Signet of Stone Inquiry

Signet of Stone Inquiry

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

I love this skill when traited with Signet of the Beastmaster, but I have a few questions.
I have visited the wiki page and know that the skill prevents damage from attacks.

What exactly does this mean? Do I take still take damage from environmental sources like trebuchets and traps? What about conditions?

Signet of Stone Inquiry

in Ranger

Posted by: Momo.6972

Momo.6972

you still take condition damage… i am not sure about treb’s but u still take trap damage because it is condition damage. I am pretty sure though trebs still hit u through it….

Signet of Stone Inquiry

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

you still take condition damage… i am not sure about treb’s but u still take trap damage because it is condition damage. I am pretty sure though trebs still hit u through it….

Partially false…. When it says “prevents damage” it will prevent any and ALL damage that would occur to you AFTER activation, this includes being knocked backed, knocked down, any new application of a condition, daze etc etc etc.

However, if you are already afflicted with 25 stacks of bleed, you’ll still eat all of that because its already on you, however if you had no bleeds an ran over a spike trap you would be immune to the application of said condition, and therefore not be damaged by it.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Signet of Stone Inquiry

in Ranger

Momo.6972

well i learned somthing new :O

Signet of Stone Inquiry

in Ranger

Posted by: Tracker.6483

Tracker.6483

Immune to trebs.

Signet of Stone Inquiry

in Ranger

Momo.6972

Durzlla Do you Run the beast mastery signets with invun or is it not worth it to you?

Signet of Stone Inquiry

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Durzlla Do you Run the beast mastery signets with invun or is it not worth it to you?

I do not because i run a support build, and marksman isn’t really a support tree, however when i go with a “Kill all the things!” build i most certainly bring signet of stone because of how great that active is, it’s just way to good to pass up if you have 30 points in marksman (sig of the wild is essentially The Beast Within from WoW xD)

Signet of Stone Inquiry

in Ranger

Posted by: neoxide.7320

neoxide.7320

Only thing that goes through it that aren’t attacks as far as i’ve seen is fall damage.

Things that are technically attacks, but still penetrate are condition damage attacks and confusion self-damage. Although I don’t believe either of these are intended to go through signet of stone, simply because theyre attacks. Also similar buffs such as “protect me” and the buff that supply camp supervisors get also don’t hold back against condition damage. Seems like an oversight to me.

Signet of Stone Inquiry

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Only thing that goes through it that aren’t attacks as far as i’ve seen is fall damage.

Things that are technically attacks, but still penetrate are condition damage attacks and confusion self-damage. Although I don’t believe either of these are intended to go through signet of stone, simply because theyre attacks. Also similar buffs such as “protect me” and the buff that supply camp supervisors get also don’t hold back against condition damage. Seems like an oversight to me.

It actually IS supposed to go through, they already have moves in the game that literally make ALL DAMAGE NEGATED, if they wanted you to be able to avoid the already applied conditions then it would, imo it SHOULD make conditions already applied do damage, mostly because a lot of those conditions are “hard” to apply, ESPECIALLY confusion.

Signet of Stone Inquiry

in Ranger

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

It stops more DIRECT DAMAGE for 6 seconds after activation, whatever conditions you already have on you continues to tick.

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

Signet of Stone Inquiry

in Ranger

Posted by: Psychrome.9281

Psychrome.9281

another point is this conditions can still be applied to you but the damge will not be taken so if someone puts a long poison on you after you hit protect me or signet of stone, you will be fine for 6 seconds but if the poison is still on you, it will begin to start ticking damage.

Signet of Stone Inquiry

in Ranger

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

I’ve still been loaded down with conditions after activating the signet too. It doesn’t stop people from stacking them on you. May be a bug.

If someone else wants to test this to confirm, it would be appreciated. From what I can tell though, you’re susceptible to any kind of condition based attack regardless. Rather lame.

That being said, it’s probably one of my favorite utility; kinda sucks you have to spend 30 points to get it to do something it should do to begin with, though.

Signet of Stone Inquiry

in Ranger

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

They can continue stacking it, but only the stacks that were active at point of activation will do damage.

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows