Shafted again, no longer viable

in Ranger

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I disagree with the ‘it hurts other classes more then ranger’.

Ranger = 30% crit damage nerf
Warrior/guard = 36% nerf (just to follow your guys thoughts).

Ranger less nerfed so yay. WRONG.

You forget the other part of the thing.

DEFENSIVE PLAYER STYLE. BUNKERS.

All damage nerfed in the game, so inherently, all bunkers will survive longer. Guards/warriors, already can last a zerg offensive easy. -30% crit damage on ALL classes means they just are superior less vulnerable to burst and will most likely not even be pushed close to downed at all.

Now all ranger can do it hit protection enabled heavy armor professions and see ‘500-700 damage’ pop up. Wich is bull kitten (hammer warrior full pvt does 2000k+). Staff guard does safe but has a 600 range front range and 1200 range wide range cone and 5 target limit.

So rangers? Not nerfed by this? Wrong. The last viable kiting build to burst enemies a bit down (barrage + rapid fire + long range shot from a good position) will no longer work. Our numbers just won’t pop. At all…

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I disagree with the ‘it hurts other classes more then ranger’.

Ranger = 30% crit damage nerf
Warrior/guard = 36% nerf (just to follow your guys thoughts).

Ranger less nerfed so yay. WRONG.

You forget the other part of the thing.

DEFENSIVE PLAYER STYLE. BUNKERS.

All damage nerfed in the game, so inherently, all bunkers will survive longer. Guards/warriors, already can last a zerg offensive easy. -30% crit damage on ALL classes means they just are superior less vulnerable to burst and will most likely not even be pushed close to downed at all.

Now all ranger can do it hit protection enabled heavy armor professions and see ‘500-700 damage’ pop up. Wich is bull kitten (hammer warrior full pvt does 2000k+). Staff guard does safe but has a 600 range front range and 1200 range wide range cone and 5 target limit.

So rangers? Not nerfed by this? Wrong. The last viable kiting build to burst enemies a bit down (barrage + rapid fire + long range shot from a good position) will no longer work. Our numbers just won’t pop. At all…

No one said that Rangers weren’t nerfed. No one said that other classes were nerfed more. What we said is that Rangers were not nerfed more than anyone else. Every build that is designed in the same way is effected in the same way because this is a blanket nerf across the entire game.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

Lets compare the current full zerker ascended set (armor, weapon, trinkets, without runes) to future zerker set.

If you look at a soldiers ascended helmet, the stats are 47/34/34. I’m assuming zerkers will also become 47/34/34.

Current zerker ascended set:
71% additional crit dmg
101% additional crit dmg if traited for crit dmg.

Future zerker ascended set:
745 ferocity (49.67% additional crit dmg)
1045 ferocity (69.67% additinal crit dmg) if traited for crit dmg and assuming a full traitline will give 300 ferocity.

This is around 30% reduction in crit dmg.

For runes, we can use divinity’s runes as an example:

Current full set:
12% additional crit dmg

Future full set:
60 ferocity (4% additional crit dmg)

I hope not everyones running a full zerker bearbow ranger in WvW, but this is just an idea of how much crit dmg is taken away. I think rangers that rely on crit dmg is going to take a very big hit with the ferocity change just coz our damage coefficients are pretty low already.

You guys are all complaining about a mythical 30% reduction. You were already told that its about 10 percent. I do see how you arrived at the number however, you forgot to include the fact that they said that they were going to normalize stats on all the gear so that you don’t get a bigger benefit from trinkets over armor. The 10% loss is coming from our traits. 6 six new trait point will give a 20 % crit damage instead of the now 30% this is where you are losing your crit damage. We are also losing crit from celestial. We were specifically told that there will be about a 10% loss in full zerker set.

This is where the lose is coming from.

As far as power or condition power w/crit is more dps. The issue is that there is no stability and power Rangers have to play a lot more aggressivly. Condi damage is lower but more consistant . They can apply a few condition and dodge and evade while the conditions do their job and have a lot higher toughness to boot.

Some of you get all bent out of shape with only a little bit of information. Let wait to see if there is more to the patch. At that time we can see what form the state of the Ranger and other classes will be in.

P.s
They said there were a lot of bug fixes so I think the days of underwater god more are over.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

(edited by Serraphin Storm.2369)

in Ranger

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

For the people who same or claim that all classes are nerfed equally across the board with this crit hit, is not true. Your forget, there is another piece to the Ranger’s puzzle.. their pet. They are also subject to this nerf because they will in fact operate under ferocity instead.

We can argue all day long that the pets won’t survive long enough anyway (which I totally agree), but you can send them to attack flanks and stragglers. There is also the roaming option; either way, there are options to keep your pet alive and attacking instead of sending it to it’s death in a zerg. As long as your pet’s alive and attacking, it also suffers from the crit nerf. You know Anet will not buff them to compensate.

You also have to look what is truly effective for Rangers and what isn’t. In zerg play, the most effective thing right now is to stand back with your LB and pick your spots. Your almost guaranteed to survive while sustaining damage, but this relies heavily on crit damage. Running PVT gear and mixing it up in melee range in the zerg is completely ineffective compared to standing back. We just don’t have the proper skills to sustain damage like other classes.

Other classes can in fact do quite well in PVT gear while in melee range, which is pretty much on par as to what Rangers are capable of at range spec’d for dps. Nerfing crit to me is no different that the quickness nerf we suffered. That hit Rangers the hardest and sure enough, this crit nerf will hit Rangers the hardest again in more ways than one.

Now suppose Anet decided to not go through with the crit nerf but instead nerf toughness instead (which I think they should do). What classes do you think would get hit the hardest? You can’t add rangers to that one as a front runner..

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

As far as I know pets don’t have crit damage. We have like one trait that give pets extra crit damage which is something like 30%. There is reason for me to believe that this will change in that I don’t believe trait values scale.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

As far as I know pets don’t have crit damage. We have like one trait that give pets extra crit damage which is something like 30%. There is reason for me to believe that this will change in that I don’t believe trait values scale.

That’s right; pets base stats are Power, Precision Toughness and Vitality. They do not scale with ranger’s armor, and it’s only through specific traits that we can give them any of the other stats (crit damage, condi damage, healing…)

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

I have Divinity Runes on Zerker Gear…. Zerker ascended weaps & trinkets except one or two..
It had A LOT of cost…
So maybe I have to STOP PLAYING GW2 if these critical dmg changes bottleneck my whole progress of 1.5+ years…

Does the EULA ever mentioned they can kitten everything up we’we been worked kitten?!

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Lets compare the current full zerker ascended set (armor, weapon, trinkets, without runes) to future zerker set.

If you look at a soldiers ascended helmet, the stats are 47/34/34. I’m assuming zerkers will also become 47/34/34.

Current zerker ascended set:
71% additional crit dmg
101% additional crit dmg if traited for crit dmg.

Future zerker ascended set:
745 ferocity (49.67% additional crit dmg)
1045 ferocity (69.67% additinal crit dmg) if traited for crit dmg and assuming a full traitline will give 300 ferocity.

This is around 30% reduction in crit dmg.

For runes, we can use divinity’s runes as an example:

Current full set:
12% additional crit dmg

Future full set:
60 ferocity (4% additional crit dmg)

I hope not everyones running a full zerker bearbow ranger in WvW, but this is just an idea of how much crit dmg is taken away. I think rangers that rely on crit dmg is going to take a very big hit with the ferocity change just coz our damage coefficients are pretty low already.

You guys are all complaining about a mythical 30% reduction. You were already told that its about 10 percent. I do see how you arrived at the number however, you forgot to include the fact that they said that they were going to normalize stats on all the gear so that you don’t get a bigger benefit from trinkets over armor. The 10% loss is coming from our traits. 6 six new trait point will give a 20 % crit damage instead of the now 30% this is where you are losing your crit damage. We are also losing crit from celestial. We were specifically told that there will be about a 10% loss in full zerker set.

This is where the lose is coming from.

As far as power or condition power w/crit is more dps. The issue is that there is no stability and power Rangers have to play a lot more aggressivly. Condi damage is lower but more consistant . They can apply a few condition and dodge and evade while the conditions do their job and have a lot higher toughness to boot.

Some of you get all bent out of shape with only a little bit of information. Let wait to see if there is more to the patch. At that time we can see what form the state of the Ranger and other classes will be in.

P.s
They said there were a lot of bug fixes so I think the days of underwater god more are over.

I was talking about 30% reduction in crit dmg, not overall dps.

in Ranger

Kal Spiro.9745

For the people who same or claim that all classes are nerfed equally across the board with this crit hit, is not true. Your forget, there is another piece to the Ranger’s puzzle.. their pet. They are also subject to this nerf because they will in fact operate under ferocity instead.

So now that we’ve debunked this, because Pet’s don’t have this stat by default we have, in fact, confirmed that Rangers are being nerfed less than all other classes because that ephemeral value of damage that resides in our pet will remain unchanged. Therefore we are only losing 10% of X-Pet% of our damage, not 10% total. Of course since Pet% of our damage is unreliable it works out to the same value anyway.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I also suspect the pets do 30% more CD trait will be translated to an equal amount of ferocity. They have to update the skill due to CD not existing, and I can’t imagine them nerfing pets after the past several months of ranger discussions.

in Ranger

RoyalPredator.9163

My fear is that I can’t kill a single Doe/whasp/etc less than 10 shot after this patch…
It is bit lame enough to bother with these trashmobs like is it now, and what the hell will happen after April 15… I’ll make a Before/After video in case we have to complain…
Also, I don’t care about pets at all. Only to do a proper F2 or Lick Wounds – hey I’m not a beastmaster!! I’m Pow/Crit

in Ranger

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

I think ANET made the LB ranger more powerful especially the dual-LB setup.
Why?
Because of Sigil of Intelligence and Sigil of Air.

SoI: after swapping weapons the next three hits are guaranteed crits.
SoA: 50% chance to cause Lightning Strike on a crit, 3 sec cooldown, no chance to crit.

In a 30/30/x build:

1 hit: opening strike, CRIT
swap weapon:
2-3-4 hits: CRIT-CRIT-CRIT
Rapid Fire: depends on your crit chance, but you likely have Fury up!
Knock back, MoC proc
Swap weapon (this is a LB too with SoI and SoA)
CRIT-CRIT-CRIT
between a weapon swap period you should have 2-3 SoA procs too.

#I no words have"

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Assuming you’re running berserker gear with the LB, I think SoI is a waste. You already get fury on weapon swap, so you’re going to have something like 75%+ chance of crit.

On the other hand, you could use something like valks in WvW and do that. There is no way I’d feel comfortable with 2 LBs in WvW though. Might be able to get away with LB/SB.

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Sigil of Intelligence will be insanely strong with Axe offhand (100% crit chance on Path of Scars, knowing the skill can do up to 8k in full signet zerker, ONE WAY, that is potentially 16k total both ways)

I can imagine a combo of Axe Offhand + GS;
Path of scars – (with sigil of air or fire) – potentially 14-16k
swap during cast to GS, enemy gets pulled into a maul with 100% crit chance.

3-shot anything that is unlucky enough to not have stability. ALSO, please note, that if you use quickening zephyr, the axe “fire→return” animation (thus the attack itself) is made WAY faster (i have been using QZ/Zephyrs Speed trait for this function for a long time). So fast, that depending on distance, the enemy may not be able to move out of the LoS of the returning axe.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

RoyalPredator.9163

Hmm… Have zerker gear, trinkets, weapon, 25 on precision, still my chance is 48%
What the hell?

in Ranger

Posted by: awge.3852

awge.3852

They would easily rethink ranger to have a more substantial role in WvW. When I think of ranger in WvW I think of thief and how thief can be used in group play. They have that venom share build which is quite awesome for group play, but when they’re not doing that they can feel free to do their thief job and target enemies on the outskirts of battle, without running a huge risk due to their stealth mechanics.

Now rangers should be able to cope in a similar way. In group play they could be provided with builds that both allow them to excel in group play while providing ranged support; while at the same time allowing them to jump into the current and strong roaming builds we already possess. So why do we need to get shafted? It seriously can’t be that hard for the devs to take a look at the rangers and say DEAL and come out with a more efficient way to be a ranger.

I can imagine being a very DPS~spirit ranger, using a skill or trait like ‘nature manipulation’ that granted me and 5 allies boons based on the spirit that I decided to absorb into myself, something related to burning damage or shocking damage etc… or perhaps a ranger who focused on defense via wilderness survival and granted allies certain defensive abilities or boosts when signets were used. Anything is possible, traps + the above spirit skill = enhanced trapping skills. Beast mastery specialization in which your pet can contribute to you in different ways if passive and active respectively, and that synergizes well with at least one major aspect of ranger play (signets already do, how about CC via skirmishing?)

Why can’t we get stuff like that, which is purposeful and not counter intuitive? I have no freaking clue.

Mon Fils — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Blackgate
Ranger’s guide to PvP/WvW: http://tinyurl.com/oht3e9z

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

They would easily rethink ranger to have a more substantial role in WvW. When I think of ranger in WvW I think of thief and how thief can be used in group play. They have that venom share build which is quite awesome for group play, but when they’re not doing that they can feel free to do their thief job and target enemies on the outskirts of battle, without running a huge risk due to their stealth mechanics.

Now rangers should be able to cope in a similar way. In group play they could be provided with builds that both allow them to excel in group play while providing ranged support; while at the same time allowing them to jump into the current and strong roaming builds we already possess. So why do we need to get shafted? It seriously can’t be that hard for the devs to take a look at the rangers and say DEAL and come out with a more efficient way to be a ranger.

I can imagine being a very DPS~spirit ranger, using a skill or trait like ‘nature manipulation’ that granted me and 5 allies boons based on the spirit that I decided to absorb into myself, something related to burning damage or shocking damage etc… or perhaps a ranger who focused on defense via wilderness survival and granted allies certain defensive abilities or boosts when signets were used. Anything is possible, traps + the above spirit skill = enhanced trapping skills. Beast mastery specialization in which your pet can contribute to you in different ways if passive and active respectively, and that synergizes well with at least one major aspect of ranger play (signets already do, how about CC via skirmishing?)

Why can’t we get stuff like that, which is purposeful and not counter intuitive? I have no freaking clue.

We already got that stuff.

Support Builds: Shouts, Spirits (not very good, but it works), BM variations
DPS builds: Full Glass, Shouts, Trapper, BM

Now, if you want a functioning build for zerging, roaming and whatever else, then i can provide you that. Your damage will be quite meh, but you will be pulling your share through a combination of support, DPS and utility.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vMAQJATRnMqQvg2xCWsAXLGQYFOk3jZh9ER3jRxTCxT+wVWB-zUCB4hAYMQUEAEBQpmJLJdQsVWFRjVNjIqWZDLAACw9tPA4oH9oH9oHt7bf7bf7bfSB8twI-w

Your damage will, at tops, reach 4k crits on glassier targets. On the other side, you will do consistent medium damage. Have a bucketload of healing for yourself and the party. Mass condi cleanse, passive regen close to that of a warrior, AOE, AOE CC and if need be, swap pets to Forest/Cave Spider + Jaguar, and LB for Sword + Axe offhand for roaming purposes. Bring a warhorn for party buffing and you are set.
If your party need some more support, swap 2 traits (NM Adept and Master) for Vigorous Spirits and Spirits Unbound, then take a stone/sun/frost spirit over muddy terrain. MAKE SURE to NOT swap away Signet of the Wild in Roaming. You want that signet to buff your jaguar for when you need its DPS. And trust me, with this build, your jaguar will be tanky (due to passive regen) and hit like a truck (highest crit iv’e seen my jag achieve is 6851 in sPvP)

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Hmm… Have zerker gear, trinkets, weapon, 25 on precision, still my chance is 48%
What the hell?

Are you in vigil keep or something? I just checked in game in a level 80 area, and in combat (i.e. with spotter and fury and no other buffs) I have a 102% chance to crit if I’m using my perceptive weapon. With bloodlust that is like 84% or something.

Attachments:

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

in Ranger

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

I’m not saying that the ranger’s power builds are viable again or such things.

Our power weapons have slow, hard hitting autoattacks and abilities. So we get more benefit from 3 autocrits.
Two AA and a Maul on GS… 2 sec
AA + Maul + Counterstrike: 2-3 sec (or even more if the enemy is not hitting every sec)
Three AA on LB : 2.5 sec
These are real burst options.

On other hands:

Since a power build can now get autocrits from sigils it is no longer mandatory to invest 10+ points in Skirmishing. Sure the stats are nice there but if the survivability is an issue we can still make a 30/0/x/x/x trait, or a 30/10/0/30/0 LB + GS hybrid for max. Signet of Intelligence uptime. In combat it gives us 3 guaranteed AA long range shot crits + swoop + hilt bash + maul. It must be a hard hitting combo even without MoC.

Note: I’m not an expert of power builds so you can forget my idea if you want. But please take into account the sigil changes too.

#I no words have"

in Ranger

Kal Spiro.9745

What the hell?

Runes and Food?

in Ranger

RoyalPredator.9163

Current stats at Cursed Shore, no WWW buff.
Armor: All zerker except a valkyre leggings, +Divinity runes.
Weapon: Asc Zerker bow
Trinkets: All zerker except one, and one has minor vitality share.
Traits: 20/25/10/15/0

So why the crit chance /prec is so low?

Attachments:

in Ranger

Kal Spiro.9745

Current stats at Cursed Shore, no WWW buff.
Armor: All zerker except a valkyre leggings, +Divinity runes.
Weapon: Asc Zerker bow
Trinkets: All zerker except one, and one has minor vitality share.
Traits: 20/25/10/15/0

So why the crit chance /prec is so low?

That’s weird. I made a build out of Knight, Cavalier, Assassin and some Soldier and a Celestial, with Eagle Runes and it comes to the same value, before buffs.

With full Accuracy, Maintenance Oil and Curry Butternut Squash Soup it bumps to 72%.

Actually I just ran that build and it comes out basically the same. If you want more Precision you should invest in Assassins, I guess.

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I’m using ranger runes, and also listed mine in combat. Yours in combat is what… 27% higher or something? So for a direct comparison to my screenshot, it’s 75% vs 102%.

Not sure if my ascended gear boosts it slightly again. And mine is 100% berserker instead of a couple swaps.

Edit: Wow, just looked up the difference between exotic and ascended armor. That’s a lot more than I thought it was. The pants that I have give a full extra 1% CD, plus a few extra stats, plus the WvW infusion.

in Ranger

RoyalPredator.9163

Yes its weird… I should have around 70% by basic and my oil should boost up to ~80%
You think its bugged or…

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Ranger runes provide a lot more precision than your divinity runes. Also 100% of my equipment is ascended berserker, and yours is mixed exotic. You definitely should not start at 70%. I START out of combat with zero buffs at 68% (I think, might be 64) and I am wearing way more precision equipment than you.

If your gear takes you over ~65% crit out of combat, you should probably change. That’s why I changed to bloodlust instead of precision.

in Ranger

RoyalPredator.9163

So what is your advice to me for WWW Power ranger?

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

So what is your advice to me for WWW Power ranger?

Play a lot of sPvP with your melee set.

in Ranger

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

What the hell?

try rampager?

in Ranger

RoyalPredator.9163

This is my WWW/PVE build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vMEQJATRjUqUyaFLusw1iAYpYvAbF4kzIRG9HQtgVJA-z0DBYfAYgQYLIoLYEEAkIQEJIUJYJPERrpPgVNFRjVXDT5SQV7CW9CJAACwNvZ28mBc0jefn7cbWKArmAA-w

Would not sacrifice survivality,
Would get some more dmg.
I guess the critical multiplier is the bad thing.

(edited by RoyalPredator.9163)

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Just wanted to clarify that when I should you definitely should not start at 70% crit chance, I meant that due to your equipment there was no way you’d be that high. Not that you were wrong for having a lower crit chance. 48% sounds totally reasonable.

in Ranger

RoyalPredator.9163

48% Is reasonable? There isn’t so mutch option to boost it;

1. +5 on Skirmishing traitline
  2. change ~3 piece for fullzerg (not going to happen)
  3. Use a Rune set that gives more than 60prec
    Anyway, I don’t have mutch trouble with it, it shows off very well how broken the RNG is when the critical hits are guaranteed in equal waves – just as the Mystic Forge seems like to work after my testings.

As a WWW “Power Ranger”, what adjustments would you suggest in my build, Fluffball?

Okay, back to the Topic.

(edited by RoyalPredator.9163)

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

It’s probably easier to just show you what I run. This is for solo roaming, but not dueling. Things like taking out camps or guarded yaks in keep sieges where speed is really important. With that note I have a warhorn up a lot of time instead of the dagger, and SoH instead of SoR.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vMMQNAT8YjEq0vaLLesQ1agY9YP9BAcG8nR+D+/iVaQC-zUCBYfCyYLJjgAisAg+AOzsIasFVFRjVXDT5iIqOAACwNvZ2sNDO6RP6RP6R7o38o38oHtUAUsAA-w

(I actually have hydromancy on the dagger right now, but energy would be better.) Final slot in Marksmanship is usually spotter, but that will likely change to Read the Wind. Piercing arrows if people are using NPCs as meatshields.

The first thing I do when I start playing is get the guard buffs up. That means I can use full berserker instead of your pieces of valk’s, for example.

LR and MT are pretty much non-negotiable for how I play. Reason being that they are used against thieves. You can use yourself as bait for the first C&D and then immediately LR out of the Basilisk Venom. Sword 2 in 2 random directions will probably make the 2nd attempted backstab miss (it will never come before they unstealth) and then for the third one, MT yourself right before/as they unstealth. Possibly drop the entangle there as well. MT = super important to me.

Of course MT is also really nice for just snagging people at any given time. Warriors as they try to rush you, or whoever is trying to flee or get in to a tower, etc. It’s just a really good skill. QZ has such a crazy long cool down and you don’t get any survival out of it.

Drakehound is sort of a 2nd MT.

I also love Nature’s protection and Primal Reflexes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

so they strictly mentioned on the readyup done on the 21st that a warrior with healing sig will need to worry about burst skills and not so much about sustained damage.
that is broken imo because it is literally saying rangers cant do kitten to warriors who have healing sig since we are not meant to do burst dmg and only do sustained as mentioned in our CDI… also that “sic em” has the potential to grant a thief 200 power.

Why is it rangers get over looked?

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

(edited by Criminal.5627)

in Ranger

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

btw it has been a good run with you all, but it might be time to take a break from gw2 till our profession isn’t getting the crap end of things. I guess I will check out ESO and check up on how things are going in the future.

to those that are staying Good luck, stay open about how you feel, pay attention to other classes not just ranger as seeing how our own abilities can become a hindrances with our own combat such as “sic em” with the new thief trait.

hopefully talk to you all again, there are some decent people in this community which is awesome, but I am just getting tired of hoping for something that is polished gold and just getting polished fecal matter instead.
what ever happens have fun guys.

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Um, you get that it’s across the board right? This isn’t a thing that was done to us specifically.

This change hits the Ranger harder; it’s not just the Ranger but their pet as well. They are also subject to the ferocity change which means their damage is also taking a hit. Do you think Anet will buff the pet to compensate? Wishful thinking.

screw crit damage, jump into the water and you got more DPS then what some of the others can get on land. True story, and you know it is true.
So grab your wetsuit, diving goggles and dip your toes. There will always be that final frontier were we excel at everything.

Yeah, the best way to survive in WvW is to stand by the water and jump in when some unfortunate peon wanders your way. You’re like a shark in the water! Get those tasty seals! Chomp! Don’t forget to put that second sigil on your bow either…

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

so they strictly mentioned on the readyup done on the 21st that a warrior with healing sig will need to worry about burst skills and not so much about sustained damage.
that is broken imo because it is literally saying rangers cant do kitten to warriors who have healing sig since we are not meant to do burst dmg and only do sustained as mentioned in our CDI… also that “sic em” has the potential to grant a thief 200 power.

Why is it rangers get over looked?

I don’t know, but I squash 9 out of 10 thieves in PvP and WvW so they could use some help. It’s funny, but kinda sad, how they B-line to me for their own demise… Warriors give me much more trouble.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in Ranger

RoyalPredator.9163

Yeah but I will only use LB/GS as long as I don’t have a proper sword/dagger or sword/pistol combo.

in Ranger

Posted by: thipequz.5602

thipequz.5602

I think the extent of the shafting doesn’t stop at the reduction in crit. 5 new traits added to the game for Rangers, not one of them is useful in comparison to other traits for other classes. Eles getting 25% extra healing for allies, that is a HUGE buff. We get pet heals nearby allies when using F2 skill, useless. Gaurdian grants 5s Aegis to allies when they block, we get 15% chance to block projectiles, whilst in melee, useless, cheange that to when in ranged attack, and its useful. Mesmer gains 1000 (yes 1000) to healing when they interupt a foe, we rangers get remove 2 conditions and gain fury when we use a survival skill (probably the only useful new trait, but then again, ive got a healing spring, and a warhorn, jobs already done thanks). Warriors get 10% in attack speed when dual weilding (thats 10 more dps than they currently do) we get arrows fire at twice the velocity (essentially reducing the chance for an evade, kittening useless). Engineers get Fortified turrets meaning the placed turrets gain 4s of reflection (something a lot of people have asked for) we get 50% increase to poison damage and pets first attack after swapping causes poison, considering I have 1 attack (sword button 3) that causes poison, and I have pets that already cause poison if i wanted to do it, whats the point in any of these new traits, we have been completely shafted here. Every other class has an almost game changing new trait, we have nothing I will use, or will any other zerker build ranger. Not only that, but this misses the point people have been making since release, everything a ranger can do, someone else does better, they are a weak link because they add very little to a party, eles heal, gaurds boon and protect, war dps and tank, mesmers are a class of their own, thiefs have very high dps (although low survivability) and so on and so on. Ranger is my main, and I love playing him, but try lfg on a high fractal. I went into a group looking for “experienced player” 30 secs later i get kicked, they readvertised group asking “experienced player, NO RANGERS”. Surely this is reason enough to make some changes.

(edited by thipequz.5602)

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Yes, what I’m suggesting is to boost ROF by ~50% and adjust the damage for a good visual of sustaining it. But in equal to the other classes. Then QZ would have a real burst impact, even better with shortened cast of Rapid Fire which isn’t that rapid now at all.

At second, I feel it a problem. We have to keep at the back of the zerg, and they usually kill downeds within seconds, so it isn’t that easy to hit them at least once compared to any melee who is in the middle of action. Not horrible now but would be nice, maybe as some kind of boost of Opening Strike.

If I were in AN HQ as a dev, would try to overhaul Rangers anyway.
(Professional animations, ~Initiative, hunter conditions, logical skill bonuses without making us OP, new armor and weapon sets, etc)

Yes, this would help a decent amount, but would definitely like to see pets be able to withstand zerg AOE, maybe a 150%-170% spike in AOE damage reduction. Seems like a lot but its very much needed in zerg situations. These changes would help a decent amount but not fix the underlying problem of still not having the damage needed to be competitive with other classes in DPS builds. However being able to get the damage from our pets that’s supposedly 10-30% of our overall damage would help a decent amount, as it stands they are kittens comparatively in a WvW fight that involves more then 3 people.

Also I am at the very least looking forward to faster f2 times.

Still won’t help the fact that we are severely underpowered for zerg fights, and that most teams reject having a Ranger in a GvG fight.

I agree with you…

But I am not seeing a “faster f2 time”.

It’s not fun to die because 1/3 of you isn’t “working”. (or however much our pet is of our damage/conditions)

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

Posted by: thipequz.5602

thipequz.5602

What we need is an F5 button called Sacrifice which will sacrifice our pets in the name of a chosen god and grant us say 60s of huge buffs to toughness, or power, or healing (depending on which god we made sacrifice too). Basically, no pet, no problem

(edited by thipequz.5602)