Sigil for LB

Sigil for LB

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

Hi. I’m playing balanced build longbow ranger (30/25/10/0/5, max power, ~33% crit chance, 69 crit dmg, rest tough/vit) and I can’t decide what sigil should I use :/
Playing mostly WvW and fractals (lvls 20+), sometimes other dungs.

5% dmg – it’s nice it’s always on, but 5% isn’t that much.

Sigil of fire – I used rare one before making Kudzu to save money and it was really nice, but it didn’t proc as much as it could coz of my “low” crit chance. Now I’d buy supeior one ofc.

+10 might/kill – pretty nice, but 250 power is ~10% increase for me, considering I need to stack it up, and can lose it pretty easy, it doesn’t sound that nice anymore :P

What do you think? Is it worth using crit-proccing one with my crit chance? Maybe some other ones?

Sigil for LB

in Ranger

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

I myself use the Superior Sigil of Fire. And it works wonders; especially if your target decides to run back to his buddies and they all get whacked by my exploding arrows.

And regarding your crit chance; try using food and oil. I myself use the following:

• Bowl of Curry Butternut Squash Soup
  • Master Maintenance Oil

With those two active, it gives you a nice bit of added crit chance and crit damage

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Sigil for LB

in Ranger

Posted by: Abyssay.2837

Abyssay.2837

Imo the best bomb sigil out there. But should you put one on your lb or on the s/b cause of the faster fire rate?

Abyssay 80lv Ranger of Necrosis Piken Square

Sigil for LB

in Ranger

Posted by: Gelltor.3015

Gelltor.3015

I use sigil of fire with a crit rate of about 37% it hits often enough to notice and I like it,only downside is it occasionally causes you to aggro things you didn’t mean to :P

Sigil for LB

in Ranger

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Imo the best bomb sigil out there. But should you put one on your lb or on the s/b cause of the faster fire rate?

I use both LB and SB and each has a Superior Sigil of Fire in it. To me it doesn’t really seem to make a difference. The SB might have a faster autoattack, but the LB has Barrage/Rapid Fire. Makes for a pretty spectacular fireworks show.

Besides, I rarely autoattack with the LB as usually my weapon swap is available once all my other abilities are on cooldown (and you’d want Fury from Furious Grip for the extra 20% crit chance on swap).

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Sigil for LB

in Ranger

Posted by: lchan.2169

lchan.2169

sigil of generosity IMHO is the best.

Sigil for LB

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

LB is tough since the slow rate of fire makes just about any “on crit” type of sigil really crappy. Personally, I’d vote for Sigil of Accuracy since precision goes so well with berserker gear.

Sigil for LB

in Ranger

Posted by: Silverkung.9127

Silverkung.9127

I use sigil of earth combo with rapidshot.
60%cri will bleed target.(Myself have40%cri. but if u go cri type u will b better.)
And combo with shapenting stone.
More arrow fly more chang to bleeding them.

Sigil for LB

in Ranger

Posted by: GUFF.5692

GUFF.5692

LB is tough since the slow rate of fire makes just about any “on crit” type of sigil really crappy. Personally, I’d vote for Sigil of Accuracy since precision goes so well with berserker gear.

I ran these for a longtime in both my LB and 1H Sword. Changed to sigil of strength and both and have not noticed much a difference. I already had 60 crit chance even before the sigil of accuracy so having a sigil with an effect on crit feels like it does more for me. I may experiment with some of the others but so far I do like the sigil of strength. Seems like a decent replacement for Rage as One might stacking as I run with Entangle Vines currently. After doing a hunter’s call from my warhorn then switching to LB and rapid firing/barraging I can get a 8-15 stack fairly easily when I have fury up.

Sarhaz [CDS]

I was a ranger before shortbow had 1200m range AND after it didn’t…

Sigil for LB

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I ran these for a longtime in both my LB and 1H Sword. Changed to sigil of strength and both and have not noticed much a difference. I already had 60 crit chance even before the sigil of accuracy so having a sigil with an effect on crit feels like it does more for me. I may experiment with some of the others but so far I do like the sigil of strength. Seems like a decent replacement for Rage as One might stacking as I run with Entangle Vines currently. After doing a hunter’s call from my warhorn then switching to LB and rapid firing/barraging I can get a 8-15 stack fairly easily when I have fury up.

Yea, Sigil of Strength is pretty awesome. I use one on my 1h sword. If you have a spec that has at least 15 in Nature Magic, the sigil is even better since it will put might on your pet as well. This is the cornerstone of the 1h sword build that I use for PvE.