Skill To Have Spirits Follow You?

in Ranger

Posted by: ForbiddenSoul.1952

ForbiddenSoul.1952

I logged in today after a long break from the game and was told that the skill/mastery system had been “updated” and that a similar tree was given to me.

I can’t seem to find the skill (or what ever they are called) that has your spirits walk with you rather than be stationary.

Can someone please tell me what I have to click now to have the spirits follow you.
I’m lvl 80 with all abilities unlocked and can’t seem to find it…

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Removed from the game. As to why, your guess is as good as ours.

in Ranger

Posted by: ForbiddenSoul.1952

ForbiddenSoul.1952

So I guess it got replaced by that water spirit then. Already had too many spirits to use them all, and the ultimate one you can have already heals (or it did).

Really sucks that was one of my favorite parts.

Thanks for the info though…

= (

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

no water spirit was new.

they removed moving spirits because they are too Easy to kill through cleaves and provided too much Body blocking.

though doing so while still leaving spirits in a horrid state only reducing cooldowns and not giving them a QoL change , meaning the radius is still the same ect ect which needs and must be changed to cover a much larger area.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

They removed the movement of the spirit becuase they listened to all the ppl complaining about them in pvp. Thing is, spirit ranger wasn’t used at all the last 6-7 months or so. They said they would have something to compensate for the loss of movement. Guess what? They forget about that.

To be completly honest, the balancing team of this game, is probably the worst I’ve ever experienced. Not only do they take forever to correct things, they still favor 4-5 out of the 8 classes, and that’s the way things will remain it seems.

I whish they could go back to what made GW1 pvp a success, and learn from that.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

Well, at least Ranger spirits in PvE are in an okay-ish spot. Frost sees use in most of our group content builds and Sunny sees use in our condi damage group content builds. Spirit of Nature is currently a really bad warbanner, Storm Spirit and Stone Spirit behave like an awkward Spike Trap and Muddy Terrain respectively. As a final kick in the teeth, all spirits suffer scaling issues in some way, with it ranging from your condition stats not affecting allied burn applications through Sun Spirit to Spirit of Nature ignoring your healing power and any on-revive bonuses you may have.

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words

(edited by HotHit.6783)

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

They said they would have something to compensate for the loss of movement. Guess what? They forget about that.

Whoa now, we did get a whole 1s every 3s worth of 1 might.

That’s…. something, I guess.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Beezlebub.1538

Beezlebub.1538

Since we now have skills differentiated between the game modes, can we get the Spirits Unbound trait back for pve/wvw?

Spirits are really unique and I enjoy them as they are now, but I can’t use them in my preferred game mode (WvW). Thoughts?

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Since we now have skills differentiated between the game modes, can we get the Spirits Unbound trait back for pve/wvw?

Spirits are really unique and I enjoy them as they are now, but I can’t use them in my preferred game mode (WvW). Thoughts?

Nah, just make them move by default. They fixed them in PvE where they don’t die anymore so I don’t see why they need to be placed strategically.

in Ranger

Beezlebub.1538

Nah, just make them move by default. They fixed them in PvE where they don’t die anymore so I don’t see why they need to be placed strategically.

Yeah, even better. They’re just obsolete in WvW and I can think of a lot of uses for them for a backline dps/support druid!

in Ranger

Posted by: ScaryCharlie.3824

ScaryCharlie.3824

I only really use the 10% damage buff in WVW. And even then only when capping a tower. My two cents they die way too easily

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I’ve seen Spirits following people after the change as recently as a few days ago, so something is amiss here.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

I’ve seen Spirits following people after the change as recently as a few days ago, so something is amiss here.

Why are you lying? They’re not moving, even with the spirit trait.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

in Ranger

Beezlebub.1538

Maybe he’s referring to the Sylvari elite spirit that moves? Lol

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Maybe he’s referring to the Sylvari elite spirit that moves? Lol

Ye that skills is really similar to nature spirit… But it is actually better as it even attacks!

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

It was in Lake Doric and yes, the Spirit WAS moving with the Druid.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

It was in Lake Doric and yes, the Spirit WAS moving with the Druid.

you keep ignoring what we already told you, that’s a racial elite, and now go to play with the ranger so at least you know how the class works.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

there’s still a lot of problem with Ranger as of the moment as Spirit like you guys mentioned is one of them. Coming back again to GW2 and seeing how things change I really wish ANet/ Balance Team could’ve ask us for some suggestions with this. Im not sure if most of you guys were here in Collaboration but there were a lot of suggestions for Spirits too, its in a difficult situation to balance. Rangers right now is in a pretty good spot you can have : burst, support, condi with a few mix ups or “gimmick” builds in between.

The question I guess is how do you see or whats your suggestion for Spirit game play? Back in GW1 Spirits is insanely powerful, it changes the whole atmosphere of PVP if you lay one down in the field and its global (still limited by radius)

In GW2 I think ANets problem is that exactly, if they follow GW1 like some of you guys are suggesting, to a good Ranger that is a deadly weapon.

My idea would be similar to Revenants consume facet of (insert). You put your Spirits down similar to how the game is, when you need to move you can activate the 2nd skill of the spirit to consume it and share the benefit to nearby friendlies. At least that way, you have a choice. The 2nd skill should be a bit toned down, like lets say Storm spirit after consume would give attack of opportunity/ vulnerability on next attack.

Success is my only option, failure is not.