I might change that up again. Dual wolves with longbow/greatsword. protect me/QZ/and i usually swap out the third.

I try and outlast my enemy with my high toughness/healing power and good use of cc to prevent the enemy from healing. Two knockdowns, a knockback, a daze, a fear. I have weak condition removal, no aoe damage (besides barrage), pretty low crit chance, and minimal burst damage. So there are tradeoffs for sure, but that is my current choice!

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Stus.5327

Stus.5327

could you maybe use a build editor and post the link to it? I’m curious at how you’ve set your traits.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Whatever guys

Just trying to offer motivation for others who may have given up or thought their ranger was useless.

In general, the people here are nothing but know-it-alls; ready to condescend and shoot down ideas at a moment’s notice. It’s just like reddit where the hivemind shuts down thoughts, ideas, and people constantly—almost every other post too. If you have an idea, rather than talk about the positives, the goal in mind, or how you could make it work, a lot of times people just can’t wait—CAN’T WAIT— to shut you down, make you sound dumb, and in general boost their ego.

Don’t listen to them. They’re just jealous they never had a fine moment in combat. I for one applaud your efforts. Keep having fun and don’t let other people take their waste and dump it on your day.

You condescending writers out there…well, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves for dumping on someone’s 15 minutes of fame. I’m sorry you’re not the popular one right now. Maybe I should play the world’s smallest violin?

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

(edited by Chopps.5047)

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Its not that longbow rangers cant kill, its just that its inferior compared to other weapons. Mostly because stats dont scale as well with power/crit because our pet. Which is why ranger will never be able to run a glass cannon build as well as other classes. Gimped pet AI, low end damage weapon attacks ect…

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Its not that longbow rangers cant kill, its just that its inferior compared to other weapons. Mostly because stats dont scale as well with power/crit because our pet. Which is why ranger will never be able to run a glass cannon build as well as other classes. Gimped pet AI, low end damage weapon attacks ect…

Under what circumstances? When? How? Show me numbers that proves beyond a doubt how much more DPS another glass cannon does than a ranger.

What’s that? You haven’t done that? Then stop talking.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

lol not sure if sincere or trolling.

I never troll, but i’m never sincere o.O

in Ranger

Posted by: Sir Marcu.1530

Sir Marcu.1530

i bet if they brought back signet of poison for ranger it would get more respect lol.