Short bow got nerfed? Why?

in Ranger

Posted by: ExiMaster.4820

ExiMaster.4820

This game just got updated a few minutes ago and my short bow is doing less damage than a water elementalist’s Water Blast which is horrendous.

Why the hell does the shortbow need a nerf?

Im doing 6-18 damage in a level 3 area and my pet is doing 120+

WHY NERF THE SHORT BOW?

Attachments:

in Ranger

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

I’d laugh if it wasn’t such a big issue for rangers…

Okay I can’t resist… LOL 17 damage to a level 2 enemy?! Boy, that’s some mighty dps there. Best in game.

Duty is heavier than death.

in Ranger

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Oh boy, is warrior op ? Better nerf ranger and necro more.

in Ranger

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Don’t worry they will buff warrior to compensate!

in Ranger

Posted by: Taverius.8645

Taverius.8645

Oh man they’re on a roll!

Rock Paper Signet – Gunnar’s Hold EU
Gather ALL the things! \o/
Ranger Bugs List

in Ranger

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

Guess if they want to nerf rangers, they might as well nerf the weapon that most rangers have moved away from, a long time ago.

Continue to focus all ranger nerfs on the shortbow, ANet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

You can’t honestly expect them to give us a Monthly Balance update without some kind of hilariously heavy handed nerf to the Ranger, can you?

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

WHY NERF THE SHORT BOW?

your pet is doing like what? 10-20x your damage. You have to admit thats a little too much compared to your attacks. Anet pets op please nerf pet damage next thank you

(edited by Penguin.5197)

in Ranger

Posted by: Amon.5042

Amon.5042

I used to be a ranger like you, then I took a nerf in the knee…

Seriously, rangers have been one of my favorite classes in many-a-games. That includes Guild Wars 1. The derisive tone in this thread is pretty accurate with the state of rangers in this game.

in Ranger

Posted by: Phyxrgon.7305

Phyxrgon.7305

I would assume because it’s a short stick. /shot

Otherwise continue to pour some seriously completely unnecessary love unto adventurer/heavies, for no real darn good reason.

Jade Quarrior – [HzH] [SF]

Tengu. Make it happen.

(edited by Phyxrgon.7305)

in Ranger

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

Oh boy, is warrior op ? Better nerf ranger and necro more.

I agree…
This hurt and I didn’t know they did that yet I felt it in game today.

I hope they will finally stop giving the most for warrior (the easiest class I played in GW2). I think it’s like this to encourage people who just don’t want to learn playing feel strong.

You go for Hulk and HULK SMASHES!!!

Yeah…
So basically they hurt other peoples, those who want more fines in their gameplay so they can give casuals way to not even think.
(PS warrior is also the one who can run the longest on swiftness in WvW – that is why my ranger killed the least of them, great work…)

Thankfully my second best class the mesmer still is great/unnerfed.

in Ranger

Posted by: Varani.9207

Varani.9207

Can anyone confirm this? Just tested it in SPvP. Could not crit a zerker thief for more than around 800 (while running zerker amulet). If so, why do they stealth nerf again? Would be nice to hear something official A-Net!

Mondsucht [MS] Kodash Vragni – Ranger
Charrov – Engineer

in Ranger

Posted by: Mortec.5684

Mortec.5684

note to self

Check when I get back from work.

in Ranger

Posted by: Krugan.7901

Krugan.7901

inb4 they nerfed the shortbow to compensate the stealth buff to the longbow.
>fix the longbow next patch

in Ranger

ExiMaster.4820

WHY NERF THE SHORT BOW?

your pet is doing like what? 10-20x your damage. You have to admit thats a little too much compared to your attacks. Anet pets op please nerf pet damage next thank you

I was attacking at a level 2 grub in the starting area. Half that damage my pet is doing is supposed to be on my short bow. 120+ damage from my pet is normal on that enemy.

in Ranger

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

plz tell me this is a f… joke. I have been using the SB since the beginning even after all the previous nerf because i love it, i just cant use longbow. SB already do a lot less damage than other classes, i have more prec, crit and power in my ranger and my mesmer is way better (that is why i am gearing it with ascended and have been using it lately more) but another nerf? Come on seriously, if you want people to stop playing this class just say it

in Ranger

NemesiS.6749

you know i respect like 20 times yesterday because i just cant find that sweet spot, i find it with mesmer and guardian, i knew what i wanted to do and how i wanted it to be geared and such but ranger i cant and yet another nerf? Now what im going to do, go Axe main hand LAWL

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

What build are you running and what gear is the ranger in the picture running? I tried to reproduce the effect and could not.

Edit punctuation and to add what level is the ranger in the picture?

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

it’s not confirmed yet, is it?

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

What build are you running and what gear is the ranger in the picture running? I tried to reproduce the effect and could not.

All of this. We can’t answer if we don’t know.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Ranger

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

TROLL

This is with full rabid gear….

