So now I want ascended armor for raids....

in Ranger

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

Hi all I have a short question here where I hope you can help me with?

I’ve been playing a ranger sinds launch and now I’ve upgraded him to druid.
I dont have any exotic gear yet so I was wondering what stats would be best to still deal damage but also heal others a lot? I Though of going Clerics or even Celestial stats but I’m not sure what to pick. Any advice?

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Celestial would absolutely deal more damage than clerics, but would have a lot less healing, if you want to be healing as much as physically possible as a Druid (which is a LOT) you’ll want Clerics, and if you go into Nature Magic and pick up the Healing Power gives you Power trait you’ll actually gain a pretty good chunk of damage too.

Clerics is also far easier to get than celestial since there’s 1) no time hating and 2) the matts for cleric aren’t account bound.

Essentially, go cleric if you want more healing, go celestial if you want more damage.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Eirh.1439

Eirh.1439

Neither of them.

The beta raid had an important fight component where you had to control the aggro of the boss, and he usually attacked the person with the most toughness. So going full cleric means that either you have to constantly tank him in addition to your healer stuff or the “tank” of your group needs to fully gear with Toughness as a main stat to have more toughness than you.

Magi or Zealot allow your “tank” to have just a few toughness pieces and still reliably control the boss.

Semper Concordia [SC]
Abaddons Mouth

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

and if you go into Nature Magic and pick up the Healing Power gives you Power trait you’ll actually gain a pretty good chunk of damage too.

You get pretty much 80 power.
That can be neglected pretty much. Of course, it helps. But I wouldn’t really stress it.

@OP
Anything else – yes Durzlla told you everything you need to know.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

Zealot’s is easily one of my favourite stat sets in the game. It’s the most offensively oriented healing power stat set in the game and allows for some interesting builds. The problem is there’s a couple of hurdles.
Recipe prices, exotic insignia especially. It may be worth waiting until players have researched the merchants you get from the pact commander mastery, from what I’ve learned there’s no reason they shouldn’t sell all the zealot recipes, but I’ve not been able to confirm the insignia is in their inventory.
Watchwork Sprockets. The other reason this gear is so expensive. The watchwork mining pick from the gemstore is one of the two ways to get them these days.

It makes me mad that there’s no alternative stat sets for healing power and damage without any defensive stat baggage, then for trinkets Zealot’s isn’t even an option at ascended. I’m still trying to work out what I want to do for my own ascended trinkets or if it’s better to run just exotic at that point.

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

Zealot’s is too expensive for me. I’m looking at a mix of clerics and zerker gear, with food and oils I think we just need to hit around 1k HP. more than that won’t really be necessary for now.

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

People are suggesting glass healing but in order to heal you need to be getting celestial form frequently which means camping staff. Staff doesn’t deal dmg worthy of your dmg stat focus. If you are downed you lose all Astral Force.

My suggestion, go with a mix of shaman and apothecary. Take axe/torch on swap set. Camp staff, burst with axe/torch. Whenever you have CF charged swap to a/t burst then enter CF. On exiting CF burst with a/t then swap to staff and camp it till CF available again. Just my thinking atm.

in Ranger

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

its hard to make a decent build atm iguess ill run my recently acquired clerics gear for now to assist my friends but i hope a decent build and affordable stat set comes up in the near future

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

in Ranger

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

after some testing, I’ve settled on a setup i’m pretty happy with right now

Helm, Coat, Gloves – Clerics
Shoulders, Legs, Boots – Magi’s
Weapons – Clerics
Trinkets – Zerkers

I find that this allows me to do good damage while still providing heals. using bristleback and rampage as one for 25 might (which btw, is almost perma 25 might if you have a good chronomancer with you) staff hits for ~1.5k+, and longbow auto hits for ~2-2.5k. While still providing good heals (+1k hp on CAF #1, about 150 hp on staff #1, about 8k on CAF #4.)

I’m still considering going the route of more heals when raids come though. This build just feels good at all current venues of content (open world/fractals/dungeons/etc.)

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

and if you go into Nature Magic and pick up the Healing Power gives you Power trait you’ll actually gain a pretty good chunk of damage too.

You get pretty much 80 power.
That can be neglected pretty much. Of course, it helps. But I wouldn’t really stress it.

Full Exotic Clerics with healing power runes would net 100 Power, but still, I think if you are running with a group (and whats the point of running healing gear if you are not) then Bountiful Hunter is the better choice, since both you and your pet will likely be doing 5% (at least) more damage from it.

Interestingly, Instinctive Reaction will bring your power (in full exotic clerics) up to 2000 and 5% of 2000 is 100. So if you have 5 boons all the time, then Bountiful Hunter is better by 5% on the pet, if you were solo and could not maintain at least 3 boons, IR is the better.

Not taking the Quickness into account at all.

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

in Ranger

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

I looked into zealots my self, even had all the parts. The things I wanted out of the set was the power, the precision and healing power. However there is a few issues with it. Yea its pricey which was my first issue and then there is no zealots accessories of any kind. To add to that, your basically glass which is not good for the class that needs to be alive for the others.

After tinkering around with the numbers I ended up settling on a clerics / captains mix with strength runes seeing as we now have a lot of might upkeep.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in Ranger

Posted by: neville.3420

neville.3420

I looked into zealots my self, even had all the parts. The things I wanted out of the set was the power, the precision and healing power. However there is a few issues with it…. your basically glass which is not good for the class that needs to be alive for the others.

I’m running zealots armor + zerker trinkets myself and I really love it. There’s a lot of misinformation about us being glass not but personally I found I have a tremendous amount of sustain from the healing power.

Resounding Timbre + WHaO is a 16s heal that does 11s of 200/tick regen PLUS 7000~ healing + 1000~ healing from the “heal allies on yourself and your pet” trait.

This is in addition to all the other passive healing capabilites of the druid.

The way I see it is that healing power itself is a defensive trait inline with toughness or vitality.

This is my build and I’m absolutely loving it so far. Zealots worth every penny:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNIQJAWRnUqAFsiVsCGsActglFBDOqeV7qLXuAwg7JKcCWdjIN-TRCEABJ8AAI4IAslSQDOEAMp8rT1fob/h20FAwFAAA-e

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

IMO you should wait till raids come out to see what exactly is needed of druids. We’ve seen ONE fight out of presumably many dozens of bosses.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

I looked into zealots my self, even had all the parts. The things I wanted out of the set was the power, the precision and healing power. However there is a few issues with it…. your basically glass which is not good for the class that needs to be alive for the others.

I’m running zealots armor + zerker trinkets myself and I really love it. There’s a lot of misinformation about us being glass not but personally I found I have a tremendous amount of sustain from the healing power.

Resounding Timbre + WHaO is a 16s heal that does 11s of 200/tick regen PLUS 7000~ healing + 1000~ healing from the “heal allies on yourself and your pet” trait.

This is in addition to all the other passive healing capabilites of the druid.

The way I see it is that healing power itself is a defensive trait inline with toughness or vitality.

This is my build and I’m absolutely loving it so far. Zealots worth every penny:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNIQJAWRnUqAFsiVsCGsActglFBDOqeV7qLXuAwg7JKcCWdjIN-TRCEABJ8AAI4IAslSQDOEAMp8rT1fob/h20FAwFAAA-e

Totally agree with you that healing power does work as a defensive stat. In some instances you’ll have to take hits, and when you do your build will take roughly 25% more damage because of the differences in toughness but both builds will have very similar damage.

Glad we both like what we have. Both builds are probably equally expensive seeing as your money is in zealots parts and mine are in str runes.

Lastly, you may want to consider hoelbrak, strength or monk runes over altruism unless your playing a remorseless based build.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)