Sigil of torment and new food

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

As you know, new living story means new runes, sigils, and food. This time, there are some great options for you condition rangers out there. I’m thinking sigil of torment and longbow, right? Because now they have to hurt themselves more to close the gap. Toss in sharpened stones and a sun spirit and you’re a serious condition threat from a distance.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

the sigil sucks. tried it out yesterday. 1stack every 7 seconds is a joke

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

in Ranger

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

You know, when they introduce independent Sigil cool downs, and the ability to put two Sigils on 2H weapons, it will introduce a whole new world of build options for us and for other classes.

Basically, all ~on-crit~ sigils will have new life breathed into them, and I predict some combinations will simply be OP. Having a few different builds theorized already, I for one can’t wait.

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

i’ve been considering using torment instead of fire on my lb. at the verry lest i will get yet another rabid short bow and put it on that.

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

the sigil sucks. tried it out yesterday. 1stack every 7 seconds is a joke

You must need condition duration. I have 90% duration with my current build. I am getting two stacks of torment on the target consistently using only longbow. It’s working very well with sharpened stones utility for me though.

in Ranger

Posted by: ChioChip.5970

ChioChip.5970

I like the food more i guess…
It´s hard to stack torment effectivly.
I like how torment works but the bleed stacks from sigil of earth deal way more damage for me.

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

I like the food more i guess…
It´s hard to stack torment effectivly.
I like how torment works but the bleed stacks from sigil of earth deal way more damage for me.

I take two bows, sigil of earth on SB and sigil of torment on LB with the adept trait sharpened edges (basically a trait based sigil of earth, right?). I am also using quick draw. My armor is celestial. I am loving torment on longbow right now. Sort of typing and playing.

in Ranger

ItIsFinished.9462

Imagine Sigil of Earth and Sigil of Torment on LB…

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

That would be pretty sick dude. I’m loving longbow right now lol. Was just hating on it last week too.

in Ranger

ItIsFinished.9462

That would be pretty sick dude. I’m loving longbow right now lol. Was just hating on it last week too.

Yeah, Longbow is one of those weapons that takes practice to get used to. Are you liking Sigil of Torment more than Sigil of Earth on your particular build?

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Yeah, Longbow is one of those weapons that takes practice to get used to. Are you liking Sigil of Torment more than Sigil of Earth on your particular build?

I think I’ll get better condition damage with sigil of torment. I like the fact that it hurts them to get to me. Making them move with you and take full torment damage is what makes it better than sigil of earth. Although it might only be better if condition duration is high (mine is currently 90%). I’m just making guesses here about the duration thing being necessary though. Overall, I’m finding that longbow is better when augmented with conditions, like most strong ranger builds I’m aware of.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Sigils share internal cooldowns by the way. A cooldown for sigil of earth won’t even let geomancy proc.

Ranger | Elementalist

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Sigils share internal cooldowns by the way. A cooldown for sigil of earth won’t even let geomancy proc.

You know, when they introduce independent Sigil cool downs, and the ability to put two Sigils on 2H weapons, it will introduce a whole new world of build options for us and for other classes.

Basically, all ~on-crit~ sigils will have new life breathed into them, and I predict some combinations will simply be OP. Having a few different builds theorized already, I for one can’t wait.

in Ranger

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

What is the new food again? I must have missed it

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Type “toxic” into the BLTP. The one I’m testing is 100 precision and 10% condition duration. They are too expensive to use constantly. But they are great nourishment for a 30/20/20/0/0 build. Throw in koi cakes and go nuts.

in Ranger

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

Thanks! @@@@@@@@@@@

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

in Ranger

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

Can you link to any indication that this will happen? I havent seen this in recent gw2 news, just empty promises at launch to make 2h weapons equal to 2×1h.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Ranger

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

Can you link to any indication that this will happen? I havent seen this in recent gw2 news, just empty promises at launch to make 2h weapons equal to 2×1h.

an independent cooldown would be absolute powerfull. so many new possibilities. might proc on crit and might proc on weaponswitch would become pretty awesome in hybrid builds like mine. or ae torment and flameblast proc for some extra dmg on crit. heal on crit and lightning strike on crit. so many possibilities to spec offensive and defensive

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

in Ranger

Posted by: Fordel.3208

Fordel.3208

When are they doing this? I haven’t seen any mention of that.

in Ranger

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

But they are great nourishment for a 30/20/20/0/0 build.

Can you explain what trait you use the 20 in Survival for? I run 30/20/15/5/0 because none of the master traits are worthwhile IMO. Is there an adept trait that is worth running in the master slot?

I agree. Longbow needs a little bit of condition damage to augment it. I use a might stacking signet build, but gave up my 3rd signet for sharpening stones because I get so much more mileage out of it.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

But they are great nourishment for a 30/20/20/0/0 build.

Can you explain what trait you use the 20 in Survival for? I run 30/20/15/5/0 because none of the master traits are worthwhile IMO. Is there an adept trait that is worth running in the master slot?

I agree. Longbow needs a little bit of condition damage to augment it. I use a might stacking signet build, but gave up my 3rd signet for sharpening stones because I get so much more mileage out of it.

You can use celestial, rabid, or carrion armor. Take malicious training for your pets. Wolf was fun for me to experiment with given that I had access to torment. I like spiders and birds. Pets are mostly up to you though.

Marksmanship: malicious training, spotter, piercing arrows (you might prefer signet if beastmaster and signet of stone instead)

Skirmishing: companion’s might (this is probably up for debate), and quickdraw

Wilderness survival: wilderness knowledge (I was using sharpened stones utility and muddy terrain), and hide in plain sight (gives me a chance if I get ganked by a thief or warrior)

I like maxing out marksmanship for all the condition duration. I hope that helps.

in Ranger

ItIsFinished.9462

When are they doing this? I haven’t seen any mention of that.

You know, I went back through the forums and Reddit looking for the post but had no luck finding it. Basically, I remember reading about a Developer Twitch feed and in chat, a Dev mentioned individual cool downs on all Sigils. There was also a mention of adding 2 Sigils on 2H weapons. I wish I could find those links…

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

lol i remember in Beta when Sigil of Fire and Sigil of Air could stack xD, some poor kitten could get hit by a lightning strike and then explode into flames! It was hilarious! Made me like crit builds more…

But yeah, we totally need 2 sigils on 2H weapons, atm they’re kinda at a disadvantage..

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna