Show the A-Net team some respect!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Dera fellow rangers. The latest updats for the ranger was NOT the “big ranger update”, it was simply a generel patch update. So, please show our awsome A-Net team, who is currently sitting there – working on our favourite class – some respect and patience, and stop your endless wining!!!

Thanks A-Net for a great game!

Kima & Co

in Ranger

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

They why did J.Peters specifically say significant ranger improvements would be in the November 15th patch, only to come here that exact same day and say he actually hasn’t been working on everything he said he was, and has no idea when it will be implemented, if at all?

in Ranger

Posted by: Aeri.5738

Aeri.5738

I think ANet should show some respect towards the players!

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2.” – Well, I guess you really failed, ANet!
Update 5.9.2013: getting better ANet, still way to go!
A Lannister always pays his debts – For everyone else, there’s Mastercard.

in Ranger

Posted by: Madtavish.9037

Madtavish.9037

And i think the whole community should show A-Net some respect. Without them you wouldn’t be even playing this game.
Now image if you are working on the class fixes, and whole class community is insulting you and demanding something, you yet cannot, but want to provide. I think anybody would say kitten this kitten and just for sake of it, would not work on those fixes anymore.

Also anyone who wants to argue :“Jon Peters said its gonna be on Nov 15Th anahshahasddsghahgdashgaggahgdsgdhasgsdhasd” then that person has to realize that A-Net aren’t group of demigods. They people. And people sometimes don’t meet deadlines. Sometimes then can’t keep up the promises. I bet anyone of you crying kitten was late to finish some work, sometime in your life. So shut up about A-net being late. I pretty sure they will provide us with the fixes you all so much desire, but everything needs time to be done.

“No matter how wonderful or wierd the weapon, what matters, it the man behind it.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Xylith.4873

Xylith.4873

And i think the whole community should show A-Net some respect. Without them you wouldn’t be even playing this game.
Now image if you are working on the class fixes, and whole class community is insulting you and demanding something, you yet cannot, but want to provide. I think anybody would say kitten this kitten and just for sake of it, would not work on those fixes anymore.

Also anyone who wants to argue :“Jon Peters said its gonna be on Nov 15Th anahshahasddsghahgdashgaggahgdsgdhasgsdhasd” then that person has to realize that A-Net aren’t group of demigods. They people. And people sometimes don’t meet deadlines. Sometimes then can’t keep up the promises. I bet anyone of you crying kitten was late to finish some work, sometime in your life. So shut up about A-net being late. I pretty sure they will provide us with the fixes you all so much desire, but everything needs time to be done.

Excuse me? We should show Arena Net some respect because without them we wouldnt be playing it? LOL

I think you’ve mixed things up a bit here. Without US they wouldn’t even be a kittening company. They need consumers to buy their stuff otherwise they wouldn’t even exist. Good luck being a business without a customer base.

I actually work as a developer, and we have a kind of a rule, DO NOT promise stuff that you can’t guarantee. All it does is piss your customers off. Whenever I’m developing content and we get asked by customers, or internally “When is this going to be done” we NEVER EVER give a date. I would only ever say “Well I’m working on it, but I can’t give you a confirmed date yet until I know for certain it’s ready to roll out”

Yea sure, sometimes developers won’t hit deadlines, in fact it happens all the time, but we don’t go addressing the community hyping them up essentially insinuating that something is going to be coming out on a date when it’s not. Bad move.

in Ranger

Posted by: Avandor.5743

Avandor.5743

Anet is a business, offering their products to a wide base of clients… lets not forget that.

Stopthinking of it as a game and view it from the economical point of view. We are their customers, for a product we paid for, be it a one time transaction, be it via monthly payments like other companies do. Its a mutual agreement transaction, so stop treating Anet like 3 nerds stuck in a basement working 24 hour days for our MMO’ing pleasures.

But we do need to abide by their rules in their own forums, thats it.

80 Human Druid of Piken
Stomp for Píken [PS]

in Ranger

Posted by: Kurow.6973

Kurow.6973

It’s super easy to hand out updates after updates making rash changes back and forth.

Will it please anyone? NOPE!

Just look at the other forums (specifically thief). Nerf one thing being kittened about, and people come up with another…the cycle continues. It’s never ending.

No one is ever happy in this generation. It’s pathetic!

I for one am quite pleased as is…and thank ANet for providing me with such a great entertaining product!

in Ranger

Posted by: Xylith.4873

Xylith.4873

It’s super easy to hand out updates after updates making rash changes back and forth.

Will it please anyone? NOPE!

Just look at the other forums (specifically thief). Nerf one thing being kittened about, and people come up with another…the cycle continues. It’s never ending.

No one is ever happy in this generation. It’s pathetic!

I for one am quite pleased as is…and thank ANet for providing me with such a great entertaining product!

Heaven forbid they are using an iterative software development life cycle. All that feedback.

I do agree though that people will find things to nit pick constantly, but that’s kind of the idea with developing software for customers. You constantly improve based on feedback, it will never be right, no software ever will be (or rarely) so you keep improving.

in Ranger

Posted by: OrangeMarmalade.6147

OrangeMarmalade.6147

Agreed, have some respect for the people whose game you play, it’s like complaining at your landlord that the apartment is crap but then proceeding to live in it.

in Ranger

Posted by: agnostAnts.7065

agnostAnts.7065

Maybe if the landlord had promised everyone on the fifth floor heated bathroom floors and fixing the bad seals the windows have, but then got them all garbage disposals. I mean yeah, I guess that’s nice and helpful, but what about the other, nicer stuff you said you were getting?

in Ranger

Posted by: OrangeMarmalade.6147

OrangeMarmalade.6147

Maybe if the landlord had promised everyone on the fifth floor heated bathroom floors and fixing the bad seals the windows have, but then got them all garbage disposals. I mean yeah, I guess that’s nice and helpful, but what about the other, nicer stuff you said you were getting?

What if the “promised things” are just a matter of perception, and also you’re free to move out. WoW had so many bugs and inbalance at the start. All games have to start somewhere, they don’t start at perfection. Secondly, my apartment is topping PvP lists I guess, it’s up to the apartment renter to actually clean his apartment, but some apartments like to blame the landlord.

in Ranger

Posted by: ocfallwind.4821

ocfallwind.4821

Bulls. You’re still a student, or never have a job right?
When you are doing a job, you have to meet deadlines AND expectation. If you know you can’t, you let your clients know, instead of even making promise on an explicit date or results to be expected. Or you will probably get blamed, yelled at, demoted or even fired.

It’s not that hard to understand right? If you are a responsible person.

in Ranger

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Respect is earned… respecting someone just because they have control of something you like is nothing but an attempt to manipulate the word for what seems could be your own gains…

Aaaanyways, nothing Anet has done so far (in relation to PvP) has been worthy of respect…
They’ve been oddly silent about balancing to classes and the few tidbits they’ve given have been terribly misleading…
I mean, they released a game advertised for competitive PvP, yet left it leaps and bounds from being able to support it at launch and months from launch… even look at this last update, their main claims were to tone down spike dps and fix the ranger. Tons of people were phyced for that… but wait they somehow saw that best done by killing thief s/d while leaving the d/d spike spec entirely intact, oh and buffing ranger underwater combat…

Nothing in that is worthy of respect.
WTF with all these house analogies… if a landlord continually beats you up, answer me this, if he constantly says he will help you, leaving you sitting out on the porch for a few hours with paintbrushes and no paint, giving only vague reassurances that he will be there to help soon… for months… how the kitten does that have anything to do with respect?
Sure you can move out, but how does that make what he is doing any less kitten’ish

There is accountability, just like you are accountable to pay Anet for their game they are accountable to deliver on what they said that game entails….
Or, well, yeah, people leave.
And this game goes into that endless cycle of hype->disappointments->dead that every game short of WoW, LoL, exc. has… they have time because of the lack of monthly fee, but still they are losing players that will be extremely tough to get back… the whole group of people I knew who were heavily into PvP played GW2 for 1~ month before moving on and, for the most part, dumping MMOs for the time being… GW2 is just terribly, lacking, atm for that to be the case…

(edited by garethh.3518)

in Ranger

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

I agree with the counter points and laugh at the OP’s post and those that agree with him!

This is a product. ArenaNet is a company. In the end the sum is about money and time – not about respect and personal feelings. Companies earn respect when they meet deadlines and provide quality service; they do not earn respect because they made a cute product that’s fun to play with.

Jon Peters promised “significant changes” to the Ranger profession. Now I don’t ever recall him saying it was specifically November 15th, but he did state “mid November.” In light of the Thanksgiving holiday coming up this week, I doubt there won’t be a significant update anywhere in the vicinity of “mid November.” In addition, Jon has been very quite as of late, stating only that “longbow and sword are in a good place.” Based on these observations, the November 15th content patch was the “significant changes” patch Jon was referring to.

As we all know, those changes were not “significant” at all; in fact, they were a huge disappointment. As this is the second major strike against ArenaNet developers since the Shortbow incident (third if you wish to count Beta Weekend 3) this has rightfully upset a major portion of the Ranger community.

So while I respect your opinion to respect the developers of Guild Wars 2, I do not agree with it and find the lack of quality service disturbing.

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

in Ranger

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

Look, it is simple. Anet made a promise they couldn’t deliver on. That is the issue. You tend to lose credibility when you do something like this. The better path for Jon would have been to come on PRIOR to the patch and for warn us, after making a promise that circumstances prohibited the total release from happening on time as he stated.

Or, better yet, Jon needed to not make the promise to begin with. Just say something like Ranger love is being looked into, we know there are issues and we are doing our best to correct them as soon as possible, and here are a list of what we are working towards….

Sadly, a mistake like this hurts on two fronts, both on Jon’s credibility, but also, now he will be more reluctant than ever to come here and give any hints or ideas on stuff he is working on, for fear of it not coming true again.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in Ranger

Posted by: Anarchy Dog.2806

Anarchy Dog.2806

in Ranger

Anarchy Dog.2806

I have never read a thread with more fanbois. WTH is “kitten this kitten”.

ANet is a corporation dependent on its customers they are obligated to respond to peoples complaints or lose those customers. To the original poster please stop telling people not to share their opinions you have no right.

The ranger class is not broken. Is it ideal far from it. Our survivability is to low in comparison with other classes. Our damage is mediocre. But I find it extremely fun to play.

in Ranger

Kurow.6973

I have never read a thread with more fanbois. WTH is “kitten this kitten”.

ANet is a corporation dependent on its customers they are obligated to respond to peoples complaints or lose those customers. To the original poster please stop telling people not to share their opinions you have no right.

The ranger class is not broken. Is it ideal far from it. Our survivability is to low in comparison with other classes. Our damage is mediocre. But I find it extremely fun to play.

Ranger survivability is low? Perhaps people should stop trying to be all glass cannon heroes.

in Ranger

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

Ranger survivability is low? Perhaps people should stop trying to be all glass cannon heroes.

My gear is almost full Dwayna (working on the last two now), my accessories compliment and I use the Pet takes all damage ability a lot…. Yes, our survivability is to low, I’ve been 3 shot by a thief with 22k health (granted I didn’t get the pet takes damage off in time) but still. Not buying your argument we are all trying to be glass cannon heroes.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in Ranger

Anarchy Dog.2806

I’m not speced as a glass cannon. As a matter of fact my survivability is better then some. In FotM 10 I live as long as anyone.

But one spec and one set of optimized exotics is does not make for high survivability.

But that is not the heart of my post. My post is intended for all the people who think it is okay to tell people not to share their opinions. I just hate people like that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dware.4259

Dware.4259

I dont even care anymore.

ANET had their chance, they lied and dragged their feet so i moved to Planetside 2.

Anet obviously didnt want my money,.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

People saying that rangers are fine have been refuted by Jon Peters himself, so that’s not even part of the argument. And a class being fun to play has only a marginal part of the discussion. I enjoy the ranger mechanic – I don’t enjoy guildmates being unhappy that I’m along instead of another class.

We’re currently in a dysfunctional relationship. We’ve been nerfed, lied to about said nerf, placated with promises, and then had those promises broken.

I feel like some people are suffering from Stockholm syndrome…..

in Ranger

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

they will get respect when they stop buffing the warrior, yes warrior has some weak skill but they have the most OP skills as well and have recieved nothing but buffs lately.

if Anet is buffing the most OP class there is instead of fixing the weakest class there is atm. then they arent getting my respect.

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

in Ranger

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

ANET had their chance, they lied and dragged their feet so i moved to Planetside 2.

They already got your money.

Yeah they got mine as well, but they won’t be getting anymore.

I would of thought they would have treated us with a bit of respect, at least let us know what going on, but no, nothing, dead quiet.

Perhaps they hope we’ll give up and go away.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Ranger

Posted by: Akisame.9508

Akisame.9508

Pardon my scotch but please pull your head out of your kitten Jon Peters Lied. Plain and simple. He said that they already had the fixes done but had to pull them from the previous patch because they needed to do further testing on it but it would be in the following patch. He gave us a list of what was pulled out of that patch that was already complete but not thoroughly tested enough. 1 month later when that promised patch date came, not one thing that he said was already fixed was implemented into the patch. He then goes on to say that they only have two people working on the kitten thing and they didn’t have the TIME to test the updates. They had a hole god kitten month to test the update that where already complete and pulled from the previous update and they didn’t have the time? They had the time to PATCH and TEST more updates for all other classes, more then any updates done for the ranger’s, yet they didn’t have the time to test the updates that they had already done? That my friend is what you call being full of kitten! We where lied to, plain and simple. We don’t owe him any respect and we don’t owe him any thanks because he lied to us. Flat out, disrespected US, why should I respect them for disrespecting me? Wake up and smell your toast burning, stop being a fan boy. I’ll start respecting when they own up and apologize instead of giving lame excuses.

in Ranger

Posted by: Titan.1580

Titan.1580

Although I don’t pay a sub fee, which ultimately does have the outcome of me sticking around vs. bailing as I did in SWTOR, I won’t give Anet the excuses for not polishing my chosen class.

Anyone who has leveled and loved a class only to find out they are terrible in their chosen end game environment (WvW for me) is a let down of huge proportions. Would I feel as bad say, if, other classes were complaining rather equally about their toons? No, because that’s a better form of “balance” than we have today in the game. Rangers are relegated (regardless of build) to little more than fodder that require far less to kill than the damage they can put out in the same span of time.

I am ok with “glass cannon” builds. It forces me to hone careful play, and to choose fights wisely and to depend more on my group than with more stout builds, but when the class balance is lacking and the bugs exacerbating those problems take away the fun I am supposed to be having, one can’t help but wonder where Anet is spending their time.

in Ranger

Posted by: Batlav.6318

Batlav.6318

Will show respect when they do so and apologize to all rangers

SFR

in Ranger

Posted by: Zox.5964

Zox.5964

I’m not one to grump around on forums or complain about stuff much. In pretty much every game I play I have fun playing and that’s it. Gw2 however has some big balance issues getting in the way of my fun. When I don’t have time to play characters besides my lvl 80 ranger main it pisses me off when I cannot have nearly as much fun as I might because of a rather broken class.

in Ranger

Posted by: Plague.6723

Plague.6723

Respect is not earned it’s given, but can be lost. Trust is something A-Net has not earned, and trust should never be given freely. Either way the community was misinformed, so as a result there reputation took a direct hit. Had they of said nothing then there would be no problem. It’s very simple, common sense really.

in Ranger

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

Amen!

I was cool and level headed up to the point they blind sided us with the Crossfire nerf aka BUG FIX. After that I lose all respect for what they do. They can regain it back if their so called Ranger fixes are worth it. I’m not holding my breath though.

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
» My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

in Ranger

Kurow.6973

My gear is almost full Dwayna (working on the last two now), my accessories compliment and I use the Pet takes all damage ability a lot…. Yes, our survivability is to low, I’ve been 3 shot by a thief with 22k health (granted I didn’t get the pet takes damage off in time) but still. Not buying your argument we are all trying to be glass cannon heroes.

That simply means you’re bad. Sorry, but that’s the harsh truth. You even admitted yourself that you didn’t get your skill off. Perhaps you need better reaction time…or, if it’s your lag, a better internet connection.

A thief cannot 3 shot you in sPvP if you’re any good at ranger…let alone any other class. Maybe a few months back, I would have bought this story, but not now. WvW is irrelevant because anyone properly geared can pull off ridiculous amounts of damage and kill you in under 2~3 seconds (especially if you, yourself are in a glass cannon build).

I fail to see the logic in this post. If you’ve moved on, perhaps stop trolling the forums? Sounds like you just want attention, and are trying to achieve it through a form of threat/guilt.

I’m sorry, is this a joke? They should be showing us, paying customers, some respect. You know, the kind where we aren’t constantly lied to.

This game has no monthly subscriptions…did you know that? If you don’t like it, easiest solution is to leave. No one is actually forcing anyone to play.

I personally think I have gotten far more than my money’s worth for the game…and I am quite thankful to ANet for providing me with such an entertaining game.

Yes, some changes and fixes should be addressed, but I find no reason to constantly kitten about it…and demand “respect”.

They already got your money.

Yeah they got mine as well, but they won’t be getting anymore.

I would of thought they would have treated us with a bit of respect, at least let us know what going on, but no, nothing, dead quiet.

Perhaps they hope we’ll give up and go away.

…or perhaps, they’re not stupid enough to take everyone’s advice and push out rash changes just to TRY please EVERYONE…because that is NOT possible.

I’m glad they’re not just rushing to update EVERYTHING, EVERYONE is suggesting, because that would break the game. Pushing out unnecessary buffs and nerfs is the stupidest thing any game company can do. Especially in a competitive pvp game like GW/GW2.

(edited by Kurow.6973)

in Ranger

Posted by: Moustached.4195

Moustached.4195

I think honestly a mutual respect would lead to an easier fix to all the problems, but I don’t see it happening. Anet isn’t going to give away design ideas for the class which I feel is disrespectful. In general, this class is so broken none of us even know how Anet intended it to work, so some of us might realize when it’s fixed, we don’t even want to play this class anyway. And players are going to hate Anet for false hopes and class imbalance which is pretty much standard in any new MMO.

The way to fix this would be simple, utilizing a dev for each class with significant knowledge of the class who could comment on potential fixes to Anet while giving input to the community as well. However, Anet seems to enjoy running a skeleton crew and keeping the community in the dark. So, I rest my case.

in Ranger

Kurow.6973

I think honestly a mutual respect would lead to an easier fix to all the problems, but I don’t see it happening. Anet isn’t going to give away design ideas for the class which I feel is disrespectful. In general, this class is so broken none of us even know how Anet intended it to work, so some of us might realize when it’s fixed, we don’t even want to play this class anyway. And players are going to hate Anet for false hopes and class imbalance which is pretty much standard in any new MMO.

The way to fix this would be simple, utilizing a dev for each class with significant knowledge of the class who could comment on potential fixes to Anet while giving input to the community as well. However, Anet seems to enjoy running a skeleton crew and keeping the community in the dark. So, I rest my case.

Maybe you don’t want to play cause you want to be baby fed, but that doesn’t mean everyone else doesn’t. I still play my ranger fairly frequently, and in sPvP at that.

in Ranger

Moustached.4195

Maybe you don’t want to play cause you want to be baby fed, but that doesn’t mean everyone else doesn’t. I still play my ranger fairly frequently, and in sPvP at that.

You should actually read the post before commenting. It’s okay though, I can baby feed you english twice as fast!

I didn’t say that I don’t want to play my Ranger. I said that for all we know, when Anet finally gives the class a set direction, some people may have not wanted to play in that direction in the first place. A lot of people coming to this class are going to base its conceptual gameplay on similar models (GW1 Ranger, WoW Hunter, insert any archer class ever made here…) and this may not even be how Anet wants the class to play. For all we know, this class may be designated as a more defensive, evasive combat class, it may turn into an offensive barrage of heavy burst damage coupled with Pet dps, it may become a support/CC class, utilizing battlefield attrition to destroy an opponent’s will. We don’t know because none of the parts of the class currently really work as intended, and unless you know something the entire community does not, for all you know, you may be playing a class you will not like come next patch!

in Ranger

Kurow.6973

You should actually read the post before commenting. It’s okay though, I can baby feed you english twice as fast!

I didn’t say that I don’t want to play my Ranger. I said that for all we know, when Anet finally gives the class a set direction, some people may have not wanted to play in that direction in the first place. A lot of people coming to this class are going to base its conceptual gameplay on similar models (GW1 Ranger, WoW Hunter, insert any archer class ever made here…) and this may not even be how Anet wants the class to play. For all we know, this class may be designated as a more defensive, evasive combat class, it may turn into an offensive barrage of heavy burst damage coupled with Pet dps, it may become a support/CC class, utilizing battlefield attrition to destroy an opponent’s will. We don’t know because none of the parts of the class currently really work as intended, and unless you know something the entire community does not, for all you know, you may be playing a class you will not like come next patch!

You may want to improve your own “English”, before you try teach me. =]

Poor use of punctuation can easily lead to misunderstanding, like it did.

Now, if you desire, and if you must persist, I will type out how I read, and understood your statement the first time around.

in Ranger

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

This!!! so many times!! ++++++1

It’s not too late for you, Anet. There are some people left you can care for.
(Whoever told you to act like you did over the last month was totally wrong!! Get a new business and marketing consultant and get rid of the nonplayer/ noncustomer related behaviour. -.- You need to address and care for your lovely customers, you really need to do that. Every business that will last long on the market has to mind that.
So give us customers reasons for still loving you and the game!! → That leads to happy players that will spend a lot of money to support you.
It is so easy!)

<3 for Anet! I did not give up on you and your game yet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Governor Toothpaste.1582

Governor Toothpaste.1582

@ Kurow

No, I didn’t know I wasn’t paying a monthly subscription. Thank you for informing me. I will stop mailing ANet checks every month.

I paid for the game. I am a paying customer.

Who said I wanted to leave? Remember, when you assume, you make an kitten out of yourself (I’m pretty sure that’s how the saying goes…).

Let me reiterate myself so you understand: I will not show ANet any respect because they have shown the ranger community the complete opposite of respect. They have lied to us.

I don’t enjoy being lied to. It’s very frustrating. So my only option is to leave because no one is forcing me to play? No, I’m not a child, I don’t see things so black and white. I quite frankly enjoy playing the game on other professions. So, I will continue to play the game. I know, mind=blown.

in Ranger

Kurow.6973

@ Kurow

No, I didn’t know I wasn’t paying a monthly subscription. Thank you for informing me. I will stop mailing ANet checks every month.

Who said I wanted to leave? Remember, when you assume, you make an kitten out of yourself (I’m pretty sure that’s how the saying goes…).

Let me reiterate myself so you understand: I will not show ANet any respect because they have shown the ranger community the complete opposite of respect. They have lied to us.

I don’t enjoy being lied to. It’s very frustrating. So my only option is to leave because no one is forcing me to play? No, I’m not a child, I don’t see things so black and white. I quite frankly enjoy playing the game on other professions. So, I will continue to play the game. I know, mind=blown.

@ Kurow

I’m going to “assume” English is not your first language.

You’re the one “assuming” here regarding anything I’ve said…so, I wonder who’s really making an kitten of themselves. =]

in Ranger

Posted by: Bast Bow.2958

Bast Bow.2958

@ OP

Respect should always be implemented in feedback posts going both ways.

But, I can understand the vast Ranger majority is geting tired to be left out. November AND October update both didn’t contribute much to the Ranger, while it is the most underpowered profession. While other professions that are doing just fine, or even more then fine (warrior and thief for example) are getting buffs… That’s rediculous. That fact alone makes it for me understandable that the community steps up and speaks out. Doesn’t go in a respectfull manor sometimes and that should not be, but then again, the community did provide normal constructive feedback before and that didn’t help for **** looking at the last 2 updates. So yeah, then people will look for other means to get the devs attention… Hopefully it works.

They’re losing a lot of fans already and will lose more and more if they don’t start acting accordingly.
I’m not sure if they even read all the (or at least most of the) posts in these official forums since Anet is not changing what the community is asking from them in these forums.

They come up with new content, which is nice, but not what the community asks for.
Not so smart…
Signs everywhere, and a lot of feedback to work with, but if they don’t work with it…..
Maybe they’re still bathing in all the positive feedback and critics they got on release a few months ago and the community is really trying to wake them up but doesn’t seem to be working…

I was looking forward to this game for 4/5 years, played GW1 from start, and the game looked very promissing, also in the beta’s. I thought I’d play this game for years to come primarily with a shooter or strategy-game on the side once in a while. Doesn’t look like it anymore. But I still have a bit hope left for the next update. Though I see I’m not playing as much anymore, and if the next update will be another buff for the already OP professions and will get all the love and attention from the devs and ranger will be left out AGAIN…. I’m really let down, and done with GW2.

Cheers

(edited by Bast Bow.2958)

in Ranger

Posted by: Ramethzero.3785

Ramethzero.3785

Eh, I’d hate to cut hairs with you on this one.. but without Anet i’d also have 2 months back and over a hundred bucks back in my bank. Sorry to play devils advocate, but Anet is just another gaming company. If I choose to be irritated by the developers that are working on the ranger platform, then that’s my business. Anet is only part of the problem. The developers – on the other hand – played a bad card because wording means something. You need to say what you mean and mean what you say, or else stuff like this happens.

Can I offer them some encouragement? Sure! I’d glady let them know. But I can be equally irritated due to setbacks. Absolutely, and I reject any notion that says I am not allowed to speak my peace. Not all negative feedback is trollfuel.

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

This is what ancient prophets used to do.They didnt give a clear answer..They make a two way statement…
Example:
Q: “Will i win the war?”
A: “You will win but if the sun wont be bright enough you will loose”
This was happening in the ancient place in Greece where pour people went to seek answers.
I mean next patch can be the NEXT patch but also the Nov 2015 patch

So you can say whatever you want everyone will believe what he wants to believe

in Ranger

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

That simply means you’re bad. Sorry, but that’s the harsh truth. You even admitted yourself that you didn’t get your skill off. Perhaps you need better reaction time…or, if it’s your lag, a better internet connection… a thief cannot 3 shot you in sPvP….
I fail to see the logic in this post…. Sounds like you just want attentio… trying to achieve it through a form of threat/guilt…
This game has no monthly subscriptions…did you know that? If you don’t like it, easiest solution is to leave….
…or perhaps, they’re not stupid enough to take everyone’s advice and push out rash changes just to TRY please EVERYONE… I’m glad they’re not just rushing to update EVERYTHING, EVERYONE is suggesting…

People complain on public forums?
When people talk about a game on a public channel, one of the things that tends to come up are what you liked/didn’t like… i mean, you should know allot about why people complain from those near paragraphs you threw out about those darn blasted complainers…

Sure people can leave a game, but they can also post on forums… not having to pay a monthly fee doesn’t mean you can’t be disappointed in and/or angry at a game…

Anyways…
Ranger is allot about dodgeing, but that just makes the thief spike more deadly… ironically.
Basilisk venom and mug make an instant 900 range 1.5s stun, oh and, you know, just 5~k dmg on the side.
Without SoR or LR or ‘protect me’ on spec and off CD, you pretty much die in those 1.5s.

Oh and the good part, GW2 itself. You said Anet shouldn’t listen to everyone’s complaints about everything… but developers also shouldn’t release a game that is quite obviously still in the early beta stages…
Commerce is a 2 way street…

I’m glad you’re enjoying the game, it still has a number of people who enjoy what was dished out
I would have preferred Anet developing/perfecting their ideas for another year and coming up with truly great PvP (since they oddly decided to completely reinvent a system which takes tons of time, especially with their slow and careful attitude towards working threw balance), but yeah that’s just me. Glad to hear there is one less person waiting for the big next MMO.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in Ranger

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

Good work deserve praise whether it is for pay or not, and a bad job is faced with disappointment.

However feedback and criticism given should be constructive, and should be given professionally. I have seen people on the forums saying they hate A-net due to a minor changes, not ever playing again due to something that they disliked. It is all very childish, the replies given by A-net so far are professional and should be responded the same for effective communications.

Disappointment and anger could be expressed differently or better yet, be expressed away from public forums or best kept to yourself.

Although some content A-net promised didn’t come or disappointed some people, logically that would not make sense to be done on purpose. So lets just leave that be and wait and see what they will do next. MMORPG or any business a community and company is should have mutual importance so no one is “more superior” for progression.

People should express themselves but we should also know when to draw the line.

Or else everything is going to end in a bad note. When one day A-net is going to ignore the community and make a complain thread and dump every complain in there and never reading them. Which would anger the community and GW2 dies. No one wins.

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

(edited by Coltz.5617)

in Ranger

Posted by: Bast Bow.2958

Bast Bow.2958

Disappointment and anger could be expressed differently or better yet, be expressed away from public forums or best kept to yourself.

Yes, so the developers will never know what is wrong and why a lot of people left the game, so let’s just all keep it to ourselfs and leave the game, and with that don’t give the developers the chance to work with feedback on what to improve.

Marvelouss idea, splended really

in Ranger

Posted by: Kam.8109

Kam.8109

Let’s say you went into a restaurant, ordered a steak, and the waiter brought you a pile of raw hamburger, and told you “I didn’t have time to cook the steak, please be patient and you’ll get a steak in the future”.

Would you show them any sort of gratitude or respect? Remember folks, we (the players) are customers.

(edited by Kam.8109)

in Ranger

Navi.7142

Yeah, and overall we are treated badly.

in Ranger

Coltz.5617

Yes, so the developers will never know what is wrong and why a lot of people left the game, so let’s just all keep it to ourselfs and leave the game, and with that don’t give the developers the chance to work with feedback on what to improve.

Marvelouss idea, splended really

might be better to quote everything I said.

“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

in Ranger

Navi.7142

Why can’t I read anything? It is just empty for me..

in Ranger

Coltz.5617

“ALL IS VAIN”

in Ranger

Moustached.4195

You may want to improve your own “English”, before you try teach me. =]

Poor use of punctuation can easily lead to misunderstanding, like it did.

Now, if you desire, and if you must persist, I will type out how I read, and understood your statement the first time around.

I’ll take your punctuation rebuttal as concession for defeat. You’ve yet to prove me wrong, in the sense that because the Ranger currently lacks a general direction, it leaves the player-base no general consensus as to how it will play when fixed. Based on this, my point stands, some people who come back to the Ranger class after it is “fixed” may question whether it was ever a class they would have liked in the first place.