Should I Be Expecting A Ranger Patch on 1/28

in Ranger

Posted by: Porkchump.8276

Porkchump.8276

Q:

I was Just curious if there was word that class balancing (or fixing) was going to go on at all in Anet’s new “2013 Patches”.

If not I cannot say Im surprised, but it’d be nice to think something might happen on the 28th.

Any thoughts?

Jade Quarry, Strike Force [SF]
“Hoodsmoke – 80 Ranger”
“Ziiig – 80 Warrior”

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

A:

Rangers won’t get hit with a nerf, I would say they will focus there time on fixing the current problems before they start rebalancing a class.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

If by balance you mean making them worse off? that can be expected.
If by balance you mean fixing what they said they would fix and bringing significant changes? wouldn’t hold your breath.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Agadar.4931

Agadar.4931

I’m hoping, praying even, for some proper changes. Sword auto-attack not rooting you in place. Arrows and pets actually hitting their targets. Spirits and shouts becoming viable. Trap-related traits not being in a traitline completely unrelated to traps. Etcetera.

Any one of those changes will do. Literally. Just any one.

However, I am expecting nothing at all. That way, I won’t get disappointed.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I’m hoping, praying even, for some proper changes. Sword auto-attack not rooting you in place. Arrows and pets actually hitting their targets. Spirits and shouts becoming viable. Trap-related traits not being in a traitline completely unrelated to traps. Etcetera.

Arah path 4 sparks follow only pets; my latest gripe. Ah, to be a ranger is to be universally hated in dungeon parties.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Agadar.4931

Arah path 4 sparks follow only pets; my latest gripe. Ah, to be a ranger is to be universally hated in dungeon parties.

I never find myself hated in dungeons. Usually, I’m the one saving everyone’s kitten with my quick-ressing, Search and Resque, and Spirit of Renewal mass ress.

Also, Healing Spring + Whirling Defense = spraying healing bolts all over the place.

in Ranger

Posted by: Balao.3016

Balao.3016

All I would love is pet AI, pet following, and pathing to be fixed. Love it when I’m running and stop, the stupid pet keeps going and agros like 10 things (exagerations but you get it). If that’s the only thing we see, then I’ll be happy. Only 22 so maybe I shouldn’t be talking about anything since I’m not 80, but I already see these as issues this early.

Got a warrior lined up in case it’s epic fail patch day, which I’m expecting. I will certainly miss the company of the pet if that happens.

in Ranger

Posted by: Anthrage.2519

Anthrage.2519

All I want is for our many bugs to be fixed. I could care less about improvements, rebalancing, changes etc…until I can actually play the Ranger as designed. That is the only thing I want to see for Rangers.

Ranger Anthrage Stormrider – Sanguine Wild Guild [SW]
sPvP BuildWvW Build
Tarnished Coast Server- Anthrage Stormrider on Youtube

in Ranger

Posted by: Porkchump.8276

Porkchump.8276

I guess i shouldn’t say “patch” in the title but i was jjst wondering if there was going to be any bug fixes for the class or minor (maybe even major if we’re lucky) improvments.

Jade Quarry, Strike Force [SF]
“Hoodsmoke – 80 Ranger”
“Ziiig – 80 Warrior”

in Ranger

Posted by: DancinPuppeh.8421

DancinPuppeh.8421

If any tweaks are made it can only be improvements. Theres no denying Ranger has some issues left to fix, and the devs have said their aware of the issues. From what I hear on the thief forums the thief is getting a nerf.

Ranger can’t reallt get nerfed as it’s already nerfed compaired to other professions. The only thing they can do to balance is nerf other classes or buff ours. If they do nerf the ranger than that’s a huge insult to Rangers. And I’ll probabally stop playing if they nerf Ranger. As I’m already disapointed with the ranger in this game and other mmorpgs do the ranger class a lot better…

in Ranger

Posted by: Tauril.8504

Tauril.8504

Don’t expect anything. That’s the only, obvious rule one should ever follow. This way if you’re not surprised at least you won’t be disappointed.

in Ranger

Posted by: Meryt.9823

Meryt.9823

I’m not holding my breath, but at least the caching of placeholder skins should help us to see our targets. Once that happens its a case of settle for what we have and ltp.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

We’re probably going to see an expansion pack worth of content nerfs.

A little birdie also told me they’re going to nerf Rapid Fire, but I couldn’t find any verification as of yet.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Ranger

Posted by: Majik.8521

Majik.8521

No.

not saying we won’t get any, just don’t expect any.

Wisdom is the reward for surviving our own stupidity.

in Ranger

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

I will cry if we get nerfs.

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

We’re probably going to see an expansion pack worth of content nerfs.

A little birdie also told me they’re going to nerf Rapid Fire, but I couldn’t find any verification as of yet.

I think I would be laughing the entire time as I uninstalled the game if this happened lol.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

Traps are going to get nerfed. I wouldn’t be surprised if they also disabled HiPS and the other stealth abilities as a band-aid to the problems they have in WvW.

Edit: Also Empathic Bond.

(edited by Nilgoow.1037)

in Ranger

Posted by: Dantaeus Heardt.5730

Dantaeus Heardt.5730

My main is a Ranger and I am partial to the profession, but I honestly do not expect any type of patch for us, I would like to see some balancing something that makes us a bit more viable on land as we are underwater but I doubt it. I hope ANet has not forgotten about us and are still planning on balancing the profession as they said they were. But until I see some changes all I can do is remain hopeful. Until then I’ll keep on tweaking my builds as needed and hoping the next update doesn’t call for me to change too much on how I currently play.

Dantaeus X Heardt Ranger Lvl 80
Zhaitans Tears Guild[ TWS ] NSP

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I never find myself hated in dungeons. Usually, I’m the one saving everyone’s kitten with my quick-ressing, Search and Resque, and Spirit of Renewal mass ress.

Also, Healing Spring + Whirling Defense = spraying healing bolts all over the place.

You apparently don’t run dungeons enough to see that.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

Last month they updated professions, I don’t see why they won’t this time around. Probably going to nerf barrage along with all other AOEs, but that’s w/e since it’s only one skill. And hopefully they fix some of the other Ranger issues to make up for it.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

in Ranger

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

The last time we had a ranger update the only major things that got improved got announced by John a few days in advance. Considering how much ranger hate he gets I think he wouldn’t hesitate to share good news again, so I wouldn’t expect anything special.

On the other hand: barrage nerf, trap nerf …

(edited by Sina.9208)

in Ranger

Agadar.4931

You apparently don’t run dungeons enough to see that.

I run plenty of dungeons, but apparantly not the ones where pets become a burden.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gelltor.3015

Gelltor.3015

More underwater buffs i’d say :P

in Ranger

Posted by: Dokuroizo.5348

Dokuroizo.5348

Yes Gelltor,

Last time we got a “big patch coming” I heard we were now the Aquaman of Tyria, but I just don’t feel it yet. So more aqua skills I say!

in Ranger

Posted by: neverborne.4736

neverborne.4736

I’m not expecting anything, mostly because every improvement in the past, they’ve announced ahead of time to quell the ranger rage.

All things being equal, I’d say ranger is still one of, if not THE most underpowered class in WvW due to the pet mechanic. If they nerf barrage without improving anything else about longbow… I will rage hard.

in Ranger

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

Oh yes, I do hope they fix sword root. I have killed myself twice now due to fighting enemies near the edge. Also, I find that I have to spam the dodge button to get it to respond when using sword.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jazenn.7526

Jazenn.7526

No, you shouldn’t expect anything besides what they tell you, and even then don’t get your hopes up. There won’t be some magical fix-all patch, change in this game is gradual for the most part, especially with professions since balance is fragile.

in Ranger

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Well theyre looking at all classes traits/skills , so the player has more options instead of 1 build

This being said the rangers traits are worse than all other classes as there is no synergy and certain traits are in the wrong place

[WM]give us in game ladder

in Ranger

Posted by: TogoChubb.3984

TogoChubb.3984

I’m not sure what to expect from the update but I feel very strongly that
for me to be a happier ranger I would need the following in order of priority. I understand these adjustments take time to implement and I do not expect them all at once but we have to start somewhere.

1. Longbow – Give me full damage at any distance or speed up the bow projectile to match the rifle until Anet can fix the obstructed bug. Between the obstructed shots (50% of the time) and current projectile/arrow speed the remaining half of my arrows only land 50% of the time because people can still side step (Or just run in a zig-zag pattern) them when shot from a distance. This results in only 25% of bow shots actually hitting the target.

2. Fix obstructed shots. Maybe half of my bow shots actually hit the target b/c of the obstruced problem.

3. I don’t like being put into or kept in combat b/c the pet is hit. Rangers already have a hard enough time getting away from enemies when in trouble but it is currently impossible due to lack of pet responsiveness to leave combat. Either give me the option to stow my pet at anytime (give me a cooldown before I can use the pet again), even during combat, or allow me to stow the pet and it only reappears when called by the player. I don’t need extra damage for stowing my pet…I just need the pet to stay there so I can escape.

If pets can’t be allowed to perma stow then I have to have full control over the pet. This means control of all pet attacks/skills and they should be quicker to respond to commands.

4. Make short bow #2 attack (Posion Volley) a true AoE targeted attack. This would help fight against thieves/culling. Currently ranger has no effective AoE on the shortbow. The scattergun/5 projectile spray rarely hits its target and unless you shoot it point blank. Posion volley is a skill currently only useful when you have a single target aquired but tries to use AoE application. Hmmm…ranger is very confused at the moment.

5. I know Anet is working on this – Fix pet’s problem with hitting moving targets

6. Improve spirits survivability.

Commander Togochubb aka Chubby
Perfect Dark [PD] – Yaks Bend

in Ranger

Posted by: neverborne.4736

neverborne.4736

It’s funny, after the big “spirit fix” I saw ONE ranger in WvW with spirits on patch day. I barraged and killed them all. Haven’t seen one since.

in Ranger

Posted by: kelman.9451

kelman.9451

I am idea, have the ability to stow away your pet and you gain its spirit giving you increased attack power for all your attacks.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

“This being said the rangers traits are worse than all other classes as there is no synergy and certain traits are in the wrong place”

No I am pretty sure that title belongs to the Necromancer. Only a handful of traits make any difference at all for them, and all of the minors are garbage. I’d say if anything Rangers have pretty decent traits, its just some are in the wrong places (traps).

“Rangers already have a hard enough time getting away from enemies when in trouble but it is currently impossible due to lack of pet responsiveness to leave combat.”

This is a LTP issue. The greatsword, use it. It has a 4 second moving block, a long distance rush on a short cd and a stun if necessary. Wolves are amazing cover for a escape. Trait their howls to do cripple and given how long it takes them actually howl, by the time they do the enemy will run right into it. That speed signet is pretty sexy too…and lastly: dodge rolling. Also, if you meant npcs and not enemy zergs then…Laughinggirls.jpg

As for thread topic….

“Don’t hold your breath”

in Ranger

Posted by: TogoChubb.3984

TogoChubb.3984

“This being said the rangers traits are worse than all other classes as there is no synergy and certain traits are in the wrong place”

No I am pretty sure that title belongs to the Necromancer. Only a handful of traits make any difference at all for them, and all of the minors are garbage. I’d say if anything Rangers have pretty decent traits, its just some are in the wrong places (traps).

“Rangers already have a hard enough time getting away from enemies when in trouble but it is currently impossible due to lack of pet responsiveness to leave combat.”

This is a LTP issue. The greatsword, use it. It has a 4 second moving block, a long distance rush on a short cd and a stun if necessary. Wolves are amazing cover for a escape. Trait their howls to do cripple and given how long it takes them actually howl, by the time they do the enemy will run right into it. That speed signet is pretty sexy too…and lastly: dodge rolling. Also, if you meant npcs and not enemy zergs then…Laughinggirls.jpg

As for thread topic….

“Don’t hold your breath”

Nah it isn’t a learn to play issue….Your pet helps thieves stay cloaked b/c they can’t dodge attacks and they keep you in combat speed when hit. Cripples are broken very easily in this game so traps and howls are no good either if you are facing a decent player. I run the speed signet and lightning reflexes and I can retreat a decent distance away but the pet always lags behind still attacking random mobs and enemies which keeps you in combat speed. Don’t use the greatsword but a class should not be forced to use one weapon to just to have an effective escape ability. I use my endurance dodges and i’m traited to gain endurance at a quicker pace. It is all b/c the pet keeps you in combat speed that causes a lot of issues for the ranger mobility. Maybe if the obstructed shot was fixed I wouldn’t need to retreat. Look i’m not asking for damage buff when the pet is stowed as I feel this would be OP. However, I am asking for the ridiculously random response of pets to be corrected.

Commander Togochubb aka Chubby
Perfect Dark [PD] – Yaks Bend

(edited by TogoChubb.3984)

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Doubt we will get buffs. It seems anet doesnt want to upset the meta which rangers arent a part of so they will probably just fix a few things like sol said before going for the throat.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shinigami.2193

Shinigami.2193

Hey there,

First off, let me say that I’ve got 4 level 80 toons. Guard, Warrior, Thief and Ranger and out of all of them, I really love my Ranger the most but have the least opportunities to play it since dungeon groups / fractals would rather have one of my other toons with them.

My wishlist.
1. Make the Ranger spirit build viable. Ran Spirit Ranger in BW and still to this day it’s the most fun I’ve had playing any class
2. Increase the IQ of pets…dunno how, just increase it.
3. Don’t let pet be targeted by Jade Maw and eaten by Jellyfish boss in Fractals.

That’s about it for me…well…one more….an increase in condition damage and direct damage for all weapons across the board would be nice….:P

(edited by Shinigami.2193)

in Ranger

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

Easiest way to get your pet out of combat is to pet swap. Also the F3 return to me ability works good. Now I do rely on my gs and maybe that extra distance from swoop causes f3 to teleport my pet or something but I’ve never had trouble getting out of combat.