Shortbow to 1000?

Shortbow to 1000?

in Ranger

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

Would there be anything bad with changing the shortbow range to 1000 so it at least has a logical range superiority above axe?

(edited by solrik.6028)

Shortbow to 1000?

in Ranger

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

Shortbow is too stronk, just like Bearbow!

Shortbow to 1000?

in Ranger

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

I’m all for a range increase. Although, I believe one of their intentions of reducing Shortbow range was to try and push users to LB.

If it were up to me I would make these changes:

• Axe (900) Range
    • Increase damage, but instead of it bouncing twice, I would make it a skill chain and hit once for X amount of damage, second hit does 30% more damage and third hit does the same damage but your axe shatters/explodes hitting up to 3 player while applying torment.
  • Shortbow (1200) Range
    • Change Poison Volley to a 2 skill chain that leaps forward smacking your enemy applying poison, then the second chain skill you leap backwards. Opposite of how sword #2 works.
  • Longbow (1500) Range
    • Merge RtW and Eagle Eye. New Trait would could be Axe Mastery (Increase the range of your thrown axes to 1200)
Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

Shortbow to 1000?

in Ranger

solrik.6028

That axe skill sounds very OP tbh.

For shortbow, not all skills would need an increase. Increasing the ranger on the basic attack would be enough. The problem is that shortbow is like a toy bow atm, which shoots with barely any power. Even though it’s good, the range is just so small that most people can use one leap to get away.

Shortbow to 1000?

in Ranger

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Shortbow can already get about 1000 range. When you have to force your auto attack, you’re at about 1k range.

Axe can’t do this reliably, with the exception of Winter’s Bite which I do believe is something of a homing projectile somedays. Love it.

If you’re asking that they normalize this quirk (not having to force the auto at 1kish), eh. I wouldn’t mind. Don’t count on it though. I think it’s that way for a reason.

Shortbow to 1000?

in Ranger

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

1000 versus 900 makes a lot of difference althought people wont believe it. I played engineer very much and their pistols are 900 without trait and 1050 with trait (+ explosion radius), and man it make world of difference. 900 range is still to close to melee train/melee mobs to keep adequate safety while kiting.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Shortbow to 1000?

in Ranger

solrik.6028

Shortbow can already get about 1000 range. When you have to force your auto attack, you’re at about 1k range.

Axe can’t do this reliably, with the exception of Winter’s Bite which I do believe is something of a homing projectile somedays. Love it.

If you’re asking that they normalize this quirk (not having to force the auto at 1kish), eh. I wouldn’t mind. Don’t count on it though. I think it’s that way for a reason.

Increases the range from 900 to 1000 would cause the arrows to fly to under 1100. No normalizations.

I’m suggesting the same kind of change that eagle eye does to longbow, except shortbow would only have it’s basic attack range increased.