So Signets....

So Signets....

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Their cooldowns are extremely long.

• Signet of Renewal – 60 Seconds for a stun break and condition removal which most likely kill the pet VS Signet of Stamina (Removes All Conditions 45 Second CD Untraited)
  • Signet of Stone – 80 Seconds for a 6 Second Physical Damage Mitigation VS Endure Pain (60 Second CD, yes its only 4 seconds Physical Damage Mitigation but Also A Stun Breaker)
  • Signet of The Wild/Enlargement – 60 Seconds of the Damage Increase, Very Susceptible while Casting VS Dolyak Signet (10 Stacks of Stability, Instant Cast, Stun Breaker)

They have good actives don’t get me wrong

BUT

The Signet Trait Competes with Moment of Clarity.

I think a shave to the CDs will be great even just 10%

OR

Make Clarion Bond a minor, Signet Trait an Adept Major, then Alpha Strike is baseline.

What you guys think?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

(edited by StickerHappy.8052)

So Signets....

in Ranger

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

Will buy your Signets, trade them for Thief ones.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

So Signets....

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Ya ranger got a pretty amazing signet lineup.

Could they use an improvement? Sure.
Is reducing cooldowns the answers? Nah.

Signet of stone is a 2 stage skill with its passive being an excellent buff that complements the signets active well.

Signet of removal cures all conditions from nearby allies, not just self. As for pet dying, petswap before that happens.

Signet of the wild having a cast time is most likely due to it being a super buff.

Just comparing them to warrior skills’ CD and saying that is where they should be is arbitrary as the skills are not the same.

So Signets....

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Signet of removal cures all conditions from nearby allies, not just self. As for pet dying, petswap before that happens.

And what do you have SmokeScale F2 for?

“Observe, learn and counter.”

So Signets....

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Can’t agree with anything. It’s good that it competes with other traits. Shows that there was, at the very least, some thought of the balancing team sticking with their word of “choosing traits should be difficult” unless the player is going for a certain niche.

If there’s any sort of improvement that any signet should receive, the most I could see is the cast time on Signet of the Wild reduced from 1s to ¾s and Signet of Stone active also grants 6s of Retaliation for the player and pet with reduced cooldown from 80s to 75s.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

So Signets....

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

I can only agree with Signet of the Wild.
If you think about it…

You need to pre-cast 20 stuff before dealing your burst. That’s … Awful.
I don’t need it a stun-breaker. I just want it instant.

So Signets....

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I’d rather have Strength of the Pack be instant before Signet of the Wild becomes instant.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

So Signets....

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

I’d rather have Strength of the Pack be instant before Signet of the Wild becomes instant.

That might just work, too.

So Signets....

in Ranger

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

• Signet of Renewal – 60 Seconds for a stun break and condition removal which most likely kill the pet VS Signet of Stamina (Removes All Conditions 45 Second CD Untraited)
  • Signet of Stone – 80 Seconds for a 6 Second Physical Damage Mitigation VS Endure Pain (60 Second CD, yes its only 4 seconds Physical Damage Mitigation but Also A Stun Breaker)
  • Signet of The Wild/Enlargement – 60 Seconds of the Damage Increase, Very Susceptible while Casting VS Dolyak Signet (10 Stacks of Stability, Instant Cast, Stun Breaker)

BUT

OR

Make Clarion Bond a minor, Signet Trait an Adept Major, then Alpha Strike is baseline.

What you guys think?

Sounds like you’re forced into a choice. That’s what all traits should be. There should never be an obvious choice on a trait, that is poor design. Unfortunately for the most part, in GW2, there are poor trait choices and the best trait is obvious.

So Signets....

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

BUT

OR

What you guys think?

Sounds like you’re forced into a choice. That’s what all traits should be. There should never be an obvious choice on a trait, that is poor design. Unfortunately for the most part, in GW2, there are poor trait choices and the best trait is obvious.

Exactly my point, why would you choose Signet traits over MoC?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

So Signets....

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

SoR sucks because if the pet isn’t within 600 units of you, then you don’t get the cleanse. Other than that it is ok, even though its design is questionable by making you kill your own pet. SotW is fine, would be nice if it was instant. SoS is also fine.

Local Charr Ruins Everything