Should I craft first viper armor or bers?

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

Hi all,
i have all the account bound stuff to craft armor and weapons, I also have the recipes for viper insignias.
I’d like to try fractals and dungeon, so my question is: will I be better off crafting berserker first or going for viper gear now?
It’s my understanding the the axe/torch condi build is not very useful in fractals?

Thanks

norn warrior

in Ranger

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

I don’t know where you heard that about axe/torch. I use that in fractals now. Works great for condi builds, which are recommended for high level fractals because of the much higher toughness of the bosses. The question comes down to which build are you going for? direct damage (berserker) or condi damage (viper/sinister)?

in Ranger

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

Berserker for very short fights (Open World, Dungeons to a degree, low-intermediate Fractals)
Viper for much longer ones/high end fractals.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Viper’s is actually not useful in some dungeon paths, not fractals. Dungeons have more instances (or paths) with inanimate objects that cannot be affected by conditions.

If all you want to do are dungeons and low-mid tier fractals, go Berserker’s. If you wanna expand to raids and higher tier fractals, craft Viper’s first and hold exotic Berserker’s set in your inventory for when the situation calls for it.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Heimdallr.7021

I don’t know where you heard that about axe/torch. I use that in fractals now. Works great for condi builds, which are recommended for high level fractals because of the much higher toughness of the bosses. The question comes down to which build are you going for? direct damage (berserker) or condi damage (viper/sinister)?

I prefer to go for condi damage with viper, my only doubt was its viability in high level fractal (which i plan to do as soon i get the class).
I think at this point I will craft viper and keep an exotic berserker set just in case (like Wondrouswall suggested).

Thank you guys.

norn warrior

in Ranger

Posted by: Coconut.7082

Coconut.7082

I prefer to go for condi damage with viper, my only doubt was its viability in high level fractal (which i plan to do as soon i get the class).
I think at this point I will craft viper and keep an exotic berserker set just in case (like Wondrouswall suggested).

Thank you guys.

I think condi Druid works a bit better than other condi classes in the high fractals because of our ability to reach peak dps really fast (for example I’ve seen up to 15-20k condi ticks even on weak trash mobs, playing SB+A/T), and you bring great support.
I will be a bit harder to survive with it than with a power build though..
Unfortunately exotics wont save you when there’s AR involved so having an extra set will be pretty situational..

Good luck

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

You can craft Viper and don’t think about bers.
Only fractal where you need Bers are Dredge fractal… for that case you can grab full bers trinkets. these will be pretty enough.

in Ranger

Heimdallr.7021

Ok thanks again, I crafted 6 viper insignias today, kittening expensive.

norn warrior