Self Reviving Rangers...

Self Reviving Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

So I was playing this ranger around 15 mins ago and he kept self reviving almost instantly. It happened three times before I was finally able to take him down for good.

I have no experience with rangers, but I presume it was a spirit of some kind? And you can ask it to revive you when you die? That’s pretty neat!

Self Reviving Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarlack.4096

Sarlack.4096

Never heard of it

;)

Self Reviving Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: White Dragon.5429

White Dragon.5429

Was he using Spirit of Nature? It’s activated skill revives all nearby downed allies after a short casting time. With good timing, a ranger can activate the skill, be downed during the cast time, and then be revived by his own elite skill.

Self Reviving Rangers...

in Ranger

bhagwad.4281

Was he using Spirit of Nature? It’s activated skill revives all nearby downed allies after a short casting time. With good timing, a ranger can activate the skill, be downed during the cast time, and then be revived by his own elite skill.

Yeah he was using a spirit, but like I said I don’t have much experience with rangers…

Self Reviving Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Bri.8354

Bri.8354

To my knowledge there is 2 ways for a ranger to instantly revive like that, if something he damaged died after he went down or if you he used that spirit trick White Dragon mentioned, which can only be used once every 30 seconds.

Its difficult to tell with the information you provided. Where were you (WvW, SPvP), were there any other players or monsters around, and how many times did he revive in this way?

Self Reviving Rangers...

in Ranger

Sarlack.4096

Watch Vol II in my Sig, I do it twice in the vid. It’s our elite and it takes good timing to pull it off.

Self Reviving Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Watch Vol II in my Sig, I do it twice in the vid. It’s our elite and it takes good timing to pull it off.

Just adding onto this, if the ranger has the Natures Vengeance trait then when their elite spirit dies he will cast the skill a 3rd time which is likely what ended up happening vs you.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Self Reviving Rangers...

in Ranger

bhagwad.4281

Just adding onto this, if the ranger has the Natures Vengeance trait then when their elite spirit dies he will cast the skill a 3rd time which is likely what ended up happening vs you.

Thanks for that bit of info.

Self Reviving Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

The counter for it is simple. Kill the big glowing nature spirit. The elite has a long CD and the spirit is weak.

Self Reviving Rangers...

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

The counter for it is simple. Kill the big glowing nature spirit. The elite has a long CD and the spirit is weak.

Uh…. Not sure if you’re serious… That things pretty sturdy, your best bet is when you see the spirit holding its arm in the air to hit it with an interrupt and/or wait to kill the ranger.

Self Reviving Rangers...

in Ranger

Sarlack.4096

Uh…. Not sure if you’re serious… That things pretty sturdy, your best bet is when you see the spirit holding its arm in the air to hit it with an interrupt and/or wait to kill the ranger.

Better still kite the Ranger away from the Static spirit and out of the Rez/Regen range. But so few even attempt it

Self Reviving Rangers...

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Better still kite the Ranger away from the Static spirit and out of the Rez/Regen range. But so few even attempt it

A lot of people will run the spirit with a lot of points in spirits, and most people tend to take spirits unbound (such a worthless trait) when they buff up the spirits.

That being said, i have yet to see someone attempt this, but if they did i’d probably just keep shooting them with my longbow and be like “Yes! keep running! Please go further from me!”

Self Reviving Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

That being said, i have yet to see someone attempt this, but if they did i’d probably just keep shooting them with my longbow and be like “Yes! keep running! Please go further from me!”

Thanks for this – it did make me chuckle! Kind of like non-rangers following a ranger into water .. gotta laugh!

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

Self Reviving Rangers...

in Ranger

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

I’ve seen many Rangers doing this in fights. Luckily though, I’m not an idiot. I have enough tPvP experience against pet builds to target the pets first. Since 99% of the time, pets are tougher than the caster.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

Self Reviving Rangers...

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Thanks for this – it did make me chuckle! Kind of like non-rangers following a ranger into water .. gotta laugh!

lol everytime this happens i think, “Why in gods name are you following Aquaman into the water? Do you have a death wish?” i don’t think i’ve lost an even remotely fair fight in the water on my ranger and have won way more 1v5s under water than i thought possible xD.

I hope they balance underwater combat at some point… i love it to death, but i at least want a little bit of a challenge…

Self Reviving Rangers...

in Ranger

TheMightyAltroll.3485

I would run away on my Necromancer, but then again, I can’t.

I suppose that’s why I’m a nightmare for longbow Rangers.

Self Reviving Rangers...

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I would run away on my Necromancer, but then again, I can’t.

I suppose that’s why I’m a nightmare for longbow Rangers.

lol i hate you and your kind! “Hey let me just stick to you like glue! That’s cool right?”

Self Reviving Rangers...

in Ranger

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Heh, as a Necromancer, I enjoy making people stand and fight with me. I’m like that guy in the movies always going “HOOOOOLD!!!!” as the enemies rush at me in overwhelming force.

But that’s only because I physically can’t run away. No mobility, brah.

Self Reviving Rangers...

in Ranger

Sarlack.4096

I’ve seen many Rangers doing this in fights. Luckily though, I’m not an idiot. I have enough tPvP experience against pet builds to target the pets first. Since 99% of the time, pets are tougher than the caster.

I take pride to be in that 1% that are tougher than their pet! ; )

Self Reviving Rangers...

in Ranger

TheMightyAltroll.3485

As do I. As do I…