smoke field

as a survival skill:

Foggy Day
60 second cd
applies blind every second for 1 second
absorbs projectiles
10 second duration
smoke field

this would allow us to bring more group utility and also some added survivability in the form of stealth

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

Smoke Fields for Rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: Elrond.9486

Elrond.9486

I like it. Especially the added group utility part.

Zeus Thorsson – Guardian
Silver Moon [MOON]
The Toast

Smoke Fields for Rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

We have one…. underwater, with the jellyfish. Go go… Aqua Man.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Smoke Fields for Rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

and what use is that? im talking about on land lol

Smoke Fields for Rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

for new skills we can wait peobably ages
maybe the combo field on spike trap?

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

Smoke Fields for Rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Utility Skill:

Pack Bowl
30 second cd
Cause confusion to everyone within 240 radius
You cannot move.
1hr duration
Smoke field

Yeah, I totally agree with the Dust trap idea, but there was a Smoke trap in GW1 so maybe use that name instead.

Also, make a trait that is Throw Dirt; Throw Dirt into your attackers eye and cause Blindness for 3s when you are hit by melee, 15s CD.

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

Smoke Fields for Rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I don’t see much use for a smoke field in a trap, it would only be used if something move over it and in that case go stealth would be too late anyway, if you are thinking in stealth stomp it wouldn’t work since traps isn’t activated by downed player.
Best thing I can imagine is combine with a bow and use the projectile finisher for blind.

A new skill like a mud terrain that apply blind and a smoke field would be nice, specially with a sword/wh set.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Smoke Fields for Rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: Pwent.2639

Pwent.2639

I don’t see much use for a smoke field in a trap, it would only be used if something move over it and in that case go stealth would be too late anyway, if you are thinking in stealth stomp it wouldn’t work since traps isn’t activated by downed player.
Best thing I can imagine is combine with a bow and use the projectile finisher for blind.

A new skill like a mud terrain that apply blind and a smoke field would be nice, specially with a sword/wh set.

Make it the trap have a second skill appear once you set it allowing you to detonate it at will. Then do the same to healing spring and make it a trap also. :O That would be cool.

Ida

Smoke Fields for Rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: awge.3852

awge.3852

I think we should have traps that allow us to use more varied effects. You could have blast traps that would do things like apply confusion damage and daze 5 enemies in a 350 radius of it. Or a putrid trap that would create blindness and poison enemies at the same time OR cause vulnerability and weakness at the same time? (did we not learn anything from Orr). If you want to go more ‘nature’ oriented, then how about a spider web trap that would fear enemies and remove an boons on them?

You already have to sacrifice a lot to be a trapper (especially condition removal) so why not give people more options?

Mon Fils — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Blackgate
Ranger’s guide to PvP/WvW: http://tinyurl.com/oht3e9z

Smoke Fields for Rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

I think we should have traps that allow us to use more varied effects. You could have blast traps that would do things like apply confusion damage and daze 5 enemies in a 350 radius of it. Or a putrid trap that would create blindness and poison enemies at the same time OR cause vulnerability and weakness at the same time? (did we not learn anything from Orr). If you want to go more ‘nature’ oriented, then how about a spider web trap that would fear enemies and remove an boons on them?

You already have to sacrifice a lot to be a trapper (especially condition removal) so why not give people more options?

Something like this, sigh….

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Smoke_Trap.jpg

Smoke Fields for Rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Would be cool if bonfire and fire trap ended with a 3 second smoke field…

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

Smoke Fields for Rangers

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

Old thread.
Lost to the ages.
Return now.
To the front pages.

Smoke Fields for Rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

Old thread.
Lost to the ages.
Return now.
To the front pages.

3 days

72 hours

4320 minutes

Lost to the ages??

Smoke Fields for Rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Something like this, sigh….

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Smoke_Trap.jpg

Smoke trap definitely needs to make a comeback. When/if they release new elites, I seriously hope this is what they bring to Rangers.

Smoke Fields for Rangers

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

hehe, its just a rhyme