Signet of the Hunt change

in Ranger

Posted by: Ultravalefor.5038

Ultravalefor.5038

Signet of the Hunt: Reduced the duration of the Attack of Opportunity buff to 30 seconds to match the skill’s recharge.

^ HUGE nerf to ranger burst. The previous duration (16 min or so) allowed you to double pop it, have it up from a previous signet pop, and then use it again after the recharge was up, for two 150% attacks in a row.

this is just ridiculous, and completely unnecessary.

Phaynel – recently voted the hottest Ranger in GW2 by everyone
married to Railspike the Red Alpha Golem
[PiNK] Toast Forever.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

“Huge nerf” is a bit of an exaggeration, but it does kinda suck.

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

I realy don’t see why they did this , pets are already nurfed in damage , some of them got a boost, plus using a signet of the hunt in combat is always a risk loose your 25% movement for a very short spike attack , a bit here or there.

but the fact we could stack it on our pet ready for a opening spike when combat starts , and i’ve never seen it do much damage as most players kite during the first few secs of a fight vs a ranger.

and WvW , ya it din’t do much at all unless the pets alive with shared boons , and you pop signet of the hunt , its normaly wasted as if the attack misses it still counts as a attack so we loose the bonus.

I claim a pointless change loosing 25% speed for 30secs the opening damage of 150% for ONE attack from a kiteable pet. thats not very fair at all considering the gap closers ect.

that signet is now useless unless you combo it with Full Skirmishing with Moment of Clairity , ( won’t beable to use Striders defence ect.:p i totaly Agree.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

LOL…I can’t believe Anet nerf rangers again, they must hate this profession.

in Ranger

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Anet, can you please find a dev who cares about this profession as much as 3/4 of you do about the warrior? All we ask is to have one voice to try to stop the rest of you from destroying this profession; because it’s pretty clear that right now, all we have is silence.

Make up your mind…either sit down and actually LOOK at this profession or take it out back and end it. We know you screwed it up in the start, you had a whole pile of ideas that you squashed into the stereotypical ‘ranger box’…but can’t you try to fix the mess you started?

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Apparently there must have been numerous complaints about signet burst Rangers.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Ranger

Posted by: TJV.6239

TJV.6239

The point of Signet of the Wild is that you get a 25% speed boost but can sacrifice that for a boost to damage. That’s what all signets are about; sacrifice. You get a boost but sacrifice it for a different, more circumstantial one. All the complaining about this skill being nerfed is ridiculous.

Shalom
Tyler Joe

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

The point of Signet of the Wild is that you get a 25% speed boost but can sacrifice that for a boost to damage. That’s what all signets are about; sacrifice. You get a boost but sacrifice it for a different, more circumstantial one. All the complaining about this skill being nerfed is ridiculous.

I don’t think people have a problem with that. The problem is the active on the skill is really weak compared with other similar signets, so much so that “fixing” it pretty much eliminates nearly all possible use cases. The fact that it lasted 16 minutes was pretty much the only thing that made it worth using the active for most players.

Look at the actives for the other similar signets for comparison:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Movement_speed

Signet of Hunt: +50% damage for one pet attack
Signet of Shadows: 5s blind which can be used while disabled (i.e. escape a big hit while disabled)
Signet of Air: 5s blind, and also a stun break
Signet of Locust: AOE health steal

The only time I can see SotH’s active ever being used now is with a Signet of the Beastmaster build, just before a Maul. Before, I’d pop it to charge up my pet’s next opening attack if I knew I wasn’t going to be moving for a while. If you’re going to give up the 25% movement speed just before entering combat, you’re better off just swapping it out for a different skill just before entering combat.

in Ranger

Posted by: TJV.6239

TJV.6239

Alternative viewpoint.

2 targets, both get 150% boosted damage that stacks with crit. Bring a pet with high damage, get off a good shot, 30/24 second cooldown, + 3 stacks might if you bring that.

Shalom
Tyler Joe

in Ranger

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Signet s are meant to be situational trade offs so the change doesn’t make much of a difference. In my build using it at the right time can result in either. A 5k canine knockdown, 8k drake aoe tailswipe or a 6k bird slash. People don’t expect it either.

Heck in another build I have run using GS can use two drakes and signet + hilt bash to get around 16k aoe damage. Great for camps or on point pressure along with the breath attacks.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Minor nerf to already crap power builds…nothing to see here.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

As Solandri put most signets have better actives than a blockable/kiteable/blindable single attack .
if it added a few 2-3secs of swiftness i’d be happy just to tide over that 30sec cooldown and helps the pet hit.

ps most signet rangers have a lack of swiftness anyway unless they are running bird+s/w then weapon of choice quite limited for swiftness options out of traiting for skirmishing too (ps don’;t include grand master traits no ones got spare points after spending 6 in marksman , the spare points are needed else where)

in some what i see this as a WvW balance , to deal with massive spike sniper rangers..:p

in Ranger

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

yes, true, but we are the only class that must spend 30 points to be affected by our signets active ability….

in Ranger

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

I think it’s time to re-roll my ranger, it’s just not worth it anymore. With all of the constant nerfing, Anet might as well delete this profession.

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

You guys are blowing this entirely out of proportion. The class has very real problems, but to think people are going to change classes over this? How in the world did you make it this far…

in Ranger

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

You guys are blowing this entirely out of proportion. The class has very real problems, but to think people are going to change classes over this? How in the world did you make it this far…

perhaps It was the last straw for some people : P

in Ranger

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

Truthfully, it was behaving more like a Preparation than a Signet.
So on a gameplay level I do agree with this change.

Power Ranger is still in quite the state, but one little freebie attack of opportunity wasn’t going to have much of an impact on that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

Well, there went my cheesiest ranger build..