Skills/Traits that Do/Don't Work in BM

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

I’m only going to list things that use pet interactivity for simplicity. These were all tested in sPvP. Anything that procs on pet swapping can’t be used in beastmode because you cannot swap pets in beastmode.

Shouts

• Sic Em’ – Grants damage/speed boost to yourself in BM.
  • Protect me – Grants protection to yourself, taunts foes who hit you.
  • Guard – Does not work. No might nor damage reduction on yourself nor allies.
  • We Heal As One – Grants boons currently on you back to yourself. Lol.
  • Search and Rescue – Does not work.
  • Strength of the Pack – Grants might to you in Beastmode

Signets

• Signet of Renewal – Does not work.

Traits

• Natural Healing – Grants healing to you in Beastmode.
  • Potent Ally – Grants might to you in Beastmode.
  • Loud Whistle – Does not work. This one is likely intended however, as the other minor traits have blue information specifying what they do in Beastmode.
  • Shared Anguish – Grants a free ignore to CC. It isn’t transferred to anything, you just ignore it.
  • Empathetic Bond – Does not work.
  • Search and Rescue – Will trigger the skill, granting you regeneration. Will also increase your revive speed. Your pet will not be summoned to help you however.

Weapon Skills

• Maul – Grants attack of opportunity to you. Will proc if maul lands.
  • Crippling Shot – Grants your next three attacks bleeding.
  • Precision Swipe – Grants might to you upon attack landing.
  • Hunter’s Shot – Grants swiftness to you regardless of attack landing.
  • Winter’s Bite – Grants your next attack weakness. Will proc upon Winter’s Bite landing.
  • Call of the Wild – Unblockable portion does not work.
  • Double Arc – Grants your next two strikes poison.

I might’ve missed some things. I didn’t have time to try underwater weapons as well. Feel free to test on your own.

Stormbluff Isle

(edited by Soilder.3607)

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrury.4627

Chrury.4627

Thanks for this. I hope Anet adds beastmode effects for most or all of the pet traits.
Loud Whistle should reduce the beastmode recharge if possible.
Does Pack Alpha reduce beastmode skill recharges? I’ll have to check that one.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Loud Whistle should reduce the beastmode recharge if possible.
Does Pack Alpha reduce beastmode skill recharges? I’ll have to check that one.

Pack Alpha does not reduce the cooldown of Beast abilities at the moment.

I agree though, Loud Whistle should reduce the Beastmode recharge and grant the player the 10% damage bonus when above 90% health.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Go for the eyes, wilting strike, beastly warden and invigorating bond dont work properly. They trigger but at the end of the skill and not at the beginning.
Spoder poisonfields and bird swoops dont hit targets properly when in BM.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rap Tiger.1257

Rap Tiger.1257

The elite stance of the wolf had to be better ….. honestly this no longer give stability, nor fury or might …. as strengh of the pack and still only has 8s and does not take as much damage as I thought …. Out that I thought this would make me apply faster attacks or more double the damage efficiently.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mr Pin.6728

Mr Pin.6728

Can someone help me understand how potent ally is applying might in beast form? I start an attack with no might, no sigils equipped and already in beastform. Might application will generally go 1 stack 3 stacks 4,5, 7, etc. Is it applying might for you and your pet or is boon duration affecting my stacks?

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

What other traits do you have and on what weapon did this occur on during your tests?

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

Can someone help me understand how potent ally is applying might in beast form? I start an attack with no might, no sigils equipped and already in beastform. Might application will generally go 1 stack 3 stacks 4,5, 7, etc. Is it applying might for you and your pet or is boon duration affecting my stacks?

It applies a single stack of might every time you critical with an internal cooldown of 1 second. Were you using shortsword? If so it is possible for you to critical on the third swing of the auto chain, which will grant you might from the trait and might from the skill itself, resulting in two stacks of might.

Stormbluff Isle

in Ranger

Posted by: Mr Pin.6728

Mr Pin.6728

Yes that was it, I was using sword no offhand with BM, only potent ally traited, Soulbeast and skirmishing with no traits. So the might that would be applied to my pet from sword 3 was applied to the ranger in beast mode it seems. Thank you very much.

(edited by Mr Pin.6728)

in Ranger

Posted by: Just Jeff.6235

Just Jeff.6235

Thanks for testing all of this. Very helpful.