So, how do you make that immortal build?

in Ranger

Posted by: kagemitsu.3657

kagemitsu.3657

Sometimes I happen to meet these Rangers that can’t be damaged, no matter what.
Just now I was 1v1ing a Ranger in sPVP and I basically did… zero damage. He seemed to have Protection and Regeneration up fulltime, plus other boons, and his HP bar just wouldn’t move.

Which build lets you guys pull this off? <_< Because it’s quite insane imho.

He was using a longbow I believe, and had that green dog thingy as a pet, if that helps. Thank you.

(class stronger than mine) is OP. (my class) is underpowered. (classes I beat easily) are fine.

in Ranger

Posted by: Deleven.7508

Deleven.7508

well, im not any good at pvp, but i might know how he did a bit of this.
– ranger can trait so they get 3s of protection when the dodge in combat.
– rangers have easy access to 50% increased endurance regeneration in traits
– rangers can trait to have their heal skills apply vigor, this is continually applied by healing spring, which lets them dodge more, which lets them get more protection
– fern hound does give regen on its f2 ability

there are probably alot of things i missed though

in Ranger

Posted by: yoshoken.9432

yoshoken.9432

-Signet of the Beastmaster with Signet of Stone
-“Protect Me”
-Troll Ungent (It just looks like you’re not dealing damage, but we’re basically regening through it)

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

How much healing power should you have to use Troll Ungent? Most of the time when I use it, it only heals for about 800/s, not enough to keep health constant in anything more than a 1v1.

in Ranger

Posted by: Arrys.7145

Arrys.7145

What type of class were you trying to damage them with? Where you fighting at a stationary location where they may have had spirits stashed away? Hard part is keeping protection up reliably of what you described IMHO. 2 seconds on dodge really isn’t that much. So quite possibly the armor rune choice for that.

In heal power toughness builds from memory I’ve been able to generate

regen @ 290 HPS
Troll Unguent – 8XX per second or is it 9XX
Spirit – 4XX
Signet of the wild(requiring 30 in marks) – around 100 HPS as I recall.

So keeping a regen and signet you can generate in the 300-400 HPS in a max heal build if you can keep regen up. If you were chipping against that in a bunker engineer build stalemate.

I’ve found several durable builds but not a 1 that’s universally immortal they all had weaknesses to exploit.

I found I had better survivability ignoring healing in toughness power vitality builds however.

If you have 3kish defense troll unguent even with little to no plus healing does wonders against most opponents.

I also never really tried the condition variants. kitten Jim rangers use longbows….

Arrys Shaikin
OoS
A whittling ranger becomes viable by forcing his opponent to whittle

in Ranger

Posted by: Haudruff.7804

Haudruff.7804

well, there r also two utility skills which can give u (with right trait spec) 5s pure invulnerability with another 6s if pet is alive. add a conditionremoval (trait or utility or both) and there we go…add toughness, healingpower if u like, the right heals and pets and u have a ranger which can really take a beating without even doding or evading a lot.
my build is tanky, but i guess after reading this thread i am going to make such a build, thx for the reminding ;D

in Ranger

Posted by: Leogolas.6941

Leogolas.6941

I am trying out similar build, basically, I was making a build that focus a lot in condition damage and toughness and vitality..been trying to get bleed to stack up to 16. Have no success yet at this point.

[TSA] The Stuffed Animals
~We Are Deadly When Required~

in Ranger

Posted by: Leogolas.6941

Leogolas.6941

@kage, the dodge for protection is totally nice with the 50% regeneration and endurance regen FooD.

[TSA] The Stuffed Animals
~We Are Deadly When Required~

in Ranger

Posted by: Feni.4306

Feni.4306

I run a tanky spirit build with stacked condition dmg and it’s alot of fun. Sounds like what Leogolas is doing, except he’s probably much better at it than me lol. The torch does some pretty good damage I’m loving it so far. The spirits are just great all around when following you, a 35% chance for everyone around you to get protection/+10% dmg increase/deal a moderate amount of burning(I didn’t check yet to see if this is affected by my condition damage).

I try to stick in a group as much as possible since that’s the whole point of this build, not to mention a buffed spirit of nature is ridiculously useful in party fights. People keep asking me why I’m using the spirits and calling em useless, am I the only one who thinks they are quite nice to have? Especially that +10% dmg increase one if I’m around base damage dps. This is all for random pubs btw, I don’t do tournaments or set matches.

I’m having trouble deciding on a pet though, which one do you guys use? I planned on using the Moa that gives 13 seconds of protection but for some reason it only lasts 3 seconds. I don’t know if it’s a text error or the skill itself is glitched. So far I’m just sticking with the spider. I’m bad at keeping track of him so earlier I was stuck in combat with him nowhere in sight so I knew he was hitting something, and then he randomly appeared back on me with it saying he just got a kill(attachment). I thought it was funny and worth a save.

Attachments:

Warrior – RĂ­se[MoM]. Guardian – Ekria. Necro – Reimia. Engi – Feni Navi
Tarnished Coast.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vecuu.2018

Vecuu.2018

Immortal may be a bit of an exaggeration, but my standard build is super durable.

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en&code=3670007b1t1s15gsae00upf43444cg3glgr

I focus on Power/Toughness/Vitality Gear, and in PvE I use Knights Accessories.
I use Runes of the Dolyak.

~23k hp
~2900 attack
~3000 armor
~20% crit
~100 hp regen per second from Dolyak and Sigil of the Wild

For more information, see my guide:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/66729-how-to-be-a-great-greatsword-ranger/

Jaded [Jade] – Darkhaven Server
Jaded.boards.net – Your future home

in Ranger

Posted by: ShinraGuardian.8053

ShinraGuardian.8053

Please remove this thread its not a true statement just another troll.

My invinci-ranger would like to have a word. You can be very hard to kill as a ranger if you trait and gear the right way.

Dragonbrand
Elementalist
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]

in Ranger

Posted by: Eko.2079

Eko.2079

@Leogolas : since when regen food is compatible with 50% from skill trait?

in Ranger

Posted by: Funky.9762

Funky.9762

max toughness, max healing, protect me, bear pet, condition removal signet, hot signet, max evasion skills in weapons combination.

in Ranger

Posted by: neoxide.7320

neoxide.7320

If they were using a longbow chances are they had traited signet of stone which grants 6 seconds of immunity to damage to the pet and the ranger. “Protect Me” grants another 6 seconds of immunity to damage as long as the pet doesn’t die. So depending on how long the battle lasted, he may not even be a defensive build.

I’m a glass cannon geared ranger and when a thief opens on me I pop signet of stone and end up killing him before he gets me to 90% health. For all he knows, I could be a tank ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: poolman.7245

poolman.7245

Bunker archer is not a new thing in this game, or is it hard to do. Is such a boring build though because you do little dps, also there is another class that does this role so much better then the archer, it’ why you hardly see this build.

in Ranger

Posted by: RaoZaoku.5289

RaoZaoku.5289

You have this one signet, you know, called Signet of Stone.
It makes your pet take no damage for 6 seconds.
Oh look, Grandmaster Trait in Marksmanship, Signet Of The Beastmaster!
It makes Signet effects work on you also?!
God mode for you and your pet for 6 seconds.
http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/ranger#0|0|0|463|0|0|0|30|0|0|2342|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|