Seed of Life (Verdant Etching)

in Ranger

Posted by: geekilo.8512

geekilo.8512

My point of view is from PVP. Does anyone else think Seed of Life should be a water field instead of a light field? Currently, if you use Seed of Life then Lunar Impact, you get aoe retaliation and it isn’t exactly something helpful in teamfight.

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

How long do those fields last again?

in Ranger

geekilo.8512

mhmm not sure, none on the tooltips. I think it lasts for like 1s

in Ranger

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

It’s really strong as a light field right now. Gives Druid and his/her team mates more access to condi removal.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand aoe Retal ain’t bad.

in Ranger

geekilo.8512

Remove 2 conditions just comes with the skill
But the RNG condition cleanse proc is so unreliable. Projectiles have 20% to proc a combo field.
If Seed of Life is a water field
You can use GS#3, Sword#2 to proc for extra heal instead of some useless light aura.
You can do CAF #2 + #3 for AOE heal instead of some passive gameplay light aura.
You don’t have to rely on others for water field whenever you’re in CAF.
The water field doesn’t last for very long (between 1s to 2s- please correct me if i’m wrong), you can be CC and the water field will go away before your CAF #3 comes in.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sulfarius.1756

Sulfarius.1756

Nah. If you want water fields you can use staff 5 or CA 4 if your allies need the field. Heck, if these aren’t enough you can even concider healing spring, it’s not too bad for team support but ofc missing out on the other heals can be a bit blegh.

Lightfield is good, I think druid has enough waterfield access already and having a lightfield gives us more options. Verdant etching just needs to go off sooner, it’s too delayed atm but other than that, it’s fine.

Edit: Also, you can press stow weapon to cancel the last tick of CA 4 and do lunar impact and you will blast the water field, because the field lingers. Doesn’t work when you finish the channel. It’s a bit iffy, but it’s another option you have.

in Ranger

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

But the RNG condition cleanse proc is so unreliable. Projectiles have 20% to proc a combo field.
You can use GS#3, Sword#2 to proc for extra heal instead of some useless light aura.
You can do CAF #2 + #3 for AOE heal instead of some passive gameplay light aura.
The water field doesn’t last for very long (between 1s to 2s- please correct me if i’m wrong), you can be CC and the water field will go away before your CAF #3 comes in.

Actually many projectile finishers are 100% chance. Other projectile finishers that are 20% chance have multiple chances to proc. See Rapid Fire or Splitblade.

Keeping Seed of Life as a light field spreads out the utility that Druid has. It keeps the spec from being one dimensional. This skill could use some changes, but turning it in to a water field is not one of them.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Actually many projectile finishers are 100% chance. Other projectile finishers that are 20% chance have multiple chances to proc. See Rapid Fire or Splitblade.

Keeping Seed of Life as a light field spreads out the utility that Druid has. It keeps the spec from being one dimensional. This skill could use some changes, but turning it in to a water field is not one of them.

The players that need cleanses still have to be within melee range of the mob which got hit by the projectile. Quite unreliable and hard to use in the middle of the mess.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

I like the light field on Seed of Life simply because of Verdant Etching.
It is a bonus cleanse in combination with LB and Shortbow which is an amazing addition assuming we do not really have much cleanse outside of traits.

Also, AoE retal is not bad at all. Sometimes on my mesmer I’m forced to stop attacking and back off (/rotate) because of the retal. It makes a difference.

Also, we have enough water fields in my opinion. We had zero of Light ones. Do not reduce the options. You have the option to blast your water fields. Only a fool would trade options of game-play for something we already have.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

The players that need cleanses still have to be within melee range of the mob which got hit by the projectile. Quite unreliable and hard to use in the middle of the mess.

they actually have to be within melee range of the projectile, so you could always throw a projectile at your allies instead of the enemy, or you could use a whirl finisher to throw the bolts all over the place, but that’s just putting RNG on RNG unless they’re near your target.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna