Signet of the Beastmaster (Marksmanship Trait XI) and Signet of the Stone

in Ranger

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

Signet of the Beastmaster says that Active effects of a signet also affects me. And Signet of the Stone’s Active Effects is that my pet takes no damage from attacks. So how does this work

a.) When I activate signet of stone, i won’t take no damage from attacks too?

or

b.) The active signet already affects me and the my pet takes no damage from attacks perpetually?

in Ranger

Posted by: castillle.5248

castillle.5248

Not sure if serious…
But its a.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gibki.5207

Gibki.5207

Signet of the Beastmaster says that Active effects of a signet also affects me. And Signet of the Stone’s Active Effects is that my pet takes no damage from attacks. So how does this work

a.) When I activate signet of stone, i won’t take no damage from attacks too?

or

b.) The active signet already affects me and the my pet takes no damage from attacks perpetually?

It means that when You activate Signet of Stone You can’t be hurt for about 6 second from any incoming attacks, if You have already some bleeds on they will still hurt you, this signet works only on attack that should “hurt” You from the moment You activate signet like for example auto atack etc, If im right, u can’t get more bleeds stack until signet effect stop. But like i said before, If You have some bleed stack already, they won’t disappear. Your pet and You will both take no incoming dmg.

in Ranger

Posted by: White Devil.3176

White Devil.3176

I’ll take this chance to point out.. why the KITTEN is this talent in marksman and not beastmastery!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

Welcome to the world of broken and random Ranger traits But it’s option A, 6 seconds of no incoming damage.

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in Ranger

Posted by: White Devil.3176

White Devil.3176

“Welcome to the world of broken and random Ranger traits But it’s option A, 6 seconds of no incoming damage.”

I just noticed.. half the trait options in marksmen have the word beastmaster in them……..

WAS the ranger class an after thought or quickly slapped together??

in Ranger

Posted by: BlackRabbit.1259

BlackRabbit.1259

Or maybe Anet are trying to tell you something?

like signet activation on self is a useful/key skill for marsksmen / power build?

how would you re-organise all traits then? if you have the solution, maybe you can share it with The community and we can critique it for you.

in Ranger

Samfisher.7942

Or maybe Anet are trying to tell you something?

like signet activation on self is a useful/key skill for marsksmen / power build?

how would you re-organise all traits then? if you have the solution, maybe you can share it with The community and we can critique it for you.

I might just do something like that :P

Sea of Sorrows

in Ranger

Posted by: Qixilver.3784

Qixilver.3784

I traited beastmaster and then used signet of the wild thinking, “I can’t wait to grow larger and do more damage!!!” But I don’t think I grew larger, and I’m not sure if I even did more damage. But yes, the answer is A. I like to use signet of stone depending on the situation. It’s good for dungeons and maybe even PVP.

in Ranger

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

my ranger grew larger. but doing more damage im not sure.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kyias.1845

Kyias.1845

Signet of stone active is great for those thiefs that stand toe to toe with you and blow all their DPS.

Get out your GS or other melee choice and just stand there while popping quickness. Bye bye thief!

Kyias Lightsun
Myrmidons of Kryta (MOK)
Blackgate Server

in Ranger

Samfisher.7942

@Qizilver and Kyias

I tested it and my damage did go higher. I average 1.2k crits on my Axe, with the Signet I can do up to 1.5k crits

Sea of Sorrows

in Ranger

Posted by: Honey.9715

Honey.9715

I am a max height norn and I don’t think I grow any bigger (kinda disappointing) with signet of wild. Seriously though, I love the signet build with Signet of beastmaster. Sig of Stone (short term invincibility), Sig of Wild (regen and more damage), Sig of Hunt (speed and more damage). I wish there was an Elite Sig.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

It’s a shame all the signets but SoS kinda suck. SoR could be better but is our best stun breaker of the two that we have imo. And it’s active effect doesn’t work on us, as far as I can tell. I don’t see how it would, either.