Should nerf Druid pets

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

While the Bristlebacks damage on the f2 ability might be a bit too much on a such a long CD the Smokescales assault is really not. It is solid 1v1, but when there are two or more entities it falls down considerably. And it is already far worse then the Revenants equivalent skill at less damage and kittens compared to 7.

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WLZppw3QMAk&rdm=1us9zu6t2&client=mv-google

Check the video above and see how cheesy mode and lame playstyle that druid has.
all he does in the video just runs kite and massive heal repeat rotation and his pet doing all the work. And no, dont compare thief to a ranger because thief require skills at least to play effective and more likely d/p and s/d are the only competible weapon set.
and, Why not nerf those 2 pets (not the whole pets and the mechanics) and buff other ranger stuff because pet is just there to support u in combat but look at that video lol funny that pet > ranger. Half of the time in that video all he does as ranger = heals and run.

Working as intended

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

Check the video above and see how cheesy mode and lame playstyle that druid has.
all he does in the video just runs kite and massive heal repeat rotation and his pet doing all the work. And no, dont compare thief to a ranger because thief require skills at least to play effective and more likely d/p and s/d are the only competible weapon set.
and, Why not nerf those 2 pets (not the whole pets and the mechanics) and buff other ranger stuff because pet is just there to support u in combat but look at that video lol funny that pet > ranger. Half of the time in that video all he does as ranger = heals and run.

Working as intended

I have to agree with Midori, this fights are really lame to watch and I don’t understand the druids attitude like he would be a great player…. actually he got carried by druids extreme healing potential paired with the high damage of the 2 new pets.

It seems to really need no skill at all to play like this. I don’t know about smokescale, anet already nerfed it and it seems ok for me, but bristleback should get its damage reduced.

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Working as intended

I have to agree with Midori, this fights are really lame to watch and I don’t understand the druids attitude like he would be a great player…. actually he got carried by druids extreme healing potential paired with the high damage of the 2 new pets.

It seems to really need no skill at all to play like this. I don’t know about smokescale, anet already nerfed it and it seems ok for me, but bristleback should get its damage reduced.

This video got nothing to do with Midori’s thread. The druid build shown in this video is obviously a hard counter to zerk warriors like most grindy bunker builds. You could have same results with bunker chrono, bunker tempest, herald revenant, scrapper etc…
When this build is up for 1v1 vs another bunker build, the fight will last forever and will end in a daw. Every profession can create immortal build that cant kill anything.

This thread is about the pets and notice the last batlle, the ranger(no druid) is using same pets and loses after 10 min fight from lucky rooting at the right moment.

Now, in pvp match can you afford to run around like an idiot? If cant cap and stay on points you ar useless. In real game standarts this play style is useless. Nothing to see here.

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

And it is already far worse then the Revenants

Not at all. With the upcoming nerf this skill pet is actually far better than ua in terms of damage without mentioning other stuff as insta cast. Just for science

Smokescale UA – 844/926 x5 (4220/4630 total) . 20/16 cd, 750 range, 300 radius, no windup animation

Rev UA – 663×5 with berserker ammy+str runes (3315 total), 12cd, 450 range&radius (easier to make it useless in teamfight), 3/4s casttime, interrupted goes on full cd.

I guess pet is supposed to deal more damage with my own skill than me as a player. Yep, seems legit

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

a ranger running NM and BM will always have high pet damage potential. And the Bristleback won’t stop hitting you if you nerf its damage.

So….using two trait lines to make our pets somewhat more threatening in exchange for our personal damage (No skirmishing/marksmanship = No MoC/OS/QD ) is imbalanced? Its just a more defensive setup that heavily relies on your pet dealing the bulk of your burst while you sustain*.

I still don’t see the problem – it just sounds like you experienced someone using the Bristleback/Smokescale burst really well and want to call it OP.

*(The meta’s definitely shifting away from this in the upcoming patch, so its better to wait and see how things work before making further calls on overall pet damage/durability since players are likely to die a lot sooner)

I can’t even understand how you managed to read my post and interpret it as I was complaining about pets.

People are apparently still too stupid to look at the amount of traits that actually benefits the pet in the ranger pvp meta builds. Nature Magic and Beastmastery contribute to a major increase in pet damage, and with smokescales and bristlebacks having an easier time sticking to the opponent than the vanilla pets, people start QQing about it because that potential damage actually hits more frequently.
You can probably tone down the amounts of projectile from the Bristleback does on its F2 (I wan’t a projectile finisher % chance in return, please), but a ranger running NM and BM will always have high pet damage potential. And the Bristleback won’t stop hitting you if you nerf its damage.

How is that complaining about pets? That first paragraph is literally me calling other people stupid for QQing about it.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

And it is already far worse then the Revenants

Not at all. With the upcoming nerf this skill pet is actually far better than ua in terms of damage without mentioning other stuff as insta cast. Just for science

Smokescale UA – 844/926 x5 (4220/4630 total) . 20/16 cd, 750 range, 300 radius, no windup animation

Rev UA – 663×5 with berserker ammy+str runes (3315 total), 12cd, 450 range&radius (easier to make it useless in teamfight), 3/4s casttime, interrupted goes on full cd.

I guess pet is supposed to deal more damage with my own skill than me as a player. Yep, seems legit

Your caculations are bad. Smokescale got ~30% crit chance with 150% crit damage. Rev with ith berserker ammy+str runes is 47%crit chance + 210% crit damage. it’s 35% damage difference. Not to mention rev can have much more traits synergie possibilities compared to what we can trait for pets. Yep, seems legit.

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

why is this even a discussion still, i’m sorry i ever fed this troll….

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

If any of you complainers actually played a ranger you would understand how dire and needed those two pets are. Yes they do high damage when traited they are supposed to be. Why is it these two pets are such a problem? Well they are are the only pets that can actually hit a moving target. They are the only pets that actually make our low coefficient trade offs worth while for having the pets.

As tragic said, I am well in favor for nerfs to those two pets IF we receive significant coefficient increases on our weapons because frankly right now the only way to burst, or be competitive with the other classes is with these pets.

Except it doesn’t. I frequently take 1-2k damage hits per missile in WvW.

You run valk thief
/15 chars

Except it doesn’t. I frequently take 1-2k damage hits per missile in WvW.

Ya that happens when you apparently run base toughness. Shocking as it may be.

God forbid he get’s Rapidfire’d for even more damage on a shorter cooldown. Nerf that one too please, ranger damage is clearly OP.

Lol so we have one skill that has a half decent coefficient and only if we get the full channel same deal with the pet. One skill and a pet. It’s the end of the world. Yet we have classes that have solid skills across their entire kit that are all 2+ coefficients.

Ohai a guildmember! :P

Spike Barrage really is excessive, though. It’s an effective 17.0 damage coefficient on a 15s cooldown at 1500 range (projectile physics). DPS-wise, it’s not much lower than CoR spam as it currently is on the 2s cooldown. Not to mention this is ignoring what the ranger has entirely, and that pet attributes do not scale with player stats. That’s completely absurd. The smokescale is annoying, but reasonable. The Bristleback, though, is in no way a reasonable pet for how innately durable it is + the mitigation/burst prevention to pets that the ranger/druid can offer.

And I’m totally okay with base ranger abilities getting upped substantially at this cost. Actually, I’d prefer it that way, and it’s what I proposed on the CDI quite some time ago. RF is about five times weaker than Spike Barrage. I can facetank an RF if I really want to and live. A ranger dealing huge damage via RF is also going to be glassy, wheres a tankier BM ranger doesn’t need to be.

I’d prefer the ranger and its pets to see more definitive splits based on trait allocation, and see meaningful traits for offense and defense pushed into BM instead of just hyper-inflating stats or scaling on pet abilities. Right now pet defenses are insane, and the utility of the pet is measured pretty much entirely by its damage output/skill coefficients or f2 skill’s utility. With tons of mitigation and high coefficients/better reliability, focusing the pet isn’t a valid strategy, and neither is really focusing the ranger/druid if they build for pet support. Further, I’d also like to see a lot of pets buffed – particularly birds – because unless you’re using the HoT pets, you’re strictly out-gunned, and a lot of the pets in regards to their animations and effects really are rather pointless/underwhelming.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

If their intent is to make pets DPS part of the overall Ranger package then it needs a boost actually. In fact, we need more. Those little packs of raptors that kitten us all off would be nice. I can’t say how many times I’d love one of those frogs we’ve all run into – yeah, they would be sort of cool.

Anyway – no, we don’t need any downward adjustments with pets. They actually need boosts or allow our food to carry over to include pets stats. Maybe I am a minority but the level of pets AI and attacks pale in comparison to Sally, Zoey, Jessie, and Sharon, AKA Mesmer clones.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

If their intent is to make pets DPS part of the overall Ranger package then it needs a boost actually. In fact, we need more. Those little packs of raptors that kitten us all off would be nice. I can’t say how many times I’d love one of those frogs we’ve all run into – yeah, they would be sort of cool.

Anyway – no, we don’t need any downward adjustments with pets. They actually need boosts or allow our food to carry over to include pets stats. Maybe I am a minority but the level of pets AI and attacks pale in comparison to Sally, Zoey, Jessie, and Sharon, AKA Mesmer clones.

Oh man I would love seeing druid’s running around with a little pack of pocket raptors.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Oh man I would love seeing druid’s running around with a little pack of pocket raptors.

I know, really! I mean think of it has like our little cluster bomb of light and love
Heck, leave the AI the way it is now how they sort of run amuck, scatter, then converge. Would be pretty cool.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

Just increase the cd on Bristleback. Don’t touch the damage. Also @OP, the pets aren’t Druid pets, but Ranger pets.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

Nerf pets ? hu? if any thing they need a 200% buff then again i don’t use OP pets just because there OP

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

Working as intended

… it’s a video game, don’t talk to me about skill.

I don’t play the game to entertain someone.

Arenanet has taken dmg away from the ranger and given it to the pet. You don’t want to be hit hard by the pet? Dodge. OR Anet can move the dps back to me.

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

So let’s get some things straight first.

The bristleback F2 is ineffective outside of close range. Last time I checked, the vast majority of the skill would miss a player that is standing on the other side of Graveyard on Legacy of the Foefire. On it’s own, it has an incredibly slow rate of damage and windup animation to the degree that, while it is frustrating to play against (AI always is, but ANet locked in on AI instead of removing it and creating a less toxic game when they had the chance during development), if you don’t make the mistake of letting yourself get hit by its channel (Dodge, interrupt it, etc etc, just like you would every other time a burst skill in this game gets thrown at you, CC’d or otherwise, you deal with this one exactly the same), then the pet itself is virtually ineffective compared to any other damage oriented pet.

The smokescale is only as poorly designed as the revenant skill it uses. It was honestly more balanced as a skill players had to control due to players having to actually have some semblance of actions to perform to get damage to happen and the intelligence of when to use the skill, however, with the design of the smokefield, really, both skills need to be controllable by the player (here’s a hint ANet, other games give a full range of control over the AI, we in this game aren’t so thick that we can only operate one button) because of how they are used and balance.

All of that being said, it isn’t the pets fault, inherently. It is, without a doubt, the fault of the introduced mightstacking abilities of the Heal skill that get hyper-magnified by pets that actually have operational intelligence and some resemblance of burst skills. It’s highly doubtful that when the pets were designed, they were designed with the idea that every time they were swapped in, they would end up with 6 seconds of quickness and 16 minimum might stacks. Those sorts of boons break balance all over the place when it’s ease of access and you wouldn’t just throw them on a warrior or a thief or high damage build etc etc because they pressed one button, and it isn’t really any different in this situation.

Seriously though, I’ve had this conversation over and over and it really isn’t the pets that need the change. The boonstacking capability of Heal as One, while no ranger (even I won’t directly, because I benefit) will ever complain about it, broke balance when it was first introduced and still breaks the balance of pets now, but balanced pets shouldn’t be nerfed because another mechanic is breaking them.

No idea why ANet, instead of addressing boon spam with more hardcounters and soft punishes, introduced more spam, but it really isn’t any reason to go nerfing something that really may not need to be nerfed, or at least not as heavy-handedly as people are calling for due to other mechanics.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

(edited by jcbroe.4329)

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Ohai a guildmember! :P

Spike Barrage really is excessive, though. It’s an effective 17.0 damage coefficient on a 15s cooldown at 1500 range (projectile physics). .

\o Guildy

This is where your misinformed. I know you have tried working the numbers backwards but somewhere your off, I dont think you’ve accounted for vulnerability or might in your encounters.

The pet only has 1,718 power. The range is only 1200. Spike barrage shots is listed as 15 hits but its actually 20. These are facts.

The base damage worked backwards on a zerk armor mesmer it avg’d 5,7k(5.2-6.4k over 10 tries) I’ve tested it you can feel free to double check your self. That’s only a 3.3 coefficient roughly the same as rapid fire and oddly its exactly what is listed on the wiki.

As Jcbro posted the insane damage is from stacking boons on the pet and vulnerability on the target which is very easy to do with how ranger has changed.

If the pet had a 17.0 damage coefficient it would be doing in excess of 25k damage in one barrage. While boonstacked 35k+ dmg. Which would be a world of kek.

No idea why ANet, instead of addressing boon spam with more hardcounters and soft punishes, introduced more spam, but it really isn’t any reason to go nerfing something that really may not need to be nerfed, or at least not as heavy-handedly as people are calling for due to other mechanics.

I think upcoming boon corruption changes, might make neco a prime counter to boonstacking on pets and our selves.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: JoTur.7256

JoTur.7256

Our pets are fine , it’s just a L2P issue , like the long bow RP in the past, you can los and dodge. There is no reason to nerft us , we are not even meta. Only our high skill play keep us in the game at each patch (always ranger nerf).

Skilled Ranger Team [AI] | Main ranger
condi theif&mesmer and Turret engi retired
Facerolled keyboard before it was meta

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Bristleback-dmg-output/first

Check this thread there are so many people already asking for nerf on bristleback.

Bristleback + smoke scale is kittenedly strong and its just unkillable which is OP.

They already nerf Smoke Assault damage by 70%

They already cut Bristleback hp into half, that any decent team can kill it with those 1214256 aoe spams.

Druid is not even that strong in current meta since Revenant and Chrono are just so much better.

Ranger is unviable in PVP even with those pets.

L2P.

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: garm.6275

garm.6275

If u r a beginner in pvp or wvw u should not visit forums and cry for nervs…. If u die to a ranger pet u r a beginner!

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

The crying in the pvp forums about this is going strong, and we all know what that means by now. Rangers aren’t wanted in pvp meta, it’s as simple as that, and the community will stop at nothing to make sure the class gets kicked out.
I’m rather amazed it took the community this long to catch up with the damage potential of the bristleback though…

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

The crying in the pvp forums about this is going strong, and we all know what that means by now. Rangers aren’t wanted in pvp meta, it’s as simple as that, and the community will stop at nothing to make sure the class gets kicked out.
I’m rather amazed it took the community this long to catch up with the damage potential of the bristleback though…

I’ll be waiting for Sick’Em change. Even if they nerf Bristle’s F2; but Sick’Em would allow pets to stick to target and ignore blocks – I’d trade it.
My only problem is that SmokeScale and Bristle are all we have. It’s finally something reliable and useful (sadly not OP, right Reves?). If they trade the damage potential from pets themselves to offensive BM shouts – well, where’s the harm? If the damage is lower but hit-success rate is increased – yea, I’m all aboard.

It is true that these pets made any offensive stat redundant. Sad as it is – it’s still not enough to make us meta. I’ll calmly wait for the changes and get disgusted as I usually do.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Floplag.4032

Floplag.4032

Sure, take all damage from all pets and leave only the supplemental abiltities such as heal, knopckdown, bleed etc… and bump the ranger itself by the same amount? Hows that?

As a Ranger i hate relying on AI for any portion of my damage, id rather the pets be buff bots, and apply supplemental things based on my damage and power, not their own.

Though i think most people would hate that just as much

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Sure, take all damage from all pets and leave only the supplemental abiltities such as heal, knopckdown, bleed etc… and bump the ranger itself by the same amount? Hows that?

As a Ranger i hate relying on AI for any portion of my damage, id rather the pets be buff bots, and apply supplemental things based on my damage and power, not their own.

See thats the thing. There are other rangers that enjoy having the pet be more than a CC bot. I for one LIKE having more than one damage source because it lets me work around an opponents active defense as long as I am good enough to take advantage of openings (have your pet pop another rangers counter attack while you land a halt bash immediately after…or having a pet hit a DH from behind while hes facing you while his forward block skill is active). If they were just utility bots. Then they would be even more meaningless than most of them are now in my opinion.

Any build that countered the rangers primary build would win by default. Where as now you can use the pet to fight against builds that counter your core body. A bit of CC or healing wouldn’t do much to stop that if they cant apply pressure.

The reason the smokescale and bristleback are so popular is because they apply reliable pressure to an opponent. Before them it was the bird family. Because ultimately those were more usefull than a CC that might not even DO anything. I don’t see how them applying a buff would be any different than the occasional fear. They would have to be REALLY strong buffs. Which would ultimately mean that only 1-2 pet families would be taken because the others would be meaningless. Exactly as we have now.

Edit: And you can bet your kitten theyd get nerfed because someone in the PvP forum didn’t like that we got some purely passive benefit just for slotting a pet. The only reason they WOULDN’T whine would be if the buffs were weak. Meaning it would just be a downgrade from what we have now. (Note I don’t agree with this mentality and I hate when people push for changes based on it. But I have been in these forums enough to know that it will probably happen)

Ghost Yak

(edited by Shadelang.3012)

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Floplag.4032

See thats the thing. There are other rangers that enjoy having the pet be more than a CC bot. I for one LIKE having more than one damage source because it lets me work around an opponents active defense as long as I am good enough to take advantage of openings (have your pet pop another rangers counter attack while you land a halt bash immediately after…or having a pet hit a DH from behind while hes facing you while his forward block skill is active). If they were just utility bots. Then they would be even more meaningless than most of them are now in my opinion.

Any build that countered the rangers primary build would win by default. Where as now you can use the pet to fight against builds that counter your core body. A bit of CC or healing wouldn’t do much to stop that if they cant apply pressure.

The reason the smokescale and bristleback are so popular is because they apply reliable pressure to an opponent. Before them it was the bird family. Because ultimately those were more usefull than a CC that might not even DO anything. I don’t see how them applying a buff would be any different than the occasional fear. They would have to be REALLY strong buffs. Which would ultimately mean that only 1-2 pet families would be taken because the others would be meaningless. Exactly as we have now.

Edit: And you can bet your kitten theyd get nerfed because someone in the PvP forum didn’t like that we got some purely passive benefit just for slotting a pet. The only reason they WOULDN’T whine would be if the buffs were weak. Meaning it would just be a downgrade from what we have now. (Note I don’t agree with this mentality and I hate when people push for changes based on it. But I have been in these forums enough to know that it will probably happen)

Dont get me wrong, im not saying i like it, just that its an option. I like the synergy of the 2 myself.
Im just wondering, mostly sarcastically, if that would pacify those who cant seem to determine how to work with it, and yet say nothing about other similar mechanics like necro minions and mes phantasms.
The pets SHOULD be a concern, you should have to think about them… its the primary class mechanic.. im sorry that some of you have to actually think about it, but that is after all the whole point to the class.
People want to be able to ignore them, which basically means they want to negate the class, perhaps if we hit harder, they would not be a concern.

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

@Floplag ahh I read the tone of your post wrong. My apologies for that.

Ghost Yak

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Floplag.4032

All good i didnt really specify as i was kinda baiting the haters. Bottom line they want to ignore the pet and trivialize the class mechanic when it really should be a problem for them. They really just dont get the class concept.

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

All good i didnt really specify as i was kinda baiting the haters. Bottom line they want to ignore the pet and trivialize the class mechanic when it really should be a problem for them. They really just dont get the class concept.

Turrets were supposed to defend a specific area and that was what they did some time ago. Engineers just had to defend themself because the turrets were dealing damage for them and their ability for heavy cc made it easy to survive.
What happened? Turrets got nerfed really hard.

Druids do the exact same thing now, druids just have to keep themselves alive with absurde healing and cc ability, so surviving is easy mode. Meanwhile the Bristleback is dealing heavy damage for them. Druids do the EXACT SAME THING everyone complained about turret engineer. Anet meant it is a too passive playstyle, so druids should get the same treatment. They are meant to heal really good (for raids sake), so where can we fix this problem? Reduce the damage of the Bristleback.

Concept isn’t an arguement, turrets had a concept too, but it was too strong and so it got nerfed.

(edited by Kodama.6453)

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Mesis.2951

Mesis.2951

I am not activly playing PvP but from what I have heard and read I have a question:
Imagine if FX engineer’s rocket turret tool belt would hit for 10k in non zerker build.
That skill is pretty slow, long CD and easy to dodge and spot

Or
Mine field from Mine, its pretty small AoE and you need to walk inside that. Imagine if each mine dealt 2-4k dmg

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

I am not activly playing PvP but from what I have heard and read I have a question:
Imagine if FX engineer’s rocket turret tool belt would hit for 10k in non zerker build.
That skill is pretty slow, long CD and easy to dodge and spot

Or
Mine field from Mine, its pretty small AoE and you need to walk inside that. Imagine if each mine dealt 2-4k dmg

Imagine that all Engineer damage would now be decreased by 30%.
Yep, you can have your rocket tool belt hit for 10K that way if the cast time becomes 2 seconds and it will put an exclamation mark above your head on cast and you’ll have to sacrifice 2 traitlines and a weapon for it; it would become single target and you’d have to sacrifice your heal for that burst.

Oh, I almost forgot – you wouldn’t be able to use it in melee range after 4 seconds of being in combat. So you’d have to increase the cooldown to 1 minute.

Yes, after these treatments you could have it hit for 10K. You know. Just to be equal.

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

The amusing part of all this is that the practice NPCs are better at playing against a BM druid than actual players are.

The NPC will actually go after the Bristleback when it starts attacking. The elementalist actually killed it with it’s Glyph of Storms before it could kill her.

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

Turrets were supposed to defend a specific area and that was what they did some time ago. Engineers just had to defend themself because the turrets were dealing damage for them and their ability for heavy cc made it easy to survive.

Druids do the exact same thing now, druids just have to keep themselves alive with absurde healing and cc ability, so surviving is easy mode. Meanwhile the Bristleback is dealing heavy damage for them. Druids do the EXACT SAME THING everyone complained about turret engineer. Anet meant it is a too passive playstyle, so druids should get the same treatment. They are meant to heal really good (for raids sake), so where can we fix this problem? Reduce the damage of the Bristleback.

Concept isn’t an arguement, turrets had a concept too, but it was too strong and so it got nerfed.

But turrets were immun to conditions at that time, also killing them let them explode and there were more than one
so where is my condition immun, exploding pet which can split into multiple parts?

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Turrets were condi immune, crit immune, produced boons, could reflect projectiles, and exploded when destroyed causing AoE knockback.

The pet is not even in the same ballpark as the pre-nerf turrets.

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Actually you have to control the pet well to get the best result.
It’s not passive game-play at all.

Plus Druid survive = easy mode under currrent Meta?
Guess someone didn’t participate in season 1 much.
Reaper and Revenant can explode Druid within seconds if Druid doesn’t pay attention and got cc once.
One gravity well when your stability is not up while a Revenant is hitting you = gg.

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Reaper and Revenant can explode Druid within seconds if Druid doesn’t pay attention and got cc once.
One gravity well when your stability is not up while a Revenant is hitting you = gg.

A well played Shatter Mesmer can get a Druid down by himself. Pretty quickly.

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

A well played Shatter Mesmer can get a Druid down by himself. Pretty quickly.

any tips on playing against mesmers? they’re the class i have the toughest time against. so many cc, evades blocks and they still have a ton of dps while being pretty tanky.

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

any tips on playing against mesmers? they’re the class i have the toughest time against. so many cc, evades blocks and they still have a ton of dps while being pretty tanky.

I need to know the build, 1st.
I’ve started playing Ice Trap knight Decapper (pretty cool stuff tbh) and all I do is predict when are they going to block, there I throw ice trap – and by negating their alacrity I practically won.
I’m also trying to PBS then away from their wells.

And for their elite I have Lightning Reflexes.

I can help you but I suppose a lot will change after today’s balance update.

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Indeed. Given our history, who knows where we’ll be with today’s ‘balance’ patch. Let’s hope it’s not another round of nonsense.

Gone to Reddit.

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Sorenstam Blackrose.8425

Sorenstam Blackrose.8425

Indeed. Given our history, who knows where we’ll be with today’s ‘balance’ patch. Let’s hope it’s not another round of nonsense.

Considering the best they had to entice us with was Shout buffs (insert jerking off motion here), I have little hope.

Voice on the Wind – Druid
Brorannosaurus [Rekz] – Formerly Less Talkin More [Sekz]
Dragonbrand

Should nerf Druid pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Redemer.2601

Redemer.2601

Seriously should nerf those 2 pets on druid it does massive damage and its unkillable what the hell..

Just one thing you seem to forget the pet is a huge chucnk of the rangers dmg and the pet is supose to be a threat its one of the major points about the ranger. and also like all scrubs seem to forget the bristleback f2 CAN be interupted ppl just usually dont have the brains to do it because the are to focused on killing the bunker to focus the glas canon

so in short interupt the pet its as easy as that its just like fighting any other player when they use their hard hit skill you interupt it dont whine if your to stupid to acually interupt it