Shout out to good ranger streamer

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Shadows Shooter on twitch. He usually has 0 people viewing which is a travesty. He’s the best ranger player I’ve seen streaming on twitch. I believe he posts here as “Ryan” or something, and he makes frequent appearances in Chaith’s stream as the enemy, which is where I first noticed him.

Hopefully he doesn’t mind the attention, but there are like… 2 rangers who post videos or stream.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Would definitely be a good guy to watch to try to learn a thing or two for an aspiring ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Fluffy weren’t you experimenting with vids? The only one I saw was (mirror!) your first test clip ;-(

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Would definitely be a good guy to watch to try to learn a thing or two for an aspiring ranger.

Because you don’t stream.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Fluffy weren’t you experimenting with vids? The only one I saw was (mirror!) your first test clip ;-(

I was. I feel like you have to record every second of playtime though. A lot of WvW is not interesting to watch at all, and then you have some incredible fight and you weren’t recording.

I also have no idea how to edit the final videos. I dunno, we’ll see.

in Ranger

Justine.6351

I was. I feel like you have to record every second of playtime though. A lot of WvW is not interesting to watch at all, and then you have some incredible fight and you weren’t recording.

I also have no idea how to edit the final videos. I dunno, we’ll see.

Maybe I lucky with shadow play. Upkeeps previous 5-20min of play (I use 5min) and just hit hotkey to save the 5min chunk. I just use windows movie maker cause I’m not making a movie (odd right?) But I guess that’s for nvidia cards?

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Recorded videos also feel weird to me. Like… you’re sort of bragging, fighting terrible people… teaching mechanics or tips & tricks feels incredibly condescending. I’m not sure what a recorded video should even be.

That’s one reason I like good streamers. It just is what it is. Ryan does a good job talking about his game play, and it’s just fun.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

Yeah, this guy is awesome. I’ve had the pleasure of playing with him a few times.

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

I was hoping to begin streaming sooner, but I’ll begin streaming each week soon once I get my new computer and put my current one in the trash.

When you see me on twitch, don’t hesitate to ask me whatever you like!

I like watching Shadow Shooter aswell, quite a nice guy too.

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

(edited by Skullface.7293)

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Recorded videos also feel weird to me. Like… you’re sort of bragging, fighting terrible people… teaching mechanics or tips & tricks feels incredibly condescending. I’m not sure what a recorded video should even be.

That’s one reason I like good streamers. It just is what it is. Ryan does a good job talking about his game play, and it’s just fun.

I have this prob. I’m not super ranger and my build is not super 1v1. I’m out to have fun and sometimes I want to share me having fun. I get a lot of “you suck, your build sucks”. I don’t feel that I’m that horrible or I simply wouldn’t be playing this ranger. I would be playing my Cele healing shout condi s/s, lb lamer warrior.

I think I might try 20min unedited roaming vids. Well I would edit speed for boring running,camps,keep tags. I could decide prior to recording to record so it wouldn’t be cherry picking 20min clips (lol). For me that might condense 20min down to 5-10min depending on time of night and what I’m trying to achieve.

Just a route you could consider? All engagements: win,loss,1v1/2/3/zerg in hour once per week?

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

But that is only the ones that record for 2months and only show their own best performances in heavily edited videos and never when they screw up, granted most are like this but not all.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ariete.6509

Ariete.6509

c’mon guys! More links and less flirting, google is killing me with unrelated results… i guess gw2 is pretty underground stuff.

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I believe he posts here as “Ryan” or something.

Stole my name… :P

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

But that is only the ones that record for 2months and only show their own best performances in heavily edited videos and never when they screw up, granted most are like this but not all.

I usually push out a weekly video from my current matchup: fights that I enjoyed and silly things I encountered. I’m not trying to prove how awesome I am and how I steamroll everyone with my friends, I’m not afraid of putting our wipes in the video if the fights were good but I don’t see any point of adding clips where I am killing npcs for stacks or me ramming a gate. Unless I killed someone with that ram, then that would have to go in there because that’s just silly :x

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I enjoy your videos FrouFrou. Good music, and team fights are somehow less braggy than individuals fighting.

I actually like a ton of people’s videos that are individuals fighting, I don’t mean to dissuade people from posting them.

in Ranger

Posted by: Padapwn.5924

Padapwn.5924

i stream when i can and i believe im not terrible at lb ranger.. i do miss alot of my skill shots as i mained thief for 90% of this game still learning. I also run with a wvw guild on sunday-tues and then thursday, and we gvg some of those days, wouldnt mind some feedback even if it is trolly i can usually find something out of it to work on.

I dont have a set stream time, but usually will be streaming after 5pm PST sometime and I do some random things.

twitch.tv/padapwn

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

I will start streaming in the summer if I have time. Some people have been asking so I thought I’d just put it out there.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Thanks the the shoutout.

I didn’t see any ranger streamers so I thought that it couldn’t hurt to start. It also seems to be a good way to show my playstyle and reasoning better than youtube videos.

Ranger | Elementalist

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Thanks the the shoutout.

I didn’t see any ranger streamers so I thought that it couldn’t hurt to start. It also seems to be a good way to show my playstyle and reasoning better than youtube videos.

where we find you?

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Go to twitch some time really late at night and scroll waaayyyyy down.

Ranger | Elementalist

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

EU late or NA late?

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Extremely late night NA from what I’ve seen. So late you could probably find him when you’re awake in EU.

Maybe he’ll upload some of the streams….

in Ranger

Posted by: Mia Crazymike.1780

Mia Crazymike.1780

Go to twitch some time really late at night and scroll waaayyyyy down.

Maybe a Twitch.tv link for the lazy people.