Sharpened Edges vs Pet's Prowess

in Ranger

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Which is more important to me ?
My build is >>http://tinyurl.com/bwv7v5z
I focus on condition damage and precision.

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Ranger

Posted by: Piedplat.3597

Piedplat.3597

is my condition build
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNAnfRjAV51tVCWoWCg2jMlET2DDL8xvAvgTORFaB
I play with rabbid and carrion 50/50 with undead
Generosity in weapon

/Piedplat Ranger80/Palissade Guardian80/Mystyphika Mesmer80/ ArmataTenebrae[AT] BG
http://www.armata.ca/

in Ranger

The Demonic Spirit.3157

So your answer is Sharpened Edges ?

guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wanderer.5471

Wanderer.5471

hey guy, i’d say sharpened edges, because you’re using pets with a very low crit chance and you have no way to give them fury, whereas you yourself will be critting most of the time.

Btw i know you didn’t ask for feedback on the rest of the build but on ur sigils, i didn’t think u could stack both condition dmg and power even if 1 is on underwater set, perhaps i’m wrong?

Also I think speed training is and certainly commanding voice is useless if you swap your pets whenever their cooldowns are up, though i don’t know your playstyle – if you have 1 pet out for long periods of time they might be useful

Also you have no condition removal, again don’t know what you’re planning on using the build for so that may not be relevant if your allies are cleansing you etc?

in Ranger

The Demonic Spirit.3157

hey guy, i’d say sharpened edges, because you’re using pets with a very low crit chance and you have no way to give them fury, whereas you yourself will be critting most of the time.

Btw i know you didn’t ask for feedback on the rest of the build but on ur sigils, i didn’t think u could stack both condition dmg and power even if 1 is on underwater set, perhaps i’m wrong?

Also I think speed training is and certainly commanding voice is useless if you swap your pets whenever their cooldowns are up, though i don’t know your playstyle – if you have 1 pet out for long periods of time they might be useful

Also you have no condition removal, again don’t know what you’re planning on using the build for so that may not be relevant if your allies are cleansing you etc?

Thanks for your help and feedback , but I need commanding voice so that I can use the 2 drakes skills as much as possible ( swaping cooldown is 15 while F2 cooldown is 24 > when traited )
You are right about speed training , which will be more useful to me ? Mighty swap , master’s bond or compassion training ? Will master’s bond reset when I swap pets ?
What about rending attack as I got drakes and shark ?

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

in Ranger

Posted by: firebreathz.7692

firebreathz.7692

Thanks for your help and feedback , but I need commanding voice so that I can use the 2 drakes skills as much as possible ( swaping cooldown is 15 while F2 cooldown is 24 > when traited )
You are right about speed training , which will be more useful to me ? Mighty swap , master’s bond or compassion training ? Will master’s bond reset when I swap pets ?
What about rending attack as I got drakes and shark ?

Let me just jump in here and point out one massive reason not to take sharpening edges a sec…

so you use a short bow yes? and a shortbow can apply bleeds at will from the side or back of target… with every shot…

so you already have the ability to make them bleed at will… why do you need another on crit?

IMO 30% crit on pets is better

masters bond resets on swap.. might swap is pretty good if u swap alot.. compassion training only to keep pet alive of if u use fern hound healing to increase it..

your better off with might swap i’d say as drake basic attacks are slow for bleeds

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Take the trait. You will be applying 2 stacks of bleed instead of 1 on hit. Also, if you have sigil of earth that could be 3 stacks of bleed in 1 hit (if they all proc together). That’s some massive firepower.

in Ranger

The Demonic Spirit.3157

It seems that sharpened Edges and might swap are better , My new build with some changes http://tinyurl.com/d8x7tug

in Ranger

Posted by: firebreathz.7692

firebreathz.7692

I also just saw you have circle of life in the natures magic tree.. is there a specific reason for this? as i can see 2 better traits on that line

natures protection and natures bounty both are way better than a healing spring poping up when u die

in Ranger

The Demonic Spirit.3157

I also just saw you have circle of life in the natures magic tree.. is there a specific reason for this? as i can see 2 better traits on that line

natures protection and natures bounty both are way better than a healing spring poping up when u die

For my build , natures bounty is a waste as I don’t have regeneration skills in my build.

About Natures protection , I think that circle of life healing is more than the damage reduction which protection will provide.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chaosgyro.6023

Chaosgyro.6023

Circle of life just seems to increase your starting downed health a little more. If you’re hoping to bring more support with this trait, then I have to say that your group would likely be happier with you on your feet than you lying there with a healing spring.