Attachments:

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

SB is working fine in the mists too

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

NemesiS.6749

well i dont look at numbers and such but i went to my farming spot and seem to be doing kind of the same damage it always did. I respec a lot tho (i did yesterday like 30 times no joking lol) so my damage fluctuate a lot depending on build but i didnt notice anything weird.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

I would be totally fine if dmg is nerfed and bleed duration goes up…

Seriously im tired of this mindless 1111111111111111..

At least we will need to take a better position to keep the dmg output high

in Ranger

Posted by: Jaysin X.6740

Jaysin X.6740

Yeaaah. I didn’t notice it and I played plenty last night after this post was made.

in Ranger

Posted by: PlayGrr.1024

PlayGrr.1024

I tried it, yesterday ~1200 dmg with crit on lvl 80, today ~800 dmg.

in Ranger

Posted by: Myrmix.5460

Myrmix.5460

Maybe because longbow is too weak? Wouldn’t be the first time…

in Ranger

Jaysin X.6740

Hmmm. Well that’s discouraging. Hopefully we can dig up some more data or get a response from Anet.

in Ranger

NemesiS.6749

I tried it, yesterday ~1200 dmg with crit on lvl 80, today ~800 dmg.

wow that is too much, i dont know like i say i respec a lot so i didnt notice much change but if this is true well i suppose once and for all i will put ranger to rest, like seriously what else are they going to nerf?

I wouldn’t be surprise because well like the other guy said is not the first time they nerf SB to make longbow looks good

in Ranger

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

WHY NERF THE SHORT BOW?

I was attacking at a level 2 grub in the starting area. Half that damage my pet is doing is supposed to be on my short bow. 120+ damage from my pet is normal on that enemy.

I know I’m just messing with anet. Hopefully they don’t take it seriously lol

in Ranger

ExiMaster.4820

Before yesterday’s update for whatever it contained I was 4-6 hitting those grubs with a rare cultural tier 2 short bow at level 5 on my ranger. Right now im level 16 and my bow was at level 11 and does less damage after the update? Every time I shoot an enemy with short bow it now only takes out 1/14th of their HP. That is really terrible. so that didn’t make sense to me so it had to be the update with me questioning on this forum post. Either they buffed the health of enemies or the short bow got nerfed. I don’t want to have to rely on my pet for all of my damage output. I don’t understand what they did.

TROLL

No, not a troll im dead serious.

Also if you guys think this is my first character its not. I have played ranger in the past but deleted it and yes I used short bow on him too, and have 3 characters over level 30, and one at level 80. I know something changed, not a newbie here.

in Ranger

Jaysin X.6740

I’m not saying something didn’t change, but I went back and looked at some of my videos from a week or so ago and the damage looks relatively the same.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

What the actual kitten are you people smoking?

Crossfire has always been weak, and the base damage has always been 134 with poor scaling.

Same numbers as always.

Shortbow with no power investment in PvP, WvW, and Orr (level 80 zones):

Attachments:

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Hax.8701

Hax.8701

I don’t see too much of a difference.
http://puu.sh/5KRvF.jpg

Using all Soldier’s gear.

[Bae] Baewatch
Hax Shot
DH

(edited by Hax.8701)

in Ranger

Posted by: Casey.9687

Casey.9687

Eh anet just has one of the worst balance teams ever….they honestly have no clue what they are doing. Why all of a sudden did they release the patch notes early for all of us to see? They use some crap about the asking for our help and then not changing a single thing we have been asking for. They change what they wanna change and don’t listen to their player base. They are greedy idiots who worry more about the money they makin off gems then their actual balancing of classes. Get a new team anet.

in Ranger

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

There is no dmg nerf to the sb guys, chill out guys…

in Ranger

Posted by: Abrilete.1439

Abrilete.1439

I’ve been using the shorbow since last week and I haven’t detected any difference.
There is no nerf.

Baruch Bay, Ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Eh anet just has one of the worst balance teams ever….they honestly have no clue what they are doing. Why all of a sudden did they release the patch notes early for all of us to see? They use some crap about the asking for our help and then not changing a single thing we have been asking for. They change what they wanna change and don’t listen to their player base. They are greedy idiots who worry more about the money they makin off gems then their actual balancing of classes. Get a new team anet.

+1. The dev with curly hair is the worst of them. That guy is purely biased and has no intention to actually balance gw2. Guess twice wich profession is his favorite.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zerole.7306

Zerole.7306

This thread has some of the worst cases of anecdotal ‘evidence’ I have ever seen, lol.

in Ranger

Posted by: Somoe.3621

Somoe.3621

I love how people are so quick to jump on the “ANET SUX! THEY HATE RANGERS!” bandwagon.

Pro tip: Do some research before you start raging.

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

Before yesterday’s update for whatever it contained I was 4-6 hitting those grubs with a rare cultural tier 2 short bow at level 5 on my ranger. Right now im level 16 and my bow was at level 11 and does less damage after the update? Every time I shoot an enemy with short bow it now only takes out 1/14th of their HP.

OK that explains it.

The game scales down your stats proportional to your level when you fight stuff in low level zones. So a blue level 5 bow on a level 5 character will hit a level 2 mob for more damage than a yellow level 11 bow on a level 16 character.

In fact some people would WvW with low-level characters using some of the unusual low-level weapons with disproportionately high stats. The game scaled them up to level 80, and the weapon stats end up being better than exotic/ascended. At least until the character leveled. Dunno if they’ve patched those out, but search for half-eaten greatsword

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Well, at least this was a false alarm . . . thank God.

Gone to Reddit.

in Ranger

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

Look at all the sheep in this forum.

Someone says something, they all follow and rage at anet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

Well, let’s be honest, there are plenty of reasons to “rage at anet”. Among them, terrible “balancing” that we have witnessed since the game’s premiere. Nothing to discuss here, really.

Cheers

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

in Ranger

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

They should never have gone through with the initial shortbow range nerf.

It was completely uncalled for – the reason they gave was that no one was using longbow, so we’ll destroy the shortbow instead of putting some work into the less utilised weapons – some of the worst balancing in any MMO i’ve ever seen.

I still can’t get over the fact that they did that.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Ranger

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Well, Avigrus, according to some Devs it was a preception problem that the LB had. Of course, we have that preception because it was a worse weapon than the SB… at least until the last patch, which only happened because of the “animation fix” on the SB and the range nerf it made the LB look better… which was exactly the point of nerfing the SB in the first place.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Ranger

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

This game just got updated a few minutes ago and my short bow is doing less damage than a water elementalist’s Water Blast which is horrendous.

Before yesterday’s update for whatever it contained I was 4-6 hitting those grubs with a rare cultural tier 2 short bow at level 5 on my ranger. Right now im level 16 and my bow was at level 11 and does less damage after the update? Every time I shoot an enemy with short bow it now only takes out 1/14th of their HP. That is really terrible. so that didn’t make sense to me so it had to be the update with me questioning on this forum post. Either they buffed the health of enemies or the short bow got nerfed. I don’t want to have to rely on my pet for all of my damage output. I don’t understand what they did.

TROLL

No, not a troll im dead serious.

Also if you guys think this is my first character its not. I have played ranger in the past but deleted it and yes I used short bow on him too, and have 3 characters over level 30, and one at level 80. I know something changed, not a newbie here.

10/10, would read again. Very cool story, such a sad forum.

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

Cut him a break. If you don’t know about the down-scaling, it’s completely logical to think that a level 11 bow will hit harder than a level 5 bow, and a level 16 character will hit harder than a level 5 character. In fact they do hit harder, just not in level 5 zones.

in Ranger

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Cut him a break. If you don’t know about the down-scaling, it’s completely logical to think that a level 11 bow will hit harder than a level 5 bow, and a level 16 character will hit harder than a level 5 character. In fact they do hit harder, just not in level 5 zones.

Okay. You know what? Go look at what level is needed to use a culture tier 2 shortbow.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aureate_weapons
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Flame_weapons
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Norn_weapons
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Verdant_weapons

It’s not even him I’m disappointed with. Maybe it was an honest mistake. Maybe he has his terminology all messed up. Even if he is trolling, he did a great job.

The people here are lemmings. The fact that out of 48 or so posts, maybe 10 of the posters here called BS is alarming.

The majority can’t read, couldn’t see the flaw being presented in the OP, and/or just bandwagoned on the whole ordeal. It’s pitiful.

This is why no one, especially the devs, can take the ranger forum seriously. There’s the objective answer for that.

If you want to have open honest dialogue, step one is to stop BSing and PMSing over everything you think is wrong and articulate that in a manner that isn’t hysterical hyperbole.

You know what’s not going to work? Calling the one with curly hair the worst dev of all that has no intention of balancing GW2.

You know what that might do? Get you banned.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Okay. You know what? Go look at what level is needed to use a culture tier 2 shortbow.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aureate_weapons
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Flame_weapons
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Norn_weapons
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Verdant_weapons

It’s not even him I’m disappointed with. Maybe it was an honest mistake. Maybe he has his terminology all messed up. Even if he is trolling, he did a great job.

The people here are lemmings. The fact that out of 48 or so posts, maybe 10 of the posters here called BS is alarming.

The majority can’t read, couldn’t see the flaw being presented in the OP, and/or just bandwagoned on the whole ordeal. It’s pitiful.

This is why no one, especially the devs, can take the ranger forum seriously. There’s the objective answer for that.

If you want to have open honest dialogue, step one is to stop BSing and PMSing over everything you think is wrong and articulate that in a manner that isn’t hysterical hyperbole.

You know what’s not going to work? Calling the one with curly hair the worst dev of all that has no intention of balancing GW2.

You know what that might do? Get you banned.

Honestly, preach on.

This thread is very alarming.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat