So many disrespectful Rangers.

in Ranger

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Everywhere I go I see so many Rangers who are generally awful people. Awful because they disrespect their friends/comrades by calling them Juveniles. You rely on your pets, yet haven’t the common decency to give them a name and let them know you care. It doesn’t matter if you just caught it or just summoned it from it’s pokeball, it’s a living creature that deserves love and respect. All those poor neglected pets out there makes me so disappointed in this community.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Those awful people are the most intelligent ones or those who have standards.

By all means, you won’t force me into renaming my pets every 7 minutes over and over again.
Yes, I choose my pets according to content and efficiency. Which means swapping the pet every single fractal, open world, raid and what not.

Sorry, but there’s no way you can ask people to slow other players’ gaming experience down by role-playing, is there?

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

And a little fishy named tragic bit.

in Ranger

Doggie.3184

By all means, you won’t force me into renaming my pets every 7 minutes over and over again.
Yes, I choose my pets according to content and efficiency. Which means swapping the pet every single fractal, open world, raid and what not.

Sorry, but there’s no way you can ask people to slow other players’ gaming experience down by role-playing, is there?

Sounds like you can’t handle the responsibility of being a pet owner.
Maybe they should all be taken from you and we can see how well you do alone.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

Sounds like you can’t handle the responsibility of being a pet owner.
Maybe they should all be taken from you and we can see how well you do alone.

Yes, please. We will do so much better Especially in fractals, jumping puzzles, in stealth, … :P

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

in Ranger

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

Tell ANet to save our pet names, most people just get sick of re-entering the pet names. It’s ANet that are evil here, rangers have been complaining about this since day 1 but all we get is lame excuses about it being too hard or takes too much storage blah blah. A local file with pet names for each type would do fine.

I’d even settle for just dropping the “Juvenile” from the name but ANet don’t even care enough about rangers and pets to do even that. You see, ANet HATES rangers and do everything they can to make us unhappy. It’s an experiment to see how much you can destroy a profession and still have people want to play it.

in Ranger

Posted by: theTurkey.2970

theTurkey.2970

I have posted this before, but my feelings haven’t changed.

At first, it was annoying having to rename my pet every time I swapped it out, but then I changed my perspective. No other class has two, 19 character banners they can change on the fly. I use them for holiday greetings, topical jokes, promoting companies or sports teams, etc. Nobody else can name their minions or summons. If the names are ever made permanent, we would lose this unique ability. Embrace our modifiable banners.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

At first, it was annoying having to rename my pet every time I swapped it out, but then I changed my perspective. No other class has two, 19 character banners they can change on the fly. I use them for holiday greetings, topical jokes, promoting companies or sports teams, etc. Nobody else can name their minions or summons. If the names are ever made permanent, we would lose this unique ability. Embrace our modifiable banners.

You can rename your pets over and over again…
… That’s not an issue of being constantly set to Juveniles.

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

Active rangers do many different types of content. A good ranger will change his pet based on the encounter. Each of my pet have a name the fact that you as a stranger don’t know my pet’s name is to protect my pet just as you wouldn’t want everyone to know the name of your child.

A guard dog is only effective when there is no confusion whether your friend or foe.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Shut your pie hole!

:)

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in Ranger

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Here is a way to make people change their pet name from Juvenile.

If you leave the Juvenile name by default and do not change it. The game will rename your character name to “Juvenile Player” until you change their name.

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Here is a way to make people change their pet name from Juvenile.

If you leave the Juvenile name by default and do not change it. The game will rename your character name to “Juvenile Player” until you change their name.

Or [I’m With Stupid]

in Ranger

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Aww, and I thought you meant the community. In both open world and dungeons I’ve met some terrible rangers (mechanically and as people).

While all classes have disrespectful people ranger mechanics seem to attract griefers who implicitly say, “No bronze for you!” by killing something they already secured credit on or pushing stuff away. Things like thieves and guardians with shadowstep can instantly reach the target after a point blank shot but others could have trouble. Then in dungeons they simply get themselves killed and blame the de facto healer.

in Ranger

Posted by: SqualZell.7813

SqualZell.7813

he doesnt read anything after he posts this… I have told him also that we don’t want permanent name, we want persistent names (that we can change if we want)

in Ranger

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I did name them.

It’s not my fault the game keeps forgetting.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Why does this matter again?

Oh wait….

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

Use the same pet in aquatic & terrestial, no change of name required then.
I am a pew pew bearbow ranger mostly for map exploration. Too bad bristleback couldnt be used in water, i will rename it to Ak Forty Seven. xD

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

in Ranger

Posted by: ChrisG.1703

ChrisG.1703

It always bothers me when I see an unnamed pet. What does it cost you to name them?

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

I always make sure i rename them both to Juvenile Brown Bear before joining a PUG dungeon/fractal group, just to freak out minmaxers for a split second.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Sandpit.3467

How would people feel if ANet “forgot your character name” every time you switched to a different character? Come on, what does it cost you to name him again?

I’d love to see this bug appear in the game, the forums would be hilarious

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Use the same pet in aquatic & terrestial, no change of name required then.
I am a pew pew bearbow ranger mostly for map exploration. Too bad bristleback couldnt be used in water, i will rename it to Ak Forty Seven. xD

Shark and red jelly too strong ;-(

in Ranger

Posted by: Ghostwind.4380

Ghostwind.4380

Still waiting for a space hamster to tame so I can name him Boo and create a macro for “Go for the Eyes Boo! Go for the Eyyyeeeesss!”

in Ranger

Posted by: theTurkey.2970

theTurkey.2970

he doesnt read anything after he posts this… I have told him also that we don’t want permanent name, we want persistent names (that we can change if we want)[/quote]

But I do read your responses, I just don’t always reply. I understand what you want. You want your chosen pet names to stay and only change when you change them regardless of removing your pet from an active slot. I don’t see that happening. Each ranger currently has 2 modifiable 19 character slots in a database holding a name. You are asking for one for each pet which is 50. I have trouble seeing that as a reasonable resource request for ranger pet name convenience. I can, however, envision a system of name when you tame. This may not be exactly what you want, but I simply fear that could be a solution seen as feasible by a developer and I would much rather have our current system than any type of permanent name.

Hope that is clearer. Gobble Gobble!

in Ranger

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Everywhere I go I see so many Rangers who are generally awful people. Awful because they disrespect their friends/comrades by calling them Juveniles. You rely on your pets, yet haven’t the common decency to give them a name and let them know you care. It doesn’t matter if you just caught it or just summoned it from it’s pokeball, it’s a living creature that deserves love and respect. All those poor neglected pets out there makes me so disappointed in this community.

Preach it…

in Ranger

Posted by: Jermoe Morrow.9501

Jermoe Morrow.9501

You actually can save pet names…exactly 2…sort of.

If a pet is set a nickname for an aquatic pet, and then also equip it for land use, it will share nicknames. So using 2 cats? set them as underwater. Now you can swamp out the land variant as needed and the cats will remember their nicknames. Obviously this only works for amphibious pets…

80s(name-race/class):Jermoe Morrow(main) – H/Ra
Blue Dorito-S/Re|Transitor-S/En |Tina Feyspirit-N/M|
Bmoe-A/T|Peter Whatsherface-H/G|Acolyte Rin-H/N

in Ranger

Sandpit.3467

It wouldn’t be so bad if you could name two pets but not the others but the name forgetting bug affects all pets eventually. Alternatively it would be better if there was a name for the slot 1 pet and a name for the slot 2 pet. So many things would be better than what we currently have. Heck, even just 1 perma pet name would be better.

in Ranger

Posted by: SqualZell.7813

SqualZell.7813

he doesnt read anything after he posts this… I have told him also that we don’t want permanent name, we want persistent names (that we can change if we want)

But I do read your responses, I just don’t always reply. I understand what you want. You want your chosen pet names to stay and only change when you change them regardless of removing your pet from an active slot. I don’t see that happening. Each ranger currently has 2 modifiable 19 character slots in a database holding a name. You are asking for one for each pet which is 50. I have trouble seeing that as a reasonable resource request for ranger pet name convenience. I can, however, envision a system of name when you tame. This may not be exactly what you want, but I simply fear that could be a solution seen as feasible by a developer and I would much rather have our current system than any type of permanent name.

Hope that is clearer. Gobble Gobble!

say 1 million rangers name their 50 pets that’s 50 million entries that is really not much in term of resources, I’m estimating somewhere between 5 and 10 Gb of data. I have MicroSD cards bigger than that.

It really is not a big deal to save 50 pet names and keep them persistent. (and not permanent like you keep saying)

Edit: kittening quoted text formatting went all kitten

(edited by SqualZell.7813)

in Ranger

Posted by: Kerin.9125

Kerin.9125

It always bothers me when I see an unnamed pet. What does it cost you to name them?

If you changed your pets for different content you’d discover the pain people simply don’t see any point enduring.

in Ranger

Doggie.3184

If you changed your pets for different content you’d discover the pain people simply don’t see any point enduring.

It’s your responsibility as a pet owner.
Think of it as taking a few moments of your time to feed and hug them.
Your bond will become stronger and make you a more successful duo in combat.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

My responsibility is to love all my pets equally.
Juveniles or not.
You are just a racist hypocrite who do not want to love more than a few pets and cannot handle having a handicapped pet as a soul mate.

That’s your true nature. The real you.
<It’s done – I said it, I’m out>
o/

in Ranger

Posted by: Katsuragi.4026

Katsuragi.4026

I don’t discriminate, I hate every one of my pets and I wish I could keep them stowed permanently in equal measure.

Yes, I am a Ranger. No, I don’t like having a pet.

in Ranger

Doggie.3184

My responsibility is to love all my pets equally.
Juveniles or not.
You are just a racist hypocrite who do not want to love more than a few pets and cannot handle having a handicapped pet as a soul mate.

That’s your true nature. The real you.
<It’s done – I said it, I’m out>
o/

You say you love them yet can’t be bothered to give them 2-5 seconds of your time to address them properly by their name when asking for their help. You instead command them like slaves and show them no respect.

in Ranger

Sandpit.3467

You say you love them yet can’t be bothered to give them 2-5 seconds of your time to address them properly by their name when asking for their help. You instead command them like slaves and show them no respect.

Was sort of fun at first but it’s got boring and troll like now

in Ranger

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

So, every time someone makes a different pet active, they have to physically rename it, yet again?

I do try to, actually, but if you had ever played a Ranger yourself (and weren’t just here to obviously troll, lol) you would know it’s virtually impossible to do, in an even remotely busy situation.

Real pets don’t need their name tags re-engraved every time you walk through the front door to meet them again and you can’t prove that we’re not calling them, verbally, by their (previously) given names, from behind the keyboard.

…and in fact, some of us are.

So your point about being deserving “pet owners”, even if you mean it in an analogous way with real life pet ownership, is totally moot.

If you really have an issue with their names disappearing, which I doubt, take it up with Anet.

I want my pet’s given name tag to remain, too.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

in Ranger

Posted by: spayced.2016

spayced.2016

Since day one.

Paper is fine. Nerf rock.

in Ranger

Posted by: spayced.2016

spayced.2016

Sinc e day one.

Paper is fine. Nerf rock.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

My pets have names. I scream them at the screen every time the pet does some recklessly stupid.
The only problem the censorship in game does not allow me to write it down.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!