Signet of the Wild

Signet of the Wild

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Someone plz give me a logical explanation on why does Signet of the Wild has a 1/2 sec casting time underwater while out of water is 1 sec..

Seriously what is this?
Why dont you keep the same casting time underwater..?
Its a way of telling ppl play SotW underwater?

Signet of the Wild

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

I think it’s just some sloppy oversight, I can’t give any logical reason, I know it is the same for the heals or atleast it used to be… ¯\(?)

oh also not to forget some pets attack much faster in the water, all devourers do for instance and that makes no sense either… ¯\(?)

Signet of the Wild

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

it’s ranger.

/15 char

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

Signet of the Wild

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

almost any class have faster cast time under water on utility skills.
Nothing special here.

Signet of the Wild

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Well i dont understand.. From my point of view i log in and i want to have fun.
I randomly used SotW underwater and i noticed a quality that i wasnt used to most of the times..It had less casting time and it was so much fun to use.

Now my question is that it is really that important to have a 1sec casting time? I mean the skill is there. Just copy it..Im not a game designer i dont know details but logic implies that since it is there how hard could it be?

Or there is a thin thread holding the perfect balance right now and it would destroy everything if SotW becomes more functional?

Signet of the Wild

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Well … now you can expect SotW cast be “fixed” to 1s underwater.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Signet of the Wild

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

Well i dont understand.. From my point of view i log in and i want to have fun.
I randomly used SotW underwater and i noticed a quality that i wasnt used to most of the times..It had less casting time and it was so much fun to use.

Now my question is that it is really that important to have a 1sec casting time? I mean the skill is there. Just copy it..Im not a game designer i dont know details but logic implies that since it is there how hard could it be?

Or there is a thin thread holding the perfect balance right now and it would destroy everything if SotW becomes more functional?

In pvp all utilities divide on Instant and Castable. 2nd one can be interrupted, and to interrupt then, was added 1sec cast time, so your opponent can react on it.

Signet of the Wild

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Well … now you can expect SotW cast be “fixed” to 1s underwater.

Exactly.

I’m afraid to even talk about things like this anymore, since what we see as the logical fix (shorten the cast time on land to be the same as when you’re in water), the devs have proven time and time again how distant they are from the community (at least when it comes to rangers).

So the only thing that will happen to this skill (if anything), is that casting time in water will be nerfed to 1 second.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Signet of the Wild

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Why does it have a cast time at all? Having 1 instant cast stability skill would go a long way towards improving the class.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Signet of the Wild

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

this thing just needs to be instacast, period. it’s useless reactively. Enlargement is really good though. also it wouldn’t hurt if its baseline regen was buffed. regen builds are useless in this meta, and they will be even more useless when the new specs and their bursty play come.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

Signet of the Wild

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Yeah, I run it in almost all my builds to secure stomps, but the delay is a real pain. The 1s delay sounds short, but is many times to long to wait when trying to stomp or revive. It would be a great improvement to make it insta cast like the other signets.

The other classes have some great instant tools to guarantee stomps…

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons