Shortbow mastery

Shortbow mastery

in Ranger

Posted by: Tuknog.2691

Tuknog.2691

Grand Master trait (Skirmisher tree)
Improve shortbow dmg by 15 % , remove the bleed effect from auto shot.
Increase range to 1100(?)
Auto shot bounces to additional target.
What do you guys think?
Is this Op or ok?

Tuknog – Piken Square

Shortbow mastery

in Ranger

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Increase the range by 22%, adds +130% damage against any cluster of 2 or more enemies, and removes the tension between Condition Damage and Power, allowing you to gear all Power, all the time…

What do you think?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

(edited by Nike.2631)

Shortbow mastery

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

It was meant as a condition/control weapon, not power I assuke…

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Shortbow mastery

in Ranger

Nike.2631

More than anything else, the Shortbow is a positional weapon – it does more if you are flanking or behind the target. It rewards constant attention to the target’s facing.

Dumping the bleed makes it a head-on weapon. If that’s the playstyle you are looking for, you’re better off with a longbow.

Shortbow mastery

in Ranger

Posted by: sevenDEADLY.5281

sevenDEADLY.5281

New Trait: turn your weapon of choice into a 1500 range, 0.5s attack speed auto attack that explodes on impact dealing AoE damage to everything in a 600 range radius and stuns all targets hit for 1s. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THING BROS!!!!!!? GOOOD YEAH?? LOL WHY DOESN’T A MAJOR VIDEO GAME COMPANY HIRE ME TO DO THEIR BALANCING!!!!

Shortbow mastery

in Ranger

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

It was meant as a hybrid weapon.

Shortbow mastery

in Ranger

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Jack of all trades, master of none. Just like the ranger class itself.

Shortbow mastery

in Ranger

Tuknog.2691

New Trait: turn your weapon of choice into a 1500 range, 0.5s attack speed auto attack that explodes on impact dealing AoE damage to everything in a 600 range radius and stuns all targets hit for 1s. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THING BROS!!!!!!? GOOOD YEAH?? LOL WHY DOESN’T A MAJOR VIDEO GAME COMPANY HIRE ME TO DO THEIR BALANCING!!!!

Sit down kid…

Tuknog – Piken Square

Shortbow mastery

in Ranger

Tuknog.2691

Like the Mh axe so we have 2 hybrid.

Tuknog – Piken Square

Shortbow mastery

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

It already has more damage than longbow at everything but max range. Really the only thing Shortbow needs is to lose the directional requirement to apply bleed to the target. No other class has a directional requirement and in most cases those classes have a longer lasting bleed to offset the fact that shortbow fires so quickly.

Now it would be nice to give the weapon something extra so it didn’t feel like such a passive weapon, but I don’t know what they could scrap given how strong all the utility options for the bow currently are.

Better to probably give this class a skill on a short cooldown that does something unique for each main hand weapon that’s equipped.

Shortbow mastery

in Ranger

Nike.2631

Point of order: some thief skills are directional.

Shortbow mastery

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Point of order: some thief skills are directional.

I meant in order to apply a condition. But yes, the ‘from stealth’ moves have a directional requirement.

Shortbow mastery

in Ranger

Nike.2631

The thief ones apply an additional ‘condition’ if you’re positioned right… its just that condition is usually “holy heck that’s a lot more damage” .

I find the positional rewards speak a lot to the intended role of the shortbow – its a group weapon or possibly in conjunction with a tanky pet or a carefully placed opening shot with SB 5. Stun them facing away and put a few more arrows into then before they turn around.

Shortbow mastery

in Ranger

Rym.1469

We shoukd have a trait for both LB amd SB applying some immobilize. This way you can easily go flanking.

Shortbow mastery

in Ranger

Posted by: Stalima.5490

Stalima.5490

the only thing i dont like about the shortbow is actually crossfire, it just takes too much of your damage away when forced to stand infront of the target (maybe if it was poison or burn i would) however i am all for it being condition/positional with the rest of its skills as that would reward you for being in the right place rather than cripple you for not being in the right place.

id prefer not to use 2 bows in the same build since it just seems a little odd to be carrying 2 around with you for some reason (not gameplaywise but you know)

and im sorry but why are some ppl saying “buff the range on shortbow” its a SHORTbow so its supposed to have alot less range than a LONGbow… why do you think its even called a shortbow apart from being smaller than a longbow. (see the short and long in the names there that might just give you a clue about their design)
although they could probably add a range stat onto range weapons also altering their effective power accordingly but id hate to be the guy designing that off the rage it might just incur

Shortbow mastery

in Ranger

Rym.1469

the only thing i dont like about the shortbow is actually crossfire, it just takes too much of your damage away when forced to stand infront of the target (maybe if it was poison or burn i would) however i am all for it being condition/positional with the rest of its skills as that would reward you for being in the right place rather than cripple you for not being in the right place.

id prefer not to use 2 bows in the same build since it just seems a little odd to be carrying 2 around with you for some reason (not gameplaywise but you know)

and im sorry but why are some ppl saying “buff the range on shortbow” its a SHORTbow so its supposed to have alot less range than a LONGbow… why do you think its even called a shortbow apart from being smaller than a longbow. (see the short and long in the names there that might just give you a clue about their design)
although they could probably add a range stat onto range weapons also altering their effective power accordingly but id hate to be the guy designing that off the rage it might just incur

100% agree. #1 isn’t even designed for greater ranges, heck, it’s much more useful in nearly melee range when you can constantly switch sides, running through, jumping around. This way, it’s much easier to flank and flanking means +damage on shortbow, regardless of the build.

Shortbow mastery

in Ranger

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Grand Master trait (Skirmisher tree)
Improve shortbow dmg by 15 % , remove the bleed effect from auto shot.
Increase range to 1100(?)
Auto shot bounces to additional target.
What do you guys think?
Is this Op or ok?

I think using a GM trait to nerf a weapon is a bad idea.

The range was originally 1200, so a GM trait to take it to 1100 is underwhelming.
Its mainly used as a condition stacking weapon, so taking off that aspect makes the weapon kind of lame.
I like the +15% damage part and split sot idea though.

I also think you are on the right track with a SB mastery skill, it needs something to spice it up.

(edited by Yasha.5963)